Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor let out a deep sigh. "So yer willing to offer us clothes and weapons? Hell, I'll take any kind of advantage yeh can get me, but I got to know, can the gear be traced back to you or yer kind? Ain't much good if she can pick out the fancy far-realm knives from the local ones." Alastor draws one of his own daggers as if to emphasise his point. "And if that happens, I can guarantee my skills become a lot more limited."

"As fer other questions, yeah, I've got a big one." Alastor stared unblinking towards the Magistrate, a dark expression showing itself. "Yeh said she won't attack here. I need yer assurance of that. The fact that you're here doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in their safety, 'specially if she has an accomplice that knows their way around. So I need you to say it, with absolute certainty. If she shows up here, will my family be safe?"
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"An interesting question indeed," Kylarion muses, "if I can acquire powdered metal, I can use a spell to coat the majority of the exposed composite with metal, which should at least hide them physically. As for enchantments, they are... not of a tradition I think she will recognize , I have found a somewhat exotic style to be most comfortable for me for enchanting. She may notice them to be very sophisticated and different from the local structure, but she also does not know the nature of wizardry elsewhere in this world. As long as she does got acquire the weapons, which I doubt she would try to do, I would be surprised if she could identify them. While they are stowed away, I am willing to say that I am confident that she could not tell the difference. That said, I will see if I can have some appropriate powdered steel sent to me before I leave."

"To address your most pressing concern now, Alastor," he begins. As he starts to speak, he touches his eyes to remove the contact lenses he wears, removing any obstruction to his eyes created by the coloured lenses or the small projections of his AR overlay. Once they are out, he locks eyes with Alastor, the golden yellow of his eyes now sharper, and a fine ring of violet visible at the outside of his iris. When he speaks, it is clear and confident. "All of the not insignificant data we have suggests that she will actively avoid bringing children into the line of fire. They are not valid prey to a good hunter, which she considers herself to be, and a good hunter avoids killing those who are not their prey. There are two other factors as well, and all combined mean I can assure you that she will not bring harm to the people here, even if she were where I am right now."

"Do remember, though that this is within reason," he warns, re-inserting his contacts once Alastor seems satisfied with his words, "If she comes and falls under attack by you, expect her to defend herself with all of the risks that entails. She may avoid collateral damage, but a stray spell or sword strike is as lethal as an intentionally aimed one. Also, please avoid giving more shards to children. There are three child shard-bearers in play, and I cannot guarantee that she will not decide to treat blood-mage and child as mutually exclusive titles if she finds that relationship to be a trend. I do not wish to see the consequences of that."
She listens to all of this. She imagined all these happy faces. All the children here. Her heart sunk as she thought of something bad happening to them. She loves children. She herself had her own secret and holds her chest. "I will fight for these children if she tries anything. Get them to safety if it comes down to it. Whatever I can do." She says with a fire in her eye and determination in her voice.
Naida (played by The)

Drake Leonardis wrote:
Drake's current appearance, a lean, mean, and thick-coated mesh between his normal and shifted form, probably helps in warranting the title "fuzzy buddy." He'd been using some extra senses- namely smell and his sensitive whiskers -to look for a potential exit. He's following the faintest of drafts toward somewhere hopefully outside when Naida finds him.

His head snaps around to half-face her, the beginning of a snarl on his lips. His fully-shifted eyes reflect the dim torchlight much in the same way a cat's would in the dead of night.

"Who are you?" He snaps, because he can't say he remembers seeing a little fae creature out on that gate.

The fairy jumped back at the snarl, but she immediately smiled when seeing his face. The whiskers and additional fur on his face made him appear even more cat-like, and Naida resisted the urge to run over and pet him.

“I’m Naida, and I live here. Sorry we kidnapped you; I promise it was an accident. See, we just wanted to escape the magic-fight-thing. If you come with me, I can get you food and introduce you to everyone.” As she spoke, she slowly approached the fuzzy guy. “So, who are you?” She couldn’t resist any more; she slowly stuck out her hand in an attempt to stroke his ear.
The corners of his lips twitch as Naida approaches him. He resists the urge to growl or literally snap at her as she explains the situation while cautiously reaching out to pet him. Drake settles on raising his hand to block her, meanwhile leveling the fairy with a cold glare and overall looking thoroughly unimpressed with her apology. "How do you accidentally kidnap someone?"
Lisa freezes at the entryway to the parlor. She was pale before, but now every last drop of color seems to drain from her face. She tries to pull Adriannu close to her, protective like a legitimate mother should be and so impulsively that it shouldn't read as a scripted action.

Rendered speechless by a threat which, to her, came out of nowhere, all she can do to confess to the lie is shake her head. She looks desperately at Adriannu, not realizing Victi cast some variety of a silencing spell to keep it between them and so assuming the children also heard. Her eyes are wide. Her mouth hangs ever so slightly open. Lisa's throat tightens as she resists the urge to cry out for help and take off into the street, dragging the girls with her.
Naida (played by The)

Drake Leonardis wrote:
The corners of his lips twitch as Naida approaches him. He resists the urge to growl or literally snap at her as she explains the situation while cautiously reaching out to pet him. Drake settles on raising his hand to block her, meanwhile leveling the fairy with a cold glare and overall looking thoroughly unimpressed with her apology. "How do you accidentally kidnap someone?"

Naida settled nto a pout as Drake blocked her hand. Crossing her arms and fluttering back away from him about a step or two, she said rather defensively, “Well, Ren was trying to teleport us to safety, and she must’ve been distracted, and you were really close to her and my friend so you got sucked into it. So if you think about it, it’s really your fault, fuzzy buddy.” She paused and dropped her pouting, suddenly laughing at that thought. “Anyway, do you want to cooperate, or do you want to starve in these caves? You’re going the wrong direction to get out, by the way.”
He steps forward and jabs his finger at the fairy. "Call me fuzzy one more time..." He trails off there and listens, but not patiently at all. If he didn't have to hold onto the torch, he'd have crossed his arms. He does hold his brow low, glaring up at her, and his boot taps incessantly against the floor. He stiffens and bears his teeth in a silent growl as Naida outright states it's his fault he'd been dragged here and that he'd been going the wrong direction this entire time. The mercenary doesn't have a counterargument against either of those statements, but he carries a firm, maybe legitimate but also prideful, belief that neither one is true.

Naida's proposed alternative to his cooperation, death by starvation, doesn't immediately make him inclined to be more agreeable. Normally, he would interpret it as a snide remark and as such take it in good humor, but given the circumstances he chooses to view it as a direct threat. Still, he doesn't particularly want to die slowly in the darkness and chasing off or harming this little person won't help him avoid that. Cooperating might, so...

"Fine. Help me outta here and we can forget this ever happened." He relaxes a little and steps back, showing that he is ready and willing to follow Naida.
Naida (played by The)

“Okay, fuz—“ Naida cut herself off, remembering Drake’s not-so-polite request. “Okay, furry friend.” She reached out to grab Drake’s hand, and if he lets her she’ll lead him down the cave the way she came. If not, she’ll lead anyway, but again with a pout. In her head, Naida let Ren know that she was bringing the “kidnappee” back.

“Like I said, I’m Naida,” the fairy started her introductions as leading the way through several twists and turns. “The magic lady who teleported us is Ren, my best friend. The kinda crazy girl with the black magic thing is Isabella, my friend. The freaked out guy is Geoff, my buddy. We kinda kidnapped him, too, but we did that on purpose. He’s nice, don’t worry; he gave me a seat before all the mean fight stuff started. Oh, I almost forgot about mantis! Wait a minute...” as the realization struck her that she hadn’t seen her and Isabella's bug since the fight started, Naida stopped in her tracks. “Bug pal! Oh no!” She started to cry as she sank to the ground.
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Alastor held his gaze for a bit longer, before breathing a sigh of relief. "Good. I appreciate it, both of yeh. And don't worry, the moment we're done here, I ain't hanging around. Even I ain't low enough to use children as a shield."

"As fer the weapons, I think that'd work fer me. Gives me a few extra to use." Alastor smiled. "Sounds like they might be better as a last resort from what yeh've said about our hunter, though."
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"A wise course of action," Kylarion agrees, "keeping mobile will inevitably be more beneficial than not. And yes... the weapons. One moment."

He reaches into his sleeve and withdraws a box that most certainly wasn't there before. Opening it reveals a right-angle shaped hook with a point on one of the two arms and a ~5m long chain from the other. The chain ends in a weighted spike. A second box follows, definitely longer and bulkier than the sleeve could possibly contain, opened to present a pair of knives, one a long-slender stabbing knife, the other a heavier blade made for cutting, as well as a simple but elegant rapier.

"The rapier and stiletto are both lightly repelled by bone, making them adept at sliding between the ribs. The larger one has a small release which allows the blade to be ejecteded forcefully before reutning to the grip. The impact is more substantial than you would expect, as well. The kusarigama I have explained before," the vulpine lists, gesturing to each weapon in turn, "Additionally, they will not dull and... should not sunder against any remotely sane punishment. I agree with keeping combat as a last resort as well. Jules, you have seen just how potent she can be, so I'm sure you need no further convining. I will present the garments when the table is clear."
She smiles as her eyes light up with excitement. She looks at the kusarigama before holding it in her hand. She wraps the chain around her arm as she gets a feel for the new weapon. "Hm? Oh yeah. Honestly, I would rather have none of this be happening. The fighting i mean. There is never a time I'm not fighting, so i guess i would just like the world to give me a break. The life of being what I am." She sighs but still smiles, gazing at the weapon.

"I am still always ready though, so let's get these outfits out!" She smiles excitedly as this part was extremely exciting for her. She can never find anything comfortable enough so she was looking forward to it.
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Adriannu was still wondering why in the world they were heading towards a tea parlor all the while being completely oblivious to the threat made against her life by Victi, thanks to the kitsunes magic. As such, just as she made it past the entryway for Telmarune's Tea Parlor, she was suddenly snatched up by Lisa and pressed tightly to the Chimera. The child made no effort to resist any of this due to a combination of wanting to keep her story intact and also simple surprise as she had been caught off guard as she had been keep a very close eye on Victi.

Looking up at Lisa's face, she would find it to be even more freaked out then before, which while she could understand the Chimera freaking out, she didn't understand why it suddenly got so much worse. After all things had been...about as peaceful as one could expect really considering the rather volatile situation. Therefore she just look at Lisa with a genuinely confused expression on her face before saying. "Mommy? You're squishing me." This was likely to clue the Chimera into the fact that the child clearly didn't hear Victi's threat as there was no way Adriannu would blow it off otherwise. Assuming her companion was still tightly clinging to her , Adriannu would start to squirm showing a clear desire to be released.
When Lisa froze, Liliath froze as well. She looked around if she saw any form of thread, but she did not see anything. She looked to Lisa who looked even more paler then before. What had happend? Liliath wasn't happy with Victi around,Victi made Lisa act extremly nervous which she didn't like. She looked to Victi, maybe she had done something to Lisa. No then she would have noticed it. Her hand in her pocket tightend around her shard.

Liliath decided to pinch Lisa in her hand, she wanted Lisa attention"What's wrong?" She asked concerned and confused.
Hey, so the slashing blade you've given to Alastor, how does it's ability work? Sorry, I'm just not sure I got the gist of it, and ASD means I occasionally misinterpret things, so I've learned to check.
Avitrathephoenix Topic Starter

Essentially it's a ballistic knife with a returning blade and a kinetic shock effect. The release lets the blade launch about a dozen meters, and once it hits something it flies itself back to the handle and reloads itself. The kinetic shock pumps a shockwave through a target the blade stabs into, usually breaking ribs and doing unpleasant things to organs. In the case of impacting someone with, say, substantial magical defences who won't get stabbed by it properly, it can knock them over or launch them over a short distance.

The kinetic energy release can also be used without launching the blade, either accelerating the user's strike to hit harder, or performing the same shockwave trick on a slash to break bones, damage organs, or throw the target off balance by applying a fairly impressive force to them. It's actually pretty versatile. Probably does wonders on ropes tying someone, too, if you need to cut any for some reason.
"Drake. My name. Is. Drake." He speaks almost breathlessly, struggling to keep ahold of his patience. This fairy seems well-meaning, and the least he can do to thank her for that is not be an absolute jackass. So he follows her and listens quietly while she catches him up on the situation.

Then, he watches as she seems to have a horrifying revelation and sinks to the floor in tears.

"Uh..." Who is "bug pal?" A nickname for a friend? A beloved pet...a familiar, even? Given her apparent habit of applying funny names to everyone, he can't just assume she's being overdramatic over a literal mundane insect and brush it off as nothing.

Taking a breath and reminding himself to be patient, he kneels beside her and tries his best to sound like he actually cares. "You alright?"
Lisa relents a little when Adriannu starts to struggle, letting her pull away enough that she could make eye-contact. Her heart plummets when the child fixes her with a look of bewilderment and continues to call her mother. Lisa leans forward and whispers hoarsely, "Adriannu, stop calling me that. She..." She somehow thinks I've made a blood mage out of you.

Louder for Liliath's benefit, she says, "Nothing's wrong. Come on." She finally releases Adriannu and squeezes Liliath's hand gently, both seeking and trying to provide some reassurance that this meeting will turn out all right.

Lisa finds them all a table and pulls a chair out for Victi, gripping the back in clammy, white-knuckled hands. Then she takes the chair beside Victi and moves it to the other side of the table so both children have their own seats closest to her before sitting she takes a seat for herself across from Victi. She fidgets with something around her belt, the clip of a small pouch, opening and closing it in a nervous tick while they wait for a server.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

Victi follows the three inside with her usual long, slow, graceful (if odd) steps, smelling the air as they enter the small shop. The air was rich with pleasant scents, and the mildly-malevolent sorceress already starts to feel less irritable. It was a great help in letting her think about how to resolve the "children with shards" situation.

When the chimera lady, still so terrified, it was a testament to her health that Victi hadn't had to defibrillate her, pulled out her chair, Victi snorts and shakes her head.

"You didn't have to do that, yunno," the well-disguised vulpine remarks, though she does take the seat, "Just because I scare you doesn't mean you have to show me respect. I mean, not being outright rude is good, but no need to go out of your way. Feels weird to me, and bad for your self-confidence and mental state. That all said, though, let's talk about how you all got involved in this. May as well get down to business while we wait."
Naida (played by The)

Drake Leonardis wrote:
"Drake. My name. Is. Drake." He speaks almost breathlessly, struggling to keep ahold of his patience. This fairy seems well-meaning, and the least he can do to thank her for that is not be an absolute jackass. So he follows her and listens quietly while she catches him up on the situation.

Then, he watches as she seems to have a horrifying revelation and sinks to the floor in tears.

"Uh..." Who is "bug pal?" A nickname for a friend? A beloved pet...a familiar, even? Given her apparent habit of applying funny names to everyone, he can't just assume she's being overdramatic over a literal mundane insect and brush it off as nothing.

Taking a breath and reminding himself to be patient, he kneels beside her and tries his best to sound like he actually cares. "You alright?"

Naida sobs for a few more seconds, then manages to calm herself down. She wipes away her tears and nods. “Sorry, let’s just keep walking. She rises back into the air and takes the lead again, still sniffling a bit. “So... Drake,” she says, the actual name sounding rather weird, “what about you? Why were you out there at the gates? And why did you fight with us?”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus