Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

This is a "Puzzle" so I think if it doesnt give the images then the last clue will tell us where to find them
Give me about about 1 or 2 hours and I should be able to switch powers to something from Doubutt.
What if the same picture appears on two different pages already, but with a slight difference?
I tried looking through the videos and comic but didnt see anything that might be a spot the difference. Feel free to check again though. Im not sure where else we'd look
Are we certain it's two pics and not the two videos posted?
BOOM! I DID IT! But still confused. Any thoughts guys?
Dragonfire Moderator

Sample the power sources, eh...? Hrrrm.

Okaaay. We could be talking power sources on the various 'bots, or various crystals, or, heck, even potions?
Ilmarinen Moderator

Awesome, thank you Nightmare! This one looks like it may involve pulling two pics (or screenshots) into an image editor and finding a difference in color, or something. Maybe the two portals? I'm out right now but I'lllook when I get home.
Maybe the crystals - there are variations in the blue colors, but I cannot see any differences.
Lex

On a hunch, I checked out the "story so far" comic, and noticed that the comic on the page and the full sized comic have two different names, "comic1.png" and "comic1-small.png". Though, this is probably just an extraneous detail for coding/organizational purposes because I don't see much difference apart from some shading/color.
Also, the portal in the comic irradiates blue in one pic (left) but not right.

Finally, I noted that there seems to be a shape when the portal opens in the video (and it's green and not blue!), but so far my photo manipulating skills have been poor and I cannot tell what it is.
Lex

We may be missing something...

There are different versions of things where the scorpions appear for those that have arachnophobia, right? Maybe there's more differences there than just the scorpions?

Worth a shot, at least.
I do recall that at least one video (the first) is different for the arachnaphobes. The newspost explicitly states it.
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrm. The arachnophobe version of the video just had the scorpions taken out entirely; nothing else seemed to be changed. (I watched them both because I am a dork like that.)
Ilmarinen Moderator

I had thought maybe it would be comparing the portals, but now I think we are gonna be comparing something within the labyrinth itself, because it's part of our test of worthiness!
Lex

A new video arrives! And with it an image on the ground of the labyrinth that looks like a QR code...

EDIT: My QR code reader popped out this message "yb oi ko ac pl io"
I got the same QR code and the same letters.

I wonder if these have anything to do with the puzzle?

I've been attempting to unscramble and make some words with some hope that something will make sense but *shrug*

play
ploy
playbook
copy playbook
koi

I dunno! *flails*
BY KALICO KOI!

Maybe? I'm so lost, but that's what I saw almost instantly. XD
I kinda thought that way too, but there's only one 'k' and there's also a 'p' in there, soooo
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrm. *squints* Between comic1 and comic1-small, there's one crystal that has a section that's coloured... close to, but not exactly the same as, the other. One is 17b1c0, the other 11abc9.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus