Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Writing Styles Survey

Inspired by Winter’s last survey (fun!), I propose the following Writing Styles Survey.
I promise you, it will not be that long. Thank you for taking part!

Questions

1. Do you feel most satisfied and/or inspired by paragraph-style or shorter-length posts? Do you tend to match the length and the frequency of posts?
2. Do you have genres that you enjoy most and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer? Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?
3. Have you been ghosted since the start of the year?
4. Do you mind or prefer writing with anonymous characters?
5. Do you have more than 10 characters?
6. Do you like to plot OOC or improvise and surprise your partner with each post?
7. Which do you enjoy writing in most, Forums, groups or PMs?
8. Is writing more of a hobby or a passion or something else?
9. How would you describe your writing style?

My Answers

1. Do you feel most satisfied and/or inspired by paragraph-style or shorter-length posts? Do you tend to match the length and the frequency of posts?
I tend to write paragraph-style, with the length depending on the frequency of the posts. I found that for a fast-paced real-time roleplay, 1-2 paragraphs may work really well, but if the posts are less frequent (anywhere from a day to a week or more), 3-4 paragraphs are more enjoyable.

2. Do you have genres that you like best and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer? Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?
I mostly enjoy fantasy, but I am open to other genres as well.

Not really. However, this may be due to my restricting PM roleplays.

I don’t mind, and for some stories I actually prefer anonymous characters. However, I don’t like imbalance (aka public writing with anon.) and I would most likely fess up as to who I am once the thread progresses.

Yup.

6. Do you like to plot OOC or improvise and surprise your partner with each post?
I like to plot. I feel there is a much better chance of each writer achieving their goals for character development and even general enjoyment, since plotting OOC is great fun!

I have found Group-based roleplay to be the absolute best, both in terms of character development and because I am a lore nut. Check my profile and you shall see.

I would say more of a passion. I have discovered roleplay only recently (since last year – yes, I know, I have been deprived) and since then I have had so much fun and improved my writing enormously! It helps that I got lucky and ended up in an amazing group, but even for PMs, it’s awesome.

Hmm. That’s difficult, since I am so new. I guess I’m a bit dry, and I tend to be graphic but not overly descriptive. I enjoy writing out thought processes, debates and ideas and do not enjoy action-based roleplays without a psychological / character development component. I am still learning and growing, and my goal is to try to adapt the writing style to my character. A few writers on RPR do that really well, and it has been an inspiration.
This is a great idea! :)

My Answers.

I prefer multi-paragraph posts, average 4-6 but anything that's at least 2 paragraphs I'm generally happy with. I don't usually attempt to match length but it happens sometimes just because I tend to RP with people who have the same post-length average.

I do tend to match frequency of posts, or at least try to. If I am really excited about an RP and have muse for it that day if the other person is posting every 20 minutes, then I probably am too if it's at a time of day I am able.

2. Do you have genres that you enjoy most and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer? Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?

I tend to write modern-romance the most with tons of drama and conflict, it's my favorite! I definitely prefer RPs that start with lots of drama and angst and have it scattered throughout but then as it goes on and the characters development things get happier, easier, with the conflict a bit more spread out.

Yurp. It happens. I've learned to just breathe and move on.

At this point I don't mind it but I don't really prefer it. I feel more comfortable RPing with non-anon characters. If I have multiple people interested in something and one is anon and the other isn't but I like both their ideas and characters, I'll usually chose the non-anon character; but if I like the non-anon character better and the ideas of that player better, I'll give it a shot.

*laughs maniacally.* Oh boyyy. Yes. On RPR I have... 41 characters, but I have another ten or so off of RPR that I don't have enough slots for.

A healthy mixture of both. I love plotting OOC and talking about ideas, bringing up day dreams about possible scenes; but not planning them out entirely. Letting the characters get there whether it's 10 posts or 100 posts after the idea sprung. Sometimes the character ends up reacting in a way that makes that idea no longer possible, or only possible at a much later point. So plotting with improvision and letting the characters lead.

PM's for sure. I find organizing them much easier.

Both! I RP as a hobby and outlet for my creativity and emotion; but I'm also an author and write novels because it's my passion and chosen career.

I'd say...as humbly as possible - my writing is creative, descriptive, engaging, though slightly lacking I think. Not the best, but also not the worst. Pretty good. :)

Weeeee
Paragraph style. I don't do well with short posts; I like as much detail as possible.
I try to match length, but only as much as I have to, y'know? I won't force myself to write a mini novella if my partners do the same, but if I have the inspiration and ability to write a matching length post, I will.

Fantasy. I mean, other stuff is fun to write for to, but I was raised on WoW, so fantasy is kinda ingrained into my art style, writing or visual. Honestly though, I haven't had much of an option to write anything outside of fantasy or modern, but still, fantasy is my preference.

Quite a few times, unfortunately. And while it sucks, cause some of these RPs I was excited for, I don't lose sleep over it or anything.

Meh. I mean, I'd prefer to have a profile that tells me how a person writes, but otherwise I don't much mind.

-laughs and points at my list of characters on my page-
Yes.
This is like a quarter of my characters anyway lol

Um... mix of both? Mostly the latter, but with the partners I'm closest to, I'm willing to talk more in depth about stuff and plan things out.

PMs. I used to write in forums, but they don't fit me or my characters and how angsty they are and how often we swear lol. Plus, I'm shy and anxiety ridden, and PMs give me a safe space where I don't have to fear being judged by anyone other than the partner I'm writing with.

Hobby. I mean... passion too? But hobby mostly. I'm not doing anything ~serious~ with it, I'm not writing a novel or anything, if that's what ya mean.

Um... Multi paragraph with a focus on character movement / mannerisms and environments over actual dialogue.
Claine Moderator

Answers :>

My posts tend to be mutipara, but can be as short as a single paragraph especially in situations where our characters are just sitting around chatting. I don't really match in length, and my posts often run longer than my partner's, but as long as I get a para or more in response I don't mind this. My frequency in posting depends on a lot of things. At the moment I've got a good, manageable number of RPs (2. Hah) all of which I thoroughly enjoy, so I usually post daily, or multiple times a day. On the other hand, if I'm busy or just not feeling it, you may be waiting a week+ and that's just tough luck.

At the moment I'm loving Modern-Fantasy and Science Fiction. Outside the D&D universe I've actually waned a little on medieval style fantasy settings.

Nope, but as I mentioned, I'm only in two RPs, both of which have been active for a year or more and with friends I've known a long time OOCly :)

I will write with anonymous characters, but I prefer characters that I know the player behind.

Technically yes, but only 4 are active.

A little of column A, a little of column B. In play by post, I do prefer to know in which direction the story is going. We have a goal to get to and I want discussion and agreement on the general path to get there. But I'm also 100% on board with throwing in interesting curve-balls.
I also do RPs with dice-roll mechanics, and that is a lot more on the fly. A lot of what you're doing in reactionary to the DM's actions. The RP in general is quicker paced, and evrybody just takes things as they come.

PMs/Groups so I can swear haha.

Just a hobby :)

I find I struggle with descriptive writing, and my posts can get a little dialogue heavy. But I'm always improving :)
The Secrets Revealed

I prefer paragraph style replies. For the most part I tend to give 2 paragraphs or more when it comes to my replies. It gives me plenty to work with, as well as my partner, and gets my mind a whirling with ideas. While there are times when I may do shorter replies if they are needed I always feel like they are somewhat lacking.

I tend to lean more towards matching length or effort since I can almost never match posting frequency. Some people are quick with replies and most of the time that is not my style. I tend to have only so much time to work through my replies and many replies to get through. I try my best but I can rarely get to the point where I am not owing one reply or another.

I really enjoy fantasy/action/adventure and D&D style stories. I still enjoy historical RPs which I have done since the beginning of my RP career. I guess you call me a multi-genre author since I dabble in most of the genres with people.

I don't believe so but some of the people I roleplay with can take a long time to get back to me. I have been ghosted in the past and it sucks but I am not sure if I have been ghosted this year or not.

I don't mind writing with anon characters. I have a few anon characters myself. The only thing I won't write with an anon character is smut since I have no way of confirming if they are above the legal age or not. If I know the person behind the anon I will write anything with them.

Yes, I believe I do. I don't really keep track of how many I have. Just try and keep track of how many slots I have left for characters.

I like to plot before we begin. That gives me a decent idea on how the story will proceed in the beginning. As for during, I do like some plotting to figure out major events we want to cover but the rest we can improvise.

While a majority of my replies are done through PMs, which I do enjoy, I find myself enjoying group replies more and more. Working together, with many people, can be quite rewarding and I love seeing what comes about with more than mind working together.

Hobby. While I am rather passionate about writing this has become more of a hobby that I use to relax and connect with people.

Multi-paragraph while being a little on the slower side. I try to use as much description as I feel is necessary but have been told in the past that I can use too much at times. I always strive to put forth my best effort with each post which is reflected in writing style.
Rogue-Scribe

Yeah, sure, youbetcha
Answering the 2nd part first. I try and give a comparable word count in my replies and try and be consistent with replies. I am satisfied with both longer and shorter styles of RP. I tend to answer the shorter ones more often as I can get away with tapping out something on my phone. For the longer replies, I need to sit at one of my computers and have some uninterrupted time to write, which can happen erratically.

I tended to be mostly a Middle Earth RP guy before coming to RPR. Being that Middle Earth is for the most part passé, my RP became mostly novella posts with a couple other diehard writers. Now, I have been doing more 20th century historical and modern day life. In that I mix in some erotic arcs, which was something that used to get me in trouble with the puritanical Tolkien crowd on many a site back in the first decade of this century.

Yeah. I will file the RP away and a few have sprung to life again after a few months.

No, I don't mind. I don't really have a preference either way.

Yes.

I like to improvise within a roughly planned guideline set at the beginning, then have occasional OOC talks about the course the RP is taking. I don't do well with overly scripted RPs, nor do I care to chat OOC more about the RP than what is actually being posted IC.

I gave up on groups years ago as it seemed they became 'post by committee' affairs. I pulled out of mt last one a decade ago when I was repeatedly asked to edit my post to accommodate some other writer's idea of where the story was to go. Back in my early days of online RP, they all were groups and the stories built with one writer taking what was posted and forming their post from it. That seemed to get lost in the latter half of the first decade of this century. That said, I did hit a jackpot with some random writers in 2014-15 and we wrote a beautiful RP based in Middle Earth. We were going to do a sequel, but life happened to everyone.. I do like public forum writing but it seems not to be too popular for 1x1 here. I did have a couple good Middle Earth public 1x1 threads going here, but they both seemed to have been abandoned, or at best have gone dormant for a time. PM on this site works quite well for RP, but I don't do well despite trying on discord.

For me, it's a hobby. I like writing stories, and I like writing with various other writers. I use my RPs to 'character-build'and will use the stories in their histories.

Chaotic? Seriously, I try and write in the style of various authors I've read. Tolkien of course, and Glen Cook. I like to contain a fair amount of description and events along with the character dialogue. It sh*ts me to tears when I'm writing with someone and it becomes obvious they had not read, or only skimmed over the dialogue of my post when they write theirs. When I say it's a clear night with a full moon and they come back writing that it's noon on a rainy day, t takes some of the wind of desire to keep writing out of me. I try and be tolerant of it if the story is good, and I edit it for clarity when I archive the story.
Hades_

I will always answer survey's for Dorian.

When it comes to length I like to focus more on what is necessary for my post to come through as I want it, and what will get the response I'm aiming for from my partner. I don't like short-short posts, as the shortest I will do or really tolerate is a paragraph. I get really turned off and uninspired and uninterested when I get a super short nearly one-line response back. I much prefer things that can really shove a story forward. I don't want to control the entire story, I want to share it. Sometimes I can take pretty goo control, but I like relinquishing that control too. I feel like I'm the one doing everything if I get super short posts from someone, and I feel like I'm not giving enough to my partner if I don't give more than my full effort in a reply, and to me, less than a paragraph is not my full effort.

I tend to focus toward romance(I do not associate romance stories with smut/erotic stories) because I love the emotional settings around that. I like tumultuous, fluffy, angst, and a heavy handed dash of chase for my characters. I do this over and over, not because I want to specifically repeat anything, but I have not once in several years had a written set of characters succeed in a setting because I either left the story or my partner vanished/bailed/lost interest. I often start the same setting with multiple people because of this fact as well, but I try to change things up within each one so that I'm not writing the same things exactly over and over.

Yep! I believe I've been ghosted now twice? I'm still giving one a chance to get back to me, but time can only tell.

I don't particularly mind, but I try to avoid this as much as possible. I don't trust anonymous profiles unless they can post in the LFRP-AO section and prove they are 18+. If they're willing and capable of doing that for me, then I can give it a better chance. Even then, I still feel odd about people not wanting to associate at all with their own characters. It is not for me, I don't understand it, but to each their own preferences.

Yep! I have every intention of adding more too. I think I'm currently at 17? 18? Somewhere around there, but that's only characters I have publicly added. I have soooooo many characters to actually build profiles for, lol

I prefer to have SOME plotting take place, because full on winging it has caused a lot of my stories to simply fall apart over time. I do sometimes get carried away with plotting, so I try and use it like one uses salt. Dash it over the course of things, don't smother it!

You know? I don't have a specific preference aside from groups and pms now. I used to hate public writing because I feel so insecure about my own abilities as a writer. I still feel VERY insecure about my writing, but I feel I've gained a little bit of confidence while writing in groups.

8. Is writing more of a hobby or a passion or something else? Writing is an escape, a hobby, and something I consider to be my day to day joy. It's how I hang out with friends, invest my creativeness, use a skill I have, and pass the time. I love it, so I personally feel it as a bit of a passion, but it is not a passion I would want to earn money for doing.

Fixated on character development through emotional space, faintly dashed with action, and glittered with a good deal of dialogue. I love writing how my characters feel and react to a situation, and I'm trying to better my hand at body language as much as I know I'm good at describing the feeling of an emotion. I want my characters to be felt by the other writer as much as they feel their own.
I love dialogue heavy scenes, but I try and remind myself that it isn't the only way for characters to communicate.
I'd say that my personal style can be a tad purple as well, but I try to make it more soft poetic than unnecessarily purple.
DorianM Topic Starter

Mercyinreach wrote:
I'm also an author and write novels because it's my passion and chosen career.

That's awesome; I found that there are many writers on RPR, which is quite inspiring! Thank you for taking part in the survey!
DorianM Topic Starter

DarkCrow wrote:
PMs give me a safe space where I don't have to fear being judged by anyone other than the partner I'm writing with.

That, so much that! I am able to write more freely in PMs myself, and try different styles, but sometimes it's also great fun to see reactions and get feedback as part of a group, especially with long-term partners. Thank you for answering!
DorianM Topic Starter

Claine wrote:
At the moment I'm loving Modern-Fantasy and Science Fiction.

See, Science Fiction is a genre I absolutely love reading, but haven't tried yet, mostly since I feel it requires so much more work, to keep it realistic. Thank you so much for answering!
DorianM Topic Starter

Krispythekritter wrote:
I guess you call me a multi-genre author since I dabble in most of the genres with people.

I prefer to call you the Amazing Krispy, thank you so much for answering, and for being such a great writing partner! <3
DorianM Topic Starter

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
I don't do well with overly scripted RPs, nor do I care to chat OOC more about the RP than what is actually being posted IC. (...) I use my RPs to 'character-build'and will use the stories in their histories.

Totally agree on both counts, as for the second one, this is one of the reasons I love group RP so much, it allows me to build up my characters. The continuity between several threads and writing partners can be amazing! Thank you for answering!
DorianM Topic Starter

Hadeslicious wrote:
I don't want to control the entire story, I want to share it. (...) I still feel VERY insecure about my writing, but I feel I've gained a little bit of confidence while writing in groups. (...) I know I'm good at describing the feeling of an emotion. I want my characters to be felt by the other writer as much as they feel their own.

So much that! One of the reasons I love roleplay is the co-creating aspect of it! and your writing is amazing, and I greatly enjoy reading your threads, especially the feels! <3 Thank you for taking part!
Some rambling answers contained within.

I generally prefer at least one paragraph, but novella style intimidates me. I may be writing (the first draft of) a book, but there's a big difference between writing prose and RPing, and in RP I struggle to produce more than three paragraphs unless I'm really inspired. I generally don't length match for that reason, though out of courtesy I'm open to attempting to match frequency if my partner wants me to (and if my roller coaster of a life permits me).

I will say also that I'm in a long-term script-style RP with my fiancée that I very much enjoy, but with strangers script-style is less enjoyable for me because I've found that people often think that script doesn't require as much effort or writing quality. That isn't true for a good script RP.

I'm partial to fantasy and sci-fi. Modern RP with no fantastical elements bores me, especially if there's no overarching plot. I'm also not a fan of post-apocalyptic survival RP. Give me fictional races/species, give me magic or advanced technology, give me worldbuilding that is distinct from real life! I'm particularly fond of science-fantasy, which blends the two genres together, but that's a bit hard to find RP for.

Yep. Multiple times. Luckily, most of those times happened before RP actually began. Once, though, the person set up a group and hinted at lore and a plot and everything and then disappeared, leaving the rest of us with no idea how to start.

I don't really care if a character is anonymous or not, though sometimes I do get curious as to why the person made the character anonymous. I never pry, though.

In my head? Absolutely. On RPR? No, though I'm coming up against the free character limit fast.

I like both, depending on the situation. With some RPs I like OOC plotting, especially if my partner and I have clicked and we both have ideas of what we want to do. Conversely, if it's an RP where I can't find a direction to go in, I also prefer to plot OOC just so I have something to work with. With other RPs, I know where I want to go and I feel confident enough that it won't trample on my partner's toes, so I just go for it and see where I end up.

I don't really have a preference. I will say that groups are nice because, if it's a good group, there will be a repository of information relevant to the RP (lore, rules, a plot guideline, etc.). PMs and forums don't have that luxury, but it's not necessary for every RP to have. Plus, sometimes an RP is nice to let everyone enjoy the fun you're having, and sometimes it doesn't need to be shared with the public.

Writing is somewhere between a hobby and a passion for me. I would say passion, but I get writer's block so often that I don't do nearly as much of it as I feel I should. My book languishes in the digital cloud untouched for far too long between my bursts of productivity. RP comes a bit easier to me, because I'm not the only one involved in the writing process (and, ironically, because there's a window of time where I'm expected to reply that acts as a deadline, whereas my book is so early on that it has no deadline...yet).

I tend to write long sentences, but I get to the point and then wonder how to fill out the rest of the paragraphs I need to get a good length because I've done it too quickly. I over-think things while writing, but introspection doesn't really come naturally to me; too often my attempts at it feel, at least to me, like needless navel-gazing rather than something believable and useful to the narrative. I worry that I use dialogue too much, to the detriment of everything else. I'm not very good at setting the scene or writing starters, but I can take what someone else has laid out and go with it. Sometimes I fear I'm too purple and sometimes I feel I'm not purple enough, especially depending on who I'm writing with. Also, I sometimes have a hard time finding the line between showing and telling.

I'm very insecure and anxious both as a person and as a writer, as you could probably tell, so perhaps the flaws in my writing jump out at me more than the good qualities. I'm always improving, at least, and I take solace in that.

I describe myself as an adjustable-length writer mainly because when people hear paragraphs or multi-para they can think it means anywhere between two paragraphs and a full-on essay. It's really ambiguous and a little frustrating. I do two to three paragraphs normally, sometimes up to four or even five if I'm really in the zone and the situation gives me a lot to work with. Also, I hate the way the word "literate" is used in RP communities to mean "writes novellas" as opposed to "has a fundamental grasp on the language, enough to read and write fluently," and how "illiterate" is used to describe anyone who doesn't meet the novella standard. It's really elitist and degrading.
DorianM Topic Starter

Malachite wrote:
Sometimes I fear I'm too purple and sometimes I feel I'm not purple enough (...) I'm always improving, at least, and I take solace in that. (...) I hate the way the word "literate" is used in RP communities to mean "writes novellas" as opposed to "has a fundamental grasp on the language, enough to read and write fluently," and how "illiterate" is used to describe anyone who doesn't meet the novella standard.

Mal, thank you for answering! I love the way your style matches your character's personality, and your posts are very nicely written, and I'd say not to worry about the shade of purple. <3

As to the second point, I noticed that and frankly it doesn't make sense to me, since the way the term is used is so far off from its usual meaning. I also noticed some people say semi-literate.
i'm dissatisfied with my phrasing but here you go
I usually like to write a 4-9 sentence paragraph if I do a one paragraph or about 150-400 words. I do, however, more often write several posts, and I always try to match my partner's length unless they're writing a little too little for whatever we agreed on beforehand. 2-4 paragraphs is what I'm most comfortable. Replies that are 800+ words take a lot of effort and I feel like it's a little weird when you have to have two conversations going on at the same time just to fill the space. Not attractive to me.

(: Yes. I really like the historical genre and urban fantasy. I would love to say that I like fantasy, but it's just really not my favorite. I'm still up for it, though, I just think that sometimes it can get a little repetitive and uncreative with the type of fantasy. I love truly unique universes, though!

Yeah. I would shout them out, but I feel like that's a little too rude.
shh, though... -->Oo, you thought I would! but I didn't!!

No, not at all! Sometimes I wish I did know the person behind them, especially if they're great writers/cool people!

Heh... Maybe... I only have twelve here, even though I should get rid of a couple, but I love creating characters, so I have a lot that aren't up or fully fleshed out or just used for one thing and will probably never be used again. (s/o Aleli, Sila, Everett, Guillaume, and Cliff.)

Both! I like to plan out a vague outline/prompt for a story, but then I like to just go for it and not plot anything else out. I tend to get bored with an RP if it takes too long to get to the good parts or if I already know what's going to happen; I like to surprise myself too. ^_^

I like all, honestly. PMs seems to be the most popular amongst others, so that's what I do most often, but forums are good too. Oh, and idk if "groups" means like in a group of people or in a group like a club, but I like both. Group RPs can be really fun, they're just hard to organize and keep going, which is kinda sad.

Hobby and passion. Writing like RP is a hobby, but I like to write plays; that's my writing passion.

I like to use a medium complexity of language, nothing that makes it difficult to read, but not too simple. I try to be witty, and I love to throw in little quips 'n' stuff like that. Just little phrases that talk to the reader without talking directly to them. I guess, thinking about it, I like to write as if I'm talking. I find it easier and more natural to read. Same thing goes with my scripts. I cannot stand when I see super unrealistic lines in shows. (Obviously style and time period apply to different pieces, but when I hear something a teenager would never say, I scream.)
my answers

I feel most inspired by paragraph-style replies because if I struggle to come up with anything for my own reply, I have more details to look into and I can use those to take the plot further

I love romance and how deeply the characters can get to know each other and how much we can write about them :’)

Yes; it happens and I try not to dwell on it, but unfortunately, it’s easier said than done

I don’t mind writing with anonymous characters as long as I know who the player is but there is a certain comfort in seeing ‘*characters name* (played by *player*)

No, I’m not very good at coming up with new characters, hahah

If my partner is cool with it, I sometimes throw in a little something something here and there to surprise them a bit but I really love plotting and talking about ideas for the future of the roleplay ^_^

PMs - I find that it’s much easier to remember to write replies

Hmm, I would say it’s a hobby that I’m passionate about; I really enjoy writing but I’m not creative enough to come up with somebody to write by myself

I’m not sure if I understand this correctly, but my writing style is detailed and written in paragraphs!
psionicburst

My Comments & Musings

Usually, I like to give off paragraphs when I'm RP-ing, but sometimes if the plot demands it, I'll switch to shorter so that quick action and plot could flow better without giving too much details on what comes next.

Urban Fantasy has quickly become my favorite genre, aside from sci-fi, of which I also have a soft spot for.

Since the start of this year, I don't believe I have. When I first started however, I learned that apparently, people really don't like the way I RP, so I left it all and created my own group. It's just like they say, if you want to do something good, you'll do it yourself.

I'd prefer writing with non-anons, due to the fact that anons don't give me any gauge of the user behind them and it feels, in a way, impersonal.

My characters on here are a mess. On my PC, I have around 150 of them, all with extensive backstories.

Every so often, I do discuss with players in OOC, but most of the time, they are super good at improvising through impossible odds. So good, one time, I went on a month hiatus to reconfigure the entire plot. Nowadays, I don't plan too much and I'm really just here for the ride.

I've got a group and it's the only way I'm used to RP'ing.

I do write a lot of lore on my wiki, and I have novel drafts in my documents somewhere. I guess you could call that a passionate hobby of sorts.

Detailed and surrealistic at random times.

Oooooh, fun!

answers are within heeeeeree

Yep! I loooove paragraphs, however, shorter paras are ok depending on the situation. Very few times I have been ok with just a few sentences! I feel bad when I can't match the lengths, but everyone on here is so sweet, and they don't mind if I write 3 paras compared to their 4 para reply.

Fantasy, let's GO! Because my twins are fantasy charas, I stray there. Medieval/historical fantasy is fun too, and so is just modern RP. Sci fi is a no go, bc...well, I suck, haha.

lmao yeah like by 5 ppl, minimum.

Not at all! But I prefer to know who the chara belongs to, bc if they ghost, sometimes the person who owns the chara puts up a post saying they're on hiatus or something. I kinda get upset when I get ghosted by an anon bc I don't know anything about them;;;;

even if I count the ones I haven't put up here, no. I've had my twins for nearly a decade, maybe even more. They all are very intensely developed, making charas on the fly is suuuper hard for me.

To anyone who knows me, both! We usually flesh something out, and bc I love making my children suffer, usually i'll
be like 'be careful in the next post' as a warning. Of course, I always discuss the limits before hand, so nothing too bad!!! but surprises are fun.

PMs. Forums bug me bc it fills up my feed, groups often die too quickly and are chaotic if not on a tight leash.

Hobby! I have lots of hobbies! baking, sewing, drawing, resin crafts, cosplaying, cooking, you name it! I like to really broaden my horizons so i have a super big skill set.

A mix between refined and pretty comedic, aha. Sometimes I add dumb stuff in the exact way I would say it, other times it's like describing the phases of the moon over a delicate japanese garden. depends on who i'm rping with, really.

DorianM Topic Starter

tisonlychaos wrote:
I like to write plays; that's my writing passion.

Thank you Mel! That's so cool, btw! Have you ever considered writing a play script for other characters? :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Writing Styles Survey

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus