Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Island (CLOSED)

Captain Anvindr reached the edge of the forest just as thunder boomed over the area. It was getting hot, now humid, and her mood steadily lowered. Walking through Martian sand? A piece of cake. Trudging through “Earth” sand in a spacesuit? Yeah. No. Never again.
She set her helmet at the base of a tree just as the first drops began to fall. On her left arm, she opened an access panel and keyed in a code. With a small hissing noise, her spacesuit unhinged itself, folding into the access panel and reduced to the size of a standard calculator. With the spacesuit gone, she slipped the access panel into the pocket of her black leggings and readjusted her leather vest. The rain began to fall more heavily around her. Shivering slightly, she pulled the sleeves of her black shirt over her thumbs, tucking her hands into her armpits to keep warm.

She looked up to the sky, expecting dark and menacing storm clouds. But the rain was lighter than she thought, the clouds a swirling grey, like mercury. She knelt, leaning against the tree for support, and picked up her helmet.
“Acacia?” she asked tentatively. This place had a power she couldn’t name, only sense in energy levels. She hoped it didn’t mess with her equipment.
A seafoam green holographic display sprang to life, emitting from the helmet. Standing at about nine inches tall, a young woman stood suspended in front of the helmet. “Captain. How may I assist you?”
“Thank god, you still work. Where are we?” Tyrelle asked the hologram.
“An unknown planet, Captain.” Acacia paused. “From my calculations, it is geographically and physically most similar to Earth, such as the Mesopotamian Era. I detect abnormal fluctuation in energy levels, specifically those that most affect our communication systems with the Artemis and the colonies.”

She sighed, her favorite cuss words flashing through her head. “What about the replicator?”
“Fully operational,” Acacia responded.
“Good. I need my furs and two knives.”
“Yes, Captain.”
Tyrelle gently set the helmet back down as Acacia disappeared. In her place, a beam of silver light moved back and forth over the sand at her feet. Within moments, Tyrelle’s fur cape and two daggers materialized before her, as well as a handy waist holster for one dagger and a sleeve for the other to tuck into her boot. “Acacia, you think of everything,” she said with a smile.
The hologram reappeared, smiling as well. “Do you need anything else, ma’am?”
“Just a handy way to carry you around.” Tyrelle strapped on the holsters, sheathed her daggers, and reached for her cape.
“Would a silver necklace work?” Acacia asked.
“Sounds good to me,” Tyrelle said, snapping her cape into place on the shoulder straps of her vest. She watched with interest as Acacia disappeared again. The helmet unhinged itself, much like her spacesuit did earlier, condensing itself into a silver necklace. The main portion of the hardware shimmered, disguising itself as a small pendant resembling Thor’s hammer decorated with runes. “Well done.”
“Thanks, Captain,” Acacia’s voice responded from the pendant.
In the brief silence that followed, she suddenly heard voices carried on the wind. “There’s others here?” she asked aloud.
“Several heat signatures have been detected,” Acacia said.
Turning, hand on her dagger, Tyrelle quietly followed the direction of what she heard.
Daniel Tempest (played by HybridRoleplayer23)

Tempest was getting a quite bit tired he heard footsteps close to he and his friend's location as well as a voice saying "Several heat signatures have been detected." wait he thought that can't mean us right? He drew his sword just in case someone came too close.
Sarah Da'naou (played by nightmqre)

She looked Gravedigger up and down, clearly suspicious. The rain hadnt bothered her too much, considering she had fallen into the ocean originally and was still wet. As for the shift in light, she hadn't really noticed because of her home land; it was constantly encoated in darkness, and she was too busy with the war to really focus on much else.

"Na buddy." her ear twitched, which made her flinch in pain because it had been cut previously quite deeply, the blood still trickling down her face. "I got shoved through it. Jaxuon thought it was some kind of hell." she shrugged, shoving her hands in her pockets as she let out a bored yawn.

"If anything this place is way better than home. I might just stay..." she actually considered the thought, before she remembered Nivar again. "On second thought, maybe not."
Len watched the growing activity along the coast with uncanny vision, still getting used to their new eyes, and given their last experience with one of the strange people was being threatened with a bow- and that the others all seemed to have weapons of their own as well- Len, with cursory backwards glances, had quite some time ago retreated up into the mountains, hopefully safe from prying eyes. they were partially sated on roots, berries, and leaves they had found to be edible, although they had left somewhat of a bitter taste.

As they sat high up on the ridge, just out of sight but in a position where they could gaze down towards the coast, Len brandished a sharpened rock they had been working on, using it to clear sections of bark off the branch they were working on. Everyone else seemed well-armed on this island, so it was probably about time that Len had made a weapon for themself- Even such a primitive one.
Vincent Kazira (played by Ember_Wolf)

Vincent sighed, once his paws were freed he cautiously moved up to the other Lupine and took the Medkit. Kazira flicked it open and found the bandages and some alcohol "Hold still, it'll sting..." Vincent poured some on the wound to prevent it from getting infected and then started to bandage the wound. He would make sure his friend was healed up, and did the same with his own wounds,before closing up the Medkit.

"He's lucky that it didn't pierce any of his Arteries... And I guess that I am too..."

When he heard the Voice, he slowly drew his Energy Pistol, he only had a few shots for it though. "Then they probably know where we are now... Keep your eyes and ears open..." Kazira advised, he kept his weapon aimed towards the source of the sound. He used his hearing to try and find where they were "Whoever's out there, show yourself!" Vincent started to scan his surroundings, making sure his friend was close by.

He wasn't quite sure if there was a threat, or if they were friendly. Vincent would also look around for a Cave to stay in for the night.... "Somewhere to sleep would be nice..."
The Spirit of Adventure, listening in, saw… no, more sensed the magic coming from the horned beast that had just landed. Focusing in, they quickly looked it up and down. Oh, heh, they had landed on someone. TSoA wasn't one for slapstick comedy, but it just looked appealing to them for some reason. It looks ass though the man is alive, though. Shame.

The dust clowd formed itself into a small bird, compared tothe few others they had seen cowering from this rain. There. Would make spying a lot easier. They flew onto a nearby branch and listened in to the group of… well, 6 now. Upon doing so, they looked over the group more critically while listening in.

The girl… yeah. TSoA never had sen anything quite like her. That seeme unfair, though. They had never seen anyone quite like anyone here except… the dustbird guessed the one currently held up? Back to the girl, she just seemed… off. Her skin was weird, and TSoA honestly felt a bit disgusted looking at her. The… other human seemed a bit… chaotic, as well as injured. Mabye that was an opening, although,the ears gave off… shamanistic vibes. TSoA realy hoped against too much rivaling magic, but they couldn't seem to accuratly gauge magics right now. The fight and then portal must have messed them up. What about the… skeleton? You know what, that seemed too complex for now. TSoA looked and saw the last two, a… small horned beast and what looked to be someone much more normal.

TSoA listened in as shaman answered an unheard question. Alright. Shoved through something, Jaxuon thinking it was a hell. Wait… alright. The brown bird tweeted slightly as it thought. Probably the same way that they got in themselves. Did… a bunch of these portals open randomly? That would explain a bit about confusion of both sides.Probably meaning that no one knew where they were. Damn.

Wait. No, this was great. Get more information, find some gullible fool, and begin causing some chaos! Or maybe even construct some way to crack open these totems… what a stroke of luck. Out of the frying pan, into the glossy green meadows. TSoA guessed it was time to do some more listening in. The bird shifted a bit closer to the group on it's branch, looking at them all quite curiously.
Sora surveyed his surroundings and proceeded to walk in the direction of the jungle before him.

"Better to walk in blindly then just sit around, not like I can be destroyed that easily anyways"
He walked into the forest, keeping a slow pace and making sure to move semi quietly as to hear any movement or sounds.
Unsure at where his current position is, he soon heard someone yell.

Slowly making his way closer he stands on a narrow path crouching down as he sees what seem like beasts.
Not making a sound to alert them as his eyes shimmer red and his hardware is still working on a diagnostics check so his options for combat is somewhat limited at the moment.

Sarah looked up and looked straight at the rain, not seeming to be affected by the water hitting her face. She stared up for a while before she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming herself down inside. She quietly cleared her throat and looked down, opening her eyes. She looked down at her hands and examined her rings, which she seemed to have many, many of.

She then looked back up and at the woman and the zombie girl before she once again slipped between them and made her way back to the jungle. She stood at the edge of it where she had entered previously, staring at it blankly. "Just when I thought I'd get big." she snickered quietly, referring to her music career which she had previously been working on; and it had been going well. She began pushing the leaves and greenery aside, stepping into the muddy terrain.

"Got one foot on the edge," she hummed quietly. It was mostly to keep her composure in contact, and keep her fr breaking down in fear; like it always did. "Are you gonna come and save me?" she made sure to be quiet, keeping it an almost-mutter level.

She went further than before. She kept a straight face as her jeans became even more muddy than they had been before, as well as her jacket. Her boots, luckily, were walking boots built for this kind of weather and terrain so she was alright in that department. She wanted to find someone- anyone- who knew what was going on, as it was clear everybody she had talked to previously clearly had no clue what was happening.
Gravedigger (played by Mr_Stick)

Gideon ignored the rain. It really coudln't bother him, given what he has been through.

"Listen, we need to find shelter and then.....hey!" Without even a word Sarah started walking away, back into the forest. "Hey wait!" Quickly moving Gideon caught up with Sarah.

"What do you think you are doing? No one knows what is going on around here, we don't even know if..." He stopped, staring deeper into the forest. What the heck was that? I just felt something....

He shook it off, focusing back on Sarah. "We need to group up and figure out what is going on. Finding shelter first would be a good idea instead of just wandering off in the dark."

As he spoke, a small tremor shook the ground. Nothing major, just enough to get most people's notice.

"What was that?" He growled, before looking shocked. Just over the tree-line, he could see in the distance.....a steeple. A very familiar steeple. "Grandfather?"
Zombie Girl (played by Mr_Stick)

Z giggled, and then blinked, staring up at Narisi's bottom. "Huh? OH! Sorry! Zombie put you down now." Just as she said, she gently placed the red-headed woman back on the sand.

"Sorry! Some times Zombie not think straight. Brain rot." She giggles again. "Rain feels nice, but rain not good for clothing or paper. We need find dry place to....stay...."

The tremor got her attention, though it didn't last long. Hey! HEY! That house! BIG HOUSE! What house doing there?" Zombie Girl pointed in the same direction Gideon looked, and even through the rain one could easily see the top most parts of a very big, very Gothic mansion, the flashes of lightning easily silhouetting it against the sky.

Again, without thinking, Z grabs Narisi by the wrist and starts dragging her over to the mystery house deep in the jungle.
Mirah (played by Mr_Stick)

The stone coffin quaked and shook, the magic binding it reacting to the people on the island. Deep was it in the jungle, hidden from sight for the most part.

But again the flaming red circle on the lid pulsed, sending a wave of subtle but strong energy.

"Jokes on you. I wander in the dark all the time." she shrugged his commen off before she stared up at the large house, her brow furrowed before she shook her head and turned to Gideon. "Listen. No matter what this world holds, what this island contains. There aren't je'oaul darting overhead or noia'io trying to pierce your gut every five minutes; so in my book, it's safe." Her gaze was cold and almost dead like as she stared up at him from her short height of 4'7.

"So don't try to lecture me on what to do or how dangerous things are, because I could probably guarantee you haven't seen even half of what I have." her voice became hollow towards the end, much like her chest had felt hollow for several years.

She wasn't about to be lectured by some man who didn't even know her, and didnt know the world and enviroemt she had grown up in her entire life.

However, despite acting all brave and confident, when the lightning struck her eyes filled with fear as she visibly jumped from the loud sound. She seemed afraid of lightning, and possibly thunder for whatever reason she had. Her ears flattened against her head in fear as her tail coiled around her right thigh.
Eternal Child (played by PixSkitt)

Mac had did his best to assure her that she didn't hurt him. Though, she was sure she had. He grunted in pain. She had gotten off him when that happened. Chirping and chittering, mostly to herself about something or another. Aside from the noises of birds and small animals, she had no real communication skills for people. Uorin, and the one who sent the four here to live could understand her perfectly.

She wished now that she picked Uorin. But, she wanted an adventure with Mac. She shouldn't be to bummed out about it. They will have to wait till they meet up with them again.

Then she had noticed a sound, a chirping. Her head snapped to the area the sound was made. The twinkeling lights in the darkness of her sockets scanned the area. Spying the bird. She chirped a greeting to it and waved. Before, turning to dart over over to the group of people. There voices starting to fade. And the being she chirped at. He was a bringer of what that person was.

This confused the girl. But, she couldn't talk to anyone here about that. Mac, would take forever to even guess close to what it was. For now, she would have to keep listening to it.

She would follow after the group of people. Mostly because, Mac had seemed to know one of them. Hearing him call out to them to wait up. She had let out a hearty, childish laughter. She was going to have to tell Uorin that Mac liked a Zombie!
Mac (played by PixSkitt)

He was stumped, she didn't hear him. Then he noticed it. Then he had noticed the house, Eternal rushed after the group as they left.

Getting up and picking up his coffin, "Hey! Wait up!" He shouted at them all. He hoped they would hear him. If they didn't. Eternal laughter would. The child was only half aware of anything.

He was put in a position of taking care of her, "Damn, Uorin would have been better with her. But, he is always threatening her." He was in a moral dilemma about that. But, he had time hurry to keep up with the group, so he wasn't left behind. He was also a bit excited at seeing Z again. Maybe they could catch up. Maybe start over. The first meeting, it made him feel bad. It made him feel like he was a creep. "Hey Z! Wait up!" He shouted again, trailing behind the rest. Practically dragging his coffin.

He was probably the only one that was always prepared for anything. His life was in his coffin. Well, in the way of material objects.
Nato (played by PixSkitt)

They walked the path. And he was starting to feel uneasy. He mostly tried to talk with Uorin. Other than the rain, he liked this place. It was a nice change of pace.

He looked back, "Come on Uorin! Let's find shelter. I am soked, and would like to change clothes!" He demanded. Stomping closer to the coffin. "Hopefully that is Mac and I can get a change of clothes. Yes?" He giggled, like a girl. It was obvious that cross dressing was starting to effect him. "Maybe here I will be able to dress as a man for a change. I stead of having to cross dress." He heard the gruff chuckle at him.

Huffing, he stomped faster to where the coffin was. Once it was close enough, he stopped. Frozen. That wasn't Mac's coffin.
Uorin (played by PixSkitt)

He chuckled at Nato's obvious girliness caused by his crossdressing. Watching him stomp away, and then stop frozen I. Fear. "Little trap, you act more like a girl. Yet always claiming to be a man." He snorted. The cursed unicon stopped, "That ain't the cumsy coffin boy. Let's make camp here for the night." He ignored both death glares of the other. Choosing a tree to sit under, closing his eyes and listening once more to the rain. Ignoring Nato stomping over.

"Uorin! I am not sleeping.." the lightning so close made him jump into Uorins lap. Uorins lips curled at one corner. Smirking, and petting the now curled up doll in his lap. "Sleep cat. That stone coffin is the only danger right now. But we should be far enough away to not be in any real danger."
Tyrelle’s head snapped up at the voice. After a moment’s hesitation, she drew her daggers. “Species analyzation?” she whispered.

“Unknown. Unencountered,” Acacia replied quietly.

She nodded an almost imperceptible affirmative. Angling towards the voice, she focused her video feed in her left eye. Thermal figures appeared mere meters away. Edging quietly closer, she hid behind a tree near the pair, cautiously waiting.

The primal warrior training she had gotten when she and Saoirse were young resurfaced. She was pale, freckled, and clearly visible. Cursing her bad luck and professionalism in the space program, she wished she had her smudged makeup for a bit of camouflage.
Vincent Kazira (played by Ember_Wolf)

Vincent had to admit, this place was much better than Draconis.... Although, he wanted to be a little closer to civilization, a little closer to home... Kazira usually had issues with trust, he was commonly bullied and downtalked due to his chubbiness... It was infuriating whenever it happened. It explained why the Wolf had a bit of muscle, he had to so that he could keep from being knocked over.

Naturally, Kazira heard where the voice was coming from. He seemed to have a large frame and he did have a High-Tech Laser Pistol. It seemed to be of Advanced Design. Vincent would slowly walk around, quietly grabbing some stuff for starting a fire with.

His ears would perk in her direction at the slightest sound. "Show yourself!" yelled the wolf, his ears were Hypersensitive, so he had plenty of warning. "Hostile? Or Friendly?" thought Kazira, he kept his Pistol in its Holster... Although, his paw was clearly ready to draw it if he had to.

He was ready to leap for cover, should a fight start. The wolf could see quite well in the Dark, he seemed to know her General Direction. "Come out, slowly..." he said, trying to not sound too threatening.

He had set a Snare a few moments ago, and he had several tricks up his sleeve should there be a Battle.
Len tied the twisted cord of plant fiber around the notch they had made on the upper limb of the piece of wood, completing their flatbow. It wasnt their best work, but it would serve them well enough for the time being. They picked up the small pile of sharpened, smoothened wooden "arrows" they had hastily made, and set the makeshift rock knife they had been working with. They looked around where they were- a small pond up in the mountains, past the forest, with a distinctive rocky outcropping that should be visible from some distance. They had picked this spot because it would be easy to find again, and without a quiver or belt they could not carry much at once, so they had to leave some behind. Their jagged rock tool and some of the "arrows" were left in a small pile, while they ventured down towards the forest, warily.

Len slid down the slope. Most of those who had shown up on this part of the island were now gone, chasing eachother off to the north. With any luck, not all of the prey in the region would have been chased off.

Almost immediately, Len found tracks- some that looked canine, albeit with a strange gait, and in the opposite direction, some form of ruminant. Len blinked, slightly surprised by how quickly they had found tracks, and how fresh they seemed, but did not question their good luck, and with their makeshift arrows in hand, started following the tracks quietly- hoping that their handiwork would at least be capable of taking down a deer.
Huh. The bird watched as the group began walking, with the two farthest behind chasing after. The horned beast had chirped a greeting at them, it seemed, which made TSoA just a bit paranoid. Was it towards a bird, or towards the magical being impersonating a bird? It shook the tiny head it had as someone lugging a coffin called out towards the group. Seems as if some of them had prior connection.

TSoA was about to swoop after them to the gothic house when a… magical pulse swept thru their body. TSoA felt a distant urge to investigate what felt so much like bittersweet chocolate, but also didn't want to pass up such prime infiltration time for this group. It would've been quite a problem for lesser creatures,this… dilemma.

Two brown birds flew off the branch wher there was just one. Each held two totems, and each looked exactly alike the first. Only one followed the group, while the other made it's way to the source of the strange tasting magic, the coffin.

The one following swooped towards the apparent clearing of this house, while sliding out of the way of larger drops. This group was quite argumentative, but seee to have come to the conclusion that it was safer together. Fair. The bird perched near the two in the front, skeleton and shaman, and listened into their agrument. Oh, how fun. Part of TSoA wanted to play on this now, seeing the shaman's snaps, but the other wanted to wait and ruin it later, when it had grown. Heh…

The other other part had perched a safe distance from the two by the coffin. Ignoring the two meaningless individuals, it seemed almost entranced. The form changed into that of a branch with a few dead leaves resting, a quick change only the observant would be able to spy. From there, TSoA was ready for whateer the coffin entailed. The bittersweet taste of the magic made it feel as if it might have a bit of danger here as well.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Island (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus