Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Lair of the Khajiit (CLOSED)

Fawn Hallah (played by Wolfzone92)

Fawn stopped, listened to Qash and took a breath.

"Thank you Qash. I have to remember to do that. I am quite sorry for my outburst. I will do better to control my emotions." Fawn blushed a little. She wasn't the type to be too much of a "girl" but this was the one time she lost her cool.

Fawn did as instructed. She kept her hands on the walls, looking for anything.

"This room is so dark, the light from this torch barely lights up the room. But ill keep checking Qash."

A few moments passes by which seems like forever for fawn. As she searches for a way out of the room, a flashback begins to play in her mind. She does her best to do what she can. The bite from the wolf keeps shooting pain up her arm.

"This pain, how i wish that wolf would bit something else."

Fawn leans back against the cool brick walls.

"This feels nice." Fawn put her hand on her head. She can tell she's starting to have a fever.

"Im burning up so bad, i can feel the sweat just pouring off of me. Qash, you and durlin have to jeep going, i......i......i dont think i can keep this up for much longer. "

"Ahhh, this is pain is so hard to take. Almost like a poison shooting into my arm."

Fawn unwraps her arm to look at it. She lays her arm on her knees and brings the torch up to her arm so she can see it better. It's not good.

Her arm is starting to smell. And the wound keeps bleeding. Fawn breaks down for a few seconds and crys to herself, letting the tears flow down her cheeks.

Fawn then cracks a joke.

"Well, one thing about this quest, you guys will be abke to keep my gold and sell my items for a good price."

"Qash, Durlin, im......im......im dying......" is all fawn could get out as she passes out on the floor!!!!

As she passes out, her life flashes before her eyes.

"Is this really the end? I wanted to do so much more with my life." This questions echo in her mind.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"It's Dulirn..." the wizard muttered, as if he were more concerned with the mispronunciation of his name than he was that the princess was collapsing to the floor.

Urir, however, scooted over to the fallen Fawn immediately. He sets the large pack down on the floor next to her, then lifts her arm to better inspect the wound. His hands are nearly as wrinkled as his face, but surprisingly clean considering the state of his hat that looks as if it's a decade overdue for a cleaning. He pokes at the wound, checking how deep the cuts have gone. Then ducks his head to smell it, noting the hint of oder emanating from it.

His wrinkled face contorted a bit in a grimace. "Eh... don't look good. Shouldna've festered that fast..." he muttered suspiciously, wondering if the wolves had been magically "enhanced" with some kind of fast acting disease.

"You got healing magic?" he asked Qash, his earlier bashfulness gone now that someone's life might be on the line. He knew Dulirn had none. He set Fawn's arm back down gently, then began digging into his pack to retrieve bandages and other first aid supplies. "Else we'll need to get 'er outta here..."
Gnome Wizard (played by Krispythekritter)

Qash shook her head. The magic that Qash possessed was more for inflicting pain or creating things. Healing was not her specialty. The gnome did not know the first thing about healing. All the gnome knew was about death but even that knowledge was limited. Her work caused her to work with the corpses of animals.

"No magical healing. Have potion," Qash said.

Qash tried to keep a small stash of healing potion on her. Knowing that she could need them down the road. Reaching into the bag she kept near her hip she pulled out a glass container. Walking over towards Urir she would hand him the vial. It may not help but it was all she had.

"Hope it helps."

The idea of leaving was not appealing but their options were limited. If the potion was unsuccessful they may not have a choice. They could leave the woman behind but that would still leave her in danger. Creatures lurked around the labyrinth and could easily devour a sick and injured woman. One of them would need to stay with her and the other could not tackle this place alone.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Urir took the offered potion and unstoppered it quickly, giving it a short sniff.

"Here's to hoping," he said, using one hand to lift her head up while the other poured the liquid into her mouth. He poured slowly and only a little bit at a time, looking for signs that she was actually swallowing the potion and not breathing it into her lungs.

Dulirn, meanwhile, was still working on investigating the room itself, seemingly confident in Urir's ability to administer medicine to bring Fawn back around.

"Come on. Wake up, girl," Urir said, hoping to see the potion taking some effect, giving Fawn's face a light tap, his oversized hat nearly brushing her forehead in the process.
Ja'vassa and Kisavi (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

((oops, I forgot about this, my apologies.))

Though the Khajiit was mildly amused as he watched the group fight off the bears and he was happy when it seemed they were able to move on, though once one of them fell, a frown spread across his face. "What a pity..." He muttered to himself, soon sending out a pair of Atronachs to meet with the group. "Normally I wouldn't do this, but I like your group, Dulirn. These atronachs have Potions of Extreme Healing, it'll heal you up quite a bit. Use them sparingly, this is your only gift from me." Ja'vassa explained as the Atronachs finally arrived, offering them seven of the potions. "I will personally come down to heal you four myself, it's been too long since I've seen such a lively bunch, so it'd be a shame to watch you and your allies die, especially so soon.." With that, the... intercom had turned off with the Atronachs remaining near the group. Unfortunately, it would be a few moments before the Dragonborn would be able to reach them as his lair was a fair distance from the areas near the entrance.

Fawn was lost in her own mind. All she could see was darkness all around her. Suddenly, a small light began to shine. It so bright. Fawn covered her eyes and walked towards the light. It was as if something was telling her to go towards the light. "This feeling, i can't explain it" she thought to herself. Her own voice ehcoed in her mind.

Qash was not sure what to make of the creatures that came into the room. There was almost ethereal about them. Something magical in nature. Qash was not going to spend much time thinking on them. Her attention went towards the potion vials they were handed. She furrowed a brow hearing the reason behind the gift.

"Not one to turn away gifts," Qash said taking the potions from the creatures.

Qash handed one potion to each person. This would include Urir since he was traveling with them. There would come a time when Urir may need to take up arms himself. To protect himself when the others could not. Qash returned her attention towards Fawn who seemed to be doing better. It was hard for the small gnome wizard to know.

"Should we give her 'nother to make sure?" Qash asked the other two.

Qash was not wanting to waste all of their potions. Fawn would still have hers if she would be able to rouse herself enough to claim it. Otherwise they would be forced to use one. They had an extra between them but thought they should save it for an emergency.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"...but I like your group, Dulirn..."

The wizard's eyebrows went up a little, slightly surprised, but also very pleased to have their little expedition referred to as his group. Well, why shouldn't they be? He and his natural leadership capabilities, he thought, giving himself another mental pat on the back, his ego that had already been inflated from his success with the spell to turn the bears to stone ticking up yet another notch.

"Better to save the potions," Dulirn answered Qash. "If the ... whatever he is ... Ja'vassa thing, is coming to heal her anyway."

Urir looked up nervously, then back down at Fawn, looking for any sign that the first healing potion had done her any good. "He best hurry up..." he muttered.

Fawn could see a dim light coming to her eyes. She spoke but briefly.

"What.....what's that light?" She spoke very softly, almost too soft for anyone to hear. A moment later, her eyes began to flutter open.

"Where, where am I?" She asked outloud. Then she quickly remembered what happened to her. She spranged up and checked her arm as if that was the most important thing to do.

Her arm was almost healed. There was still a small gap in her wound but the bleeding had stopped.

She looked around at her friends. She also looked around the room.

"How? How did you guys heal my arm?" Fawn looked up at her friends with a bit of shock on her face.

Qash agreed they should save their potions. She shifted her attention to Urir. He seemed to be the group's unofficial treasurer. Urir was looking after the important artifacts and important items. She trusted him to keep their things safe. Their trip into the labyrinth was only just beginning and if this indicated how their journey was going they would need each of those potions down the road.

"Potion," Qash said to Fawn.

Her eyes looked down towards the woman laying on the ground. That was only the explanation she had to offer at this time. Nothing else made sense in her mind. Neither Qash nor Dulirn could use healing magic so that explanation was out. She thought about also saying that their employer was the reason she was healed.

"Or maybe him."

Qash pointed towards the reptilian male heading their way. The gnome looked around waiting for Fawn to stand or for them to make their next decision. She was ready to move on from the room they were in.
Ja'vassa and Kisavi (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

It didn't take too long for the Khajiit himself to reach the group, just shortly behind the pair of Atronachs. "I'm impressed with the progress from your group so far." He said to Dulirn. "I'd recommend saving up on the potions for now, there's plenty others hiding in the labyrinth, but there's no way to know if you'll find them. Like I said before, I'll focus on healing your wounds that way you won't have to waste your potions. I'm eager to see if someone will finally manage to clear these tunnels, so I'll heal you just this once." Ja'vassa said, readying to dualcast some Heal Other spells, starting with Fawn first. "Having a nice pool of Magicka and numerous restoration spells is quite useful, especially when exploring dungeons like this." After finishing with Fawn, he moved onto Qash, and eventually Urir and Dulirn. Eventually, he'd finish with the healing and he offered a smile towards them.

"Alright, that should do it. Good luck with the remainder of your exploration here. I hope the next time we meet, it'll be in my chambers. Just a reminder, my chambers hold enough gold to last all of you for generations. I hope the untold riches will be enough to keep you trudging along." And with that, the Khajiit waved towards them before heading off once again, using an Invisibility potion before he would disappear into the darkness of the many tunnels. HE could only hope that the spells would be enough to keep them running.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

The severe sunburn from his earlier mishap was soothed, leaving Dulirn refreshed, but also uneasy.

Just what was this Khajiit creature? And how had he come to possess so much magic? Gold, while certainly appealing, was secondary to learning where this creature drew his power. Was it tied only to this labyrinth of his? Or did it extend beyond?

"Was that the reward?" Urir asked the adventurers. "The potions?"

Reposting map for reference:

4CdU2qC.png

Fawn got up slowly. She walked over to Durlin. "I thank you and you Qash as well as Urir. You all have been most helpful. Durlin, when we make it out of here, if, if we make it out of here, i will see to it that you will have anything you want. That is a deal weather we make it or not. My father definitely will be abke to knight you my good sir. Being a knight definitely has it's advantages. I should know, I've been kighted about four times now. The last one was for saving a princess's kids from a fire breathing dragon. Anyway, let's move on. The door seems to be open now and we should move quickly before it decides to dissapear from us again."

Fawn gestured from Durlin to go first.

"After you sir, since you are Our leader. Lead on."

Qash felt the healing energy washing over her. She thanked their benefactor for his generosity. Part of her was glad to hear that he enjoyed watching their efforts to combat whatever he threw their way. The gnome waited until the others were finished getting healed before resuming her search.

She suspected they would need to backtrack some to find a new pathway to seek. There was no others door in the room they were standing in. She looked towards the others as Dulirn was nominated to be their leader. She had no issues with that. Qash was not a leader herself. It was better that one of the others take the position and make the hard decisions. Qash would make sure to offer her own input but for the most part would follow Dulirn's lead.

"I think we need to backtrack near the beginning. There was more pathways back that way," Qash said.

Qash had found the treasure keys while she was searching the room. She handed them over to Urir for safe keeping. The gnome was not sure where the keys would be used. However, she knew they would be important. Qash would slowly make her way back towards the first fork in the pathway. They could make their next decision from there.

"There was a key. It was the reward. Urir has the key now. We should head towards the next room. I want to see what else this place in store for us. Which way do you chose?"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Urir shook his head in disbelief as Fawn barely gave him and Qash a second glance, the ones actually responsible for... you know ... making sure she didn't die! And instead was acting like Dulirn had somehow pulled a miracle out of his butt.

He gave Qash a sideways look as he stuffed the keys into a deep pocket and shrugged helplessly, as if to apologize for the slight.

Meanwhile, Dulirn grinned at the fair maid as he twirled the end of his mustache. "I would be most honored by the gesture, princess," always happy take credit whether he deserved it or not.

"Indeed, let's continue our quest!" the wizard exclaimed. "Always to the right to avoid getting lost."

Urir made a few hasty chalk marks on the walls here to indicate it had already been explored. Though there was probably little doubt that they'd recognize the bear statues if they came this way again. He made an 'X' on the floor back at the main tunnel, then followed the others as they turned right (North) up the long tunnel.

Still high on his success with the bears, Dulirn grabbed the door handle and threw open the door, ready to take on whatever lay inside.

((I've never played Elder Scrolls (assuming that's where everything comes from?). I'm going to need a good description and/or picture of 'Ash Spawn', please!))

gl-120938-1568391278.png

Fawn took the rear of their group. She wanted to make sure they all got out of that room as soon as possible. Fawn decided to listen around to see what there was to hear. "It would be really great if thise key unlivked a huge chest full of gold!" Fawn's eyes gleamed with delight.

But then she put her heand on her chin and looked down at the floor as they walked. She began to think. Before she knew it, she was talking outloud.

"You know, these key could also open up new doors to new areas here too. No telling what these keys are about to unlock. "

Qash kept quiet as they made their way towards the next door within the labyrinth. The keys could unlock any number of things. They could be used for doors. Or for treasure chests. Perhaps they did not unlock anything but was given to them as a test. A ruse or a cruel joke. Qash pondered the options as Dulirn opened the next door. It would not be long before their group was met with another battle.

The creatures inside of the room were grotesque to look at. They were humanoid in shape. However, the skin seemed to be a grey in color and sallow. It was gaunt in places and was loose. Or perhaps because it was not skin but perhaps soot or rock. Qash could not really tell. Flames licked lightly at the skin or rock. The eyes were glowing a burning red and there was also a strange light that seemed to emanate from deep within the stomach.

"Looks tough."

Qash thought about the best way to approach the situation. It seemed like fire was a bad idea. The creatures almost seemed to be powered by some kind of fire. Perhaps she could soak them or freeze them. Both options were viable. At first Qash was going to sit back and see what the others came up with. However, she knew they should end the battle quickly. The gnome would hold up her hands. A chilling blast left her hands and went shooting towards the nearest creature within range.

"Qash, i sure hope that blast works. If not, we need a back up plan. I'll put my shield up just in case. Durlin, try to use a water spell or perhaps a freezing spell while i got them distracted. "

Fawn put up her metal shield in front of her and her team.

Fawn looked around the room, careful to keep a eye on their enemies.

"Too bad there it's a sprinkler system in these tunnels. I could of sliced through it and maybe put there fire out that way." "Thoughts guys!!???"

Qash watched as the cold spring from her hands. It seemed to be having some sort of effect on the ash spawn. However, her spell was a little lacking when it came to power. The creatures were still able to move even with the chilling effects.

"Not enough," Qash mumbled.

The movements from the creatures would be slowed as the cold hardened some of their bodies. Her eyes drifted towards the others waiting for them to spring into action. The results should be apparent to the others what was happening with her spell.

"Anyone be able help?" she asked through gritted teeth.

Qash kept her focus on the slowing the creatures to the best of her ability.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn hesitated a loooong moment when he saw the creatures. Not out of any initial fear, but more of a befuddlement about what exactly he was looking at. Some kind of creature from the hell planes perhaps? Ones that lived off of fire? Or maybe some artificial construct create by the Khajiit. Certainly nothing that he'd ever seen before or read about in any of the bestiaries that he possessed back in his tower.

"oh, right..." he said, as his mind was pulled from his curiosity at the creatures themselves to the more immediate matter of how to kill them... or at least stop them from killing himself and his companions.

Qash's spell seemed to having a good effect on them. So Dulirn concentrated on the one closest to them and pulled a ball of destructive magical energy into his hands. Nothing fancy here. The good 'ol standby of 'Magic Missile'. With Qash keeping them held somewhat stationary, it was relatively easy to aim and the wizard hurled the ball of magical energy at the closest one. Instead, it hurled past and slammed into the one just behind the one he was actually aiming at.

Oh well, the effect was the same. The Ash Spawn crumbled into a pile of smoldering ash. One down. Two to go.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Lair of the Khajiit (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus