Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily) Topic Starter

Charlotte nodded and turned to back to companions, she clapped her hands three times and smile. "Let us begin our preparations shall we?"

Yuna puffed her cheeks when she saw Charlotte calling shots, "Hey, that's my line!"

Charlotte chuckled, "oh, sorry!"

Yuna clapped her hands the same number of times of Charlotte, but her's were much louder and echoed throughout the entire room. "Let's get this future party started!" Yuna shouted making the crew shout "huzzah" like a group of warriors preparing for battle.

Charlotte returned to the Captain's cabin as instructed, she gently closed the door behind her and stepped forward. "Is there something you would like me to do? Would you like me to prepare some tea, Captain?" Charlotte realized she was starting to sound more and more like a personal maid.
Dealt (played by Dharlas)

Dealt looked up as she entered and smiled. "You know that actually sounds good, make yourself a cup if you want as well." He had been taking notes on stock and stored. "Oh and when you see Cicero next, tell him to slow on the alcohol! We are running low and I don't want to have to tell my men we are dry! Otherwise I will have to throw him overboard!" He would laugh loudly then suddenly stop and deadpan Charlotte. "I am serious though I will not deal with that situation again."

He would accept the tea from her and drink it slowly. "You really surprised the room with your axe comment, was rather funny actually!" He chuckled and spilled some tea on him and just ignored it, stains weren't a concern for him. "So can I expect a good show tomorrow? Perhaps a teaser of whats to come tonight?" He smiled towards her. "I expect you will be gone most of tomorrow after all.." He paused for a second. "What am I going to do all day without you in here running errands for me?"

Charlotte boiled some water by the cooking spit next to the fireplace, once it was hot enough she grabbed some herbs to make the tea. She put a couple of sugar cubes in Captain Dealt's cup and a few extra in her own. It was rare for her to even get sugar, stuff like this was hard to come by.

Not even her parents could afford to waste money on these little delicacies.

Charlotte blew on her cup before taking a sip, she glanced up at the Captain and smiled lightly tapping her head with her finger as to make a mental note. She still doesn't understand the whole fuss behind the whole ax thing, she thought it was a good suggestion.

She was happy that she was going to get the whole day to spend with her companions just like old times. She felt some pity for the Captain because her absence meant he would have no one to keep him entertained.

"Oh, you poor baby..." Charlotte chuckled in between her words as she took a sip of her tea.

Dealt smirked at her. "I guess I could just nap the day away, not much else needs taking care of!" He leaned back and smiled "You make the days just a bit brighter around here you know? Even my crew have managed to be... mostly civilized, its rather unbecoming of pirates. But it is a nice change of pace!"

It had been such a short time but she had pacified a whole ship of people almost single handed. "You know, you are a good dancer for sure, but frankly your skills could be best used in politics, or negotiations. You are honest to a fault, as innocent as a lamb, and a sight for sore eyes!" He would grin at her jokingly. "You seem to exude a presence that can calm many hearts. Even this old demon one." He patted his chest then sighed. He knew it wouldn't last. He wasn't sure if he had feelings for her, or if her light just made him feel at ease, she was a mystifying one.

Honestly, he was giving Charlotte who too much like WAY too much credit, she was just one girl after all. They also had the rest of the Bizare Wonders to help carry off some of the burdens of the crewmen. She felt everyone had an impact on this ship one way or another.

"You must be jesting because I am not that powerful as you say. Oh, and there is no way I am swapping out my dream job for politics. I have heard too many terrible stories about the dangers of going into the political field." Charlotte shuttered at the thought.

"Besides, I think you have an impact on this ship too! For example, you have helped me become less shy around people." Charlotte swung her legs back and forth as she sat in her chair thinking of how scared she was only a few weeks ago.

"And if I can talk to a scary demon than I can talk to anyone! I remember when I used to hide in barrels to avoid your presence hahaha!" Charlotte was going to regret saying that last part, but she was having so much fun talking to the Captain.

Charlotte gulped down the last of her tea and placed the empty cup on the tray she used to bring over their tea. "May I go see my friends so we can practice tomorrows show?" She asked politely.

He just chuckled. "And I think you under value yourself too much! But that is fair, its good to follow your dreams. You lead such short lives its good to have a purpose." He rested on his hand. "I just have no understanding of mortality it amazes me how you humans live."

He laughed when she told him about the barrels. "Oh I knew, I just found it more fun to let you hide! Oh yes I am pretty big and scary!" He would mimic a bear or some other big beast pretending to roar at her. He didn't really think of himself as scary but then again, he did use fear as a tactic... he needed to think on this!

He listened to her ask and smiled. "Yes go ahead, I look forward to a spectacular performance tomorrow! I will be watching you especially!" He waved her off and chuckled, he enjoyed teasing her, but was it just teasing? He needed to think about his actions so the alone time was a good excuse to meditate.

Charlotte hastily ran off to go join her companions to discuss tonight show, it felt like old times again. This whole trip was becoming such an enjoyable experience and Charlotte was growing so much as a person because of it.

The next day came quickly and everyone carried on, as usual, Charlotte made sure to get a good night sleep instead of practicing all night like usually does. Night had eventually came which meant it was time for festivities.

The first act was Luna and another magician did a simple magic act where they used a woodcutters ax and illusion magic to make it look like they chopping limbs off. It was a little too gruesome for some people's liking but the crewmen seemed to like it.

The second act had the jugglers throwing knives, bottles and any sharp object they could find and tossing them into the air. At the end of their act, they began swallowing and spitting out each object which was pretty disgusting.

Finally, the third act had a musical number with Charlotte and their other dancer, Primrose. Charlotte would be doing the singing while the other girl did the dancing. Charlotte inhaled closing her eyes and waiting for the musicians to being their part.

Kuwata tsunowo vralai
tsuriji pufuralekai
kwondzuvai undovartsu wronduwail
Tjortetei jeki liago

Jiunmata ivelischpfuli
neftyoma sorepiyamei
Schijiyako alefni fatalliliya
Nic'hpisfa unhoreselye

Otrajain aforeje kurasolda
Towari hatasei mic'hatasei tsufrallai
Otrajain aforeje kurasolda
Towari hatasei mic'hatasei tsufrallai ilja
Ullilya kojijichatjukaijai-wa nyame fretsumekri fretsumekri linganmai
Ulreri manja huteharraku-mu harirch lahadachfei lahadachfei shindulhwo

Kuwata tsunowo vralai
tsuriji pufuralekai
kwondzuvai undovartsu wronduwail
Tjortetei jeki liago

(Song of the Ancients by Keiichi Okabe. Hope you like Emi Evans!xD)
https://youtu.be/qCKEXPXtrEU

Dealt waited eagerly for the day to pass, he was missing her presence for the day, but it was worth it. Her innocence rubbed off on him a bit more than he would care to admit. He almost didn't care about making a deal with her. He was careful not to stray down those thoughts. He shook his head to clear the thoughts. She was truly a dangerous foe, no malice and by the time she has you its far too late. He found himself smiling at the thought of her.

The day came and went, and then it became time for the performance. He sat through the beginning acts but when Charlotte took stage everything else fell silent. She began to sing and there was another dancer he guessed but he did nothing but focus on Charlotte's voice. Her voice sounded magical as it rang through the air, it permeated every inch of air surrounding their ship. Everyone was captivated.

As she finished her song Dealt clapped loudly and heartily, bringing everyone else in after he started. Dealt was disappointed to not get to see her dance on stage, but the private sessions were fairly personal he felt. After the show Dealt allowed the casks to flow and the whole ship celebrated. Cicero however was watched carefully he still didn't trust him to not drink everything. At one point he would pull Charlotte aside. "So how come you didn't dance? I enjoyed your performance all the same, but I figured you would dance in front of everyone." Dealt was just drinking water, he didn't drink alcohol very often. He had his reasons.

After the rest of the performance, Charlotte took some time to converse about her companions. It was so long since she had time to have a casual conversation amongst her friends. Back then when they traveled on the road going town to town, city to city and meeting all kinds of people. She really missed those days, but once the contract was over then they would be able to get back to business.

Charlotte was chatting with her friends until the Captain pulled her aside to speak with her. She waved her companions off and followed the Captain to the front of the ship so no one could eavesdrop on their conversation.

She cocked her brow while tilting her head, "we agreed that Primrose would do the dancing while I did the singing. I am sorry if you were expecting a dance." Charlotte took a moment to observe his face, the Captain didn't seem all that bothered but his eyes looked a little disappointed.

Maybe there was some way she could make it up to him somehow, oh, that's it! Charlotte eagerly clapped her hands together, "how about we dance here for a little bit, just the two of us!" She declared.

Without even waiting for his answer Charlotte grabbed the Captain's right hand and placed it on her waist. Charlotte then placed her own right hand on his shoulder and then used her left hand to grab his.

"May I have this dance, my good gentleman?" Charlotte slightly tilted her head while batting her eyes. Since they were alone they were away from prying eyes and wagging tongues so it made Charlotte more comfortable.

Dealt understood, he was a bit disappointed after all but he admitted that her singing was rather impressive as well. As she grabbed his hand he dropped his cup and felt his face flush, he was NOT used to being lead like this! He just followed suit and went with her.

"Why yes you may, my lady." He held her tight and moved and swayed with her, he never would have expected her to develop like this. He was fairly stunned to say the least, thoroughly shocked would definitely be an accurate statement. He enjoyed the moment, the peace and just the innocence of the moment. Dancing with her he felt so calm. He was no stranger to traditional dancing so he kept pace flawlessly, even though it wasn't much in the ways of steps, he matched her pace.

He held her close to his chest, letting her head rest there, his heart beat quickened. He cursed silently, this woman was softening his hardened heart, and he was powerless to stop her, but he knew he didn't. He dropped a single tear on her head, he knew their time would end. And he wasn't sure how to deal with that.

Charlotte had no idea how much of an impact she had on the Captain. She rarely danced with other people outside of her companions but she tried her best to not turn his feet into a pastry. She didn't bother to rest her head on his chest but instead looked him in the face, smiling the entire time.

She was having so much fun dancing under the moonlight. The Captain and his servant dancing under the moon, the idea made her chuckle. She tried to enjoy the moment instead of worrying about whether or not they would get caught sneaking off.

Her laughter soon stopped when she noticed the Captain was looking a little emotional. "Whatever is the matter?" Charlotte let go of her grip to get a better look at the Captain's face. She didn't know a devil could even cry.

"Are you feeling sick? If so, there is this pressure point Yuna showed that could help." She thought dancing with her would make him feel better but she assumed it didn't work.

Dealt looked down at her, there was no hiding the emotion he showed. He just put on a smile, and lied. "It's just a nice moment, seeing you so open and free. The moon, the festivities. And it is quite the honor to have a private dance with you!" He wiped his eyes and laughed at her suggestion. "Charlotte, thank you for the concern, but I am not ill, plus my anatomy might be different than yours, the pressure point may not work."

He would give her a hug and kiss the top of her head. "Don't lose who you are in this world." He would whisper in her ear and walk away, he needed a drink. He joined the rest of the festivities, and acted like nothing happened. The turmoil in his heart and mind, he wouldn't show. He poured himself a drink from a cask, some of the crew would stop and watch, nervous of the sight. He would drink it quickly and draw his sword yelling to the heaven's. "Let us party the night away!" His crew roared loudly and partied harder than before. He made sure to lose himself in the crowd of festivities.

Charlotte wanted to believe that what he was saying was true but in the back of her mind, she knew something wasn't right. Charlotte decided to drop the whole things, she had no business trying to pry.

Charlotte's cheeks burned red with embarrassment at her silly suggestion, she hadn't realized demons had different anatomy. She lightly touched the place where he kissed her forehead and smiled.

"Cross my heart and hope to die!" Charlotte made an 'X' on her chest and nodded her head in agreement.

Charlotte followed behind the Captain and rejoined the festivities, the night carried on as people chatted and drunk their ale.

"Hey, do you guys do any challenges...?" Yuna asked one of the crewmen.

"What do ye mean lass?" The crewmen looked at her in confusion.

"Like, what do you do to prove your manliness!" Yuna slammed her hands on the table grinning excitedly.

The pirates looked at each other with mischievous grins on their faces, "hell yeah! We have our own initiation but do you think you can handle it?"

Yuna marched over to the pirates with a stride in her step she her hands on her hips and silently nodded with a cocky grin. One of the pirates jerked his head to another crewman as to go get something.

The pirates went below the deck and brought up a huge barrel and slammed it to the ground. He gave it a quick pat and said, "this is the strongest drink we have here not even a milk drinking noble would drink this!"

"I'll take it!" Yuna declared.

"Alright, but you have to drink a full cup and still be conscious for at least ten seconds."

"Oh-oh, can I try!?" Charlotte suddenly appeared beside Yuna, she wanted to prove her toughness as well.

The pirate gave Charlotte a funny look, the boss might kill him if Charlotte gets hurt doing this, but at the same time, he wanted to see what would happen. The pirate paused for a moment and gave Charlotte the okay.

Yuna and Charlotte ran over to the tables to grab their empty cups, they both hated the taste of alcohol but they loved a little competition. The crew member filled their cups to the brim with their fiery alcohol.

The crewmen and members of the Bizarre members surrounded the two women both cheering and raving. Yuna gave the cup a sniff and immediately covered her nose, "gods, this stinks! She whined.

"Giving up already?" Someone taunted.

"N-no!" Yuna cover her nose and took a sip, she started hacking up a storm, but she still kept drinking in large sips.

Charlotte looked at her cup hesitantly, they wouldn't judge her too hard if she bailed out now since Yuna's reaction was already off-putting. But at the same time...she wanted to prove that could be just as tough as a rowdy pirate. Charlotte started chugging down the whole cup, ignoring the terrible taste and smell.

Yuna saw what Charlotte was doing and looked at like her friend as if she completely turned insane. But then she realized by the rate she was going, Charlotte was going to have her beat for sure. Yuna started chugging down ber drink as well.

The everyone was going wild, the crowd was divided between Yuna and Charlotte. Who was going to pass out? Who was gonna get the last drop?

Yuna and Charlotte dropped their cups almost simultaneously, both cups are completely empty. The crowd went silent as they waited for who was the first to fall over. Yuna was about ready to throw up while Charlotte's face looked as dull as an anvil.

After a minute of waiting the crowd broke into gradual applause, it was a draw. While the crowd was cheering, Charlotte and Yuna stood in one place they were completely unresponsive to the celebration going on around them. Some of the members were worried so they tried waving their hands and making noise to get their attention.

Yuna and Charlotte could be heard lightly snoring with their eyes halfway closes. Someone had realized that they had completely passed out while standing up, they used all their willpower to keep standing. Who knew anyone could even do that?

Well, they definitely earned the whole ships respect now.

Dealt stayed out of sight, he was processing what was happening. Thinking back to Charlotte's promise he smiled. He was back to water, he couldn't really drink much since the last time he did. Boy that was a mistake, and then he heard it. Someone has asked for the challenge. A smile crept along his lips, its not often the boys bring that out. He came from hiding and checked to see who it was. To his shock it was Charlotte and Yuna, well Yuna wasn't a surprise, but Charlotte??

He stayed back, there was no harm yet, plus perhaps she would back down, she wasn't really this kind of person, so he wanted to study and see. Much to his own surprise she started drinking before Yuna did. He watched in silence in the back of the crowd, he still was taller than most of the crew but he waited.

Once the crowd started getting excited and cheering he noticed that they weren't there anymore. They were done. He laughed to himself and went to claim his servant. Everyone went silent when he stepped forward, and he called Cicero over. "Take Yuna to bed, she will need to sleep, and maybe stop drinking she may need some help tomorrow, and you both can't be down."

Cicero seemed to already be getting to the point of no return, but he nodded and took Yuna while Dealt took Charlotte to his cabin, he cradled her in his arms and carried her to bed. Signalling to everyone that it was alright to continue without him. He would lay her down and cover her in his cloak, taking a chair he would read by moonlight watching over her all night. "You are not the same girl from a few weeks ago.." He said quietly and chuckled to himself.

Charlotte was knocked out like a light for the rest of the night just like Yuna. The next morning, Charlotte had the most terrible hangover. She had dark circles below her eyes and her face was completely pale. She wanted to stick her head in the sea and never lift her head.

This was the last time she would ever do a competition like that again, nope, never, off the table forever!

"I want to die..." She muttered to herself as she laid half dead in her bed.she looked around her room to see if she was at least seeing clearly. While she observed she noticed there was a bucket by her dresser.

The captain or one of his crewmen must have left it for her, she was surely going to need it sooner or later. Right now she was just going to lay in her bed for the next decade until this awful headache rolled over.

Dealt waited patiently for her to awaken, and as she began to stir was relieved to see she survived the night. He laughed when he heard her speak. "Unfortunately for you, I cannot allow you to die." He produced his pitcher of elven water and poured two glasses. He passed one off to her and then went and got someone to run it down to Yuna.

"This won't cure you but it will make you feel a lot better." He pulled his seat up closer to her bed. "Now I know you aren't a drinker but trust me, the best thing with a hangover is water, lots of it." He smiled at her. "That was quite a stunt you two pulled, your lucky to have survived the night. But the crew definitely respects the hell out of you both, not many can drink hellvine wine and boast about it."

He would test her cheeks and forehead, checking for fever. "I think you are fine, but you can just take it easy today. You are not ship shape." He would continue to look over her and make sure she drank some more, and would get a cup down to Yuna every now and then too.

Charlotte sat up from her bed slowly stretching out her arms to reach for the water, she looked down at the glass with worry. She didn't want to look upon another liquid again, but if the captain thinks it will help then who is she to complain?

Charlotte drank the water slowly and when she had enough she put it back on her dresser to give herself a break.

"I am sorry that I got carried away. I was having so much fun and I wanted to do something I hadn't done before. Thanks to me now you have to go another day without me..." She feared that missing another day would affect their contract.

It was as if she let the Captain down again like yesterday when she saw him crying she lowered her head in shame. Oh, why did she have to get so reckless that night?

Dealt made sure her cup didn't run dry but he just chuckled. "Do not worry about it, we will be spending the day getting you to rest up." He patted her head gently. "Don't apologize, you had a good time, and you are safe, nothing else matters. Trying new things is always a good thing to try, plus if I was worried I would have stepped in, for both of you."

He smiled down at her. "Until we reach your destination, you are under my watch. I wouldn't let harm come to you." He buried his feelings from the night before, this young girl touched his heart in a way it hasn't been touched in a very long time. But he couldn't go getting hurt again.

"So tell me, what can I do to help you feel better today?" He smiled down at her warmly, guess today he was taking care of her.

Charlotte instinctively swatted his hand away when he tried to pat her head, she still had a raging headache.

"Sorry, but can please refrain from touching my head..." Charlotte groaned, laying back down and placing her pillow over her head. She felt a little bad for having to do that but it kinda hurt.

There really wasn't anything she wanted at the moment, maybe it would be best if she slept for the rest of the day. Charlotte curled into a ball knowing the Captain would be awaiting an answer.

She placed her head onto the pillow and turned her body over to face the captain, "what do you do on a sick day or do demons even have sick days?"

Dealt was understanding, he has had his share of hangovers before. "Yes I can, sorry about that!" He thought at her question. "Well usually we consume the blood of virgins, raze a village, and just pillage!" He smiled and laughed quietly. "No I am kidding, we take the pain just like you do, drink water, and rest." He tapped his chin. "Some have other ways depending on their skills, I could heal you, but that requires you to make a deal with me."

"You know that was quite the show you and Yuna put on last night, I didn't think you would have even attempted it. But it was also a beautiful song you sang last night as well." He wondered just how much she remembered. "Do you remember the promise you made me last night?" He hoped she didn't, but in a way he hoped she did. Maybe she forget about the dance as well.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus