Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Lastly....that Bear-le joke had me in stitches omg 😂
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Lastly....that Bear-le joke had me in stitches omg 😂

Stems from an actual D&D story. (giggles)
Isabella stood silently while the man spoke, staring up to him nervously like a child being lectured. Lucas had since stopped acting alive again, now just waiting and watching the guard silently.

As the man spoke, Isabella gave Ren a tell tale look of discomfort at the idea of being labeled her apprentice. She just met this woman and wasn't overly fond of the idea of being labeled as being with her necessarily. Again, though, she felt a little shy about saying anything at first.

It was when the guard mentioned how Lucas should remain outside her attention wandered, now looking down sadly at the undead creature. Sure, to many it was just a corpse raised for purpose, without feelings, desires, or anything else an alive dog might have to offer. Still, she identified the creature as something she loved now, and was very reluctant to abandon him. After all....she named this creature. She felt far more comfortable with these dead things around her than living ones, even if they weren't exactly responsive to her affection in most cases.

Looking back to the guard she decided to simply ignore what Ren had claimed about being an apprentice of hers, in the hopes the situation might just go away.

"I just want to go to the library to read about magic artifacts...but I want to bring Lucas still..." she claimed, then looking down to the dog longingly, as though he were an actual pet she had grown up with. She then looked back up to the guard, "He won't hurt anyone I promise, he does everything I ask him to, I just want him to come too! ....please?"
"Blood magic," echoes Cornelius, "that's a grim topic for such a 'good day.' And, thank you, miss Liliath- though I think you- Heavens no, I don't possess a-" he pauses as Thalia interrupts him to chide the young thing, who apologizes and hangs her head, abashed for all but a minute before she tries to change the subject.

More than happy to answer her second question, he lowers himself until he's almost eye-level with the group; when he exhales, another icy cloud of mist washes over them. This is apparently something he doesn't seem to realize he's doing, and the dragon looks surprised when Lisa gasps and stumbles backwards with wide-doe eyes, shivering. He fixes his gaze on her for a moment, his expression harrowed with concern.

"Ma'am, are you...? Oh, I understand. Give me a moment." Rearing up, his body begins to writhe and shrink. Lisa watches, surprised, as within seconds a fair-skinned man with shocking white hair and a neat blue vest replaces the hulking scaly behemoth.

He leans against the counter with casual smile and a warm laugh, "Now, about castles...I can't say off the top of my head, but I promise you even a 'cheap' one will cost a pretty penny." He continues rambling as he walks around the desk to join the three women on the other side. "If you're really curious, I'd be happy to run some numbers for you, little lass. Tell me more about this castle you're thinking about. How big do you want it to be? How great a wall? Built of wood like a very old castle or of strong, sturdy stone- I personally recommend the latter. See, a handful of my fire-breathing cousins may very well burn a wooden castle to the ground without a second thought, you know..." At this point, he crouches down to Liliath's level and trails off long enough for her to answer, apparently forgetting the important business brought to him by Lady Thalia.

Lisa smirks and considers joining in on the castle discussion; she's much more comfortable talking to Liliath and (human)Cornelius than standing awkwardly behind to the High Inquisitor who probably doesn't appreciate the distraction. "Is this the same castle you said we could all live in?"

She laughs a little, thinking about how much fun Raven would have messing with these people, especially Thalia.
The

Wow, Isabella, you don’t even want to associate with my group. Harsh.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

In the Library

"Chief Librarian Cornelius," the Inquisitor sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose as she works to control her tone. It was never wise to become irritable with a dragon, no matter how grandfatherly and harmlessly he presented himself. "Understand that while the edification of these youths on the economics of fortified infrastucture is beneficial, I would appreciate it if you indulged in it once I have the research materials I require available for my review. I will not question how you do your job so long as it is not actively interfering with mine, and so would ask either that another of your staff assist me or that you take the time required to help in my official business. If simply so my presence does not 'sour the mood' as some have claimed it to do."
That's not entirely accurate actually. She literally just met your character and being grouped as an apprentice of Rens gives her the feeling Ren will have some power over Isabella which makes her nervous.

At the gate

The guard sergeant shrugs and says, "Well, that seems like legitimate enough business, but mostly what that means in this case is that it isn't really my decision to let you in or out now. We could keep and eye on him, but I can't choose to let him in with you. Really this one is up to the on-duty inquisitor and the wizard. This one is outside of my pay-grade, as long as you wait for them."

After a few moments he lets out a small sigh and admits, "Look, part of the issue too is, well, not everyone in Telmarune is as accustomed to necromancy as us guards. We deal with enough wizards at that big gathering every year that we're numb to most anything. Some people, though, would try to hurt you for it. The dead are sacred to most folk, and don't like people using someone's family as puppets. Dog like this doesn't do harm, he's still a dog from the look of him, really, but they see it as a slippery slope to becoming... a wrathful lich who raises armies of corpses to attack a country or something. Some people who would never hurt a child would even say 'but she was a necromancer' to excuse trying to hurt you. Some of those people are part of the inquisition."

He snorts at his own joke there before adding, "So I'm not worried about him hurting someone, we all know undead are more obedient than anything alive, I'm worried about people hurting you. And, well, the fact that we aren't allowed to just let a necromancer into the city. Them's the rules."
"Now, now," Cornelius replies with a clicking of his tongue, "You don't need to worry about what your subordinates say; you are- clearly -the life of the party, my Lady." He stands and offers Liliath his hand while Lisa leans against the desk, trying not to laugh by covering her mouth.

"I'll show you to the corridor of history and magic; there you should chance to find some useful documents. An anthology of old relics, perhaps, or some old tome referencing the artifact, though detailed accounts of such an object, so obscure as to be nearly lost to history, are admittedly few and far between." With a gesture, he silently asks them to follow him into the depths of the library.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Jules Geist wrote:
"And should I change into something... less revealing for where we are going?" She asks as she continues to pet Raven. "If you're tired, or when youre tired, you can always sleep on me." She whispers to Raven.

"Ah, much appreciated," she chuckles. "I think I'm good for now! You guys figure out what we're doin'. I'm gonna poke my nose around this alley a bit." She strolls away, down the alley and toward the main street, doing exactly what she said and sticking her nose anywhere it fits (or doesn't). Raven loves all the odd city smells, and does this every time she gets a chance to visit, but right now her exploration carries a singular goal: pick up Lisa's scent, or Adriannu's, or anyone she might know. Heck, she'll even take Selinah! Though for some reason she doesn't think this is the city the old crone was visiting...not that she's sure where she is or where Selinah was headed to begin with.

She raises her head to take a good, long whiff of the air and then releases her breath with a disappointed sigh. The only scents familiar to her nostrils belong to the two strangers she'd come here with. What a shame.
The

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
That's not entirely accurate actually. She literally just met your character and being grouped as an apprentice of Rens gives her the feeling Ren will have some power over Isabella which makes her nervous.

I know, I was just joking 😂. I get it. Ren wouldn’t like it either, but she didn’t want to change the guard’s impression of the group.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
"Blood magic," echoes Cornelius, "that's a grim topic for such a 'good day.' And, thank you, miss Liliath- though I think you- Heavens no, I don't possess a-" he pauses as Thalia interrupts him to chide the young thing, who apologizes and hangs her head, abashed for all but a minute before she tries to change the subject.

More than happy to answer her second question, he lowers himself until he's almost eye-level with the group; when he exhales, another icy cloud of mist washes over them. This is apparently something he doesn't seem to realize he's doing, and the dragon looks surprised when Lisa gasps and stumbles backwards with wide-doe eyes, shivering. He fixes his gaze on her for a moment, his expression harrowed with concern.

"Ma'am, are you...? Oh, I understand. Give me a moment." Rearing up, his body begins to writhe and shrink. Lisa watches, surprised, as within seconds a fair-skinned man with shocking white hair and a neat blue vest replaces the hulking scaly behemoth.

He leans against the counter with casual smile and a warm laugh, "Now, about castles...I can't say off the top of my head, but I promise you even a 'cheap' one will cost a pretty penny." He continues rambling as he walks around the desk to join the three women on the other side. "If you're really curious, I'd be happy to run some numbers for you, little lass. Tell me more about this castle you're thinking about. How big do you want it to be? How great a wall? Built of wood like a very old castle or of strong, sturdy stone- I personally recommend the latter. See, a handful of my fire-breathing cousins may very well burn a wooden castle to the ground without a second thought, you know..." At this point, he crouches down to Liliath's level and trails off long enough for her to answer, apparently forgetting the important business brought to him by Lady Thalia.

Lisa smirks and considers joining in on the castle discussion; she's much more comfortable talking to Liliath and (human)Cornelius than standing awkwardly behind to the High Inquisitor who probably doesn't appreciate the distraction. "Is this the same castle you said we could all live in?"

She laughs a little, thinking about how much fun Raven would have messing with these people, especially Thalia.

"I want a big one, of stone cause otherwise people would destroy it. It doesn't have to be extremly big, but all my friends should be able to live in it." Liliath said with a huge smile. "Yes that one, that's why I am working for Thalia so that I get enough money to buy one." Liliath calmly grabbed his hand "Lisa what kind of castle do you want?'

At the library

Damned smart-mouthed dragon and his mocking sarcasm. Not that she could do anything about it but glower, which she did more than readily.

"Very well," she said dryly, "I will search there, though would appreciate the assistance on one of your staff more familiar with the texts. My time, and the Inquisition's time by extension, are valuable. We have been working to have some of our texts transcribed for the purpose of donating them to you."
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu had noticed that this man's prices were less then consistent, but she wasn't afraid of a good bargaining session especially since it wasn't her money. As she approached, it seemed that he had made the fairly reasonable assumption that she belonged to either the caravans or some hunters. Now not wanting him to ask any further questions about herself, she quickly tried to satisfy any curiosity he might have. "Oh I can hunt with the best of them." The Cathera said, trying to imply that she was with the hunters without actually saying so. The best lie was the truth after all and she truly was an excellent hunter.

Once the small talk had been concluded, Adriannu quickly said what she wanted. "I'm after rice and dried meats and fruits, though I would also be partial to any nuts you have." Cheese and especially honey were expensive and thus were anything, but a practical choice. Nuts on the other hand were very nutritious and could keep for quite a while which made them an excellent choice for a long journey.

Having watched how he did business with the customers before her, the child was quick to copy them, intent to bring down his prices back to the appropriate sums. She still have other things she needed to get such as some good rope, a roll of linen that could be used for mending and cut into strips for bandages as well as a tinderbox.
Just a reminder for those who might not be aware of this....

Rpr will be offline starting in 9ish hours to be updated to the new system. The process will be 24-48 hours before its online again.

I realize most of us might know this but I've met people recently who had no idea this was coming and thought I'd make a quick announcement to this group ^_^
Oh, yeah. That thing!

Do you know if there is an actual risk of us losing character data? In that case, I might wanna back up at least Vincent’s profile...
Here is the thread to help prepare made by kim.

There and in a couple other places she noted it's very unlikely anything wouldnt transfer, and if it didnt she could almost certainly recover it. Still she welcomes anyone to backup their character pages if they're worried.

I believe that post has a link that will help you get a pdf copy of your character? But I'm not positive.

Personally all my characters will be rewritten anyway, and I have a vast amount of faith in Kim so I'm not backing anything up. I doubt I'll loose anything and personally doubt anyone will (at least permanently)

(Note, my characters are not going to be changing...when j saw rewritten I really mean updated)
Thanks!

Yeah, I’ve been thinking of rewriting some of my character profiles too, not because I want to change the characters but because their profiles are just kind of dull. Vinny, though, I like what I did with his profile.
Theres going to be so many new options and features and I need to update them all anyway, this is a perfect time for me to get them all updated with the new features and such just how I want them! I'm stoked!
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Not sure if anyone's been excitedly sitting on reply ideas, or if you're all playing with new character settings right now, but either way let's have some fun now that the site is all upgraded! ^v^/)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus