Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

"Well you are Victi and I don't know who else you could be." Liliath looked genuinly confused, but then realized who it could be, the sorceress.

If it was true it could be either bad or good. It could be good cause then she could pass information to Thalia and it could be bad cause maybe she was forced to give her shard away.

She decided to ignore the fact that Victi could be the sorceress. As long she would not say anything about the deal with Thalia, nothing worser then this situation could happen.

However Liliath felt upset by the situation, she had told a secret to Victi. Despite saying sorry to Lisa, she still felt bad. With each step they took further, Liliath walked slower and looked more and more upset. She was about to burst in tears and make a fuss.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Well, given that you haven't told me your name, and 'Miss Adeptus' sounds cludgy to say all the time, I came up with something easy. If you don't like it, the solution's simple," Victi retorts to Lisa with a bemused smirk as they walk.

Victi is quiet for a little bit then, thinking. What was the chimera's involvement if she wasn't a shard.... person? She knew about them, knew about Victi.... So she'd obviously gotten the memo somehow, and not from the little girl, unless Liliath was an incredibly skilled liar, which seemed.... like too much of a complication to work around and very unlikely, so she discounted the option for now. So, another shard holder. She had some involvement with the Inquisition, but she didn't seem the type, and from what Drake had said, they were absolutely a type.

Wait. It seemed like a massive coincidence, but her first encounter on this world was....

"You didn't happen to be turning tricks a few nights ago and get hired by a blonde-furred, bronze skinned male chimera mercenary, did you?" she asks Lisa, slightly quietly, "Because if so that would make things a lot simpler."
She narrows her eyes, considering Victi's suggestion, before deliberately deciding not to share her full name. Instead, she takes a moment to tend to the child who's started dragging behind her.

"Liliath, what's..." The child's lips are quivering. Her downcast eyes glisten wet with unshed tears.

The chimera crouches by her, setting her library books under her knee, and gently lifts Liliath's chin so their eyes meet. "Hey, hey," she says gently. "It's okay; we're going to be fine." She surprises herself with how much she means it. She has to, probably, for sanity's sake.

She opens her arms for a hug, and afterwards, whether the child takes the offer or not, she raises her head sharply at Victi's question. Turning tricks...?

She gently covers Liliath's ears before replying, "Did...did you just ask me if I was a prostitute?" Her voice pitches up a little, and her pallid face flushes red at the indignation and shock. This situation just continues to get more and more frustratingly convoluted; her worst nightmare as of a little over a day ago comes true...then invites her to chat over drinks at a tea parlor, allegedly after having a rough day herself, and now apparently she thinks Lisa's a harlot, which most frankly she finds more insulting than usual given her current mood.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi steps back, raising her hands slightly and overall looking somewhat embarrassed herself, though her illusiory disguise doesn't blush.

"H-heh, sorry, actually had nothing to do with what I've seen of you, hell if I know what they look like, too. I just happen to be fairly sure that one of the others involved here was with one when he got the message. It would explain how you know about stuff without having one of them yourself," Victi explains hurriedly, realizing that any fearsomeness her reputation had here has probably damn near evaporated by this point.

"Look, let's just call that a bad logic tree I took and move on? Maybe?" she suggests in a way very much not befitting an apparently indomitable sorceress, "Look I swear there's nothing about your appearance or demeanor that would outwardly suggest it."
Lisa Adrean Adeptus wrote:
She narrows her eyes, considering Victi's suggestion, before deliberately deciding not to share her full name. Instead, she takes a moment to tend to the child who's started dragging behind her.

"Liliath, what's..." The child's lips are quivering. Her downcast eyes glisten wet with unshed tears.

The chimera crouches by her, setting her library books under her knee, and gently lifts Liliath's chin so their eyes meet. "Hey, hey," she says gently. "It's okay; we're going to be fine." She surprises herself with how much she means it. She has to, probably, for sanity's sake.

She opens her arms for a hug, and afterwards, whether the child takes the offer or not, she raises her head sharply at Victi's question. Turning tricks...?

She gently covers Liliath's ears before replying, "Did...did you just ask me if I was a prostitute?" Her voice pitches up a little, and her pallid face flushes red at the indignation and shock. This situation just continues to get more and more frustratingly convoluted; her worst nightmare as of a little over a day ago comes true...then invites her to chat over drinks at a tea parlor, allegedly after having a rough day herself, and now apparently she thinks Lisa's a harlot, which most frankly she finds more insulting than usual given her current mood.

When her chin got lift up Liliath looked away she was way to ashamed with what she had done.
She wanted to believe Lisa, but she did not really think they were going to be fine. This Victi person made her scared and nervous. That couldn't be a good sign.

Liliath shrugged, but didn't hug Lisa like she usual would do. Then her ears got coverd, she knew why. 2 Adults were talking about adult things or about her.

She hoped it was adult things and not about her. If they talked about her and she wasn't allowed to hear it then it was bad.
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor nods. "As he says Jules, come into the study with us an' we can start discussing things. Seems our friend here has some questions he needs to answer." Alastor waits for everyone to enter the room before closing the door behind them and locking it. "Alright. Now, what did we want to discuss first?"
Urug (played by frostwyrmm)

Urug straightens up and lets out a slight cough, allowing himself to relax and drop his simpleton act. "I believe I can start the conversation. Firstly, I'd like to welcome you all to our sanctuary. You all must have made a great impression on Al to have him trust you so. I do apologise for whatever trouble he has caused you in your travels thus far, he can be reckless at the best of times."

Urug continues to talk as Alastor begins cussing and claiming that he's done nothing wrong. "Secondly, it seems you all have a common purpose at hand, thanks to our guest here. I'd like to invite you all to take a seat and take time to discuss. I'm sure all of us would like some answers. Given that we only have three seats, Alastor will have to stand." More complaints are heard from Alastor. "Now Kylarion, the floor is yours, so to speak." Urug takes a step back, smiling slightly. Oh, I've always wanted to announce a gathering!
"Oh, right. Sorry I'm just admiring the place." She says with a ditsy look. She didnt exactly want people to see her as a threat or really much of anything since when she does act knowledgable and honest people tend to dislike her. She wanted to wait and surprise people with her intelligence when it was needed.

She takes a seat and chuckles at Alastors complaints. "If youd like you can have my seat. Thatll just mean I will have to sit on someone's lap." She meant as a joke as she smiles softly.

After whatever happens from that happens she then focuses and listens to everyone. She didnt exactly have a specific question or anything she just knew she had to protect something.
Naida (played by The)

“Isabella!” Naida shouted at her friend, being sure to put herself in the way of any harm to Geoff. “He tried to help us out there, and he got himself hurt trying. Just calm down and let us help him.”
The fairy slowly approached Isabella. Reaching out carefully, she grabbed the child’s extended hand, trying to ignore the glowing spell aimed at Geoff. “I know you’re scared,” she whispered, probably only heard by Isabella, “but you’re safe now.”
Isabella's head snapped to Nadia when she called her name, watching carefully with eyes that seemed to no longer require blinking as she approached.

The child made no hostile actions towards Nadia, simply watching as the fairy reached out and took her arm. The spell even faded as Isabella allowed her to relieve her arms position, and she looked from her to Geoff for a moment as they lay there cowering on the ground.

She liked Nadia, and was developing a trust for her out of this friendship. Geoff wasn't someone she knew, either. Nadia's opinion was more important to her than her need to kill this Geoff figure if what the two were saying was true. She'd vastly rather keep Nadia as a friend than she would enjoying Geoff's death.

She looked back to Nadia, her face still largely lacking expression. "What happened? How did we get here?" she asked with the same confident yet ethereal voice. She didn't trust Geoff, but she trusted Nadia, and so she gave up her attempts to kill him....at least for now.
Naida (played by The)

“Ren teleported us to our home,” Naida replied, still hesitant. “We brought Geoff because he was hurt. And that fuzzy guy that grabbed you, but that was on accident,” she added, meaning Drake. “So... are you okay?”
"Home...." Isabella echoed Nadia's statement, turning her head about and considering the inside of the caverns. She couldn't judge....she would have loved to exchange her house for this cave. Her dwelling she remained at for many years, surrounded by him the judgmental hatred of those who would eventually kill her.

She shook her head, casting the thought from her mind. Clearly she was misremembering that.

She looked back to Nadia, then raised her opposite hand and opened her palm. Looking down, she stared a moment at the shard, the blood artifact the guards had turned on them for. She looked up at Nadia again, then to Geoff, and again back to Nadia as she put the pieces in her head together.....he might know something.

"We should question him about the shard," Isabella said, and rather than simply driving off to do just that, she waited. She stared at Nadia expectant of her answer, as if asking her friends permission to question the subject.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

At the orphanage

Kylarion straightens, Urug's introduction bringing him very much into the head-space of counsel meetings, policy sessions, and past strategic meetings.

"I am here to discuss the situation at hand with you in more detail, answering what questions I can, clarifying points that I had made in my message, and so on, as well as providing more.... tangible assistance," he explains to Jules and Alastor, speech efficient and authoritative, I believe that I have procured appropriate equipment based on the data we have been able to gather about you from observation., but if you could tell me what would be most useful to you in terms of equipment, within reason, I will verify it. In the worst case I will endeavour to acquire it and deliver it to you. Raven, you yourself I do not have anything ready for, but will plan to correct for that now that you and your mistress have been separated."
Naida (played by The)

Naida started to reply, but stopped herself when she sensed Ren. Naida, we still need to deal with the other “kidnappee,” too, Ren communicated telepathically. But maybe he would respond better to you?

Though nervous about leaving her friend and buddy together with this tension, Naida nodded in response to both Ren and Isabella. “Yes, we should see what he knows, but I have to deal with our fuzzy guy. Ren will stay with you. Just be nice while I’m gone, okay?”
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu was now in a good mood, she had finished her shopping without further incident and had everything she had hoped to get, though it had used up nearly all of the money Lisa had given her. Now all she needed to do was head back to the meeting place and wait for her. Hopefully the Chimera was done or nearly done with her search in the library so she wouldn't have to wait long for her.

Yet she never actually made it to the meeting place as the cathera ended up spotting Lisa with a little girl who looked to be around her age and what seemed to be another Chimera. What was Lisa doing here with those people and traveling in the opposite direction of the agreed upon meeting place? What left her even more confused, but also wary was Lisa's body language as she looked ready to piss herself right then and there and that was clearly a bad sign if she had ever seen one. Clearly something bad was going on, though what exactly that was, she couldn't be sure. It was possible that Vitci was involved, she had been concerned about the possibility of their enemy showing up for the exact same thing Lisa had been after. However if it was indeed Victi, surely Lisa wouldn't be letting a random kid hang around her right? The kitsune would have no interest in any kids besides her....though it was possible the girl also had a shard, but really, what were the odds that another kid had a shard and they ended up in the same city, happened to cross paths before finally running into Victi? It just sounded far too absurd. No perhaps this other Chimera was either a very scary and domineering relative, or maybe a very loved one that Lisa doesn't want to have in the line of fire? They had seen that explosion earlier after all and either explanation would allow for the presence of the other little girl. Of course it could end up being something else altogether, but she wasn't going to find out by doing nothing.

"Mom! I finished the shopping just like you asked me to do! I still can't believe you are taking me to go see grandma and grandpa! I didn't think I'd ever get to see them again after mom and dad died." She promptly ran over while yelling like any other excitable little kid might do. Then as if finally noticing the other Chimera, looked at her before tilting her head with clear confusion. "Mom is this lady a relative of yours I haven't met yet?"

There now she was in the mix having established herself as Lisa's "daughter," clearly an adopted one thanks to her mention of her dead parents and their clearly separate races. They were also apparently planning a journey to her "grandparents" which would explain why she was carrying such a big bag and could also be useful on the extremely off chance this was Victi or someone connected to her. Since surely any good mother would want to get their child out of harm's way by taking them and then leaving them somewhere safe. That would also establish that she wasn't really involved in the shard business as she was just the kid of someone who was. Then if it was just a relative, then her question about her being one she hadn't met before would cover for her story.
Liliath then noticed a young girl about the same age of her.
She looked a little nervous -and still very upset- to Lisa, she grabbed Lisa's hand quickly.
But when this girl started talking she grew confused. Did Lisa had a child? It couldn't be this girl didn't even look like Lisa.
The girl had been shopping for Lisa and they were going to her grandparents. Lisa hadn't mentioned that at all, but maybe she didn't want to discuss that with her. Maybe Lisa had discussed that with Victi, but why wasn't she allowed to hear it?

Liliath decided to wait what Lisa was going to say to her supposed child.
Lisa rises to her feet, slowly, brow furrowed in confusion as the tables seem to turn in her favor. Victi steps back, hands raised as she apologizes with a nervous chuckle. The chimera doesn't quite buy the apology- this could definitely be a cruel and clever mind game -but its awkward delivery bolsters her enough to shoot Victi a cold glare and jab a finger at her chest.

"Of all the indignities I've suffered since-" A familiar voice cuts through the crowd. Lisa stops and turns around to see Adriannu galloping toward them with a huge grin on her face, calling Lisa her mom. She shrinks away from Victi, a brief surge of bewildered panic seizing her; she had hoped to meet her companion after removing the threat. But now, she'd have to handle the sorceress with two children in tow.

At least the cathera girl is relatively competent, setting up a lie that should keep herself out of danger, if not help them get away.

"That's great, Adri!" she calls out with a strained smile, hoping a nickname would sell her given role. As Liliath grabs her hand, she gently rubs her thumb against the child's little palm and turns her smile toward her, trying to communicate that the other girl is a friend, before letting go to embrace her "daughter."

She crouches and pulls Adriannu into a tight hug and asks, "The shopping went well, right?" This question is genuine; she has to know nothing went wrong on her side.

"Oh, this is..." she skips over Liliath, figuring they could work her into the lie as a second daughter, and gestures at the disguised Victi. "This is..."

She isn't nearly as good at lying, and can't come up with something she knows Victi will go along with. For all she can tell, the huntress would gladly drop the disguise by introducing herself honestly just to get another scare.

So instead of introducing her- for lack of a better word -acquaintance, Lisa picks her library books off the ground. "Do you have room in your backpack to hold these?"
Other (played by DazzlingDragon)

In the Caverns

Geoff's hands fall and clutch his chest as Isabella lets her arm drop, the lights of her spell fading as, while his pleas seem to fall on deaf ears, the fairy's defense of him gives her pause. He heaves a sigh of relief and very slowly pushes himself up off the ground. He starts back away from Isabella, freezing when her filmy black eyes snap back to him. He shivers at the mention of "questioning."

"I can't tell you much about that thing," he says. "It's obviously an old blood magic artifact, but that's not exactly my area of expertise, you get me?"
The whole situation made Liliath more and more confused. However Lisa clearly knew this girl, that was good then the girl wasn't scary and would not be mean.

Lisa gave the girl a nickname, so that seemed to mean that the 2 knew each other longer. Lisa at least went along with the mother and dautgher thing.

When Lisa left her with Victi to hug Adri, Liliath quickly walked after Lisa. She was scared that Victi was going to do scary creepy sorceress who wants shards things.
Isabella stared at Nadia while she spoke. The girl offered no visual or verbal confirmation to the fairy, but inwardly she agreed. A glance was offered then to Ren before she looked at, then approached Geoff.

Having apparently heard her, he began answering immediately. Had he been through this before? Isabella certainly hadn't planned on torturing the information out of him, at least no more than the psychological torture she may have been inflicting on him unintentionally. She paused a few feet away from him, glaring through him with her gloss black eyes.

"Then what of the sorceress? The one who seeks these artifacts....what do you know of her?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus