Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Naida (played by The)

“Well,” Naida said, much happier now, “Where even is this Inquisition? We’ve been standing here for a while, just waiting on them.”
The sad sulking expression smeared across Isabella's face hearing the guard speak of harm that could be done to her by simply bringing Lucas into the town. Her lip sunk in, not quite quivering as she turned to look at the husky but any observer could see this was having a bit of an emotional impact on her.

Ren pulled her off to the side and the child reluctantly followed, hanging her head while she walked knowing already what the woman was going to say.

To most, it was a reanimated corpse, an emotionless tool even, utilized for a purpose...a means to reach a particular goal or fill a gap. The girl saw this creature vastly differently, though. The purpose was companionship, the goal was a friend, and the gap Lucas filled was an empty place in her heart she'd worked to close for a long time now. She didnt figure Lucas was going to be okay outside alone either, and as she came to this realization and heard what Ren was saying, she worked herself towards a decision she was finding difficult to accept.

Turning away from Ren, Isabella fell in front of Lucas upon her knees, and letting the boom fall foward onto his legs, she reached up and wrapped her arms around the undead dogs neck and squeezed him in a tight hug.

The dog merely moved his head inward towards her, a mechanical mockery of a return in her affection, which didnt take a conjurer to decipher was likely an instruction from Isabella.

She pulled back and sniffled to herself, reaching up and unbuckling the belt around his upper body slowly and preparing to summon him, blatantly ignoring Ren and the guard at this point.
No problem @The

Curious, are we going to be seeing this mage/inquisition at the gate soon do you know?
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

With whaever you're planning, I think imminently. (giggles) ~v^
Evelyn dips her head to the Inquisitor and practically gallops down the corridor, only slowing to the leisurely pace she'd been granted permission to take once safely out of the group's sight.

Lisa takes the second book in the sack, simply titled Crafts, Cults and Curses: the Clear Connection Between the Three, and opens it to the first chapter. It's then she comes across another hinderance to her field research. The letters on the page fade in and out of focus as the chimera struggles to adjust her eyes- literally; it's only through minor shapeshifting she isn't too farsighted to read.

She squints for a moment. Then she squeezes her eyes shut, pinching the bridge of her nose and bowing her head, struggling to concentrate between Thalia's hardened gaze and Liliath's complaints. There! Her eyes fly open, slitted pupils widening to dark, pained circles. Even such a minor spell threatens to split her head open right now. It's a problem she knows the solution to- her weary body's been begging for it since after the exploding cabin -but she can't exactly ask the Inquisitor for a nap.

She can, however, ask for a little bit of silence.

"Child," her voice is clipped, carefully measured, as she speaks to Liliath. "The High Inquisitor and I are undertaking a very important task, something which may be a matter of life or death for...for all of us. Please, let us work." She returns to the book, flipping through what turns out to be a bombastic introduction to the actual first chapter.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

At the gate

"I'm hoping reeeaaal soon. I'd rather not keep you waiting," The sergeant sighs, "Just depends on how long it takes my boys to find 'em....."

He looks up as a young man comes hurtling over the wall, curving back toward it mid flight and sliding down it. He lands in a mild heap on the ground near Ren and Isabella before popping back up as if nothing had happened.

"Oh hey! Zombie dog! That must be why you wanted us, eh sarge?" the round-faced fellow calls, "The pin poker here yet?"

The sergeant smirks and calls back, "Remember to ask before petting this one, Geoffrey!" He looks back toward Naida before quipping, "Wizard got here first. Fortunately for all of you. His head is a bit in the clouds, but he's good. Hopefully that mean Mal is the inquisitor out today... he's less of a pain than the rest."

Meanwhile, Geoff is doing his best to make friends with the two less social people. "Heya! Name's Geoffrey, but everyone calls me Geoff. I'm just gonna take some looks at things before the inquisitor shows up, yunno? Be able to let them know that you're all chill, and that there's no reason to worry. That sound good all of you guys?" He asks, blowing some limp hair out his face while he adjusts his uncomfortably green robe. The material seems nice enough, but the colour is awful. In a way, though, it manages to add to his friendly demeanour, despite not being enjoyable to look at in it's hyper-intense verdantness.

At the Library

"Liliath, if you are not yet experienced with reading, I would encourage practise," Thalia advises, shockingly taking on a much softer tone, "It is the only way to improve in a skill, and literacy is the most pure form of power. Spreading of knowledge and ideals is the way for all to learn from one, and one to learn from all, no matter where or when the one and all are. With that in mind, I encourage you to take one of the books.... say, this history, of artifacts, and look through it. Find something you think would be interesting to display in your future castle, and tell me about it in a little while. Tell me what it does, who created it, if that is known, and what would make you wish to either hold it yourself or keep it safe from the hands of others. If you have a story to accompany that, you may tell it as long as you remember to give the facts about it first."

She presents the book to Liliath and, if it is accepted, she goes back to reading with a smug smile on her face. She might not know much about caring for children, but she knew plenty about training initiates...
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

Alastor Kain wrote:
Alastor nodded towards Jules. "S'alright. Brandis is a tough one to work around. Bastard's friendly enough to gain people's favour, and focused enough to almost never slip up." Alastor let out a snicker. "Almost."

"Next destination is in the slums. Yer travelling with me, so you oughta be right. Plenty of cats around for you to interact with too, Raven. I mean, if that's a thing yeh do. Never really looked into the life of familiars. No need to change either. If anyone causes trouble, they deserve whatever gets beat into 'em, if yeh feel the need." Alastor smiled, imagining the situation should anyone even try.

"Come on then, home's this way." Alastor started moving through the backalleys of the city, taking every opportunity to pass unnoticed when he can.

"Pssh!" Raven trots back to them with a dismissive wave of her paw. "Those speechless alley cats got no business with the likes of me." She giggles and bounces around the two-leggeds' heels as they journey to the slums. Realizing that, Raven starts humming and pouncing and sniffing around, brimming with excitement. She's not seen any slums since befriending Lisa; they've never needed to visit one, and Lisa's shamefully not the slightest bit curious about what the slums are like. The closest the cat has ever gotten since her kittenhood was scavenging the alleys behind markets and butcher's shops while Liz and her mother bought or bartered for groceries.
Misc other wrote:
At the Library

"Liliath, if you are not yet experienced with reading, I would encourage practise," Thalia advises, shockingly taking on a much softer tone, "It is the only way to improve in a skill, and literacy is the most pure form of power. Spreading of knowledge and ideals is the way for all to learn from one, and one to learn from all, no matter where or when the one and all are. With that in mind, I encourage you to take one of the books.... say, this history, of artifacts, and look through it. Find something you think would be interesting to display in your future castle, and tell me about it in a little while. Tell me what it does, who created it, if that is known, and what would make you wish to either hold it yourself or keep it safe from the hands of others. If you have a story to accompany that, you may tell it as long as you remember to give the facts about it first."

She presents the book to Liliath and, if it is accepted, she goes back to reading with a smug smile on her face. She might not know much about caring for children, but she knew plenty about training initiates...

"Okay sounds like fun!" Liliath took the book out her hand and then sat down and started slowly reading it. "The N-a, N-a, Naen-u ar-ti, arti- fact." Liliath read out loudly, well she read the next sentence queitly to herself.
Ren (played by The)

Misc other wrote:
At the gate

"I'm hoping reeeaaal soon. I'd rather not keep you waiting," The sergeant sighs, "Just depends on how long it takes my boys to find 'em....."

He looks up as a young man comes hurtling over the wall, curving back toward it mid flight and sliding down it. He lands in a mild heap on the ground near Ren and Isabella before popping back up as if nothing had happened.

"Oh hey! Zombie dog! That must be why you wanted us, eh sarge?" the round-faced fellow calls, "The pin poker here yet?"

The sergeant smirks and calls back, "Remember to ask before petting this one, Geoffrey!" He looks back toward Naida before quipping, "Wizard got here first. Fortunately for all of you. His head is a bit in the clouds, but he's good. Hopefully that mean Mal is the inquisitor out today... he's less of a pain than the rest."

Meanwhile, Geoff is doing his best to make friends with the two less social people. "Heya! Name's Geoffrey, but everyone calls me Geoff. I'm just gonna take some looks at things before the inquisitor shows up, yunno? Be able to let them know that you're all chill, and that there's no reason to worry. That sound good all of you guys?" He asks, blowing some limp hair out his face while he adjusts his uncomfortably green robe. The material seems nice enough, but the colour is awful. In a way, though, it manages to add to his friendly demeanour, despite not being enjoyable to look at in it's hyper-intense verdantness.

Ren looked on with confusion as Isabella turned away, ignoring her words. She really didn’t want to ask this child to abandon her dog; she understood completely how attached you can get to someone, even if that someone is more of a something. Instead of trying to continue her conversation with the girl, she turned to talk to the strangely enthusiastic man that had just fallen nearby.
“Yes, hello, er... Geoff. I’m Ren. The small yapping fairy is Naida, and the child is Isabella. We just want to get to the library for some studies as soon as possible.”
I'll admit the thought of rolling for darkness occurred to me here lol but I'm guessing that's not going to help the whole necromancer dark mage try not to kill a child routine here ha! The emotional pull could rationalize the roll I think, but I'm not sure if I want to go that direction or not.
Naida (played by The)

As the magician came over the wall, Naida became excited to have someone new to talk to. She grew slightly unhappy when the new arrival went to speak to Ren and Isabella instead, but she flew over anyway. She hovered right next to the magician’s head as he spoke to Ren, listening to their conversation.
Naida got a feeling from Ren telepathically that she should back off, but she ignored it, hoping to be acknowledged by Geoff.
The

Could be really interesting, but would definitely not help your whole not-getting-killed thing.

At the gate

Geoff nods in response to Ren, scratching at his chin a bit while he considers what to say.

"Yeah, yeah that's fair. The dragon's good, he'll help you find whatever you're looking to read up on," he answers, looking off into the distance while he considers the thought, "I'm sure the guard-man asked you a couple questionés already, but I've got a few to ask as well. Since you're magic-types, it's kinda my expertise. So, the first things are preeetty simple. I'd just like to know your magical specializations, if you're associated with any colleges or guilds that might have certifications you could show, the deal with that sweet spellbook, I bet that's what you're researching here, and, uh... if she normally does that or if she needs some help. If it matters at all, I'd be cool with watchin' the dog while you all are in town."

He gestures to the miserable Isabella with that last statement, looking genuinely concerned about her wellbeing.

He ignores Naida, but seems to have stuck his elbow out as if waiting for a hawk to land, possibly (read: probably) offering her a seat if she would like.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Roll! Roll! Roll! Roll! : D

(heheheheheheheh)
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

goddammitVicti. >v<
yeah that would probably be a recipe for disaster XD

Isabella wouldn't attack anyone, but I don't think the local guards would be very confident of that fact and if they decided to attack her first it could get ugly lol I need to respond to a pm then I'll get a response posted for this, one which hopefully doesn't get Isabella killed this early in the rp XD
Naida (played by The)

Naida looked confused at the man as he stuck out his elbow. Why was he standing in such an awkward position, and why was he ignoring her? She grew increasingly frustrated until she realized his intentions and happily took a seat on his arm, setting her preying mantis beside her.
Isabella stalled her arms on Lucas' belt hearing the guard offer to watch him. The thought was tempting, but held it's own concerns. She was aware there was a range she could keep the husky under control, but wasn't completely sure what that range was. What happened if she entered the city and lost that control? Would he attempt to wildly reach her again? Would he simply wander off? Or would he become rabid and territorial and attack those nearby unprovoked and for no reason. The guards knew it was her dog, and she would likely face punishment for whatever he did without her nearby.

Taking a deep breath, her face straightened out, and she pulled the belt off of Lucas. She wrapped it around her waist twice before securing it with the four bags hanging off the sides still. Even for a nine year old, Isabella was quite small. She pulled the book back up to her chest and stared into Lucas' eyes, who stared back blankly. Still, she felt like she saw understanding in them, even if she was unaware she was projecting that understanding herself.

She stood up and turned to the guard, the dog following her closely and pushing his upper body against her hip when she stopped. "Okay.... she said softly, "...you can watch him."

The delicacy of her voice was evidence in itself she knew she was taking a risk, but the other option was to unsummon her best friend, and she wasn't yet prepared to do that if there was a chance she could retrieve him later. She sniffles one last time and stares up to the Geoff, awaiting his response, having not recalled all of what questions he asked.

Seeing Nadia land and place her Mantis on his arm, however, was just a little much in the current circumstance. Her eyes quickly moved to the mantis, then to Nadia, and before she knew she was saying anything, she spoke. "Can I have my mantis back?" she asked lightly.
Lisa raises an eyebrow as Thalia waxes poetically about the power of knowledge to an eight-to-ten year old girl, surprised at how soft she manages to be. Her first impressions of the woman being something of a bully, she expected something...harder. Then again, the Inquisition must be well-versed in all manner of persuasion, from brute force to gentle approaches such as this. She shrugs, privately relieved when the High Inquisitor's tactic actually works, and goes back to her research.

She skims most of the chapters; they're mostly organized by specific artisan crafts so far, so clay crafts like the vase should have a chapter of its own. She breaks out a hopeful smile when she finally comes across it.

The chapter, she has to get a few pages in to find any mention of the vase, a grueling task for someone in her condition, but she manages it nonetheless.

The paragraph reads as follows:

"Perhaps one of the oldest and most enigmatic of ancient clay artifacts is known most commonly as the Bloodied Vase, though in present day knowledge of it beyond hushed whispers and myths is far from common. Legend has it the multi-colored ceramic vase, made of several pieces defined by a silver-and-gold alloy, was shattered. Its pieces, each one holding a great power of its own, were then scattered to the wind and lost to history..."

Interesting, though so far this isn't much she doesn't know or couldn't guess. She keeps reading. The section goes on to discuss rumors and some of the aforementioned myths involving the Bloodied Vase. The author admits that several of these ideas remain unsubstantiated by modern archeology, so nothing this book says should be taken at face value. At one point, it suggests that to unlock the true power of the artifact, it must be sacrificed to a Draconian virgin. That's...exactly what it says. Reassemble and then shatter the vase in the presence of a maiden dragon to gain a power "unlike any seen in the world's history," at the cost of cursing the poor maiden's future children and their children and so on and so forth.

Sounds...fake, but so do foxlike aliens and ships that could soar alongside stars, yet she's seen the foxes and been on one of their ships. Nothing's totally impossible; Lisa marks this page of rumors for later reference then sets the book aside. She leans back into her chair, closing her eyes and rubbing her temple, taking a moment to prepare for further reading.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus