Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Dragonfire Moderator

I tried taking the 'difference' between them, which is 605F7; that wasn't it.
I don't know if it's for one of the current ones, or one still to come, some I'm just gonna spam this at the puzzles real quick. I don't have QR code reading ability.

3rd video QR code
Dragonfire Moderator

Thanks, Nova! Got a feeling that's for a puzzle to come.
Dragonfire Moderator

Mmmn, there's actually two sections that are markedly different in colour, right in the same crystal-area. The section between them is... not quite the same, either, but close.

2vc7rqg.jpg
Dragonfire Moderator

Everything else in the pictures are pretty much the same, with some minor exceptions for rasterisation (probably compression-related).

I think the answer lies in that bit of the crystal. Now just to figure out exactly what's needed!
Could the letters need to be in the Atlantean script?
Great7

The obelisk. The two pictures
the test of worthiness left by the ancient race
And the power source
Dragonfire Moderator

Mmmmhhrmrhmr. Okay, comparing the two 'differing values' each by each didn't seem to get me anywheres.

Let's see. For reference, on one crystal, we've got hex values (bottom to top) 17b1c0, 16cdec, 27e5f2, and 42ffff. On the other, we've got 11abc9, 17c9e7, 18dbf7, and 32ffff.
Dragonfire Moderator

That's a total of 99659D on the one side, and 7551A6 on the other.

Which works out to 10053021 and 7688614 in decimal, again for ref.
Dragonfire Moderator

Which gives us a difference of 2413F7 / 2364407. But neither of those are it, either.
Dragonfire Moderator

This is the final seal for the Gryphon obelisk!

Unnnnfortunately, I'm a little stumped. I think I'm on the right track with the crystal colours, but I'm having problems when it comes to inputting what the 'difference' is. Any ideas?
Oh, you tried that already ... ooof!
Dragonfire Moderator

Yeah, unfortunately that didn't seem to be the way!
The difference in lightness is 0.03 so try 003 whenever possible.
Hades_

I don't know if it has anything to do with this riddle, but during the new video when the hero gets his power from the crystal and hits the floor the first laser hole creates a bat in the floor.
Dragonfire Moderator

0.03 did not work!
Dragonfire Moderator

I really do think we're working from the first comic, in this one - the door from puzzle2 said that 'only the worthy may pass', so since this is part of the test of worthiness, the test has to take place before we go further into the maze. Hence, the entrance-area.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Oh look this must be where I need to be sitting

tenor.gif
Dragonfire Moderator

Perhaps this has something to do with image sampling, which is involved in aliasing... But, uh, I have no idea how one'd go figuring out the difference in that. Hrm.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus