Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

PLIUMII! >v<

ugh, brb, I need to go shoot that down.
'= v=
Just wanted to let you guys know that I had been very busy over the holiday, but I will be posting again now.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

The first thing on Adriannu's list was the some supplies for making a two person tent. After all, having shelter from the rain would be vitally important during their travels as it could even be the difference between life and death. Yet she didn't approach the merchant selling these supplies immediately and instead chose to listen to his interactions with other customers were so she could get a good idea of their prices. That way, if he tried to cheat her, she could call them out on it and threaten to leave without buying anything.

Luckily things went just fine with this merchant as he made no attempt to cheat her which meant she got the tent without any trouble. She carefully moved off the road to pack away the tent while making sure to keep her foot on the coin pouch to make it difficult for someone to try swiping it while she did so. Having resorted to thievery in the past, she was well aware of what they looked for in a potential mark. As such, the child knew how to make herself look unappealing despite her age by making clear that she was keeping a close eye on her money and occasionally flashing her claws to make it clear that she wasn't without a weapon. Yes, she had her new daggers, but she'd prefer to keep those under wraps if possible.

Once the tent was safely packed away, Adriannu made her way towards a stall that was selling dried foodstuffs while taking care to keep a hand on her coin pouch at all times. Dried foods would be perfect for their trip as they would keep for quite some time and you could carry more of it since it was lighter and more condensed. Just like before, the Cathera didn't actually interact with the merchant at first, instead keeping a bit of a distance so she could observe what he charged his other customers. Only after she was watched a few interactions, did she finally approach herself and attempt to make her own purchase.

Katia wrote:
Just wanted to let you guys know that I had been very busy over the holiday, but I will be posting again now.

All good, friendo. ^v^ Welcome back! <3
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

The merchant had just finished chatting warmly with a couple of mercenary bodyguard looking types, one human and one satyr or faun type individual.

"Hey, take care on the road! You still owe me a drink!" he calls after them with a laugh as Adriannu approaches him.

"Ah, a little missy! I'd guess you're with the caravans, eh? Maybe hunters, ya got that experienced look to ye," he says in greeting with a very pleasant and charming smile, "If yer with hunters I'll buy meats from ye, too, and I'll dry 'em on the cheap if ye want 'em back. Cut out the cost of the meat and all. Anyway, what were ye lookin' for? Meats? Cheese? Fruit? I've got it all. Oh, and honey too."

He plays genuine very well, but she would have noticed that his prices were... less than consistent. He liked to chat with his customers and figure out how much they'd be willing to pay for what he was selling. Usually he went a bit high, but seemed just as happy to chat and be bartered down to something more reasonable by those willing to give it a shot.

His apparent regulars, like those sell-swords, would initiallly be given an outrageous price which they would counter with something much more sane, usually with a laugh. In that case he had offered a "mere 20 gold" for a few pounds of meat and a few jars of dried fruit before happily cutting it down to an expected few silver. That said, his tone was just as serious and truthful with both numbers. While he didn't seem intent on actually harming anyone with his prices, he was still willing to pull a bit of extra profit where he thought he could. Not atypical for a vendor of his type, but also not overtly malicious.
The mention of teleportation gave Isabella a strange, inexplicable apprehension. There was no reason for her to fear it, but as she thought about it she clutched her book to her chest just a little bit tighter. Something inside her told her not to, almost an instinct that forbade such a thing for some primal reason of survival she did not fully understand.

The truth was, if not for this dreadful feeling, teleporting would have been nice. She had walked for what seemed like a bazillion years now and her feet were tired of walking, and her butt was tired of Lucas's boney spine.

"Well," the girl said, working on a way to justify this to herself, "If we teleport I won't know where we are....maybe we should just walk instead?"

The rationalization surprised even Isabella that it made such sense, at least to her. She could probably be convinced to try teleporting, but by and large it would not be her first choice due vastly to this dreadful feeling that came with the idea.
The

@ Isabella

Do you mind if I go ahead and get us to the library in the next post? I don’t feel like they would have much conversation, since Naida is now distracted by both a bug and an undead dog and Ren is... well, Ren.
Thanks for asking!

That's fine with me but you should ask Avi too for one reason only. An undead dog walking into town may cause some stir and since idk how the town is setup I'm not sure how they would react to a clearly reanimated dog with a gaping hole in his side.

If no one is going to react at all I say it's fine, but if theres going to be some kind of reaction to the dog we should only skip to the town's arrival and take it from there to see how Lucas ends up playing out.
The

Okay, I’ll get us to town and then you can get us into the library so you can have some reactions to your weird pup.
Well it's not that I want some weird reactions, it's more of how I'd guess others would react to a dead dog walking around.
Ren (played by The)

“Okay, your call,” Ren sighed, slightly disappointed. Another minute walking with Naida sounded dreadful.

The group of three, okay, four if you count the dog. Maybe five if the mantis stays. Anyway, the group made their way to the city, Ren taking the lead. Naida remained surprisingly quiet, only whispering to and cooing at her new bug pal. Before they knew it, they were standing outside the bustling city of Telmarune. Here, Rne paused, her social anxiety kicking in. How long had it been since she had seen, let alone interacted with, so many people? She stopped in her tracks, just staring at the entrance to the town, fear taking control.
The

And yes Dazz I used “bug pal” for a reason
The

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Well it's not that I want some weird reactions, it's more of how I'd guess others would react to a dead dog walking around.

It would probably be interesting to see
The wrote:
And yes Dazz I used “bug pal” for a reason

Ah, yes. Making the most obscure reference you could possibly make to my favorite show of the week, thank you.

Yeah... you two are gonna have some trouble at the gate.

Isabella has her necromancy license on her, right?

No? oh....

Yeah, you two are gonna have some trouble at the gate. Fortunately, I'm sure lady Thalia would love to meet you. :3
And me to!

she already met you. Go back to not here, Lil. Pliumii likes being back and is in a strafing mood. >v<
Bye! (heads out)

Oh! to Isabella and Ren (and Naida), I'm writing up a guard's reaction about now, on the assumption that you're approaching the gate.
Give me an hour or so and I can post an approach ....have to finish up some work

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus