Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi doesn't mind Lisa steadying herself on her arm or shoulder. The girl looks like she's basically sleepwalking, so it makes sense. Also, she's pretty sure Lisa isn't playing a long deception game. Her aura clearly shows fatigue, even more than her body language.

Victi laughs for a moment at Lisa's sharp rely. "Oh, yeah, I get that one. Believe it or not, I've had enough times where people attack me for things that aren't my fault for me to relate to that." She helps Lisa down to her seat at the base of the tree (if allowed) before sitting down herself.

Victi watches as Lisa goes for her pouch, confused. Wait.... she wasn't planning on drugging herself to sleep, was she? "uuuhh.... do you want to to try without helpers first?" Victi asks, "Maybe it's just me, but I feel like resting with a clear mind might be healthier...."

She sweeps her tails around toward Lisa, hoping to tempt her with pure-white fluff.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"I agree. Taking a break from an alternate form would be wise. I could cast a glamour over you for now, allowing you to 'maintain' the form without actually needing to," Kylarion offers to Jules.

He adresses Raven next. "While on the surface, I requested that my crew only provide me with urgent updates, so I do not know exactly where they are at the moment," he explains. It was actually true, he didn't know exactly where they were.

In fact, he didn't even know that Lisa had escaped yet.

"The last update I had on them indicated that they were still in Telmarune, so I assume that should still be the case," he says, supressing the bit of smugness that wanted to creep into his voice. Even to someone very observant and experienced, his fuzzy visage, robe-covered body, ear and tail-tips, and even his scent and aura betrayed nothing. 650 years of practise keeping his emotions and thoughts under wraps for the political scene payed off well in many other contexts. Being honest, even if omitting things a bit, made it easier too.
"I cant... I dont want to scare the... children... or anyone here." She says softly as she closes her eyes. "I-I can hold this form a little longer..." she says as heat radiates off of her. She chokes back any tears from fear of scaring anyone. She can hear her heartbeat ringing in her ears.

Kylarion sighs, willing to draw the small group's focus back to Jules as well as being willing to help her.

"Supreme Glamour," he says quietly, gesturing with a tail.

At once, an illusory veil wraps Jules perfectly in her current appearance, accurate down to every pore, hair, and thread in her clothes. Creating an illusion over a thing of itself allowed for exquisite levels of detail without even needing to look. Her voice, scent, heat signature, and sound reflection would match as well.

"It will last for a few hours. Should you change form, as long as you do not produce anti-magic pulses while you do so, any protrusions should be hidden, any changes will be glossed over, and other alterations will be rendered unnoticeable. It is not subtle to magical senses, but I would hope that not to be a problem in the near future," he advises, "Rest your essence. You cannot safely do what needs doing if you are under such stress."
She nods and removes her own transformation. "Thank you... I guess I was just being stubborn..." she says as she stretches. "I'll collect some things so we can be ready to leave once Alastor gets back. "She says as she gets up. "Will I be able to turn it off when I want? Besides anti-magic pulses?" She asks softly.
Isabella smiled once again at Drake, following along with her eyes as he leaned down to her and cast not only an intentionally obvious look at Geoff, but clear words to deter any would be arrests he might offer. It was a comfort for the girl to think that this man might be looking out for her, and as she looked over at Geoff with him then back up to Drake as their glance retreated, she could only continue her smile.

Nothing about him seemed creepy to her, no. In fact if there was an opposite to creepy Drake seemed to be hitting it. He was nice, charming, and the catalyst seemed to be he was also handsome. Above all he identified her concerns as valid and made her feel like they were something he would look out for, and so for better or worse a trust began to form for the Chimera man.

"Isabella," she replied with a cute smile, "What's yours?" She glanced over at Nadia, and her smile waned a little. She still liked the fairy, technically speaking, but the relationship she had developed with her would be warden made her uneasy.

In response to the question, the child looked back at Drake, "Um....do you want to eat?" The question was one of which she would wait for an answer before proceeding. If Drake went for food, Isabella would happily join him, though she still wouldn't let anyone near her book.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Unfortunately for the goblin, his sneaky plan failed to account for a particular feature of Adriannu's anatomy; her ears. Even as she cleaned her blades, her ears ears were swivelling around, listening for any sounds that could represent a potential threat, especially coming from her blind side. This of course meant that the goblin's plot to sneak up on her was doomed from the start as she easily heard his footsteps that were likely stepping on debris, possibly making even more sound. Thus allowing her to silently drop the cloth she had been cleaning with and pick up the partially cleaned dagger she had tended to first as the goblin had kindly stewed long enough to tend to one blade.

As such, the goblin hurling the rock at her didn't catch her by surprise as she was able to simply side steps out of its path. Then as he charged forward, the child simply jumped into the sky, putting her far out of his reach. Then in midair, she positioned her blades up in the air before bringing them down into his skull as she fell back down with gravity aiding by offering a bit more force to her attack. Naturally this killed the goblin instantly and Adriannu calmly used a foot to pry his carcass off her daggers.

Finally, she then scanned her sourringds with her eyes narrowed and a murderous gleam present in them as if daring any other goblins to try their luck. Thought the Cathera didn't mind if others decided to try since she was actually having a bit of fun feeling how well her new blades cut through flesh and bone. She really would have to thank Kylarion again should she see him again.

"If you focus on the spell and attempt to peel it off of you, it will unravel and shrivel away," Kylarion says with a nod, "It needs to be intentional, so you will not do it by accident, and only you, or in theory myself but I will be departing soon, can dismiss it without actively working to dispell it."

He straightens and clasps his hands behind his back before saying, "If that is all, I will take my leave and wish you luck and purity of skill as the situation continues."
Urug (played by frostwyrmm)

"Ah, that's a shame." Urug extended a hand towards Kylarion. "It's been a pleasure having you here. I do hope the roads treat you well, though I predict you'd have no trouble if something happened." Urug chuckled. "Do stay in touch."
"Thank you for everything." She hums as she stands up. She really just wanted to get to a place where she can spread her wings and actually see them. She likes her human form but if she were being honest, her demon form is much more desirable.

"Be safe on your travels." She does a little curtsey before tucking some hair behind her ear.
"Ah, that's a relief." Geoff chuckles weakly as the fae snatches at his hand, wrapping her little fit around his fingers and tugging him toward the fire. He lets her guide him and sits crossed-legged, pale, scrawny legs peering out from beneath his robe before he readjusts the fabric, on the ground across from Ren.

Glad to call her something other than Kid, Drake returns her coy smile.

"Isabella, I like that name," he responds. "Call me Drake."

He rises from his crouch and rests his hands on his hips. "Sure, I could go for somethin' to eat." He gently scruffs up Isabella's hair almost like a goofy, doting father and strolls past her toward the fire pit. Back turned to the young girl, she allows himself a brief smug look at Ren along the way, eyes narrowed and smile thin and sly. He seats himself between her and the wizard and pats the area beside him to invite Isabella to sit closest to him, on the side away from the distrustful elemental.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven purrs her approval as Kylarion casts glamour over Jules, letting her release her human disguise without scaring anyone. Although Raven can't see her wings, she feels a rush of air as they come alive again, and then probably fold neatly behind Jule's back.

"It was good to see you again," she says earnestly to the magistrate, then, more quietly and with a strangely slyer grin, she adds, "I hope you bring me a gift next time we meet."

She giggles, not exactly seriously demanding a gift, and waves one paw in the air to wave him a friendly goodbye. This day had turned awful some hours ago, but now things keep getting better and better. Lisa and Adriannu might be in or near Telmarune, and surely one of her new teammates knows how to reach one of the biggest cities in the near countryside.

Oh...is it near? She has to ask. Raven isn't the best with direction or relative distance, not that she's even particularly clear on what city they're in now to begin with.

"Hey, Jules, right? And uh...you, the big guy!" She tosses her head toward Urug. "Do either of you know where we are and where Telmarune is?"

"I will attempt to make contact and provide aid where I can," Kylarion confirms to Urug with a bow. He follows it up with a muttered, "I would shake your hand, but I do not wish to disappoint you with my lack of practice with the gesture."

"Raven, I will most certainly see what I can do. I suspect you would make frighteningly good use of any gift," he says to her, "We shall see what can be managed."

"Miss Geist, to you as well. Travel well," he says, offering another bow before walking out of the room.

He proceeds to the guest room and opens a portal to his ship, leaving no further trace of his presence in the orphanage.
Liliath had returned from her water help trip, it had been quite boring for her. She’d rather helped Adriannu. ”I am back Adri, eewl!” She said as she noticed the dead bodies of the goblins.
Isabella stared back at Drake, face aglow as she took in his smile he had fixed on her. "Drake, I like that name," she mimicked, followed by a line of light girlish giggling. Her mouth remained open in the slightest, eyeing up at Drake as he stood up while holding the book of hers tightly to her chest for safe keeping. The smile faded a bit, however, when Drake reached down to scruffle Isabella's hair.

"H-Hey!" she said with a little irritation in her voice, reaching up with one hand and trying to thwart the would be invasion into her hairs neat condition. She rather liked her hair, and keeping it in nice condition, and anyone messing it up wasn't welcome, but as a child, there were limited things she could do about it. It wasn't so bad, though, as her hair didn't frizz out too much as a result. It also was easier to give Drake a pass on this behavior, seeing as how the child thought he was rather cute.

Still, it was not enough to turn her from her initial affections from him. In fact, as Drake turned and walked towards the fire pit, Isabella rapidly kept pace with him as he walked on. As she followed, she kept her eyes up at the back of the mans head with a smile on her face. As they moved, however, her eyes fell to Geoff, and her expression changed instantly. She glared at him with the look a child offered someone they didn't like. It was often something they did mindlessly, not realizing just how unwelcoming their stare was even after it had ended, and this stare was no different as she subjected Geoff to it. A glance at Nadia only momentarily revealed a similar expression, though less intense, as she proceeded to sit with Drake. She glanced back to see where she would be landing her bottom before dropping back on it, still holding her book closely and tightly with the shard hidden within it. Returning her look up to Drake, Isabella once again found her smile fixed on him.

"So," the child said a little bashfully, "What's your favorite food?" She glanced momentarily at the food available while asking, though whenever Drake would begin to answer, Isabella would pay the fullness of her attention to him.
Naida (played by The)

Naida sat down with Geoff, and she got very excited when Isabella started coming over. When Isabella gave her that mean look and an even meaner one to Geoff, however, something in the fairy snapped. She glared back as hard as she could. Why did Isabella like this grumpy fuzzball so much? Naida liked him at first, true, but he had shown his true self with the aggression earlier. She much preferred Geoff’s innocent smile.

She quickly forgot all of this when she picked up the basket of food. Slightly upset with the limited choices, she sighed, but picked up some dried meat and fruit anyway. In the bottom of the basket, she saw what she really wanted: peppermint and strawberry candies. She grabbed a handful before passing the basket on to Geoff.

“So, Geoff,” she smiled up at him, “what do you do for fun? And where do you live? Oh! Do you have a family?” The fairy had her usual amount of questions bubbling to the surface.

Across the fire, Ren paid no mind to Drake’s attitude. She was just glad the intensity had died down a bit. When Drake sat next to her, she attempted some small talk: “So, fuzzy buddy,” she couldn’t resist using Naida’s given name for him, “I could give you a bit of advice with Naida. Specifically with her nicknames.” Here, she would pause to see if Drake has any interest in dropping the nickname fuzzy buddy. Who knows, maybe it’s growing on him. If he does, she’ll continue: “If you don’t react, she’ll get bored. Trust me, she tried calling me ‘Bubbles’ once. I think she also attempted ‘Frostbite’ and ‘Honeybunny.’ Not sure where she got that last one, though. You can also give her an equally annoying nickname back. I think ‘Chatterbox’ did the trick for me.” Ren laughed a bit, seeing Naida living up to the name as she bombarded Geoff with questions.
Kuro (played by dantefrancis)

"You shouldn't really say ew. Death is just a natural part of life.And they just died." Kuro said loudly with a goblin head in his head, then dropping it on the floor. Kuro did make quick work of it, but not doubt that there will be more of them. Especially due to the death of their brothers."Y'all should get back into the stone building.I'll take care of it form here,
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Shortly after she had ended the life of the latest goblin, Liliath decided to make an appearance, much to her annoyance. "Didn't I tell you to stay inside?! What if I had been fighting some goblins and one of them decided to attack you? You may have well just gotten yourself killed." She harshly scolded the the girl and that was when Kuro decided to make his appearance with a goblin head. Seeing the head, Adriannu just raised an eyebrow as she briefly wondered why the man would want to actually pick it up in the first place.

However she quickly returned her attention to Liliath and tried to get her back inside. "Liliath, go back inside and this time, stay there until I come and get you." By saying this, it was clear, that she was blowing off Kuro's suggestion to go inside the building herself. There was just no way she was trusting her safety to some stranger when she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Particularly someone who apparently thought it was a good idea to pick up goblin heads...that was just weird.
"I could help you! I killed 2 goblins before." Liliath spoke angrily back "Dead is natural if the goblin dies out of it self, you killed this and get away with that head from me."

Liliath looked angry "I am not going back inside, it is boring there and I wanna stay here with you." Liliath sticked her tongue out, before she sat down on the ground
Other (played by DazzlingDragon)

As much as the goblins may like to avenge one another in increasingly stupid and violent ways, the efforts on part of the authorities and courageous civilians have done a serious number on their...numbers, and the survivors take the first and last wise course of action today and flee.

Likewise, the fires have been brought under control. Nothing left but ash and embers to be stamped out by a determined boot or splash of water. The tea parlor lies reduced to a hollowed-out brick frame with blackened and crumbling appendages of plank. The buildings to either side of it have similarly suffered structural damage, but none of it is something the city can never repair. A gust of wind sends ash and smoke billowing into the sky, from which the smoldering waste is nothing but a bloody scratch on the face of Telmarune.

Around them, guards and mages and inquisitors, all people of relative authority who had been called to help put an end to the fire, work in tangent with citizens to start cleaning up the mess. People search through rubble for the lost. Friends and family and strangers comfort one another as they collectively process what just happened. Compared to the initial outburst of chaos, the street is quiet. Calls for people who'd gone missing, quiet murmuring, the occasional distressed or grieving wail, all of it stifling silence in comparison to minutes before.

After realizing it's finally safe, the frightened, the young, the elderly and infirm crawl out of hiding in clusters to see the damage for themselves. The old man who'd spoken with Liliath in the roost calls for her attention by clearing his throat, then he offers the pouty girl a warm smile.

"I think I saw you on the bucket lines, didn't I? Good job, good job. You helped a lot of people today," and in the fashion of most gentle old men, he reaches to pat her on the head.

"And you, the cat-earred girl with the blades," he squints his eyes, clearly confused. His sight isn’t the best, but up close she isn’t just a small person. She looks like she's at least almost the same age as Liliath...

"You can't be much older than...bah, nevermind. Thank you for stopping them from getting in."

He catches a glimpse of Kuro from the corner of his gaze and frowns, his confusion and now concern growing, as the goblin's head in the young man's hand drops and rolls on the ground.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus