Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle8 symbol discussion

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

*whispers* more clues
You pull the cork out of the Message in a Bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

Puzzle8: I require six animals

Now you have an empty bottle, too!
"The even numbered animals seek protection"

Think this could deal with the squirrels or cats? I can't imagine bats, monkeys or unicorns would really need protection from anything.
Dragonfire Moderator

Phew. Okay.

First animal we're reasonably sure is a cat.

Third and fifth we're reasonably sure is a unicorn.

So the second/fourth/sixth... Seeks protection. Maybe... maybe there's an animal we haven't found yet? The monkey doesn't seem to be it, so... hiding behind something? A pillar? Our Heroes as they fight? Or it's the fish. But I thought I tried fish with those other things already. Hrmrmrmrm.
DorianM wrote:
You pull the cork out of the Message in a Bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

Puzzle8: I require six animals

Now you have an empty bottle, too!

Could that mean six unique animals?
Perhaps it could relate to slugs? They require protection, so I'd imagine they'd occasionally seek it out.
Dang! I forgot about the slugs!
Dragonfire Moderator

KansasVenomoth wrote:
Perhaps it could relate to slugs? They require protection, so I'd imagine they'd occasionally seek it out.

"Puzzle8: All of the animals you will need for me appear in Discoveries and Crystals"
Dragonfire wrote:
KansasVenomoth wrote:

"Puzzle8: All of the animals you will need for me appear in Discoveries and Crystals"
After watching it a second time, it seemed like it was moving so fast. I think a third watch is in order (after I get out of class, that is).
Puzzle8: Only one of the animals will be used more than once
On YouTube on settings you can select slow motion. But I only saw bat, cat, unicorn and monkey for the laser strikes.
Alecia wrote:
Puzzle8: Only one of the animals will be used more than once
Ooof...it's probably the unicorn, then...
DorianM wrote:
On YouTube on settings you can select slow motion. But I only saw bat, cat, unicorn and monkey for the laser strikes.
Ah. Still, I'll have to watch it again to get an idea.

For those just joining this topic, these are all the clues we have so far:
  • The first animal needs to watch its step
  • The third and fifth animals love backflips
  • The even numbered animals seek protection
  • Duplicates are allowed
  • I require six animals
  • Not all the animals you see will be part of my answer
  • All of the animals you will need for me appear in Discoveries and Crystals
  • Only one of the animals will be used more than once
That's important! if there are six animals, then three of them are even numbered with only one clue. Seek protection.
Cat Bat Unicorn Bat Unicorn Bat is a no go.

So seeking protection is probably not "I've gotta find a place away from those crystals so your power will fade."
Kamizombie, only one animal can be repeated...two animals were repeated there...
Dragonfire Moderator

HECKIN

FINALLY

OMG YES
Was it solved?
Dragonfire Moderator

fish

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Puzzle8 symbol discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus