Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily) Topic Starter

Yuna didn't talk back but instead clench her fists and glared at him for the rest of his explanations. She didn't care if he was a demon, pirate or whatever the hell he was, but if harmed Charlotte or her companions. Well, hell hath no fury for what lengths she would go to get back at him.

The atmosphere was getting really tense so their leader Cicero, who was sitting at a table with the other members decided to change the subject.

"Well, I think we all should start planning tonight's show as a part of our dealers don't you think?" Cicero glanced at his crew with an awkward smile on his face.

"Oh, yes! Yes, of course!" Charlotte chimed in.

"How are we supposed to entertain pirates?'" Asked a member.

"They probably haven't seen a show in months since traveling on the sea. Maybe we should do something simple?" Replied another.

"Gods, we have to do this for three months?" One member groaned.

Charlotte watched as everyone was throwing in ideas to lights act, it made her happy to see them focused on something else than whether or not they would be killed. In her heart, she wanted to join in, but she reminded herself that was to be the Captain's assistant so she didn't have that luxury.

Charlotte slipped out of the room while everyone was occupied so she wouldn't be too much of a distraction, she did have the rest of the ship to explore after all.

For the next few days, Charlotte had familiarized herself with the boat and its layout. She had gotten a little lost while trying to fetch things for Captain Dealt, but she was given a map layout of the boat from a crew member. So all she had to do was review that if she had ever gotten lost.

Charlotte was in the Captain's office doing a little housekeeping, she didn't speak unless spoken to and she kept to herself whenever they were alone. She still didn't trust Captain Dealt and even though he made it clear he fancied her, she showed no interest in him. She still just wanted to get these three months over with.
Dealt (played by Dharlas)

Secretly Dealt thanked Yuna, she made his job as villain even easier, always making him the enemy. It only helped the contrast he showed Charlotte as the caring captain. He smiled as they started to discuss their plans but put his hands up to stop them. "I am going to take my leave now I don't want to hear all the details." With a look towards Charlotte. "You may stay for a moment longer but I want you in my cabin sooner rather than later." He knew she wouldn't be too long and left to his cabin.

Time passed and given the odd blunder she seemed capable enough to adhere to Dealt's demands of her. She had her own bed in his cabin, he figured it would have put her at ease a bit, and help his point saying he wouldn't force herself for anything, He wouldn't deny to himself that it wouldn't be the worst thing to share a bed, but such is life. He took her around the ship for daily inspections, and to give her a chance to see her troupe. Which they appeared to do their jobs during the day, which in the end is really all his own crew does.

The nightly entertainment was satisfactory, the crew enjoyed it to his surprise but he was just accustomed to bigger shows. Through the days he noted Charlotte's silence unless spoken to, and decided to address it. "Charlotte take a seat please." Sitting at his desk he motioned across to an open seat that seemed to appear from thin air. "I would like to discuss some things with you and your performance in here."

Charlotte was dusting the liquor cabinet as the Captain requested until he called her over to take a seat. She was both confused and worried about this new order because she knew in the back of her mind that meant something was wrong. Charlotte leaned the broom she was using against the wall and quickly walked over to the seat across from the Captain's desk.

She then took her seat, wiping any dust or specs off her clothes and placing her hands on her lap afterward. She looked up at the Captain awaiting what she hoped would be his next request.

As she sat herself down he smiled and closed his book. "Its been what? Four? Five days now? And you have barely spoken a word to me outside of when I make requests." He looked through his cabin and smiled.

"You have been keeping up with the work well and been able to navigate the ship well enough to be efficient." But then he grimaced.

"What can I do to help you feel more at ease? You seem to be intelligent and frankly that's a rarity around my ship I was hoping we could converse more. I can't be this friendly with your crew. Its bad for business. Well except Yuna. She is a hot head and she sure is fun to mess with." He chuckled to himself. "So what can I do for you?"

Charlotte listened intently to the Captain's dilemma but as much as wanted to understand she just felt confused. Aren't servants supposed to be obedient and quiet? She took a moment to process his concerns and realized he did say he did want someone to converse with after all.

But he was the Captain of a pirate ship and from what she has seen, he takes pride in the position since he isn't afraid to get intimidating when they goof off or get sidetracked. It wasn't like she could just walk up to him and start blabbering away about this and that!

Charlotte has been resistant to talking to him because of that very reason, but she thought she was doing a satisfactory job overall.

"Uh..um...I do not know." Charlotte was getting ready to curl up in her chair, how was she supposed to know? To be honest, she did not want to talk to him at all, but she could not bring herself to be that honest without thinking about the repercussions.

They only knew each other for a few days and even if he didn't want her to feel like a prisoner, the fact was Charlotte was his captives along with her companions.

Dealt looked at her and her discomfort, and smiled. "Just try and think on it alright? I know you are my 'servant' but again, it's more of a figure piece to make sure all parties concerned keep to their deal. If your troupe starts to slack off, then there are punishments that I HAVE to enact. And frankly I prefer not to have to do that."

He leaned back in his chair letting it rock slightly it always made him feel at peace. "As far as deals go, you have a very good place here. I don't ask much, I have been courteous. I don't make you do anything obscene. I feel I have been more than fair." He sat back up and spoke in a sweet tone. "I just would like to make you feel comfortable. "

Charlotte leaned back in her chair like a cat being pushed into a corner, this is the second time she felt pressured by him. "I do not understand why you are being so kind to me and only me," Charlotte muttered softly.

"Who am I to you but a means to an end? Another mouth to feed..." Charlotte finally decided to speak honestly as she felt she had no other choice.

"It is not fair to the others, especially my companions who have to work harder than me in order to earn their meals." Charlotte turned her head from Captain Dealt, her mouth quivered and her eyebrows formed a line between her face.

She didn't want to be his personal servant, but instead, she wanted to be below the deck helping her companions with their duties. As cruel as it sounded, Charlotte did not like Captain Dealt, he reminded her of her admirers back in her homeland. They were kind, but they were only nice to her because they wanted something, whether it be her attention or something more tangible.

Caught her look of upset just as she turned to hide it. And he sighed. "Well you aren't wrong. You are a means to an end. Because I keep you here and close and can make sure that your troupe is spared. The contract works both ways. I may have set the terms but it is still just as binding." He looked away a bit.

"Let me tell you something. I cannot go against my contracts, implicitly. It's not a choice for me. I HAVE to keep you close because that's the agreed terms. Without my word for an errand I cannot have you from my side." He turned back to her.

"That being said there is a positive side to you and your troupe's predicament. As I have guaranteed your safety I am, literally, bound to protect you all from harm until the destination is reached. You have seen what I can do, I am sure Yuna has at least a slight hunch what I am capable of." He looked out to the front of the cabin.

"Much like my men, they have literally traded their souls to me for various things, riches, immortality, luck, women, power. I own these people and have the power to control them with a thought. But I have been bound to the deals we reached, just as you, your troupe and I have reached." He rubbed his brows then when he looked back to her he smirked.

"You kind of talked back to me you know." He paused for a moment before smiling broadly. "Good for you!"

Charlotte let out an exasperated sigh as she hadn't realized that the contract was so strict. She felt guilty for having spoken so honestly because what she ultimately wanted was somewhat selfish. Charlotte should have known better than to make him bend the rules of their contract just so she could be happy.

As the conversation continued the situation was finally becoming much more clear. Charlotte had finally understood why the Captain insisted that they were in such a good position. As ugly as it sounded, those men were slaves and her companions were practically guests.

Charlotte slowly lifted her head to look the Captain in the face, "I am sorry that I had not understood sooner."

This was the first time she willingly looked at the Captain in the face without shaking in her skin. Charlotte was feeling content until the Captain mentioned how this was the first time she actually talked back.

Then a wave of embarrassment overcame her ss her cheeks flushed pink, Charlotte immediately retreated by cupping her hands on her cheeks. She turned her head away from the Captain as she realized what she had done.

"B-but you...asked...and I was only...I AM SO SORRY, SIR." Charlotte cried while she continued babbling incoherently.

Gods, why was he so mean?

Dealt just waved her off. "Its ok. I dont make many privy to my secrets but I wanted you to be aware of the facts. There are few, VERY few, who know my secrets and I like keeping it that way. You didnt know and that was intentional." He smiled at her she was amusing and he did enjoy her company. Silent or not.

He looked her right in her eyes when she faced him, his golden eyes shimmered in the midday light that filtered in. As his her face and began to cry he only laughed loudly. "You are quite the entertainer you know! I dont get much opportunity to laugh this much so I appreciate it!"

He slowly began to calm down, it was hard as her shyness was too funny but he managed to control himself eventually. "Look I need you to run an errand for me. Go and check on the troupe and see how they are doing. Make sure you talk to Yuna. And be back in an hour or so but not too long. I need to make sure they are still keeping their end!" He would give her a playful wink but end with a warning. "Don't let them know how good things are for you. As long as they think you are suffering for them, they wont have a reason to rebel. Just be vague when they ask."

Charlotte took a deep breath and exhaled, alright, now it was time to compose herself. Charlotte bounced back to her polite and obedient self as soon as she heard that she had new orders. She nodded her head in an understanding manner and walked if towards the office door.

As she stepped outside the office she glanced back at Captain Dealt one last time with a small smile on her face. She didn't even realize it but it was the first genuine smile.

"Yes, sir!" She gave a quick saluted and headed out to the door, somehow, this newfound an understanding of the Captain and her contracts made her feel a little better.

Charlotte checked on her group as ordered and returned on time as requested by the Captain. She avoided any talks about the contact and instead talked about the group's next act ss she usually helped with such things.

Once night had fallen Charlotte was doing her nightly dance practice by the front deck. By then everyone had gone to bed after a night of drinking and a performance by the Bizare Wonders.

She had been doing these practices while no one was around for the past few days, it wasn't unusual for her to practice alone. Dancing in front of people was too intimidating and it has been proven that she gets easily flustered.

"One, two and a twirl here.." She mumbled to herself as a way of taking mental notes.

Dealt enjoyed her smile, it was good to see some honest happiness from her. But he lost his composure as soon as she saluted him and began to laugh heartily as she took off for her task.

He thought to himself the situation. He would love to own her of course. But she would almost certainly never accept his magic brand at least not now. He was playing the long game. He was genuinely trying to keep her at peace and happy, it just was a bonus that it may make her open to the idea. He paused in meditation for a moment and searched out for all the ones he owned. Watching them live their lives without a care. It brought him peace.

After the nights festivities he was woken again, Charlotte had left his side and was practicing again. He had to be by her side, but the distance was always a loose term. He levitated off the ground slightly, using his wind magic to open the door and close it silently to not alert her. He glided above and around her, staying out of her sight until she was finished her routine.

He would silently cascade down and land somewhere behind her and gave a slow clap. "This would be one of your better sessions for sure." Although dark the she could have seen his smile in the moonlight.

It would be an understatement to say that Charlotte liked dancing since she had always loved it ever since she was a little girl. It was like she was gliding through the air as moved her body through the ocean wind. No one was staring or worrying if her dancing was good enough to get paid.

At the end of her dance session, she started to do a few stretching exercises to loosen her muscles. She had already stretched before but she didn't want her body cramping up in the morning.

During the midst of her stretches, she felt a mysterious presence behind her and applause in the distance. She turned her head behind her to see who it was, she hoped they weren't watching her dance for too long.

When she recognized the Captain was the culprit she clasped her hands over her mouth as to stop herself from screaming and waking up everyone on the ship. Doesn't he realize how jumpy she is..? Wait, he knows but he just likes getting a rise out of her, sheesh he was cruel.

"I am starting to get the impression you like scaring me..." Charlotte narrowed her eyes at him, she knew good and well about his sadistic tendencies. But this was getting a little tiresome so she just came out stating the obvious without thinking.

"S-so much did you see? Of my dancing that is..." She already knew the answer to that, but she just wanted to know.

Dealt was enjoying the fact she kept herself quiet. More impressed then anything. He smiled a toothy grin at her. "You're starting to get the idea? I could have sworn it was obvious given how much you jump. You do make it pretty hard to not scare you I might add." He took a few steps towards her leaving about five feet between them.

"I also can't help but admit you do cut a fine figure when you stretch, especially in the moonlight." He smirked at her taking another step or two. "I think you know how long I have been here. And I must say this isnt the first night either. You must be by my side, but the inverse is true as well. Every night I have been woken up by you leaving." He shrugged. "Wasnt really a big deal, but I wanted you to know that you dance well. I enjoyed it immensely."

"So unkind..." Charlotte mumbled under her breathe; if this was his way of earning her affections that he was gonna have to be a little less childish. Captain Dealt was immature for a pirate leader, but she preferred that over his dictatorship side when it came to how he treated his crewmates.

Charlotte noticed that Captain Dealt was closing the distance between them and so when he stepped forwards, Charlotte stepped back. She wanted to be a safe distance in case he decided to pull another prank.

Charlotte gave him the side-eye when he commented on her figure, what was that supposed to mean? She tilted her head at him so she could process the compliment.

Oh....ohhhhhh! Charlotte's body instantly tensed up and her face turned red as an apple.

Charlotte stomped her right foot and pleaded, "do not say such disgusting things!"

Charlotte turned on her heel and squatted into a ball, wrapping her arms around her body as she burrowed her face into her knees. Gods, if only there was a spell that filtered all the disgusting things that came out a demon's mouth!

But perhaps she was being a little too dramatic.

Dealt stopped as she took steps back. Not wanting to back her into a corner. She didnt count on Dealt's hearing it seems as he smiled. "Maybe unkind but its who I am. I can't help giving someone a good jump when I can. It's fun! Haven't you ever jumped from around the corner and startled someone?" He chuckled slightly, he could be childish at times but he likes what he likes.

He jumped slightly when she stomped and took a slight step back, he was not expecting her to get that emotional! He stepped over to her gingerly and kneeled down to whisper. "Sorry, I will try to not be so crude." Then backed off. He couldnt be sure anyone else was listening so he couldn't be obviously compassionate like that.

He started back to the cabin and stopped. "Let's go to bed, I don't want you too tired for tomorrow." His tone was stiff and a bit commanding, but he had to keep an image up.

Charlotte looked over her shoulder when he asked if she ever enjoyed scaring people she responded with a blunt "no" and turned back to burrowing her face. Unlike him, she didn't like pulling pranks on people as she wasn't raised that way and startling people made her feel guilty. Her parents weren't very strict but they weren't going to raise a mischievous child.

In the midst of her tantrum, Charlotte hadn't noticed that she made the mighty Captain Dealt jump because of her sudden burst of anger. She continued pouting until the Captain order that it was time for them to return to bed. Charlotte obliges and gets up from her spot and follows him to their bunker.

Charlotte woke up the next day feeling well-rested, it was day 6 of traveling on the high seas. She got herself dressed, ate her small meal and headed towards the captain's office for today's orders.

"Good morning, " she covered her mouth as she let out a soft yawning noise as she entered the Captain's office.

Dealt only slept when he wanted to. Or when he was bored. So sleep was always a choice instead of a need. After making sure Charlotte was asleep he began thinking of what he wanted.

'She seems to understand things once they are explained fully. Maybe she will still take it.' He thought to himself. His sole concern is to leave his mark on everyone and everything. His greed knows no bounds but so does his patience. 'No she isnt ready for that maybe in time.' He spent the night in his chair thinking on how to win her trust fully.

The next day he observed her morning rituals and said good morning back to her, stifling a yawn she caused him to have.

"How was your sleep?" His tone was a bit short. He was uncertain where to take things. She was strong headed, but soft hearted, so it was hard to gauge exactly what he should do next.

"Good." She said in a slightly upbeat tone of voice, it was great that she had finally gotten used to how things worked around here. She still wasn't completely comfortable around the Captain, but it never hurt to be cautious. Besides, it wasn't like they were going to be best friends forever.

Charlotte stood in front of the Captain's desk awaiting his first command, her back straight and her arms placed to her sides. If this were Yuna she would have plopped down in a chair and rested her feet on his desk awaiting his orders. But Charlotte saw the value of being polite even to people she didn't particularly like.

She noticed that the Captain seemed to be in deep thought, it was a little unusual for someone with his quick wit. Maybe he was running out of things for her to do or something?

Charlotte lowered her head as she began to think of something to do in order to help.

"Captain Dealt, does something need cleaning or inspection?" Charlotte suggested while tilting her head.

Dealt nodded at her answer to his question, and barely heard her ask her questions. He snapped back into focus and shook his head as to clear his head of distracting thoughts.

"No things are pretty clean as is, we are pirates remember? Spotless doesn't exactly describe our life style, but thanks." He tapped his chin. "You don't have to stand at attention, rest, sit, do what you need." There was something he couldn't place. And then he stood up and slammed his hands on the desk.

"Actually yes! Go and grab Yuna!" He was stirring up mischief, and he wanted to see how this would go.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus