Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily) Topic Starter

Charlotte studied the Captain's face for a moment and shook her head, "Captain, you are too sweet but this is not the first time I woke up sore! You're talking to a dancer of the Bizare Wonders, remember?" Charlotte walked over to the Captain and gave him a reassuring peck on the cheek.

"After spending so much time with pirates you start to toughen up, but thank you for worrying." Charlotte tried to console the Captain by rubbing his hair like a child, she wouldn't say it aloud but his concern was somewhat adorable.

Charlotte turned on her heel to step towards the office window to look at the blue beautiful sky. She knew it would be another day of hard work but at least the weather looked nice.

"Ah, another day of fine weather, right Captain?" Charlotte signed and swayed a bit before turning back to face the Captain once more. She loudly clapped her hands twice and put on a big grin.

"Let us get to work, hm?" Charlotte hoped her upbeat nature would cause the Captain to do his usual chuckle.
Dealt (played by Dharlas)

Dealt gave a chuckle after she gave him a peck a small bit of flush crossed his cheeks. "Alright Charlotte if you are sure."

He wasn't used to having his hair tussled but he just accepted it from her. "Its always a nice day at sea around my ship. I never let the storm touch my ship if I can help it!" He boasted a bit, her claps were unexpected but did cause him to chuckle slightly. "Alright Charlotte lets get to work."

Charlotte stood as if she were a soldier and saluted, "aye captain!" She shouted confidently, turning on her heel and marching out onto the front deck. Charlotte did her usual work, as she checked on her crew and did whatever the Captain had asked of her. She also kept the Captain's warning in mind to not overwork herself and so she kept any heavy lifting to a minimum.

Three weeks later they had finally arrived at their destination unscathed and unharmed as the Captain had promised them before. They were a little early to their destination which was great for their client, but they still needed to hold up their promise to Dealt that they would give him half their payment.

It took a little while, but the group finally had their chance to perform and everything went well as expected. It was time to find their next destination in this new country and make a name for themselves as the Bizare Wonders but before that could happen they needed to do one more thing.

Charlotte was back on the Captain's ship that was docked outside the city, she was carrying a bag of gold that was supposed to be given to him as part of their deal. Cicero thought it would be a good idea to send her since she was closest to the Captain as his servant.

As Charlotte walked across the creaky wooden floor she couldn't help but feel a little melancholy because it was the end of their journey. She probably won't see the crew or Captain ever again, but that was alright. Charlotte would never forget this experience for the rest of her life and hopefully, the captain won't forget her.

Charlotte knocked on the Captain's cabin door and opened it as quietly as she could, she would walk into the office for one last time absorbing the scenery before it was gone. She gently placed the gold on the Captain's desk and mumbled quietly, "umm...hello, Captain...I brought the gold as promised."

What a clumsy way to start a conversation, she thought to herself, Charlotte glanced at the Captain and slowly stepped back from his desk. There was one last thing she wanted to do before she said goodbye.

"Uh..um.." Charlotte stared at the floor, swaying, her hands behind her back as if she was hiding something.

Dealt gave her a slight chuckle. Her nature always seemed to get him in a better mood. Maybe it was how goofy she was. The last few weeks passed in a blur. Everything ran smoothly and he was just waiting for the inevitable end to their journey together.

He saw them off when they made port and he and his crew waited around for their payment. Dealt trusted them to return, it was I'm the contract after all. He browsed the local shops to find a gift for Charlotte. He felt he owed her for all she did.

He came across a little jewelry shop and picked out a pair of earrings. Made from gold with a little ruby dangling from each. He paid for them and waited for them to return with their earnings.

As she stepped foot on the ship he knew she arrived. He waited with baited breath as she entered. As she placed the gold down he gave her w wry smile and moved it off to the side.

Dealt smirked at her, she seemed to he nervous and he stood up and walked over to her. Producing the earrings from his pocket he gave them to her. "I don't know if you would like these but I figured you might so I bought them for you. As thanks for your hard work. But it seems like it's time to part ways..." he trailed off as his throat caught. Clearing his throat with a short cough he started again. "But who knows, maybe I will kidnap you and your troupe again!" He gave her a small laugh trying to hide the fact that he would miss her greatly.

Charlotte's body begun to tense up as the Captain stepped closer to her, but immediately relaxed when he produced a pair of earrings from his pocket. Her eyes widened and twinkled as she admired its beauty. It made her feel a little bad for the cheap gift she had behind her back.

"Will I accept these absolutely beautiful earrings? Why, of course, I will!" Charlotte giggled for a second and pulled out a gift of her own to give to the Captain she looked a little embarrassed to reveal what she had.

"Here, this is for you...!" Charlotte revealed from behind her back plain white flowers, she carefully placed them on his desk and stepped back a bit.

"The locals call these flowers 'Heavenly Tears', it is said to glow in the dark when you sprinkle their petals with water." Charlotte hastily explained, "a-and it is also said to bring good fortune I think."

After giving her gift she took the Captain's gift and delicately placed it in her back pocket to wear later. The room fell silent, Charlotte chuckled a bit at the Captain's joke, but she was to busy trying to figure out the proper way of saying goodbye until she finally had an idea.

"..."

She approached him quietly and gently cupped his face with her hands she tilted her head and leaned into his face and giving him a quick kiss across lips.

Charlotte stepped back her cheeks blushing a visible red, "that was for being so kind to me..." For a second she looked the Captain in the eyes and smiled, but her smile quickly turned to annoyance as her blush disappeared and she playfully punched his shoulder.

"And that was for making Yuna spit water all over me!" That was weeks ago but she was still a little upset about it, but it kinda brightened the mood.

Charlotte started walking back towards the door, directing her hand to the doorknob, "goodbye, Captain." She bowed and did one last salute before walking off the ship.

Charlotte's behavior made Dealt laugh, he found it endearing. He wasn't expecting a gift as well. He watched as she placed them on his desk and smiled. "Heavenly tears, for a demon? Well I love them thank you so much Charlotte. I will make sure someone takes care of them when I take leave."

He smiled and laughed then grew still as the room grew silent. He wasn't sure what to do, but his head snapped to her when she broke the silence. He was surprised to have her lips grace his even if it was for the briefest of moments. The red of her face seemed to rub off onto him as well as his face flushed as well.

Which disappeared quickly when she punched him. Which only was replaced with laughter again. "Well I am sorry for that, I couldn't help it!" He watched as she gave her final salute and walked out the door. His heart was heavy but he had one last thing to do.

He stormed out of his cabin and began barking orders to his crew, getting ready to sail out of port and back to where he belonged, out on the sea. Just before he lost full sight of Charlotte, he made eye contact and gave her a salute, before he sailed off and away.

SelfishCreativeEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

Dealt came down himself to inspect the spoils his men had claimed. It had been a while since they had done any pirating. But those foolish enough to cross his waters deserved the punishment they received! He inspected the people they had captured, looking over the haul they stole and a smile crossed his lips. "Well we don't really have use for more people aboard this vessel! Looks like we are going to have to cut them lose boys!"

One by one they grabbed people and stripped them of what little they may have had left and readied to push them off the plank. But something was nagging at Dealt. He eyed the elderly woman. Something he couldn't place just yet. He called for a halt. And he approached the woman. Staring down at her his golden eyes were filled with anger, something about her he didn't like.

"Who are you?"

tenor.gif

Dealt stared down at the woman as she chuckled. He knew something was off about her. When she revealed her face to be Charlotte's it only angered him. He knew she couldn't look the same after these years. As he face melted off to what he assumed was her real face, he slowly drew his blade.

The somber look he had, he had two conclusions. This creature either devoured Charlotte and used her likeness and memories to track him, or she was able to shapeshift into people he knew. Either way he leveled his sword towards her, ready to swing.

"I do not know how you had that face, or why you thought it was appropriate to wear it, but I will not allow you to continue on!" He steeled his grip ready to end her in one swing. "Do you have any last words?" His eyes cold and merciless, ready to back up his words with the cold reality that is steel slicing through bone.

tenor.gif

Dealt just stood there unflinching to her voice, unconcerned with the power she thought she had, her voice only seemed to agitate him further. He only smirked at her. "Be thankful I didn't use the other one, you would be dead where you stand." Her behavior seemed perplexed him, especially since she turned her back on someone with a sword. A fool would strike at that point, but Dealt knew better, anyone willing to turn their back is very certain they are fine. He waited for another opening, cutlass ready to strike.

When she turned back around she appeared as Charlotte again, it made him stop for a second before he steeled himself once more. His eyes narrowed at her. "Oh you are not wrong it definitely will need to be more convincing because so far you are only serving to piss me off more!" He wasn't expecting to see Charlotte like this. "There is no way you can be her, so I can only assume you have taken her soul for your own." He gave her a malicious grin. "I would be more than happy to carve it out of you if that's the case!"

tenor.gif

Dealt watched her undress herself wary of what she might do next. Blade at the ready for the slightest infraction. The melting face was a pretty nasty image, but not one that he and his crew couldnt stomach.

But the laughter, that irritated him. Especially since she looked just like Charlotte. "So you dont have that magic. Fine then, how would you prove it?" He posed the question and dropped his guard sheathing his blade while he prepared to grab his hidden knife.

Her words hit him hard, and he didnt care for them. He stifled a grown at her request but step forward to her, hand still ready to stab her if he needed. "Fine then, prove to me who you say you are." He didnt know what to think. Was this her or not?

tenor.gif

Dealt still eyes her suspiciously. "No of course not, I have been around far longer than anyone can count. To become unreasonable after a short amount of time would be quite terrible." Dealt hushed his men and reassured them he was fine. He pondered her theory for a moment. "In theory that makes sense, however, using your own power to mask your power, would that not still leave a trail to be found? Now I would accept that some illusionary work, or distractions would help with the disguise. But using magic to conceal magic, is still magic."

This was a new theory to him, but he had other methods of concealing himself that he didn't need such methods. Tapping at his chin he still struggled to believe her. "I know your trick now but that isn't proof you are Charlotte. But for the time being, I can watch you very closely." His eyes never left her for a second. "I don't believe you, but I am open to continuing this conversation else where." He wasn't convinced that she could be Charlotte and... whatever she is now. Had he been fooled all along? Or was this just some new trickster?

tenor.gif

Dealt eyed her up. "That probably would be best. Especially since I have no guarantee on your word yet. Would be prudent of you to be thankful I give you the chance." He dropped his guard, if she were to attack she would have already. He lead them to the cabin, but before disappearing into the cabin he signaled for his men to finish off the rest of their bounty.

He went and sat at his desk conjuring his pitcher of water and poured some over the flowers Charlotte had left him. "If you are who you claim you are the you know what these are and their importance." They did have a glow to them, he had missed Charlotte dearly, she was quite the wonderful cabin girl for sure. "Now if you are her then you know of the time we spent together on that bed." He undid his cloak and hung it up. Giving her a naughty look. "Care to repeat it?" He knew how Charlotte would act, so he needed to test this impostor.

tenor.gif

Dealt chuckled a bit. "Yes of course I would. It was a gift from a special person after all." He stopped to ponder her query. "Perhaps I would, but that is up to you."

Her laughter threw him off for a moment, until she followed up with her comment. "Perhaps I was the cause of it, but you missed out on a good opportunity." He wasn't full sure if it was her or note, but he was warming up to the idea of it. He took his seat across the desk and motioned for her to sit as well.

"It's nice to see you kept the earrings at least." He gave her a small smile. "I trust you for the time being, but going forward. Its really good to see you again ummm... Charlotte? Is that even your name? You had me fooled for three months so regardless of our history you must understand my lack of concern for this identity. Now knowing the one before was a lie." He looked at the flowers. "Tarnishes the memory." He looked back at her again.

"So what can I do for my favorite cabin girl?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus