Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Lair of the Khajiit (CLOSED)

Fawn Hallah (played by Wolfzone92)

Fawn listen to what her friends were telling her. She had heard of people giving up far more then they wanted to for magic. She thought of the items she had came across in her travels. Her father had even ended up giving up his left arm so that his sword wouldn't of been taken from him seeing how the sword had been made from very expensive crystals.

"I've seen magic take from people, but I've also seen it help people too. I have a magical map that I got from a wizard such one like yourself Durlin. It doesn't work in here though, ive already tried that right before I got here to the tunnels. My father lost more then just his body to the search for other much stronger magic. He lost his family and his soul all at once."

She thought of what the others had said about magic coming with a price.

"I'm pretty sure I'm willing to give up what I can, besides, I'm looking for a Adventures anyway"

As Durlin opened the door, Fawn could hear the bears!! She froze up for a few moments. As one of the bears charge at them she closed her eyes and hid behind Durlin. After hearing the bear be turned into stone, she stuck her tongue out at the creature and laughed. When the other bears were turned to stone she was even more happy for her team.

"Yes let us take our reward and leave this door. I'm starting to feel like we aren't in Kansas anymore toto" Fawn said making a joke.

There were chunks of some of the wall laying on the ground. Fawn ended tripping over a very sharp piece of it and fell to the ground.

Just then the floor opened up and had fawn it its grasp!!

"Uh, guys, I dont think we're leaving just yet! Help!!!" Fawn yelled.
The door to the room had disappeared completely!!

(1-3 fawn gets out herself ) (4-6 Durlin and the others helps her)

rolled 1d6 and got 4

Gnome Wizard (played by Krispythekritter)

Qash readied herself for another incoming attack. As she was getting ready to fire a spell towards the bear she witness the stones grasping at the bears. It curled around the legs and moved outwards. Lowering her hands she watched the bears scramble about the room trying to flee from their fate.

Qash was ready to move on when Fawn fell into a hole. Looking over the edge of the hole she peered into the expanse. The woman was calling put to them to pull her out of the hole. Qash was not certain she would even succeed at the task. She was short and light weight. More than likely she would be pulled into the hole herself.

"Can either of you get her out?" she asked the other two men.

The gnome was not certain that Urir would be up to the task either. Her eyes fell on Durlin as the task would fall to him. It had occurred to her they could leave Fawn in the hole. However, untold dangers awaited them further inside the labyrinth. They would need her strength and sword to get through safely.

"Don't pull me in," Qash said holding out a hand to assist.

Fawn reached out to grab Qash's hand.

"I got your hand now. I'm gonna try to break free using my sword!"

Fawn took her sword in hand. While having a hold of Qash, she dug the sword into the floor! The sword began to glow with a light of a thousand moons! The light seemed to affected Fawn as well for her eyes were shining as well!

"With this sword of Calvina! I command you to release me at once!!!!"

Fawns yell could be heard from all over the tunnels.

With a quick slice from her blade, fawn was released and fell onto of Qash with a thud.

As fawn got to her feet, the light that was once there now was gone or had disappeared.

"I'm sorry for falling on you Qash." Fawn said as she helped her up.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"What?" Dulirn asked, rather belatedly, when Fawn yelled. He'd still been admiring his own handiwork at turning the bears into statues and was muttering to himself, trying to remember exactly the precise hand movements he'd used, the inflection of his tone. For never before had he had so much success with that particular spell.

"Oh, my apologies," he said, hurrying over to at least assist Fawn off of Qash, even if he'd been no help lifting her from the hole in first place.

Once they were recovered, he ventured further into the space, hunting for the reward that the mysterious Ja'vassa had promised...

Urir edged past the stone bears, still marking the wall as he went.

"Where is that stupid reward!?" Fawn shouted in anger. She wasn't very happy about being almost trapped in these tunnels.

"I swear, when we get out of these tunnels,......" fawn trailed off in her own thoughts.

"Durlin, if we're gonna be a team here, please for the love of all things magic pay attention to what's going on!? And Qash, thank you for the help. "

Fawn looked around a bit. But something bothered her.

"Where's the guy who made these tunnels anyway? I'm really surprised that we have seen him in quite some time now. You think he would GIVE US A HINT ABOUT OUR REWARD!!!" Fawn shouted that on purpose.

She then smiled at her team and said "Maybe that will get his attention now."

Qash fell to the ground under the weight of Fawn as she pulled her from the hole. It was rather painful but better than falling into the hole herself. There was only one other passageway in the room besides the one they came down. It seemed obvious to her that was where their reward would be lurking. Her feet carried her closer and closer towards where their treasure would be waiting for them.

"Complaining won't get us our reward. Nor taking out frustrations on our comrades. Take breaths and look around," Qash said.

She had rolled her eyes a little at her companions reactions and behaviors. Fawn seemed to be a little over the top when it came to how things were but that could have been for numerous reasons. She was a princess and they were often over the top. It was not always a bad thing and Qash could almost respect the woman for being so open with her life.

The hallway would head into another room. There was not other way into or out of the room. The treasure they were seeking should be located within the room. Qash would walk around the outside of the room at first searching for any hidden doorways. She was not very skilled with her perception but she was also searching for any magical means hidden within the room.

"Have you found anything?" Qash asked the others as they searched the room.

Fawn stopped, listened to Qash and took a breath.

"Thank you Qash. I have to remember to do that. I am quite sorry for my outburst. I will do better to control my emotions." Fawn blushed a little. She wasn't the type to be too much of a "girl" but this was the one time she lost her cool.

Fawn did as instructed. She kept her hands on the walls, looking for anything.

"This room is so dark, the light from this torch barely lights up the room. But ill keep checking Qash."

A few moments passes by which seems like forever for fawn. As she searches for a way out of the room, a flashback begins to play in her mind. She does her best to do what she can. The bite from the wolf keeps shooting pain up her arm.

"This pain, how i wish that wolf would bit something else."

Fawn leans back against the cool brick walls.

"This feels nice." Fawn put her hand on her head. She can tell she's starting to have a fever.

"Im burning up so bad, i can feel the sweat just pouring off of me. Qash, you and durlin have to jeep going, i......i......i dont think i can keep this up for much longer. "

"Ahhh, this is pain is so hard to take. Almost like a poison shooting into my arm."

Fawn unwraps her arm to look at it. She lays her arm on her knees and brings the torch up to her arm so she can see it better. It's not good.

Her arm is starting to smell. And the wound keeps bleeding. Fawn breaks down for a few seconds and crys to herself, letting the tears flow down her cheeks.

Fawn then cracks a joke.

"Well, one thing about this quest, you guys will be abke to keep my gold and sell my items for a good price."

"Qash, Durlin, im......im......im dying......" is all fawn could get out as she passes out on the floor!!!!

As she passes out, her life flashes before her eyes.

"Is this really the end? I wanted to do so much more with my life." This questions echo in her mind.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"It's Dulirn..." the wizard muttered, as if he were more concerned with the mispronunciation of his name than he was that the princess was collapsing to the floor.

Urir, however, scooted over to the fallen Fawn immediately. He sets the large pack down on the floor next to her, then lifts her arm to better inspect the wound. His hands are nearly as wrinkled as his face, but surprisingly clean considering the state of his hat that looks as if it's a decade overdue for a cleaning. He pokes at the wound, checking how deep the cuts have gone. Then ducks his head to smell it, noting the hint of oder emanating from it.

His wrinkled face contorted a bit in a grimace. "Eh... don't look good. Shouldna've festered that fast..." he muttered suspiciously, wondering if the wolves had been magically "enhanced" with some kind of fast acting disease.

"You got healing magic?" he asked Qash, his earlier bashfulness gone now that someone's life might be on the line. He knew Dulirn had none. He set Fawn's arm back down gently, then began digging into his pack to retrieve bandages and other first aid supplies. "Else we'll need to get 'er outta here..."

Qash shook her head. The magic that Qash possessed was more for inflicting pain or creating things. Healing was not her specialty. The gnome did not know the first thing about healing. All the gnome knew was about death but even that knowledge was limited. Her work caused her to work with the corpses of animals.

"No magical healing. Have potion," Qash said.

Qash tried to keep a small stash of healing potion on her. Knowing that she could need them down the road. Reaching into the bag she kept near her hip she pulled out a glass container. Walking over towards Urir she would hand him the vial. It may not help but it was all she had.

"Hope it helps."

The idea of leaving was not appealing but their options were limited. If the potion was unsuccessful they may not have a choice. They could leave the woman behind but that would still leave her in danger. Creatures lurked around the labyrinth and could easily devour a sick and injured woman. One of them would need to stay with her and the other could not tackle this place alone.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Urir took the offered potion and unstoppered it quickly, giving it a short sniff.

"Here's to hoping," he said, using one hand to lift her head up while the other poured the liquid into her mouth. He poured slowly and only a little bit at a time, looking for signs that she was actually swallowing the potion and not breathing it into her lungs.

Dulirn, meanwhile, was still working on investigating the room itself, seemingly confident in Urir's ability to administer medicine to bring Fawn back around.

"Come on. Wake up, girl," Urir said, hoping to see the potion taking some effect, giving Fawn's face a light tap, his oversized hat nearly brushing her forehead in the process.
Ja'vassa and Kisavi (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

((oops, I forgot about this, my apologies.))

Though the Khajiit was mildly amused as he watched the group fight off the bears and he was happy when it seemed they were able to move on, though once one of them fell, a frown spread across his face. "What a pity..." He muttered to himself, soon sending out a pair of Atronachs to meet with the group. "Normally I wouldn't do this, but I like your group, Dulirn. These atronachs have Potions of Extreme Healing, it'll heal you up quite a bit. Use them sparingly, this is your only gift from me." Ja'vassa explained as the Atronachs finally arrived, offering them seven of the potions. "I will personally come down to heal you four myself, it's been too long since I've seen such a lively bunch, so it'd be a shame to watch you and your allies die, especially so soon.." With that, the... intercom had turned off with the Atronachs remaining near the group. Unfortunately, it would be a few moments before the Dragonborn would be able to reach them as his lair was a fair distance from the areas near the entrance.

Fawn was lost in her own mind. All she could see was darkness all around her. Suddenly, a small light began to shine. It so bright. Fawn covered her eyes and walked towards the light. It was as if something was telling her to go towards the light. "This feeling, i can't explain it" she thought to herself. Her own voice ehcoed in her mind.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((What are "Atronachs"?))

((
Dulirn wrote:

Daedra servants he summons.))
Dulirn (played by Juls)

((
Ja wrote:
((
Dulirn wrote:

Daedra servants he summons.))

Those are the raptor lookin' things?))

Qash was not sure what to make of the creatures that came into the room. There was almost ethereal about them. Something magical in nature. Qash was not going to spend much time thinking on them. Her attention went towards the potion vials they were handed. She furrowed a brow hearing the reason behind the gift.

"Not one to turn away gifts," Qash said taking the potions from the creatures.

Qash handed one potion to each person. This would include Urir since he was traveling with them. There would come a time when Urir may need to take up arms himself. To protect himself when the others could not. Qash returned her attention towards Fawn who seemed to be doing better. It was hard for the small gnome wizard to know.

"Should we give her 'nother to make sure?" Qash asked the other two.

Qash was not wanting to waste all of their potions. Fawn would still have hers if she would be able to rouse herself enough to claim it. Otherwise they would be forced to use one. They had an extra between them but thought they should save it for an emergency.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

"...but I like your group, Dulirn..."

The wizard's eyebrows went up a little, slightly surprised, but also very pleased to have their little expedition referred to as his group. Well, why shouldn't they be? He and his natural leadership capabilities, he thought, giving himself another mental pat on the back, his ego that had already been inflated from his success with the spell to turn the bears to stone ticking up yet another notch.

"Better to save the potions," Dulirn answered Qash. "If the ... whatever he is ... Ja'vassa thing, is coming to heal her anyway."

Urir looked up nervously, then back down at Fawn, looking for any sign that the first healing potion had done her any good. "He best hurry up..." he muttered.

Fawn could see a dim light coming to her eyes. She spoke but briefly.

"What.....what's that light?" She spoke very softly, almost too soft for anyone to hear. A moment later, her eyes began to flutter open.

"Where, where am I?" She asked outloud. Then she quickly remembered what happened to her. She spranged up and checked her arm as if that was the most important thing to do.

Her arm was almost healed. There was still a small gap in her wound but the bleeding had stopped.

She looked around at her friends. She also looked around the room.

"How? How did you guys heal my arm?" Fawn looked up at her friends with a bit of shock on her face.

Qash agreed they should save their potions. She shifted her attention to Urir. He seemed to be the group's unofficial treasurer. Urir was looking after the important artifacts and important items. She trusted him to keep their things safe. Their trip into the labyrinth was only just beginning and if this indicated how their journey was going they would need each of those potions down the road.

"Potion," Qash said to Fawn.

Her eyes looked down towards the woman laying on the ground. That was only the explanation she had to offer at this time. Nothing else made sense in her mind. Neither Qash nor Dulirn could use healing magic so that explanation was out. She thought about also saying that their employer was the reason she was healed.

"Or maybe him."

Qash pointed towards the reptilian male heading their way. The gnome looked around waiting for Fawn to stand or for them to make their next decision. She was ready to move on from the room they were in.

It didn't take too long for the Khajiit himself to reach the group, just shortly behind the pair of Atronachs. "I'm impressed with the progress from your group so far." He said to Dulirn. "I'd recommend saving up on the potions for now, there's plenty others hiding in the labyrinth, but there's no way to know if you'll find them. Like I said before, I'll focus on healing your wounds that way you won't have to waste your potions. I'm eager to see if someone will finally manage to clear these tunnels, so I'll heal you just this once." Ja'vassa said, readying to dualcast some Heal Other spells, starting with Fawn first. "Having a nice pool of Magicka and numerous restoration spells is quite useful, especially when exploring dungeons like this." After finishing with Fawn, he moved onto Qash, and eventually Urir and Dulirn. Eventually, he'd finish with the healing and he offered a smile towards them.

"Alright, that should do it. Good luck with the remainder of your exploration here. I hope the next time we meet, it'll be in my chambers. Just a reminder, my chambers hold enough gold to last all of you for generations. I hope the untold riches will be enough to keep you trudging along." And with that, the Khajiit waved towards them before heading off once again, using an Invisibility potion before he would disappear into the darkness of the many tunnels. HE could only hope that the spells would be enough to keep them running.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Lair of the Khajiit (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus