Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Kuro (played by dantefrancis)

Kuro would let the head fall down off his hand, seeming seeing no point since the threat's gone.He would look around and saw that the town didn't really was destroyed as badly as he thought.However he heard the mourning of many family members, people trying to find survivors under the rubble. The average he saw when there's some type of destruction in towns.

However what caught his eye was the old man look.One of concern, which really one look he saw too often.However, he figured that the old man was just emotional.Who would be after this?" You and you.."He said pointing to the Cat-girl and the one called Liliath."Where's your guardian?Unless the old man your guardian?"
Geoff shudders under the young necromancers hateful gaze; her wide, green eyes are less threatening than the abyss that overtook her when the book...for lack of a better term, possessed her, but it still makes him deeply uncomfortable. He turns away, trying to find out the right words to explain his actions at the gate better later, in a way she'd actually understand.

That's when the fairy bombards him with questions about, of all things, his personal life. For a moment, all Geoff can do is blink while clutching the basket in his hands, struggling to understand her child-like behavior.

Then comes his honest, impassioned answer.

"Why, I live under the tower of the great University of Telmarune, where I'm a professor in the art of Transportational Magics. That's portals, teleportation, flight and propulsion, enchanted mounts or vehicles, anything that gets people from point A to point B as smoothly as possible, or," he offers an odd wink, "finding the best way to make an impressive entrance.

"I dabble in some other things, obviously, and like any good mage I refresh the basics from time to time, but mostly I've been studying new and exciting ways to move people around. Much to the disappointment of my family." He sighs. He doesn't have a wife and kids, but two stern parents and an older brother who all, "...wanted me to be a carpenter like my old man and his father before him."

He takes some sweet things- candy and fruit -from the basket and passes it to Drake. From here, he will to try to, relatively quietly, observe the dynamics within the group, and piece together what exactly is going on so he can plan his next course of action from there.

-

"My favorite food?" Drake repeats. He looks up, watching the basket make its way around the fire. "Oh, I'm not picky." And that's the truth; it'd be easier to name foods he doesn't like, such as the stale bread and the over-salted dried jerky he often has to tolerate when he's on the road...

...and when the basket reaches him, he frowns, salted meat being the first object to greet his eyes. Briefly his mind is called back to that time he spent in the woods, setting snares for rabbits while Victi hunted bigger game. An unsettling mixture of guilt and disappointment churns in his stomach; they'd never gotten around to checking his traps. If anything got caught in them, chances are that's a life and a meal gone to waste.

There's nothing he can do about that now. He takes the basket with a polite "thanks," and begrudgingly accepts some of the meat and fruit. His face brightens a little when he finds the candy at the bottom of the container, he swipes a few pieces up in his fist, then setting the basket aside where it's within reach of the little girl, he offers what he had just taken to Isabella while half listening to Ren. He stiffens slightly when she calls him Fuzzy Buddy (To Hell with you, you little...) but his ears pique and he relaxes when she offers up names she'd had to tolerate.

"Thanks for the tip, Honeybunny," he answers her with a laugh. He doesn't understand how Naida came up with that name either; Ren doesn't come off as sweet like honey, nor adorable or...really anything endearing you can ascribe to a rabbit. Not that's she's unattractive by Drake's admittedly arbitrary judgement, but for once, he's not in the mood to try anything along the lines of making a move. He's more interested in simultaneously annoying the water witch (That's a good name.) and slowly but surely negotiating what's hopefully a piece of the artifact out of Isabella's possession.
Lisa pauses, hand shaking as her fingers clutch the clasp holding her pouch shut, and she looks up at Victi with a halfhearted glare, biting back a sharp retort she's sure will come out as totally nonsensical.

Then glancing down, she continues to glare as Victi sweeps her tails toward her, a vague memory reminding her that those tails are what's responsible for at least most of the sorceress's power. And when she lets her hand fall away from her belt with an exasperated sigh, she can feel it. Her fingers brush the kitsune's soft white fur, and a subtle, electric chill runs up her arm, and instantly the chimera becomes acutely aware of how just how magical they really are. She pulls her hand away with a quiet gasp, and her tired mind starts sprinting to reach an explanation for Victi's odd body language.

She did literally offer up a lap or a "tail or three" a few minutes ago...but that's just a strange thing to say. Some joke or formality that Lisa'd easily not bothered to think about until now. Maybe Victi'd meant it, which doesn't make a lot of sense to her.

However, armed with the context that Victi draws her magic from her tails, Lisa can't help but assume she is, at least in part, flaunting her invulnerability. This is enough to make the Chimera's back stiffen and to strengthen her hard, angry expression.

Then the sneaking suspicion that the tails are a trap, of anything from something dangerous to the annoying, inconveniencing sort that Raven would love to be here for, drives her to push any tails so much as brushing against her lap off of her as she scoots herself toward the other side of the tree. Then she folds her arms over her chest and slides herself into an almost lying-down position, her head and shoulders supported against the trunk. Heaving one last sigh, she mutters, "Fine, wish me luck."
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu looked so done with Liliath refusing to listen to her. She was trying to keep the brat safe, the very least she could do was make it easier for her to do that. That being said, the Cathera ended up choosing to swallow her ire since it looked like the attack might actually be over judging from the behavior of some guards and other people of authority. She had kept the girl safe and in doing so she had fulfilled her obligation to Lisa. Quite frankly, there was no way, she was keeping the kid with her, that would mean having to keep protecting her, having another mouth to feed and most importantly, she couldn't even trust her to follow simple instructions.

However Adriannu wasn't completely heartless and decided to give her some supplies since they come from Lisa's money and the Chimera would probably want her to have some. As such, she opened her bag and took out some food, a canteen and finally what was left of the money Lisa gave her. These supplies were then handed over to Liliaith with the words. "Lisa would want you to have these." With that, put the bag on again just as the old man addressed her. His words made her narrow her eyes and she sharply answered back. "Age is just a number, there are many other things far more important than one's age."

At this, she started to head inside the building, intending to get some water for her canteen and to properly clean her blades off with since a wet cloth worked best. Of course that was when Kuro decided to open his mouth to ask about Liliath's and hers guardian. "I don't know about Liliath, but I don't need no stupid guardian." The Cathera told him in a venomous tone and eyes filled with hate. Yet she didn't bother waiting around to hear his answer and instead promptly made her way inside the building in search of that water.
“Thank you.” Liliath sighed looking to the stuff “I miss Lisa so much.”

Liliath shrugged “He is a friend, but I don’t need a guardian.”

She then walked after Adriannu “Adriannu I was mean outside so I shouldn’t need this.” She handed Lisa’s stuff back over

“I will stay inside then.” She sighed and looked already bored before she sat down
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

After a bit of time Alastor returned to the room, chuckling slightly to himself. In his arms was a bag that was well and truly overfilled with supplies, and a couple of extra empty bags were slung over his shoulder. Dropping the full bag onto his desk, he emptied most of the contents out. They don't need teh see the outfit or lockpicks. Or the wine. "Right! Here we have a range of trail rations, some basic tools, rope, an' some.. hey, where'd our gracious client go? S'a bit rude. Ahh, forget it, we need teh get movin' anyway."

Alastor began pointing over each of the items on the desk. "As I was sayin', we have food, waterskins, bedrolls, rope, unlit torches, tinderboxes, and mess kits. Grab what yeh want and put it into a bag, and we'll leave whatever's left behind. Raven, I'm sure one o' the helpful types in the room will assist yeh. Once we get that done, we'll head off."

Alastor immediately begins reaching over, taking a bit of everything except for the torches. "Help yehselves."
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi waits as Lisa's hand brushes her fur.... and is promptly disappointed. Promissing gasp aside, Lisa's reaction seems a lot less 'wow, this is magnificently soft and probably very comfortable, maybe I will take this opportunity to get a well earned rest and be functional enough to plan my survival and give information to the the very fluffy creature who didn't just send special operatives at me,' and more 'Oh gods/spirits/ancestors/[insert object(s) of faith here], this is fluffy but also extremely dangerous, why did I touch this deadly fountain of magical power?'

Or... something. Lisa seemed pretty ticked off by the offer. Weird.

"O...kay, fine, no tail, huh? I could make a pillow out of leaves, or... no? no. Okay, fine," Victi offers falteringly as Lisa moves around the tree. She mutters, "I guess trying to screw yourself up enough to stop me from getting info is a strategy, and I'm sure the mystery magistrate's spooks would have been happy to help," before saying, "Alright, I'll be checking some stuff, tail pillows are a standing offer."

Kuro said no answer but instead chose to walk away. The kids aren't going to say anything, so he's not going to push his luck to try and help. So for him, the best thing for him to do is to completely leave town. He doesn't like staying in one area for long. Once past the gate, he would walk in the direction into the forest nearby, as that was the area where he could mostly relax by himself, and if anyone tries to get follow him...well he'll somewhat know what to do.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

On his way out, Kuro probably ends up passing by Thalia, who is on her way back into the city with a few other inquisitors and a pair of guardsmen letting her know what they know about the situation. He may catch parts of the conversation as they pass.

"The chimera woman in question didn't happen to be tall, dark haired and furred, and probably a slim build under a long black coat, did she?" Thalia asks, exasperated.

"Erm, you... know of her? Because yes, that's exactly right," one of the guards replies, walking backward to speak with the High Inquisitor more easily, "She was taken away by a white-haired chimera woman. Much lighter clothing and brighter colours, guards who had been in the area reported a disturbance in that area involving use of magic and, apparently, several tails? The details there are a bit unclear."

The conversation continues as they head further into the city.

"Was there a child in the area? A girl of between eight and ten? Likely obstinant?" Thalia asks, her stern, all-business tone concealing any concern.

"Human or Cathra, ma'am?" The guard asks in reply, "There was one of each at the table, according to..."

"Human, but I would speak to both of them once I have asked the dragon about the situation," Thalia interrupts, "I suspect they are both involved.... no, I am not going to incarcerate them, before you say anything heretical, but they have gotten dragged into something, as has this entire city, now." She turns to one of her inquisitors and tells him, "I want all inquisitors on the continent informed about the white-haired chimera, though to be aware that it may be an illusory disguise. My intuition suggests that the tails are the most real thing of her anyone there saw, incomplete description or certainty aside. If you can ask the priesthood to send out their own missive, their eyes would be helpful here. Anyone coming into any town of size would be noticed by someone, and most of those would be willing to tell their priest about it."

The other inquisitor nods, touching the brim of his hat before he steps away and starts jogging back toward the inquisition's main hall

"Is there anything else, guardsman?" she asks as they get within sight of the slowing pillar of smoke from the arson.

"No ma'am.... I will remind the captain to share a copy of the report from inside the parlour, though," the guard answers. He didn't really like Thalia, or the inquisition and their overbearing self-righteousness either, but in this case she did seem to know what was going on, and was known for having a particularly strong intuition, even compared to the usual gods-blessed gut feelings inquisitors and priests tended to have. So between keeping her not annoyed at him and frankly just wanting himself and his fellows to be able to just worry about public safety rather than all the mutterings about blood-magic, hellfire along the coast, and all the other weirdness of the past week or so, he was willing to try and be helpful. The Inquisition could deal with the strange stuff all bloody day as far as he cared.

"Good," Thalia acknowledges, giving him and his comrade a wave of dismissal they were eager to follow. With that, she headed back toward the library...

Kuro would think about the things he heard from the way to the gate .Apparently there something going on, and that the kids that he was talking too was a part of...that.He also learnt that the kids have a guardian. Who's gone. With no one knowing on where is the person whereabouts.So Kuro decide to make a favor and find the 'chimera'.

However...he had no clues. Nothing to guide him.So he decide layed down the facts.
Someone with serval tail the chimera took, but during the timespan, they could have gotten far... Scratch that,they could get away from the area with teleportation magic, and you need to have very damn good memory, otherwise you might end up in an area you don't want to be.

So they might be in an area near town...Kuro sighed, as he hated to putting things to chance. But it was the only thing he had.So he walked in the directions on path to a village.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

((A reminder to all that Victi and Lisa are not close to Telmarune. They're the equivalent of a few days of riding from the city, and explicitly somewhere not close to somewhere inhabited, just somewhere interesting she remembered while riding previously))

((I know. Kuro is going to be taking his time afterall.))
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven hops up onto the table to ogle all the trail supplies. She bats at the items she wants and mostly expects someone to get the message while her mind has already hopped off to elsewhere: to the world outside the decrepit walls of this old orphanage, to the open road and the great stone city where her friends might be safely hidden.

She chooses some extra food rations and paws at a length of rope (whether that's because she thinks the rope may be useful or because it looks fun to play with isn't exactly clear) Then, with a sudden impatient sort of ire seeping into her tone, she noisily clears her throat and asks, "What do you all think about going to Telmarune?"

Seating herself on the table, and taking a breath, the cat begins to defend her proposal, stumbling with some uncharacteristic awkwardness, at first. "He said he left the others- my uh...friends, can't recall if I talked about them -in that big ol' city some distance in one of the directions, don't remember which one, so I was hoping one of you knew or we could get a map..." she trails off before springing back into action with renewed excited fervor. "Anyways! Friends of mine. They've got shards too- a shard," she rolls her shoulder, reminding herself of the green shard stored safely in her catpack, "and could really help us. One of them I've known for years and I'd trust her with my life."

And she's probably in awful shape without me... She pauses again, lowering her head in what might be shame.

"She's a good healer, not a magic one like Jules," she turns her attention briefly toward the demoness, "but I think her knowledge will supplement your powers very well if we end up in a bad situation. What's more, I think you'd like to meet her for your own sake."

She returns her fullest attention back to the entire group. "The other girl I didn't meet until all this blood-artifact nonsense started going down. She's young, but she's tough and clever. When I first met the magistrate, he told us we need to be scorpions; small and harmless looking, with a deadly secret stinger. If I ever met anyone who's a great scorpion, it's her."

"So," her moment of desperate sincerity done, Raven transitions smoothly into her cool, confident self, looking down and studying her claws with feigned disinterest. "I hope that's got you three colored intrigued. I'll ask again, what do you thinking of heading to Telmarune?"
She helps Raven pack her bag as she listens while packing her own. She thought she could smell wine but decided not to mention it. Even if it was something she very much enjoyed.

"I dont have a problem traveling to find your friends. I always enjoy meeting a fellow healer." She smiles as she lightly pets behind her ear for a second. "Plus, maybe we will see the little girl we were traveling with..." She stops talking for a moment as she remembers her last encounter with Liliath. She sighs softly before bringing her smile back. "Its always worth a shot anyway."

She looks over at Urug and Alastor. "What do you boys think?" She asks with a soft, yet daring smile. "Ready to get into a little trouble?" She smirks slightly as she was getting excited to get back on the road.

Adriannu nodded as Liliath said she missed Lisa as she much to her surprise, missed the Chimera a bit too. Of course that didn't stop her from handing over some of the supplies she got with the intention of leaving the girl behind. However she hadn't made it far into the building when Liliath ran back in and handed the stuff back, saying that she had been mean outside and thus didn't need this. Afterwards, the kid sat down on the floor and quickly started to look bored again.

At this, the Cathera rolled her eyes and said. 'I meant to stay inside during the attack. Well the attack is over so you don't have to stay inside anymore. I just came in because I needed some water to clean up with." She explained before resuming her search for the water.

Once she found it, Adriannu grabbed a bucket of it and then fetched a rag from her backpack before dipping it in the bucket. Using the now wet rap, she properly cleaned off all the blood from both new daggers before flicking away the leftover water and resheathing them. With the daggers properly cared for, it was now time to tend to her hair which had gotten a bit bloody during the battle. For that, she dipped the cloth into the bucket again, wrung the water out and then redipped it before starting to wrap the bloodied parts of her hair in it one at a time and rubbing to hopefully wash out the blood. It was possible that her hair may have a slight pink hue despite her efforts for a little while, but she would do the best she could. Once the Cathera thought she got it all, she turned her attention to Liliaith if she was still nearby and asked. "Do you see any more red in my hair or did I get it all out?" She decided to not mention what the "red" in her hair actually was to make things easier on the girl.
"No there's still a bit in your hair." Liliath took the cloth of Adriannu her hands and tried to get it out "I almost got it out." Liliath spoke as she continued to wash Adriannu her hair "Where are we going now? We do need to find Lisa, maybe we can find my other friends to. Alastor and Jules, they are very nice people to an they have shards too."

"Alastor is a friend of me, Jules too. But Lisa and Alastor are my best friends.
Urug (played by frostwyrmm)

While gathering his gear, Urug listened in to Raven's proposal. He had to admit, it sounded like a wise plan, especially since it sounded like they seemed to lack another direction to take. Jules' agreement served to further that mindset, however he had to pinch the bridge of his nose as he heard her final remark.

"Oh, Miss Jules. I thought you'd be the responsible type." He couldn't help but smirk, however. "Oh well. At least this adventure will be an interesting one."
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor took this time to speak, having moved himself towards the books in the room. "Sounds like we're in agreement then. An' I think we've got a book here somewhere..."

While looking through the books in the room, he suddenly pulled out one and began flicking through. "Aha! Here we are, directions to Telmarune." In one swift motion he tore out the page he was looking at, causing a pained cry from Urug.

"Well, no use hanging around 'ere. Shall we?"

Adriannu let Liliath take the cloth and felt a bit of gratitude towards her helping to wash the goblin blood out of her hair. Between that and her acknowledgment that she had been mean, the Cathera decided to begrudgingly let the girl stick around a while longer. Once the younger girl had finished washing her hair, Adriannu took the cloth back and wrung it out as best she could. Then she packed it back into her backpack, but took care to keep it away from the books Lisa had asked her to pack away. Those books were bound to be highly annoying as they were extra weight that served no purpose since she couldn't read. However she still didn't want Victi to have them, so in the pack they stayed.

"Ok Liliath, Victi took Lisa and I have no idea when we will see her again." That is assuming they ever saw her again, but the Cathera wisely kept that thought to herself. "As it is, we can't stay in this city, Victi knows we are in the city and thus we don't want to be here in case she comes looking for us. So it's time we left. In this pack of mine, I have food and some canteens filled with water, so you don't need to worry about that. Besides, my sibling to your piece is much more useful out of the city then in it and we might find a river for yours." Adriannu was being intentionally vague about her shard just in case there were people eavesdropping. "So let's move out. Follow me and I want you to get in the habit of doing so as I know how to survive in the wilderness."

With that, the Cathera started to lead them towards the large library as she had seen an exit in the market place and from the library, she would be able to find her way back there.
"Did she! If I see her she will pay for it." Liliath looked upset "Fine, maybe we can go to a huge forest, we could make a treehouse and stay in there. Maybe with my shard we can catch fish by boiling the water." Liliath suggest "Let's go then." She followed after Adriannu and would talk about almost everything.

"I still hope to buy my castle, I orginally wanted to sell my shard."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus