Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle8 symbol discussion

We need a list of all the animals and note those that can do backflips

Monkeys can do it
Fishes/whales/dolphins too
Dragonfire Moderator

Before you all go haring off after that train of thought, let me bring back what Kim said a couple of pages ago:
Quote:
Can confirm that everything you need for these puzzles is in the actual Epic Week materials.

But keep those thinking caps on!
Okay, so we all assumed that the sequence is five animals, but what if it's six?
The sixth would be the same as the even numbered.
You pull the cork out of the Message in a Bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

Puzzle8: Duplicates are allowed

Now you have an empty bottle, too!
Dragonfire Moderator

Yeah, I've been working on the assumptions that it could be either five or six.

I'm wondering if there's not multiple animals seeking protection or something, though. Or multiple backflipping ones, since the monkey's chunk of rock kind of does a twist in midair.
Okay, so clues:

1) The first animal needs to watch its step - could be cat, but also scorpion?

2) The third and fifth animals love backflips - unicorn, monkey, dolphin/fish or whale

3) The even numbered animals seek protection - squirrel

What does the bat do?
Dragonfire Moderator

Hangs around Gotham City?
Time to try again!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Good luck all! :D
Aalto looks at you pleadingly. "Please, vote with your party hats - stand up to bad business practices and avenge my long imprisonment in that labyrinth dimension. Commission your repair services only from me!"

Hmmm. The snail seeks protection?
Our clue was Puzzle8: Duplicates are allowed

I don't think it means the even numbered animals, I think it means first, third and fifth.
So we may have a combination of only two animals in a sequence of five or six.

New clue in circulation
Trickster

Well... I tried.

"Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts."

--William Shakespeare

Anyone else faring any better?
Bottle Message:

Puzzle8: Not all the animals you see will be part of my answer
Trickster

Does that tell us anything new? There's more animals than there are positions in the puzzle to begin with, aren't there?
Tar

I still believe that I am very close with my thought process here. I'm nearly positive it's still Cat ??? Unicorn ??? Unicorn. I'm just uncertain as to how many animals are in the sequence (still assuming five like Puzzle5) and which animal(s) seek protection. We at least now know that we can both have duplicates and don't necessarily have to list every animal.

I'm going to continue trying when the way is clear once more, maybe Cat Monkey Unicorn Monkey Unicorn - the monkey was hiding under a stone that had to be flipped, it wasn't merely uncovered like the bat and cat.
Quote:
This is what I have so far! I'm trying to piece this one together, but I'm missing a couple things.

Animals In Order of Appearance:

Squirrel - Lock (0:00)

Bat - Laser Strike (1:10)

Cat - Laser Strike (1:26)

Unicorn - Backflip Shadow (1:41)

Monkey - Laser Strike (1:46)

I'm assuming it's only the animals found in Discoveries and Crystals (since the first set from Raider of the Lost Labyrinth were used in Puzzle5) and I'm only counting the animals seen in stone. There were only regular fish shown swimming as the city is sinking, right...? Let me know if I'm missing any!

Clues:

“The first animal needs to watch its step” - Cat

“The third and fifth animals love backflips” - Unicorn

“The even numbered animals seek protection” - ???

We know we can use duplicates!

I'm uncertain as to which animals are looking for protection - the ones uncovered by lasers...? The squirrel as a keyhole...? I'm also uncertain as to how many animals we need to list. I'm guessing five like Puzzle5, but not going to assume that's a given!

Assumed Solution So Far:

Cat ??? Unicorn ??? Unicorn

OR

Cat ??? Unicorn ??? Monkey
Dragonfire Moderator

Another clue from a bottle! Oh dear.

"Puzzle8: All of the animals you will need for me appear in Discoveries and Crystals"
Tar

It was not Cat Monkey Unicorn Monkey Unicorn either. I'm still trying! :'D My list of failed guesses is starting to get pretty long, though.

tenor.gif
Cat Unicorn Squirrel Unicorn? I don't know...just a thought.

Edit: nope. Neither was Cat Unicorn Bat Unicorn.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle8 symbol discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus