Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

"This guy..." she sighs and looks at the dragons skeleton. She knits her brows then heads over to Neo and begins a little healing magic. Her eyes were white as she looked over at Raven. She blinks and smiles sweetly. "You are the cutest !!! Once I am fone healing him, may i pet you? I can turn into my human form if my demon form frightens you." She smiles.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Dawwww..... so cute. ^v^
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Raven limps out of the bushes and beams at Jules, too euphoric about what she did and faint from blood loss to worry about stranger danger.

Or keeping her shard a secret.

“I...I stabbed it witha tree! Hah ha!” She limps forward a little more and investigates the mess. The skeleton, the broken tree, Jules in all her demony glory and Alastor, who through her bleary eyes looks likes a roughly human-shaped blob.

“Who are you people?” She lies down, suddenly feeling drained. Her head’s pounding. “Ugh...”
"Ah you're hurt. Let me help you." She says as she picks up Raven and sets her in her lap while healing both her and Neo. Her viens began pulsing black in her hands and around her eyes. "My my you guys went through a lot but Raven I think this should help greatly." She smiles as Ravens wound heals up. "Oh, and my names Jules, Jules Geist. You are a tough one aren't ya. I like your spirit." She smiles warmly.
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor looked up from where he'd landed. The landing may have been soft, but the sudden descent had made him slightly dizzy. Damn, that's going to take some gettin' used to. Before he could even get his dagger drawn, the battle was already over.

Walking over to Jules and Neo, he looked upon the scene in front of him. "So... was I hallucinating, or did you just incinerate a dragon? And uhh... what's with the talking cat?"

Although still faint from blood loss, Jule’s magic helps Raven recover some of her wits and with it, her suspicion. She slinks out of the demon’s lap and circles her, thankfully unimpeded by a bushel of invisible fox tails. Then she goes after Alastor, crossing behind him and leaping into the air to attack...nothing! Good. They’re not vixens in disguise.

She lands, stumbles and flops over, exhausted. She heaves a sigh and deflates like a fuzzy balloon.

“That’s it. That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever done,” she says to herself, “and I don’t even like the guy! Hah. But I did it. And I can so do it again.”

She closes her eyes. She lays still for a moment, then they open wide. “I can’t tell- I can’t wait to tell Lisa!”
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"Simple: I have an object that got some peoples' attention, including at least one demon, and I intend to give you a large sum of money, mostly in gold, to protect it until we can re-supply enough to keep moving toward our objectives," Victi explains to the dragoness, seemingly unrattled by her arrival, "It will only be for four days at most, likely less but we won't cut the pay regardless. We heard that you're probably the only one around who has enough skill and prowess to handle this."

Her sword teleports back to her hand, and she plants it into the ground far enough to comfortably lean against the weapon's pommel. "I'm happy to give more specifics if need be. Oh, and if you have an enchantery, I could use an attuned location to simplify my own enchanting tasks. I won't need any of your equipment."

Yeah..... that sword call didn't do much for the headache or tinglies. Oh well. Hopefully it would give the impression she needed to give and not just tick the 'ness off.

Aurora listens quietly, displaying little emotion beyond a brief flash of...something (Excitement? Rage? Perhaps a mix of the two?) at the mention of demons. She cocks her head a little when Victi brings up gold; obviously, that also piques her interest.

Her head darts to look down in surprise as Victi's blade disappears from her claws and reappears in the vixen's hand. Then without moving her head, her eyes slowly rise to meet hers.

Silence.

Drake's ears lay flat against his head, he turns to Victi with a wide-eyed stare that should say to her, "That was a horrible idea."

Aurora hums, low and rumbling, like she might be considering the offer.

Then, "Bind them."

At that command, a pair of men advance on them, both pulling a set of handcuffs off their belts. The cuffs glow with enchantments that are most likely meant to suppress magic. Drake turns on the one who approaches him, an growl rising in his throat as he starts backing away.

Aurora watches with only a small frown. "We will show them to our most near perimeter camp." She steps forward, ruffling then smoothing her wings neatly against her back. "I suppose we can talk."
Adriannu (played by Katia)

While Adriannu obviously couldn't understand the kitsune's words, she honestly didn't need to as her gestures told her more than enough. Though she really did want a quick peek at the room and then she'd be good. Yet just as she turned around to head back to bed, Lisa got in front of her, arms outreached around her, but stopping short of actually touching the Cathera.

At Lisa's request for her to take a seat before she explained what was going on, the child simply said. "Ok." This was followed by her taking a step back and then jumping over Lisa before nonchalantly sitting cross legged back on the bed again. "All right, I'm on the bed, now tell me what is going on."

Should the nurse start tending to her again during Lisa's explanation, Adriannu would be perfectly behaved and do whatever was asked as long it could be reasonably communicated despite the language barrier.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi has to supress the urge to snicker at the infuriated dragoness, or from saying something stupid. She focusses on her headache, which would have worked better if it hadn't made her wince.

Eh, hopefully it would just seem like a reaction to Aurora's frustration.

At Aurora's command, Victi's eyes widen and her eyes snap to the one coming for her.

Oh, just cuffs with 2-3 layers of convolution on magic restriction. Well, the solution to that was simple enough. She made a dummy version of the spell which would supress the enchantment, and also keep lighting the runes. She caaarefully ovelayed it onto the cuffs, and.... there we go. One suppressed pair of anti-magic handcuffs. It wasn't perfect, but unless someone took a close look at the spell..... assuming that anyone else here could see magic, it would hopefully be enough to keep people fooled. And hey! It still had all the right glowies.

"Drake," she mutters, "How about we comply with her for now. If she's good enough for the job, I don't want to fight her while we're... under-equipped." Saying 'between us: magic drained, tired, hungy, bruised, and wanting to scratch at her fingers until they bled with how itchy they were' seemed like a bad idea. She hoped he got the idea and/or assumed she had a plan.

She then sighed and gave the man her best pained, irritated smile, something that came very naturally at that moment, and asked, "Behind the back, or is in front fine?"
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor shifted forward, thinking the cat was going for his coat. "Oi! Watch it." He quickly knelt down beside her however, after seeing how exhausted she was, and gives her a light scratch behind the ear. An intelligent talking cat... I'm going to bet on a familiar. 10 gold says it's to this Lisa woman, given it was yer first thought on who to tell.

Alastor became excited as he thought over the possibilities. A wizard, maybe? Or a sorcerer! Or one of those horrorshow-worshipping types... warlock, that's it! He quickly snapped back from his daydreaming, and gave a slight cough. "Ya right there? Not quite the graceful landing I'd expect from a cat. What's yer name, I didn't quite catch it in all the fuss."
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

At the lake:

Wobigub sees the tiny humee, almost as small as him, swimming in the lake.

Delicious!

He hurls his spear toward her, forgetting that sharp wooden sticks don't go much further once they hit water. It may reach far enough to poke or scrape her leg before bobbing to the surface, but nothing more.

Muglee pulled out his rough sling and grabbed a sharp stone out of his rock-pouch, getting ready to try and hurl it toward Liliath with a warbling battle cry.
Adriannu wrote:
While Adriannu obviously couldn't understand the kitsune's words, she honestly didn't need to as her gestures told her more than enough. Though she really did want a quick peek at the room and then she'd be good. Yet just as she turned around to head back to bed, Lisa got in front of her, arms outreached around her, but stopping short of actually touching the Cathera.

At Lisa's request for her to take a seat before she explained what was going on, the child simply said. "Ok." This was followed by her taking a step back and then jumping over Lisa before nonchalantly sitting cross-legged back on the bed again. "All right, I'm on the bed, now tell me what is going on."

Should the nurse start tending to her again during Lisa's explanation, Adriannu would be perfectly behaved and do whatever was asked as long it could be reasonably communicated despite the language barrier.

Lisa turns and stares for a moment at the patient Cathera girl, startled and a little impressed by her calm behavior. A bemused smile crosses her lips.

She returns to the chair by the bed and leans forward. She stares at her hands- still stained by the blood that flowed freely from Adriannu's head not long ago -and wonders how to best word her explanation.

"So...." she begins, trails off, then lifts her head to meet the girl's eyes to try again. "We...are aboard the Magistrate's ship due to an...an incident involving a strange man flying into the cabin." She wraps part one up with a wry laugh, realizing how impossible their situation is. Yet here they are.

"Magistrate Kylarion cast a spell that sent you and I here, but Raven was left behind. You were hit by debris and knocked unconscious, so we brought you here to the ship's medical bay for treatment, and now here we are."

At the end of all that, she lets out a tired sigh. "I'm glad you're okay."
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
Victi has to suppress the urge to snicker at the infuriated dragoness, or from saying something stupid. She focusses on her headache, which would have worked better if it hadn't made her wince.

Eh, hopefully, it would just seem like a reaction to Aurora's frustration.

At Aurora's command, Victi's eyes widen and her eyes snap to the one coming for her.

Oh, just cuffs with 2-3 layers of convolution on magic restriction. Well, the solution to that was simple enough. She made a dummy version of the spell which would suppress the enchantment, and also keep lighting the runes. She caaarefully overlayed it onto the cuffs, and.... there we go. One suppressed pair of anti-magic handcuffs. It wasn't perfect, but unless someone took a close look at the spell..... assuming that anyone else here could see magic, it would hopefully be enough to keep people fooled. And hey! It still had all the right glowies.

"Drake," she mutters, "How about we comply with her for now. If she's good enough for the job, I don't want to fight her while we're... under-equipped." Saying 'between us: magic drained, tired, hungry, bruised, and wanting to scratch at her fingers until they bled with how itchy they were' seemed like a bad idea. She hoped he got the idea and/or assumed she had a plan.

She then sighed and gave the man her best pained, irritated smile, something that came very naturally at that moment, and asked, "Behind the back, or is in front fine?"

Drake looks at her, incredulously, before his eyes flit to the man and the handcuffs then to the not-so-patiently waiting dragoness. He groans and shakes his head, frustrated and more than a little doubtful, but holds his hands to let the thug bind them.

The poor soul dealing with Victi shifts uncomfortably under her intense gaze and toothy grin. "Uh...doesn't matter," he shrugs, staring determinedly at the ground.

Aurora circles around to the other side of the group, any bandits blocking her path scurrying out of the way. "Let's get this over with." She clearly doesn't have a clue Victi might be capable of counteracting her cuffs' enchantments. She heads the gang with an air of absolute confidence that her "guests" are at least weakened, if not totally unarmed.

Alastor Kain wrote:
Alastor shifted forward, thinking the cat was going for his coat. "Oi! Watch it." He quickly knelt down beside her however, after seeing how exhausted she was, and gives her a light scratch behind the ear. An intelligent talking cat... I'm going to bet on a familiar. 10 gold says it's to this Lisa woman, given it was yer first thought on who to tell.

Alastor became excited as he thought over the possibilities. A wizard, maybe? Or a sorcerer! Or one of those horrorshow-worshipping types... warlock, that's it! He quickly snapped back from his daydreaming, and gave a slight cough. "Ya right there? Not quite the graceful landing I'd expect from a cat. What's yer name, I didn't quite catch it in all the fuss."

Raven purrs loudly, giving in to the sweet, sweet bliss of being scratched under the ears. Not too rough, and not stupidily ginger, either. Nice...

"My name?" she grumbles through her purrs. She vaguely remembers she's supposed to be suspicious of strangers and rolls over to study him with half-closed eyes. "What's your name?"
Misc other wrote:
At the lake:

Wobigub sees the tiny humee, almost as small as him, swimming in the lake.

Delicious!

He hurls his spear toward her, forgetting that sharp wooden sticks don't go much further once they hit water. It may reach far enough to poke or scrape her leg before bobbing to the surface, but nothing more.

Muglee pulled out his rough sling and grabbed a sharp stone out of his rock-pouch, getting ready to try and hurl it toward Liliath with a warbling battle cry.

Liliath was simply swimming until she noticed a stick getting trown in the water. She looked up and noticed a weird little man. She realized that this was not a funny man. This man tried to kill her! She thought deep she needed to be smart. She decided to act like the rock had hit her then she acted like she was dead. She holded her shard tight.If this man would jump in the water she would made the water boil.

At the lake:

Muglee's rock had ended up splashing into the water close to her, but not a direct hit, nearly perfecting her disguise. The two goblins happily run to stand in the short shallow area by the edge of the water, and then start throwing crude ropes past her.

Ropes with slightly bulky block of wood on the ends.

Though these goblins cannot swim, they had collectively figured out how to make ways of dragging things floating in the lake toward themselves from shore, and would pull the ropes, hoping the weights would catch on the girl and draw her toward them....

That said, they are still in the water, at least knee deep, and don't notice as it gradually begins to warm....
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Fine then," she says, holding her hands out forward, tapping them together to tell him to hurry up.

After he's done putting them onto her, she asks, "Aren't you supposed to be ordering me forward at spearpoint now or something? Boss-wyrm's already getting a move on."
Liliath was floating on the water. She was laying with her head in the water crying softly. She started cutting her hand open even more, the water started getting warmer and warmer. Liliath herself struggeld to stay with her head underwater. She pushed the ropes a bit away from her.

However she was getting a bit panicked, the water was getting warmer and warmer and she couldn't see if it did what it was supposed to do. Killing the goblins. Liliath decided to stand up and then she climbed out of the water. She was happy with the result "That's what you get for trying to kill me." She said

At the lake:

The goblins scream as their skins begin to boil. A smarter creature would have left the water, but these ones just panicked, eventually being scalded to death.

Sadly, they're far too dead to reply to Liliath when she speaks to them. Fortunately, that also means that they can't retaliate.

One of them actually has a fairly good knife, the sling, stone-pouch, and spear are about the right size for Liliath to use if she would like, and they carry a few small coins between them.
Liliath looked at first with disgust when she realized they were dead, but then (after the water was warm, but not boiling anymore) She jumped in the water and walked to their body's.

"Let's see what you guys got." She grabbed the knife and the spear, she also grabbed the coins and then walked out the water and continued walking. "I've got a knife and coins now i am rich."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus