Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Short Break

I'll make this short and to the point.

I've been having lots of stomach pains recently, enough so to warrant an all-night stay at the ER and two doses of morphine. It's hard for me to focus on any one thing, and we're not sure what the cause is (X-rays reveal everything to be normal, no blockages. It's not appendicitis)

I hate to say this but I'm not going to be able to RP for a bit. The pain sometimes gets so bad that I can only pace back and forth to try and somehow ease it.

Thanks for your support,

~Oaky
No problem! get well (and back) soon! :D
Omg O.e'
DON'T DIE, OAKY 38
I'll keep you in my prayers.
I hope you feel better soon, Oaky!
Get well soon Man. i hope it's nothing too serious :)
Awww, Hun, did they check your gallbladder and kidneys? You're young, so I would be surprised, but it's possible. :( hope you feel better soon.
Hope you get better soon :/

Blessed be, my fellow magical creature.
May the lights be with you. :D
Forget ferris-
SAVE OAKY.
Heart monitor: Beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Me. I'm sorry, ma'am, but he's dead. We are very sorry for your loss.
NUUU
BAD KURO! DON'T JOKE ABOUT THAT!
I know oaky irl so I'm worried enough as it is. XP poor little tree.
Idk what it could be... If it was food poisoning it'd probably be over by now (probably)
If he was dehydrated they'd know.
X rays would reveal kidney stones and gall stones, I think.
It's not appendicitis.
I'm not sure 3: there is nothing that I know about that could explain this, and that makes me even more nervous.
@ Oaky Get well soon man!

@ Kuro Uh...
SOMEWHAT dark...
@Lucy: I'm sorry, I just had to. XD I wish I knew you guys irl. Q.Q

@Zero: I'm just being me. XD :3 Also, every time I type your name, I look at my Zero form Vampire Knight plushie. XD
Oh, forum sistah. *random power huggle*
That would be awesome, no? *sighz*
Yes, yes it would be! Even if I am in the grade above you two and older too.
JUST BY A YEAR! 1!!
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
NUUU
Idk what it could be... If it was food poisoning it'd probably be over by now (probably)
It's not appendicitis.
I'm not sure 3: there is nothing that I know about that could explain this, and that makes me even more nervous.

Food poisoning generally lasts less than a day.

Dehydration shows up as several other signs before it gets to severe stomach pains, which is rare (and generally, more to do with starvation than dehydration.)

No, your run of the mill gallstones and such do not show up in X-Rays. They are not made of calcium but hardened cholesterol, which doesn't register on that type of imaging device. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 19. The only way they were able to detect them was through an ultrasound. I went through an entire 3 days with pain apparently on par with labor... It was a blast. :|

Appendicitis has dead give away symptoms that doctors can spot a mile away, it's called a 'red flag' medical issue because the symptoms are often always the same and consistent.

It could be a dozen other things. However, I'm sure his doctors will figure it out.
Highjinx wrote:
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
NUUU
It's not appendicitis.

Dehydration shows up as several other signs before it gets to severe stomach pains, which is rare (and generally, more to do with starvation than dehydration.)

No, your run of the mill gallstones and such do not show up in X-Rays. They are not made of calcium but hardened cholesterol, which doesn't register on that type of imaging device. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 19. The only way they were able to detect them was through an ultrasound. I went through an entire 3 days with pain apparently on par with labor... It was a blast. :|

Appendicitis has dead give away symptoms that doctors can spot a mile away, it's called a 'red flag' medical issue because the symptoms are often always the same and consistent.

It could be a dozen other things. However, I'm sure his doctors will figure it out.
Yeah, my dad had gall stones once, but since I was like 6 at the time I don't remember anything.
You're very reassuring, jinx.
I just hope oaky tells us when he's better (CUZ HE WILL BE BETTER! HE ALWAYS IS!)
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
Highjinx wrote:
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
NUUU
It's not appendicitis.

Yeah, my dad had gall stones once, but since I was like 6 at the time I don't remember anything.
You're very reassuring, jinx.
I just hope oaky tells us when he's better (CUZ HE WILL BE BETTER! HE ALWAYS IS!)

I'm old, I know these things XD lol

I'm sure he'll be just fine. We live in a pretty awesome time of medicine and science and smart people and stuff.
@Lucy: Still older than you two. XD I have too many younger friends. Most of my guy friends are at least a year younger than me and almost all of them are a FOOT taller. *goes to emo corner* Curse you short genes! Q_Q
@jinx: lol. STUFF!
@kuro: same here O.o' one of my friends is a year younger than me and he's already like 6 feet tall. I have to take a flying leap if I want to flip his hood over his head xD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Short Break

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus