Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Charlotte Evergrande (played by Lumaslily) Topic Starter

tenor.gif
Dealt (played by Dharlas)

Dealt's thoughts were confirmed by her manner, Charlotte was just a mask and he would have to react to this person as exactly who she was, a stranger. He eased into the back of his chair. "Yes rather interesting indeed, seems fate draws us together once more." Conjuring his water her poured them both a glass and dismissed the pitcher.

Watching her change stance in her chair was bothersome. 'So much for old friends' He thought callously. "Well as you say you would be an idiot, for you know me but I know nothing of you. So something for nothing is not in my book." He sneered her way. "A problem indeed, as I am unsure whether or not you are capable of swimming, and of what you can use to pay your way." He gave her a flippant look. "Previously there was a chance to bed you, amongst the other deals, but you however don't have that demeanor."

Her words rang in his head, her familiarity bothered him as she wasn't the person he was remembering. "Fine, Rubedo. We may catch up before we continue forward. Not much happened over the sixty or so years, just your average pillaging and pirating. The odd deal, but no one has destroyed the world as of yet so no one actually interesting. What about you after you spent three months aboard my ship lying to me?" He shot her a disgustingly sweet smile and took a drink.

tenor.gif

Dealt just scoffed at her, another lie. "Oh this is just another mask then? Can't say I am too surprised, seems like its in your nature to deceive everyone around you. Or at least just me. You can swim back ashore if that isn't too much of a pain..." He stopped mid sentence at the small box of jewels, and begun to laugh.

"Clearly you have forgotten who you are speaking to! Money only goes so far and you know I always look for something more. Plus you don't have enough wealth to satiate my appetite." He gave her look of disappointment. "I thought you would have known me a bit better than that. It's really a shame."

He chuckled at her comment of his lifestyle. "Pirating is my hobby you know, it's my break from being used by others who just want something from me. To take back if you will, granted I do get things my way in a way, but I am just someone's tool. I means to an end." He stopped a little when she talked of Charlotte's life. "Oh a lover eh? Well good for her, shy girl needed a good one."

His sentence cut short as she caused spasms across his vessel, his crew complaining and cursing out on deck. She beat him to the flowers which he angrily took from her. "Look if you can't control your emotions that's your business, but if you are going to be on my ship you are going to leave it no worse for wear, alright?" He placed the flowers on the desk himself. "Look if demon's messed up your plans, sounds like a problem for someone else. You have your powers, I have mine. Sounds like my lower class 'cousins'.." He said with anger in his voice. "..that did that, and frankly the less I have to deal with their brain dead ilk the better. So unless there is a reason you are still aboard my boat.." He let the question hang in the air, awaiting a response worth his time.

tenor.gif

He gave her a grin. "No not me. What you see is what you get. I keep things fair and even, if someone isn't intelligent enough to have a battle of wits against me, then that is their folly for getting tricked into an unfair deal. Oh ugly they may be, but that doesn't make them any less true!"

He sat back in his chair and scratched at his chin. "Fair enough, you have your secrets, I have mine after all. But yes I am, something a bit more stable would be nice." He sat in silence as he listened to her story. "Oh hordes you say? Well that could be quite a problem! Now why would they bother with the opera house of a sweet thing like Charlotte?"

He laughed when she stated her offers. "Oh Rubedo, it makes me glad when you say the word 'defile', mind saying it again? No perhaps in my younger days would I 'defile' your body. But frankly the amount of shame and remorse you would feel would be an unbalanced payment. I would end up owing you too much..." He stopped to think of what could possibly be a good offer.

"Oh if they came to the sea they would die where they stood and the sea would dispose of their bodies. Just like anything to cross me out here. I may be the demon lord of wind and chaos, but the sea is my domain." He just sat and pondered. "Alright, I will hear your request, what is it you want. EXACTLY, what you want. I need to know what I am dealing with!" He paused for a second. "And you better damn well believe there will be a protection clause for me! I don't want you lying and I am stuck footing the bill!"

tenor.gif

Dealt eyed her suspiciously, trying to get a read of her. He found it quite difficult to do but he never stop trying. When she finally mentioned what she wanted he stopped to think of an appropriate price.

"So you need help finding them? Well that shouldnt be too hard depending on what you want. If you want company or do you want divination, the price will change." He stopped to think.

"Alright. I will accompany you. For my price though, I will expect payment for all fees, food, lodging, etc, unless I choose something my self. And to read your thoughts. I still don't trust you fully and I want to know what you are thinking." He had an evil idea.

"Or in exchange instead you have to answer any question I ask of you honestly. Fighting the magic would only serve to harm you, so I wouldn't reccomend it." With a snap two contracts appeared, each for one of the two payments. "Sign whichever you choose and we can get started."

tenor.gif

Dealt laughed. "No but from how I see it, you are prone to lying. I dont want to spend my time questioning everything you say. Plus, I think it would be fun." He watched as she signed the second contract. He was delighted because frankly this would be more fun.

"Do you think you live this long without a healthy dose of paranoia?" He stood up and offered his hand. "All that's left is to shake my hand to activate the deal. There will be a mark on your hand but it won't hurt. It can be elsewhere if you like, but of you resist the deal that's where the pain will come from."

Taking her hand the magic would ignite from the place she chose for it to appear. "You can cover it if you like and it barely emits and magic." He chuckled knowing she couldnt lie, to him at least. "Yes one question. Are you really Charlotte from before?"

tenor.gif

Dealt only smiled with her answer. "Well I guess I have no choice but to believe you now." He chuckled and eased back into his chair. But grew tense at her question. Staring daggers at her. "You know I don't owe you the truth right? I could lie and it's up to you to figure it out."

He sighed a bit. He wasn't going to let one question stop him. "But fine. It was a sweet moment. A shy young thing like her opening up and bringing some cheer around. It was more remorse from the fact she would leave. But there was a tinge of I guess romantic interest would be the correct term."

He was annoyed by this but he could afford the late Charlotte some respect. Standing up he retrieved his cloak and made for the cabin door. "Alright, so your sisters any idea where they could be? The sooner the better, I have my own problems to deal with as well." He went and held the door for her, yelling orders to the crew to be ready to head to... who the hell even knows yet.

tenor.gif

Dealt just gave her a stare. "I will have you know I am a great liar, it's one of the many skills I employ for my trade. But you may not be familiar with however is, the truth. Which is what I told you. But I feel by the end of this journey you and the truth will become the best of friends!" He shot her a nonplussed grin, not even realizing he had been played.

"Astoria? Can't say that I have, if I did, I don't recall." He couldn't remember if he had, but that gave him a certain amount of excitement, new places can always be interesting. "Give us the direction, and we will start our journey. Hopefully it isn't too far off!" His crew would start prepping to make their way in the direction she gave them.

He stopped off by one of the sides of the ship. "Tell me about these sisters, how many are we looking for? And what are they like?" He had a lot of questions to ask, and frankly they had the time to give him some answers.

tenor.gif

Dealt grimaced. "Five days eh? Well we are doing it in two." With a snap of his fingers the wind shifted hard blowing towards the direction she pointed at. The crew scrambled and got the ship pointed in the right direction. The ship cut through the sea easily. Bouncing along the waves making haste towards their destination.

He stopped a moment. "A demon joining a church? And I thought I was an outlier in demonic culture. Why would she do this? What is in it for her?" He marched off to his cabin expecting her to follow.

"Your other sister is a demon lord in your realm, so why would we have to search for her then? He made his way to his chair and motioned for her to take the bed. "To get there with this speed I will need to basically go into a trance. So, is there anything else you need? You have been aboard before so I know you know how to feed yourself. The bed can be yours."

He partially didnt want to spend two days aboard the ship with her. It made conflicting memories for him. Which frankly he would like to keep as uncontaminated as possible.

tenor.gif

Dealt looked across from her. Her personality so much different than the Charlotte he knew. The playful teasing was fun but it was her mumbling which really made him question her intentions. "As nice as it is to have another body next to mine while I rest, somehow I doubt you could provide the same comfort as the last one to share my bed."

His face remained rigid and unflinching. He was poking her to test her. He could just ask but that is more for things he needed to know. This was more for curiosity. Which means to keep his enjoyment he now had to watch his words.

He leaned back in his chair. "So she wanted to explore human culture interesting. I guess it's one way to do it.." he was curious there are far better ways but, to each their own. "Alright I am going under now, I will see you in two days. Don't tempt my crew please. Oh" He summoned his water. "If you want some of the good water go ahead. But do NOT drink from the source. Pour into a cup only."

His tone was serious. "It will kill you. It is a terrible death. You won't stop drinking until it fills your body and you drown, it turns to mud as it enters your mouth but you cant stop swallowing." He suddenly switched to a sweet smile and tone and pointed to his liquor cabinet. "So use a glass or cup ok?"

Then he went under until they reached their destination.

tenor.gif

Dealt meditated peacefully for the length of the journey. Waking when they arrived, Rubedo who used his bed was still asleep when he awoke so he went above deck. Stretching as he walked he drew his cowl and made sure they docked properly. Shouting orders to the men. Giving a list of items that he needed for the ship to the crew for their supplies.

Shortly Rubedo appeared from the cabin and he smirked at her. "Good morning sleepyhead, since you slept in my bed did you dream of me?" He chuckled slightly at his tease. "We have arrived in your town, and I hope we can make a hasty and effective journey so then we can part ways again!" He began to walk down the gangplank to the port. The smell he was almost as familiar with as the sea, ports. Ale, mead, wine, meat, food, filth. All of it he loved. It was his third home away from home.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Demons and Spices 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus