Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Question: Who's waiting on who right now? If someone is bein' locked right now, tell me so I can use my poking stick to poke them! >:D
I know you’re waiting on me and Adriannu just posted this morning/last night, so there’s two places I need to make some rounds myself. (So no stick pokey me please.)

I’m also waiting on either Alastor or Jules in the other place right now.
I was more waiting for Jules atm, I didn't want to leave people out too much
((Sorry I've been gone ))

"I mean Neo is the first person who actually accepted me as a demon and didnt run away in fear. So I think we are friends... even if his choices are... well different than mine." She chuckles. "I take it you two did not meet on great terms?" She tilts her head.

Is oki, Rachel. <3
The dragoness listens in silence, her brow furrowing in confusion when Victi tries to explain it with a designation system she doesn't understand. A low, impatient growl rises from in her chest to urge the vixen to get on with it. And, probably not phased by the subtle threat, she does.

Drake begrudgingly lets Victi yoink the shard off of his neck, only to regret letting himself be bound when Victi offers the relic to Aurora. He draws a sharp breath; unless she has a solid plan of action, Aurora could decide the shard is hers now and drive out, or worse, execute them both.

She has a plan; of course, she has a plan. If Victi is anything, she's clever. Hell, even if she's running on absolutely no plan, someone like her has to be really, REALLY good at bluffing.

Aurora stares at the shard; its jagged edges and smooth shine drawing her hand to it. She halfway reaches over the table to take it, mystified by the alluring power Victi claims it can grant her.

Then, she draws back with a hiss. "Blood magic. Of course, it is blood magic."

She stands, shaking off the disturbance like a dog shaking off water, and circles around the table to stand in front of Victi. With one deft motion of her claws, she undoes the cuffs and they hit the ground with a soft thump at their feet.

"Before we continue, I ask that you show me your gold and your O-so-valuable magic. I saw the show you gifted my crew earlier, but that is nothing I can't-"

"Uh, hey," Drake shoots her a look and thrusts his arms forward, "You're not gonna release me, too?"

"As I understand it," she replies coldly, "you only need one pair of hands between the two of you right now."

"Okay, now that isn't-"

"Don't tempt me to make that arrangement permanent."

Drake's face flushes, his nostrils flaring, but he mutters something along the lines of "screw you too," which the dragoness pretends not to hear in favor of doing business with Victi.
Lisa stands, and, before retreating to the door, nods a silent "thank you," to the frustrated nurse.

Also realizing Adriannu likely won't take her hand, she lets out a sigh of resignation and guides the child with a gentle gesture toward the door. From this point forward, they follow the faint blue line to the small circular room which, as Lisa has come to understand it, moves them up and down between levels through some bizarre mechanical mechanism, probably helped by enchantments advanced beyond her wildest dreams.

"Okay," Lisa holds out her arm to block the child from rushing into the elevator so she can explain: "This room is going to seal itself shut when we enter it and take us up to one of the higher levels." Again, she explains it out loud as much for herself as for Adriannu, affirming in her head that all the room will do is take them somewhere else.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Jules Geist wrote:
((Sorry I've been gone ))

"I mean Neo is the first person who actually accepted me as a demon and didnt run away in fear. So I think we are friends... even if his choices are... well different than mine." She chuckles. "I take it you two did not meet on great terms?" She tilts her head.

((Don't worry about it; if I remember right, you've explained you haven't been feeling great lately so I understand if you need to take breaks now and then. <3))

"He broke my house," she says calmly, before immediately switching gears to pestering Jules.

"So you're a demon?" Raven's eyes widen, not with horror but with absolute amazement. "I've never met a demon before! I've met demonic-looking things of course-" the two-headed dragon being one of them, "- but a legitimate demon is so much different."

Raven circles around her, practically buzzing with excitement. "That explains your looks...so what can you do as a demon? You kind of implied you can change your looks earlier; how much can you change them? And you healed me and Neo; can all demons do that? Is hell an actual place? Are you-" she catches herself and chuckles. "Sorry, I'm getting off-topic." She leaves it at that and retreats into the undergrowth for a few minutes. There, her shard lies partially buried in the soil. It's most-wickedly sharp edge pierces the air, coated in slowly crusting blood. She takes it gingerly in her teeth and pulls it from the ground.

Then she returns to the group with her relic in full view. She watches their faces carefully; their reactions will tell her a lot about what they know.
"I haven't experimented much with transforming... so mostly I can vary from full demon to full human. Currently I'm in mid shape of human and demon." She spreads her demonic wings that have black feathers and her horns only partially out. "And no healing is a rare trait in demons I'm one of the last few left actually. As for Hell being real?" She smirks. "Who knows... but perhaps maybe I do but that information is classified.. for now." She chuckles then sees the shard. "I see you have one of those too." She smiles. "What does yours do?" She tilts her head as her eyes fill with curiosity.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"One moment, please excuse the incoming high-speed self-guided vehicle. And no, once you see it you can't have it," Victi says, sending the bike a call signal, "In the meantime, while it tries to find me, magic."

She clears her throat, making a final checklist of her points in her head.

"There are a few ways I can demonstrate or describe my capabilities in terms of enchnating and magic use. The first would be simply having you strike me. My defenses will hold against the attack fine, though I admit that that one's a little simple. I could also have you try and damage the amulet around my neck, if you'd like. Gives you more things to try. Third, I could explain how I nullified your anti-magic cuffs, and prove the veracity of that claim by having my companion shapeshift and burst them. Fourth, I could simply craft an enchantment for you, and let you be the judge of that, which is even easier if you have magical sens-"

She's interrupted by a high-pitched whine and probably yelling as her hoverbike nyooms across the camp and up to the tent. It honks twice, and a message about an interfering barrier pops up on Victi's HUD, along with its dash-cam showing the tent's closed flap.

"Oh, before I just let it, do you mind if I have it come in here?" she asks, "It would probably make the showing the gold bit easier, and hopefully reduce the risks of it electrocuting your men or setting them on fire while it protects itself out there." Or strafing the hell out of them. she thinks to herself with a slight grimace. Maybe toggle the spitters off.... yeah, much safer. No need for suppression fire, even if it was currently modded non-lethal.
Sorry >.< I haven't seen it pop up and it's been pretty... stressful the last few days... between writing part of Jules backstory down on paper and finding out my aunt has lung cancer... which I literally just found out... it's like life is just kicking me down harder with each day. I mean the writing thing wasnt bad but it held up another rp and peeps were getting mad at me... so I apologize for being delayed and appreciate you all waiting :3

Take the time you need, and feel free to vent at me on discord or Instagram whenever you'd like. <3
Thank you I really appreciate you <3
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Weird. Seems like people're losin' their houses left and right. Maybe I shouldn't aim to get back home.... Ahh, I'm sure it'll be right.

Alastor couldn't help but speculate as Raven's chat revealed more. Interacting with demon-like beings? Alright then, lookin' at either a well-versed warlock or a very stupid wizard fer the master. I can definitely work with either! He also took the time to note what he'd just heard from Jules. Rare trait, eh? I'll keep that in mind.

Alastor's eyes lit up at the sight of yet another shard. "Hear, hear! Seems like these things are drawn together or summin', eh Julesy? But uhh.." Alastor looked slightly confused for a moment, "is it safe for you to use it Raven? Given yer size, I mean."

Alastor asking the important questions here.
I think I know what he’s gonna try, and I love it.

IMPORTANT: In game, the Unified Church of the Gods has issued a hefty bounty for confirmed blood magic objects.

It's a lot less than what Kylarion is offering for protecting them, but still more than enough to get someone started in a life of luxury. This probably won't apply to the players, who are being offered a much bigger deal, but it may encourage some ambitious go-getters to try and take them if they know they're there. Most people won't want the trouble, but some might, or might try to get inquisitors to take a look.

It might matter, it might not. We'll see what's fun!
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven snorts and silently flicks her tail to gesture toward the knarled, tilted tree she'd grown using the shard's magic. That's what I can do with it.

When Alastor fires a question, her eyes widen. Her jaw drops and the shard falls from her mouth as her gaze drops to her leg, which had been cut wide open minutes ago. I didn't think about that...

She may have actually died of blood loss had Jules not been around with her fancy healing hands. The realization marks the start of a crack in Raven's airy composure; she clears her a throat and takes a moment to answer. "Of course it's safe; I know how much blood I can lose."

"Besides," she quips, "I have nine lives."

Behind her slick smile and easy-going eyes, her hackles rise. The potential of an ulterior motive behind Alastor's concern does not escape her mind, and understanding how close she'd drawn to death disturbs her more than she'd care to admit.
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, Alastor is a perfect angel with no long term plans for maximising potential gain at all. I can't believe you would even consider him being a less than gracious friend!
"Doesnt it get exhausting to carry that around in your mouth? Wouldnt you prefer something like a necklace or anything you can think of?" She tilts her head slightly as she sits. She gazes at Raven observing her build to get her measurements down to potentially help with crafting up something.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus