Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Writing Styles Survey

DorianM Topic Starter

Sunflower wrote:
I feel most inspired by paragraph-style replies because if I struggle to come up with anything for my own reply, I have more details to look into and I can use those to take the plot further. (...) Hmm, I would say it’s a hobby that I’m passionate about; I really enjoy writing but I’m not creative enough to come up with somebody to write by myself.

Thank you for answering this! This is really how it's supposed to work, since roleplay is a co-creation venture and not really a mere dialogue; each partner needs to build and further the story. As to the last, sometimes we only need a little spark to make our inner creativity bloom, and roleplay can give that! :)
DorianM Topic Starter

psionicburst wrote:
I've got a group and it's the only way I'm used to RP'ing.

I can certainly understand that, especially since it also allows you to build your story further and create lore! When I initially started RP-ing, I quickly discovered that I wanted more than little scenes, and I started my own group, so I know that it takes a lot of work and effort. Kudos to you, and thanks for answering! :)
DorianM Topic Starter

Kamui wrote:
A mix between refined and pretty comedic.

That sounds very interesting. :) Thanks for answering!
RimCaster

Answers

1. Do you feel most satisfied and/or inspired by paragraph-style or shorter-length posts? Do you tend to match the length and the frequency of posts?

I prefer paragraph style responses, however they often end up in 1-3 paragraph and 2 times longer starters, As for second question I try the best to match my partner, although I know in some cases it's impossible.

2. Do you have genres that you enjoy most and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer? Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?

I'm rather multi-genre writer, although right now fantasy is main focus due to my group project. which sub-genre of fantasy do I enjoy? I would say medieval fantasy.

3. Have you been ghosted since the start of the year?

Yeah although, it's not big deal, it just happens.

4. Do you mind or prefer writing with anonymous characters?

So far I only role play with people I know aka non-anons. I may lose a bit on other skilled writers but I prefer to know with who I'm writing or rather I'm not trusting of anons , due to potential abuse.

5. Do you have more than 10 characters?

In characters slot? no, Overall? Yes, although they aren't developed yet(20+)

6. Do you like to plot OOC or improvise and surprise your partner with each post?

I plot central points of rp, otherwise improvising at every post.

7. Which do you enjoy writing in most, Forums, groups or PMs?

So far the one I enjoy the most is group and pm's roleplay. group because I'm working on one fantasy group and pms because they introduced me here to role play.

8. Is writing more of a hobby or a passion or something else?

Depends for person, for me it's way to relive stress and worries also the way to express myself to others.
A bit hobby, a bit passion.

9. How would you describe your writing style?

Hmm... My writing style, I don't have specific one or well I'm working on it but I think it would end up as free-style.

DorianM wrote:
tisonlychaos wrote:
I like to write plays; that's my writing passion.

Thank you Mel! That's so cool, btw! Have you ever considered writing a play script for other characters? :)

I have! I thought about writing one for Lenore, but given her universe and just her character and what she is, it's not exactly the easiest to translate to the stage. I really just write characters with the intent on being in a play or for RP, nothing that really moves over that line, but I think I wouldn't mind writing Esther as a play character. She just wouldn't be the protagonist. Ettie could work as a screenplay, though...

Hm, I guess I just think about the whole production of a play when I write one and most fantasy scenarios are not the easiest to pull off, set and costume wise. (Not to mention choreography if there's any fighting.) But even just like with a witchy character, the story would have to do something with their magic, otherwise, it would seem like it was just something thrown in there.

TL;DR: Ettie and Esther could work, and I don't write fantasy plays because it's complex.
1. Do you feel most satisfied and/or inspired by paragraph-style or shorter-length posts? Do you tend to match the length and the frequency of posts?

I can't do anything but paragraph style. Even if I tried to, I couldn't. And I enjoy it more. When I've tried to write with people who write one-liners, it just doesn't work out.

2. Do you have genres that you enjoy most and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer? Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?

I tend to write in the same genres, mainly romance, hurt/comfort when I can find that, and occasionally just modern friendship-based type stories. There are often elements of fantasy and a historical setting, or they are modern with no fantasy elements. I seem to be drawn to other characters with angst, usually female characters, but not always.

Erm...yes, I think so. It's hard to remember the timeline.

I've tried writing with an anonymous character once, and I didn't like. I can see the advantages, but I didn't like it. I want to be known. I like ooc chats with the people I'm roleplaying with.

Yes.

6. Do you like to plot OOC or improvise and surprise your partner with each post?

Mostly improvise, but some things plan OOC.

PMs.

It's a hobby and it was more of a passion before I started feeling kind of burned out from too many RPs.

Descriptive and long and emotional and in-depth.
Hmmm...

Qs and As

I adore multi-paragraph Rpers, particularly those who give me at least two decently-sized paragraphs. However, (with the exception of the starter) I habitually match the length of the other person's RP unless the story deems it otherwise.

2. Do you have genres that you enjoy most and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer?

I like to think that I love many different kinda of genres, and I don't mind RPing most genres, but I have a tendency to flock back to anything fantasy, medieval, dystopian, or modern-nonmagic. Romance is a bonus but not required.

3. Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?

See above question

4. Have you been ghosted since the start of the year?

Unfortunately, I have so many RPs, so yes, I get ghosted on a regular basis ;-; probably 10+ times this year alone. However, I like to think I am fairly good at informing people when I am not having a good time or when I am no longer interested in an RP.

5. Do you mind or prefer writing with anonymous characters?

I think it would really depend on the character and the setting.

6. Do you have more than 10 characters?

Abso-freakin-lutely. I never run out of characters; I have many more that are not listed on my RPR and can always whip up another in a flash if so needed.

7. Do you like to plot OOC or improvise and surprise your partner with each post?

I like to do a mix of both...I lean towards planning larger story events ooc while keeping smaller events like dialogue as a surprise.

8. Which do you enjoy writing in most, Forums, groups or PMs?

I admit, considering all factors I've encountered, I prefer Rping 1x1 with someone regardless if that's in a forum or PM.

9. Is writing more of a hobby or a passion or something else?

Writing is an absolute passion. While it's hardly more than a hobby as of right now, sometimes I have the idyllic dream that it's more than that. *sighs*

10. How would you describe your writing style?

I like to think I am an emotional writer who likes to allow the reader to have the full experience of a character or a setting. This often means that starters or posts will open up with something that appeals to the senses, as if I am describing a movie or tv show as it plays. This also means that there are times when grammar suffers because I am really big about being intentional about syntax and flow. Sometimes I will leave dependent clauses standing alone to create the effect of an afterthought. Other times I will abuse commas for the sake of creating staccato or urgency.

To be more succinct, (when I'm really into what I'm writing) I am an emotional writer who cares a lot about flow as well as the natural order of the senses.
My answers

It really depends on how often we write. If it is rapid, several posts a week, then shorter is fine. However, if it is once a week or whatever, then longer is best. It's difficult to get into an RP when it's a one liner being written once a week.

Modern
Fantasy (A few RP's that I've been talked into and they are wonderful!)
I've done one Sci-Fi and wasn't really good at it :(

Unfortunately, yes. Which sucks. I always like the closure of someone saying, 'hey, I've lost interest, have a good day.' But not everyone does that.

I like to know who I am writing with, because I like visiting their profiles on occasion to check on them. And most of the time, people put their trigger warnings there, in case I forget. Though, I do make exceptions.

Yes.

I like to sporadically plot. Generally having a good idea of where you want to go and then riding the waves getting there. I do love surprises.

PM's.

Depending on the RP, it becomes my obsession for a while, but mostly it's a hobby.

50-50. Partly delicate, flowery.
Like dancing through the meadows on a sunny day, wind in your hair. Mostly, hot garbage.
See Jane. See Jane run. See Jane run with Jack.
RainbowPitch

Writing about Writing

I looove paragraph-length writing. It's what I write in, and it's my standard for my partners (at least one paragraph. I can match how many or how few paragraphs, but I enjoy and expect at least one (with no upper cap uwu)). I have a subconscious habit of matching what I get. If I'm given one paragraph I usually respond with one paragraph, because I work off of what I'm given. Like something switches in my brain and cuts off some of my creativity lmao. Like 'oop. They have one paragraph. You just finished one. No more ideas for you.'

I almost always write in medieval (typically European) fantasy. I'm fascinated (and perhaps obsessed) with medieval life and how they lived back then. If I could take modern medicine with me, I'd definitely live that kind of lifestyle. I do sometimes play other genres, but medieval fantasy will always and forever be my favorite and most versed.

Yes! By like... three roleplayers lmao. I currently do not have any active roleplays because they all disappeared.

I don't see the point in anonymous characters. I guess I wouldn't not play with them, but I like to know who I'm writing with.

In my mind? On paper? Abso-friggin-lutely, I probably have well over a thousand (I had one roleplay where my partner and I both had over 100 characters). On RPR? Definitely not. I try to make characters that seem like ones people would like to play with, for the most part. I have a couple that are just worldbuilding reference for me.

I do a bit of both. I usually start my roleplays with a vague conflict and setting, then detail in-game from there. I like suprises and I don't mind them, but if my partner wants to plan more, I will comply.

PMs, certainly. I have bad experience with forum roleplays. Too many people, too much chaos. It's hard to follow. People get excluded, some answer more than others, some people fall out and stop playing, it's just too disorganized.

Passion and hopefully I'll be able to make it a profession some day. Not my main career, but I'll be damned if I don't publish my books.

Flowery, lengthy, detail-oriented. I use mixed sentences and words that may be above common knowledge, but ones that I enjoy using. My style mainly consists of descriptive writing. I like to paint pictures with my words in order to build up natural tone and feelings in the reader rather than simply write 'it was scary.'
Answers

Paragraph style, preferably two or three. I try to match length, but it’s not always possible. Quality > quantity! It can be overwhelming to respond to a post that’s too long.

I’m a multi-genre writer that gravitates towards adventure, fantasy, and horror.

I don’t think so. More often than not, I’m the unreliable one. OTL;;

I don’t mind for short term roleplay, but for longer plots I think it’s better to get to know the writer as well!

Yes, absolutely LOL. Dozens.

I’ll spitball ideas OOC to test the compatibility of two characters, but I don’t like sharing everything right away; a big reveal gives me something to look forward to!

PMs, then groups. I don’t forum rp.

Writing is mostly a hobby for me.. that I have a lot of passion for. I want to excel.

Noooo idea.
Rogue-Scribe

Dorian’s Reply
DorianM wrote:
Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
I don't do well with overly scripted RPs, nor do I care to chat OOC more about the RP than what is actually being posted IC. (...) I use my RPs to 'character-build'and will use the stories in their histories.

Totally agree on both counts, as for the second one, this is one of the reasons I love group RP so much, it allows me to build up my characters. The continuity between several threads and writing partners can be amazing! Thank you for answering!

You are most welcome! I’ve reviewed my answers from a year ago and I still feel the same. It was good reading everyone’s answers here!
See more
Hmm, I think really I'm more inspired and satisfied by paragraph-style, where there's almost a whole page. But I also like short length in its briefness, simplicity, and abilities to convey various things in a small amount of time. I find paragraph-style more impressive, mostly, but they both delight me.

Ooh, I like many genres. And I like to RP several of them. I find I best write, and most enjoy, sci-fi and fantasy. Historical drama types seem fun as well.

Mmmm... No? Maybe? I don't think so.

I don't mind them. I usually prefer them. I'm not sure how I'd feel about roleplaying with a non-anonymous character. Heheh.

Yes. I think it's just over, or something like that. At least if we're counting this site only. B)

Hmm... I enjoy plotting OOC if the other person is really into it. I don't know that I want to be the only one plotting the story, and making all the moves and changes, whether for fear of them suddenly changing it or because I just don't want to do all of the work, I'm unsure. :)

I like RPing in PMs most, but I haven't had the chance to RP in the forums or groups much, or enough to know. I think. But I think they would be fun! Haha. :)

Mmm... Both. All three maybe. I do use it as a hobby, but I'm too invested in it for it to be that simple, I think? Maybe. I don't really know. I definitely have a passion for it, I think, and bit of talent, if nothing else. At least, I have a good idea of what's well-done RP? Haha. Maybe it's more that I just, simply, like it.

Ah, hmm. I would say it's a little difficult to tell. I would say it's exuberant, but I also would say it probably depends on my partner's style? I don't want to be writing a great operatic-styled drama on one side while they're writing everything in anime style, or vice versa, but maybe a little of both? Haha. I like an outside description with a bit of POV, I think. And then probably a little bit of inner dialogue, here and there, just sprinkled around sort of. And I like to have a distinct descriptive standpoint? I'm not sure how to explain this, but basically, if I look at it visually, there's a space where the character stands. And I like it to be written sort of.... From the edge of the space, just peeking over. Or maybe hanging around right next to the character? That's how I like to write, probably. Because the character isn't as easy to write from where they're standing, because there's too much thought process going on, for me. And having the character notice things can be difficult. I would think the very sidelines would be easier, but actually they might be too crowded with other things for me to see clearly. I don't know. But actually, it might be easier to do when I'm roleplaying... I answered a lot of these questions in the fanfiction mindset. XD

Thank you for the survey! It was interesting and fun. Byebye! :) :)
1. I need multi-paragraph posts to stay inspired and happy about a rp, some shorter ones are ok during a lull or with this pokemon dnd rp I am in though.

2. I love fantasy, but I'll play other genres if the plot is interesting enough.

3. I get ghosted plenty, but then doesn't everyone?

4. I honestly don't care either way. As long as the character is interesting, then I'm good.

5. Yes.

6. I like to plot OOC as it's just a good way to avoid disagreements, but if my partners are the type to prefer surprises then I can work with that.

7. Generally pms, but groups can be fun, but they seems to have an awfully high failure rate. Most of the group rps I joined fell apart pretty quickly sadly.

8. I say it's a bit of both, I can get very passionate about my characters and the rps they are in, but somedays I just don't want to write, not even because of writer's block. I just don't feel like it.

9. eh...I honestly can't really say.
My insomniac self browsing forums finds a survey…
Writing Styles Survey Questions

My Answers

1A. Do you feel most satisfied and/or inspired by paragraph-style or shorter-length posts?
I write paragraph-style with the length depending on the particular scene. On the short side I try to give my writing partner around a hundred words, and usually limit the high end around 800 or so, though I have written out some giants. I usually collapse them into sub-units when I do.

1B. Do you tend to match the length and the frequency of posts?
Not really. If the progression of the next scene needs a paragraph or four paragraphs, the frequency of posts really doesn’t come to mind when writing replies.

2A. Do you have genres that you like best and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer?
I’m a niche role player who likes to write modern slice-of-life scenarios with real human or realistic human art face-credits.

2B. Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?
The only variation I do is modern historical (20th century/early 21st century).

Yes I have.

I myself don’t use anonymous characters, but I don’t mind writing with anonymous characters as long they meet my roleplaying rule requirements.

I currently have seven, but of those, four are actually used. The others are shells created for failed roleplays and will eventually be repurposed.

I like to OOC plot/plan some to get a rough guideline to add to an initial story prompt to start the RP and touch bases OOC along the way. That leaves variables in play. I don’t like getting too wrapped up in detail planning as it tends to burn me out before getting started if things are too scripted.

7. Which do you enjoy writing in most, Forums, Groups or PMs?
I have mostly 1x1 PM rps going though one was converted to a 1x1 forum rp in a RP group. I don’t mind small group rps but never had too much luck in them.

It’s sort of escape therapy for me these days. It was a hobby when I was a teen and I got passionate about some roleplays before it faded with my life moving into adulthood. RP writing was something I talked about with my psychologist when I was suffering from PTSD from the Covid pandemic, and it was suggested that I should get back into it to see if it would help take my mind off the stresses of my daily life reality.

I tend to be descriptive as I see the vision in my head and I try to have my words paint the picture I see for my co-writer to work with. I also, at least for one of my characters, use internal thought discussions that develop my character’s decisions. I also sometimes see different directions I could take the roleplay depending on my character’s decisions and have written out different replies for each decision then I roll a dice to decide which one to use. Usually it’s a 1D2 on a reply that is written up to the point then the ‘winning’ choice is edited in afterward.
ChebaTheBee

My answers

Well, I'm satisfied and inspired by paragraph-style type of posts, since I'm used to writing like how you write books. As for matching the length and frequency - I try to put effort in posting as much as I can and also to add enough stuff for my partners to work with. Juuust it can be tricky for me to write enough stuff as my inspiration can mess with me... :I

I 99% of the time write fantasy. What I really love about it is that you can do so much with it, as there are endless possibilities. I have tried to rp horror before, and it'd be cool to give it a shot again at some point.

Somewhere at the start, yeah. But I figured it's cause people are busy with their lives, or (this next case I will say is unfortunate, as I don't want people to be worried over it, like with the first case) they might be afraid of receiving backlash for it. If people don't answer at all, I just move on and look for potential rp partners.

Weeelll, I prefer not to write with anonymous characters due to comfort, so yeah...

I don't on RPR, but in the game I play eyup.

I prefer to discuss ideas first, basically how the rp will start and all, like what kind of creatures could there be in the plot. I find it easier than completely improvising things.

I enjoy writing in PMs with one person due to comfort zone. Group rps are something that I don't believe I'm good at, as most of the time I wouldn't know what to write and am anxious about my writing speed (also about what to write). This is something I'm worried about since I messed up pacing in this one small group rp. And, I don't know... 1x1 in PMs is something that's more of my jam. It's a lot easier to focus on one person rather than multiple folks.

It's both my hobby and one of my few passions. At one point I'd really love to make this one project of mine into a comic, buuut I've no clue how am I gonna pull it off. So I guess I'll see that for myself...

Weeeeelll, I'd describe it as the kind you see in books. My writing is in third person (since it's the easiest person to write in from my experience) and past tense (although I might mess up tenses as english isn't my first language...). Can't really describe better...
My Answers

Yes and No. I enjoy 2-5 paragraphs on average, but length doesn't really inspire me alone. I think it depends on what is going on the most... Sometimes my replies are just shorter because not much is happening. I firmly believe that fluffing things up just muddles everything and makes it harder to enjoy things. Personally. I tend to match the length of my partner, but sometimes I can get a little carried away and go past my typical average. At the end of the day, I just don't want anything shorter than a paragraph. But, I won't pitch a fit over it.

I've found that all of my plots are centered around fantasy, no matter what. I can write modern fantasy/fantasy over and over and never be bored. I also have found a love for mystery and horror in the last two years. I like to mix genres and have a little bit of everything thrown in; usually placing romance, action, and comedy in my subgenres. Typically my focus is getting from point A to point B and what might be inbetween there.

Yes. By dozens of people. I'm honestly convinced that just comes with the community.

I won't write with anon-profiles. I like to know who I'm writing with... and just how old they are. I feel like it is just safer that way and maybe I'm a little biased... personally, it feels like people use anon accounts to write some dodgy stuff most of the time. I'll accept someone writing behind these accounts if they link me to their original account or add me on discord.

I have hundreds, but on the site I only have twenty or so... ten-ish that are public and in use right now.

A mix of both is nice. I like to know at least the direction and what is expected of me.

PMs. Groups make me nervous and I don't like how public the forums are.

A mix of a hobby and passion, really. I have an unhealthy obsession with it. I'm trying to form a better relationship with my hobbies at the moment. So I'm not trapped in an all or nothing cycle... Roleplay is a great outlet, when it is treated as just an outlet. (I'm talking about my experience with ADHD and Autism, I don't expect anyone to have the same experience as me.)

Some people have said I write 'flowery' but I personally just describe it as: heavily narrated novella. I enjoy third person narration and long winded explanations. But, lately I've been a lot better about being concise and to the point. I also enjoy inside jokes from my character's perspective. It makes it more memorable.
My answers

My productivity is all over the place but my ideal is multiple paragraphs or less, posted every day or every week or so. I'm totally fine if someone wants to write less, sometimes I don't see any way around that when two characters may be having just a short conversation. I can match other people's length but so far haven't needed to because everyone I've met writes multipara.

I'll be honest, I'm shaking off an RPR hiatus so I haven't been roleplaying much at all, most of my writing time is spent on profiles and informational things. Anything and everything besides sci-fi set in the far future or space operas, really.

No because I haven't been RPing with anyone from here :') Ghosting doesn't really get to me because everyone does it but it sure is a shame when the other person is phenomenal writer.

Anonymous, although I'm sort of changing my mind on that for some reason.

I have so many I've needed to create a comprehensive spreadsheet to remember everyone and quickly sort through them by certain statistics. I think the number is around 100 and none are NPCs (I don't really 'believe' in having NPCs).

Both. I talk a lot with the current partner I write with so they basically get to see my thought processes in real time but the best bits that require pacing and a blind audience experience to pull off are kept under wraps. Some stuff I've done was planned from the start and didn't show up until months into it.

PMs, or more recently, Google Docs for ease of editing and formatting stuff.

It's a hobby, I don't want to stress myself out too much. Or make the same mistake I did with art.

I don't think I'm well-read enough to describe my writing in professional terms lol but I'll give it a shot. I have a preference for third-person limited POV and switching between characters, I *really* like envoking symbolism, foreshadowing, where nearly action has its purpose, and vividly describing visuals and emotions. It's been a fun challenge trying to write as characters who aren't the perceptive type because I have to be concise.

This was a fun survey, those were some thought-provoking questions.
Tossing in my input...

I tend to match length. I don't mind shorter posts, as the pressure to write longer posts can stall a game for too long and sometimes results in writer's block. As well, the pressure of reading long posts can mean I take a bit to do it. Still, it's something I can do, and seems a preference around here, and I am used to it from back when I could write much longer posts without trouble. I don't match frequency well though, and longer posts can result in slower posts from me because it takes me a bit to read them.

Mostly fantasy, ideally the lighter kind that leans more into whimsy and escapism. Think of the feeling you had as a kid running through bubbles, or playing wizard battle with your friends outside with sparkler wands or glow sticks. Those are the feelings I like my fantasy to evoke, that sense of wonder and curiosity that we all lose as we get older.

I think the first LF ad I responded to technically ghosted me? The ad went back up and the person never replied to me. I was puzzled about why because we seemed to be hitting it off, but it's no real issue to me now. I hope they find someone to play with, but I've found other stuff since.

Indifferent. Depends on which character I'd like to use for something, regardless of whether or not they're anon.

Not yet. I don't really make characters for the sake of it. I prefer to build a character for a specific game or setting. It's a habit I gained from TTRPGs but I can't say I'm that attached to the characters I RP as for reasons beyond them being vessels to explore a world.

I prefer to plot things out. I also like to talk to the people I play with. Purely IC games feel awkward to me. As well, I prefer to have an idea of a story that's going somewhere instead of having characters just meander about doing nothing for 3 straight pages.

Not much of a preference. PMs allow for more direct communication, but forums allow for open games. Groups are the same to me as forums.

At one point, it was something more to me. But I realized that I was trying to get something specific from writing, and that specific thing is more easily obtained through playing TTRPGs and forum RPs. I guess it's just a hobby now.

Pedestrian and utilitarian. I'm not a poet, and I value writing that gets the necessary information across more than writing that wants to sound clever.
I don't know how to do the fancy spoiler thing.

I tend to match the length and frequency when I can. I'm not overly fond of one liner RP as I find them not as meaty or interesting to read. For simple back and fourth conversation then they are fine.

I like loads of different genres but I do lean towards fantasy, supernatural, medical, action, adventure.

Of course, silly question

I don't mind at all, but if the anon OC has zero information on their page I'd prefer not

Yes but not all of them are active

A bit of both really

PM's Groups, Forums in that order. But I have made friends through forum RP

Hobby

How I talk, the grammar isn't checked at all but I wouldn't say it's terrible. It's readable for sure.
nindyaru

I like paragraph style more, but I'm flexible. I am also open to one-liners. No, I don't match the length and the frequency of the post. I'll post a lot of paragraphs, maybe more than 8 paragraphs when there are a lot of things that I want to convey, but don't really like to write anything more than necessary. I’ll post whenever I can.. and whenever I already have something to post.

2. Do you have genres that you like best and tend to write over and over, or are you more of a multi-genre writer? Are there any particular shades to a genre that you enjoy?
Highschool stories, slice of life, supernatural, fantasy, apocalypse, sci-fi... murder mystery... horror... any genre is ok, but I prefer to do roleplay with flexible roleplay partners that allows me to play as my own characters that already existed on my profile page, even though all of them are supernatural beings, lol. Hey, why not write more than one genre? A demon, a vampire hunter and a normal 80 years old granny got abducted by aliens, and then when they got trapped inside a UFO, suddenly one of the alien got murdered and they need to solve a locked-room murder mystery in the space to catch the killer, for example? Oh... wow, hey, that's a nice idea 🙄

Yes

Well... as long as the character has a profile page with written information...

Yes, but I don't put all of my characters on this site.

If my roleplay partner wants to plot OOC, I’ll do it, but if it's me who decides, I like to be surprised. I love unexpected character dynamics and story development. The wilder, the better.

PMs.

Hobby. I write for fun.

Multi-paragraphs most of the time. My writing is in third person and past tense, but I'm not a native English speaker so there are some occasional grammar mistakes.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Writing Styles Survey

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus