Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Other (played by DazzlingDragon)

The goblins have run out of explosive cocktails to throw, and those who aren't set on spreading fire by hand turn to attacking civilians with everything from rocks, to clubs, to short blades to their bare hands. City authorities position themselves around groups of people and do well to slay the goblins with frankly superior strategy and firepower, but a trio of them slip past the cracks and set their sights on the roost. It's such an irresistible target, with so many vulnerable people and tasteee...with human intelligence and talons to strip flesh off of bones, but they're still such tastee, tastee things! If they could get just one...

One swipes some debris off the ground; a sizable hunk of splintered wood that'd make a great stake/club. Another draws a primitive dagger from a scrappy belt around its waist. The third brandishes its sharp teeth and claws...

The two armed goblins throw themselves at Adriannu, screeching gleefully at the prospect of tasting a cathera for the first time in ages, if they'd ever eaten a cathera. The third tries to dash past her and get inside the building.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu didn't have to wait long for her first test subjects to arrive and they turned out to be three goblins, two armed with crude weapons with the last armed with nothing, but what nature had given it. That suited her just fine, now she'd get to see just how well the Magister's gift cut through flesh. Now while the first two just ran straight at her, it was the third that truly demanded her attention as it was trying to get inside and that just wouldn't do.

Sprinting towards the last one, she'd intercept it and felt her dagger slice right through its throat as if she was cutting wet paper. Leaving him to bleed out, some of his spraying blood landed on her hair and face before Adriannu raced over to the other two or were left in a bit of a shock as they hadn't expected a kid to be dangerous. Nevertheless, they recovered and one attempted to hit her in the head with the wood while the other tried to stab her in the chest. Well she parried the one with the club and the one with the dagger was suddenly missing a hand as it and the dagger fell harmlessly on the ground. Then before the wood wielding goblin could think to run away, the Cathera riposted from the parry into his eye, killing him instantly.

The final goblin did try to run away while clutching his bleeding wrist, but he didn't make it more then two steps before the child severed his spine, leaving him paralyzed on the ground. Just like the first one, Adriannu left him to bleed out from his two wounds as she was by no means feeling merciful enough to grant him a coup de grâce.

Checking her surroundings, the Cathera would approach her first victim if it was safe before cutting off some of the rags it might be wearing. She then used those rags to wipe the blood from her daggers after flicking them of what excess blood she could first as more blood dripped from her hair.

(If you feel like setting the mood, here is some music to listen to.)
Misc other wrote:
There's a long line of people passing buckets along toward the fire. When Liliath reaches the end, she finds a gushing spout of water being used to fill the countless containers. Above it is a large cylindrical reservoir that can easily contain a hundred cubic meters of water. How full it is at the moment isn't immediately obvious, but more water is flowing in along the large stone aqueducts coming down from the mountains, as well as to other reservoirs throughout the city.

Liliath had decided to simply help without her shard, cause she wasn't sure if anybody would like a child with a shard. Since it would be quite obvious when a child would bleed all over her hand. She also wasn't really sure how she could help them with her shard.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Hey, hey, this doesn't have to be where you die, we can go somewhere safer, get you calmed down, and think this out," Victi says semi-soothingly, though the excitement of playing the 'game' she's been presented with in keeping the chimera safe from being assassinated crept into her voice a bit. Okay, maybe more than a bit. This kind of thing was fun to her. She goes to gently rest a hand on Lisa's arm, though any defense or evasion Lisa makes is enough to get her to (surprisingly politely) pull away.

"I know it isn't the best time for it, but do you mind telling me a name I can use for you?" Victi asks, shifting into a position she thinks is more directly in between Lisa and the city walls, "I've been stuck internally referring to you as 'The Chimera Girl' so far and that's unhelpfully general. I don't need to know your full name, or even your real name if you're paranoid about stories of people using names to target spells. I... wouldn't do that, not really my style and I'm not convinced that it actually works for stuff done between mortals other than maybe talking to the dead, but I don't mind if you wanna be cautious."

She also takes the time to get her shriker to drift closer to them, now both within touch range for easy transversal and sitting as another bit of barrier to stop potential sniper fire.
Kuro (played by dantefrancis)

Kuro waited on, but as the fire worsen the more uneasy he became. The fire calmed down, but there were the goblins, which were still causing a ruckus.

Guess helping out more wouldn't hurt So after he made sure that his hood was still on, he would run and leap from rooftop to rooftop. However when he realize he couldn't really help the people by getting a birds eye view from the roofs, he climbed down, grabbing the ridges and cracks to get a grip. And once he reached the tile floor, he grabbed a straight sword and a tanto, making himself look like a threat to the goblins.
Her brain, locked in the tight iron grip of blind panicked dread, skips out on processing Victi's exact words, but her soothing voice, pitched by an infuriatingly familiar excitement aimed specifically at the prospect of playing a dangerous (for Lisa, at least) game, sees that she claws her way painstakingly out of it, for the sake of her still-missing friend. The next sound to pass Lisa's lips is almost an exasperated sigh, followed by a weak chuckle.

She tenses as Victi touches her arm but instead of pulling back, Lisa lays her other hand on the kitsune's, snatching the chance to take the comfort from a soft touch while her enemy's mannerisms resemble Raven's for the third or fourth time in the past hour.

"Lisa," she says as she looks up. Her eyes glisten wet and red, bloodshot with her irises looking drained of pigment, leaving them a milky shade of pinkish crimson. Right then and there they start to change back, pale amber flowing back into existence as she grounds herself. She opens her mouth to say something else, but pauses to reconsider making known whatever she has on her mind.

Victi had a decent guess at a number of possible ways the chimera could react. Anger, fear, defeated concession, generally breaking down...

But what happened wasn't on the list. The sigh and chuckle almost sounded like she was.... used to this? What the...? Victi thought, furrowing her fluffy brow as the girl almost looks like she's starting to come back to herself. When Lisa moves her hand to cover Victi's, the sorceress twitches slightly, instinctively almost pulling back, but keeps her hand mostly in place as Lisa's makes contact.

Speaking of, thank the ancestors she finally had a name. It was about time.

"Lisa, huh?" Victi asks, thinking about the sounds to try and actually remember them for the near future, "Not bad. Easy to say for a lot of vocalization systems too, I think. I dunno. Anyway, I like it." I don't like the state of those eyes, though-- okay, wait, that's better, Victi's internal monologue continues as Lisa's eyes go back to normal, That's not the most natural, I don't think.... Oh well, hopefully concerns for later.

She waits a moment for Lisa to, annoyingly, fail to say anything. "Okay, so, can we just teleport real quick and get you out of danger before you say whatever it is?" Victi asks, "Because otherwise, if it's urgent, I need to know now before we go. I only stopped this close to the city to pick up my Shriker, and right now its making my tails wet."
Other (played by DazzlingDragon)

A pair of goblins watch from the shadows of an alley across the street at Adriannu slaughters their brethren. And they growl. The tiny kitty humee will pay. She will she will she will!

Wait. They catch a glimpse of Kuro, a full-grown human with a pair of impressive pointies, one for each hand. He with the tiny kitty? The guards? Hmm...little girl cat who can fight and a big man? They should be smarter than their idiot brothers. They should, yes, if they wanna make them all pay.

They split up, a long, lanky goblin with a tufted chin crawling back into the dark alley and the other, thick-bodied and the stronger of the two, sneaking toward the girl's back. It swipes a large rock and a smoldering piece of wood from the ground and creeps closer, and closer...then as if it suddenly lost its patience, it hurls the rock at the Cathera's head from meters away and lunges forward, swinging the hunk of wood like a bat while screaming, "Die kitty!"

Meanwhile, the other goblin found its way to the eave overhanging the door to the Roost. With a whooping battle cry, it hurls itself at Kuro's face.
"...Thank...you?" Lisa furrows her brows as Victi compliments how easy it is to pronounce her name.

But moving on, she reluctantly agrees they teleport farther away from the city with a single, small nod. Straightening up, she sucks in a deep breath and breaths out as steadily as she can, bracing as if being teleported by someone else is a something to dread...

To be fair, given that all her experiences with this brand of magic so far not only were surprises but also coincided with catastrophes, Lisa is beginning to hate being moved around in such a way. To say she agrees reluctantly is an understatement.

At Lisa's nod, Victi moves them, likely before Lisa can even stand up much. They shift to an area of woodland between two villages, at the edge of where the helio-lance went through.

"This should be good for now... if smoldering a bit," Victi says, standing up just after Lisa does.

"So, we need to talk about your Magistrate situation. I get the feeling 'being assassinated if you become a possible hazard' wasn't part of the original deal, huh?" Victi says. Then, though, she pauses. "Quick question though... do you wanna take a nap first? You're looking really fried, and I dunno how functional you're going to be without some rest. I don't mind you using my lap or a tail or three if you really need it," she offers, voice surprisingly sympathetic, "You could probably at least get an hour or two."

Partially she wanted Lisa as lucid as possible. It would hopefully make her more able to remember. Second though.... like, this was just sad: This girl was a palid, snivvling mess who looked like her hair would poof grey any second from anxiety. Even Victi had a minmum of decency for someone in this bad of a state!
Kuro (played by dantefrancis)

Kuro would look up and see that a goblin was jumping towards him, but it was really was that different...well, except the fact that it might be faster than the rest. However, what drew his attention, was that he heard another yell from a bigger goblin, who was running at. So in one quick movement, he slashed the Golbin in one quick moment.

It wasn't clean, nor fatal. But his attention on the bigger goblin as he uses the tanto as a throwing knife and hit the bigger goblin in the soldier, as the blade went straight through. Which brought his attention back to the other goblin, know that the girl will use it or dealing the final blow. However, he hoped that the goblin would just stay down.
As if in a blink, the landscape around them transforms from a quiet stretch of woodland to...to what's left of a stretch of woods.

Perched on the edge of a dusty, smoldering landscape of burnt skeleton trees, Lisa shudders and stares at the wreck of a forest while Victi talks, apparently spacing out with a grimace as she recalls some very unpleasant memories.

At the word "rest," she snaps back into the present, listening carefully and fixing Victi with an absolutely incredulous expression as she offers her lap or tails as a pillow. The hell...?

It can't be legitimate kindness. Pity, sure, which makes whatever scraps of dignity Lisa has left bristle with frustration. Just the thought that the sorceress might pity her makes Lisa gather said scraps and straighten up, squaring her shoulders and hardening her expression with a cold frown.

"I'll be fine," she says, her voice trembling with exhaustion in spite of her best efforts to keep it steady. She stands all the way, swaying unsteadily. "Do we have to talk here. This place...it makes me uneasy."

Victi rolls her eyes at Lisa's defiance, and answers her question before adressing the bold claim.

"We can move, I just happen to remember this spot clearly, so it was easy to get to," she explains, "This way should be nicer." She gestures further into the woods, away from the scorched trail.

"I really don't think you'll be fine without rest, yunno," she says as they walk, hoverbike floating along behind them, "If we wanna figure out how to keep you from not being dead, you need to be more functional than you are right now, like I said. So... nap? yes? I'm essentially the safest place to be near for that, and have honestly had a pretty annoying day so far so I wouldn't mind a break, either. First I lose my companion, then tea doesn't work out, then someone tries to murder my info source... It's been just frustrating."
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor sheathed his blade before spreading his arms wide. "Well then what are we waitin' fer? I figure we should get movin'. Speakin' of, I got some things I need teh grab while we're here. I'll be back soon. Urug, yeh've got things covered here."

Without even waiting for a response Alastor ducks out of the study, heading for his own room. First stop, we need our noble disguise. Then by the kitchens fer some trail rations. After that, see if the group needs anything. Simple.
Urug (played by frostwyrmm)

"Al, were not done here, get back and-- bah. He's off. Terribly sorry about him. To be honest, I'm surprised he stayed still for that long. He hasn't given the rest of you too much trouble, has he? I know how much of a handful he can be at times." Urug chuckles, scratching the back of his head.

"Now, while we're here as well, I have a favour to ask of all of you. As I mentioned before, I'm planning to come with you. My behaviour is going to be vastly different once we leave the safety of this office, and I ask that you all accept my behaviour once we're moving. Currently there are only two friendly faces outside this room that actually know of my uh... 'above orc level' intelligence. I'd prefer to keep it that way for now. I hope you all don't mind. Rest easy, as well, Miss Jules. Your secret won't leave this room by any means of mine either."
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Kylarion chuckles at Alastor's departure.

"While he is hasty, I do agree that it is time to prepare and to act," the magistrate says, "I too have business to attend to, and will see if I can help simplify your task any further. It... may not be so simple, though. We shall see. If that is all, I shall take my leave. And Urug, once this is over, I will ensure that this orphanage recieves funding and any improvements you and Alastor deem appropriate. I was honest when I made that offer."
Lisa tries to hold herself on her own two feet as they walk, but on more than one occasion she stops to lean against a tree or reluctantly reach for Victi for support. The vixen's right, though Lisa loathes to admit it.

Her heavy eyes nearly shut, she nods along feebly until Victi snatches a brief rant about her day. The chimera answers with a rueful laugh, followed by a sentence delivered so coldly and underlain with anger it could have been a threat if it came from someone who had more of the nerve. "As the 'info source' who nearly got murdered, don't talk to me about long days."

Then she stumbles away, toward the base of an old oak tree. She collapses among its tangle of roots and reaching with shaking hands toward her pouch. While struggling to undo the latch, she grumbles, "but fine. Sure. I can try."
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

"They look like dainty little sausages to me," Raven teases. She freezes, eyes locking like a pair of honing devices on Jules's other hand. 3...2...1. She strikes!

Raven lunges at her hand, wrapping her paws around it and nipping at her fingertips.

For a moment she's happy to play with someone and seems oblivious to the conversation as it draws to a close, then she pulls away and hops off of Jules's lap. She seems about to follow Alastor out for no other reason than she's raring to go get her mistress back, now that they have a rough idea of where Lisa might be, but she pauses and sits, then turns to Kylarion with an innocent, eager pair of eyes to ask an equally innocent, eager question.

"You say you have a pretty good watch on all of us, right? You don't happen to have an update on where my friends might be, if they've moved while we were having this chat?"
She allows her to nibble and play with her hand as she looks up at the conversations going on.

"Well, Urug, I wont look like this either. So, we both will be in for a surprise." She chuckles slightly as she watches Alastor go. "He definitely is a character. But he is someone I trust." She says looking back up at Urug. "Your secret is safe with me. Thank you for keeping mine." She says as she rests a hand on her forehead. "Is it hot to anyone else?" She asks as now even the tips of her ears were bright red.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven briefly turns her attention away from Kylarion and her expression twists up with worry as Jules looks near to fainting from fever. "No...?" Oh, Ooooh no. The cat has a guess as to why their demon buddy has gotten so red-faced. The human form isn't her default, is it?

"Try taking a break from that form," she says calmly, and also a little bit dismissively as she turns back to Kylarion. "Shapeshifting is a little taxing on the body, so I've been told."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus