Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Bloodied Shards Greenroom (Invitation only)

Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

(completely ignoring Alastor in favour of talking shop with Urug)

THANK you, yes! I mean, depending on the nature of the enchantment those can become redundant unless your can manage to keep a strong monomoleular edge by material properties, but mana-treating can do awesome things to even already good steel! Not... quite as nice as nano-treating, but a lot more accessible.

I tend to find that modifying a weapon's mass-distribution on the fly is.... aggravating, the balance changes which can require re-learning, and heavy enchantments can be a bit too finely calibrated to handle it well, not to mention how badly magic plays with certain advanced materials, but with typical weapons and someone more used to that than I am, I can believe it's handy!

My own personal tastes on enhantment tend to be big into efficient energy release. Fire? Literally hot garbage. If you can hear it or see it energy is being wasted. Kinetic loads though? Yes please! Direct heat transfer and non-arcing electrical discharges, too. And, I mean, utility things like returning knives, kinetic absorption, and simulacra of arrows are nice too.

Admittedly my expertise is more in the raw sorcery, unified magical theory is.... a nightmare of math even to me, but, well.... it let me trim the fat out of a LOT of my spells and start adapting new spells on the fly! There are a couple classes of solutions that just.... don't seem to work for me, the waveforms end up inconsistent, but otherwise it's incredibly useful. Doesn't help much with the eldritch magics, though. ugh. >.< I'm not even touching complex orders of integration or trying to map waves over non-euclidian planes with multi-intersectional axes. UGH. just gross..... There's a bunch of reasons people go insane trying to figure out this kind of magic, and I'm pretty sure the math is one of them.

I may have made a few small mistakes here. '^.^

Also, I swear I'm still scary.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon)

By all means, keep telling us that. :3
If it’s any help, honey, you still manage to scare me now and then.
Victi why do you scare me so much?
Urug (played by frostwyrmm)

Now now, even the most battle hardened warrior or prepared tactician can make mistakes on occasion. It does not invalidate their capabilities.
Alastor Kain (played by frostwyrmm)

Right, an' anyone that thinks otherwise is an easy target.

I'm preeetty sure this has nothing to do with tactical prowess....
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

No, it doesn't

Sorry Julesy. Woulda taken on that game of chicken any other time, but I ain't in the most playful of moods right now. Maybe next time, eh?

I won't hurt the children, by the way. That would just be gross. >.<

But yeah, seriously, this "kids with blood magic artifacts thing" is a lot for me to deal with, yunno?
Don’t worry So much Victi, I am not going to kill you with my shard!

Not like you could if you tried. :3
Not true! I am very good with my shard!

:3 (but more smug)

Ah, don't worry Vic, I understand that here. Me down there hasn't seen that side of yeh though.
Urug (played by frostwyrmm)

I must admit, it has been quite frustrating already, that I can't pass on the knowledge I have here. How do you all handle it so calmly?

I mean, I'm used to locking knowledge in my head, I have some power words that mortal minds shouldn't think about too hard, but beyond that it's recognizing the separation of the selves. For example, if I decapitate you in game, you'll be fine here. Might have a sore neck from looking at it, but that's more just empathy amplified by the subject being the self than any connection. All about abstraction. Think of it as being an actor in a play where you are the character. Weird, yes, but also kinda fun!

Yeahyeah, no worries Alastor. This is why it's fun! Just worth saying here anyway. Feels right

Also, Vic sounds bleh so just use V.

What the hell Urug?! Can yeh not give me cheek every five bloody seconds?!

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Bloodied Shards Greenroom (Invitation only)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus