Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Dragonfire Moderator

Tried: alias, aliasing, anti-aliasing as a lark. Those didn't work.
Dragonfire Moderator

Confirmed?? that the second comic has no discernable differences in its different versions. (Thought since the second clue mentioned a 'guardian', it might, but it appears not to be the case.)
Dragonfire Moderator

*stares at the pictures*
*stares at the pictures sideways*
*stares at the pictures upside down*

What is going on here???

kdrdef.jpg
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I... am guessing that that is artifacts from applying the crystal glow?
Dragonfire Moderator

Oh, phew, okay. It just threw a diff-checker for a real loop and confused the heck out of me! :P

Yeah, me too! XD
Dragonfire Moderator

Still, that whole raster patterning over the crystal is highly suspicious. That just... Shouldn't do that, I don't think, in any normal kind of scaling.
Are the QR Codes the same in both versions? Maybe that has something to do with it?

I don't think there's more than one version of that video?
It’s cheating to open up this topic before these pictures have been released, yes? Because the Sphinx was explicitly part of our “test or worthiness...” If so, the Sphinx has a pink jewel thing on the chest in one picture, but a blue one in the next.. In the comic, I mean. Perhaps the cat’s powers’ source is said jewel?

Edit: Or rather, the jewel is pink in the comic, but not in the picture below. Or maybe it’s not the same thing. It’s a stretch.

Seals are unlocked by unlocking the previous seals on the same obelisk - plot advancements such as bosses are unlocked by unlocking a certain number of seals total, regardless of on which obelisk. It's always possible to unlock things in a way that's skewed toward one obelisk or the other such that its seals are ahead of the plot releases. That's happened in a handful of past EWs :)
me rn
EYZAKHE.png
Part of your test of worthiness

Corporate This guardian needs you to find the difference between these two pictures

Sample the power sources
LastOfMyKind wrote:
the Sphinx was explicitly part of our “test or worthiness...”

...has a pink jewel thing on the chest in one picture, but a blue one in the next.. In the comic, I mean. Perhaps the cat’s powers’ source is said jewel?

Edit: Or rather, the jewel is pink in the comic, but not in the picture below.
I'm really scratching my head over this.

fxiXKfE.png

The sphinx is a test of worthiness, it has two different crystal types, and the crystals are sources of (super)power. Could it have something to do with crystal colors or numbers or...?
Dragonfire Moderator

Libertine wrote:
me rn
snip

7a9.png
Dragonfire Moderator

From the latest news post, too:

"We've passed another of the labyrinth's tests - with a crash that echoed throughout its ancient halls, the Mechanical Riddle Beast has collapsed. Its super crystals no longer glow."

If the super crystals are a power source... Hmn. There's also two similar poses of the Biddle Reast in that comic; the lighting is a bit different in each, so the crystals show different colours.
Dragonfire Moderator

If we're talking about things that have two different versions, too - the difference between the two versions of the first video is three scorpions, so that could also be tried.

Except that doesn't really have anything to do with power sources, does it? Eh, still worth a shot, I guess.
You pull the cork out of the Message in a Bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

Puzzle 3: One of the images you are looking for is in a comic

Now you have an empty bottle, too!

So this says one of the images is in a comic not both!
So the closed door mechanism is visibly different in the comic compared to the video.
In the video, the three signs at the very top are also activated, not just the four signs in the comic. Anyone managed to identify them?
Dragonfire Moderator

The letters around the portal, you mean? They spell out 'BHAR' in the comic and 'TVOG' in the video! We used them for Puzzle2. :)

I wonder if it is actually talking about the Sphinx's crystals, then. Her activated battle form doesn't actually appear in a comic, but the form with the trio of crystals does.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle3 symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus