Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Today I Learned...

W0NKNFN_d.jpg

Today I learned that Jack o’ Lanterns were originally carved out of turnips.

They look incredibly and many times scarier to be honest.
Today I learned that apparently I'm intimidating.... well I guess it was yesterday. I mean I'm smol and round so I don't see it lol.
Today, well technically this morning, I have learned that I absoluetly cannot dance without pulling a muscle.
Pen_Tsunami

Today I learned that turtles can give you the best "I'm so done with this" face
Lucretire Topic Starter

Today I learned that olive oil is indeed amazing for hair. And that some men's colognes (Polo Red by Ralph Lauren in particular) are so much nicer smelling than the perfumes I used to wear.
I’ve learnt that I escaped being bullied despite being that quiet somewhat overweight kid that trips on his own feet with no friends and who can’t hold a conversation because I am awkward, is because people think I’m scary. (Apparently no one has seen me truly angry and that one time they did shook them)
A fun, well-done little song was made... about the "Let's all storm Area 51" thing.
10mg of Ambien does not sedate me.

The executive branch of government not complying with a suponea from The House of Representatives to turn over evidence is a crime called "obstruction of Congress."

Not only do we all have some Neanderthal DNA, we might also have some DNA from a whole other type of human that might have lived at the same time called Denisovians. But they're not sure.

#Youtube random rabbit hole lol
Today I learned that bromelain, an enzyme that breaks down proteins, is why pineapple and kiwi always mess my mouth up so bad. Those two fruit are actually eating you as you eat them.

But they are so yummy!
Lucretire Topic Starter

Today I learned that some things never change. Like... My crippling shyness when wanting to reach out to other people.

And today I (re)learned that pineapple is actually a berry!
Lumaslily

Today I learned that I still had my old character from my days on DeviantArt! Looking at it now it really wasn't that bad when I read it again for the first time.
This is from a couple of days ago but still super cool (!!);

Binturongs, a very adorable animal also known as a bearcat, smell like buttered popcorn. Shockingly though this is because of a chemical in their urine. Do not be seduced by the Binturong pee.

The popcorn is a lie.
TIL that whale facts are extremely easy to fake...
ChebaBeesting

Today I learned that I can "favorite" achievments in a game I play.
I learned vegan cheese isn't that bad. It's definitely not like the real thing besides being yellow but it tastes pretty good. In fact I should probably add it to my diet because I'm lactose intolerant anyway and melted cheese gets sickly fast.
Today I learned fast the airport just calls its escalators "people movers."

Probably so they can use the same "not in service" signs for the moving walkways.

People movers.
Lucretire Topic Starter

Today I learned that the speed at which a cat sways their tail back and forth or side to side can tell you if they're focused on something or very upset/scared.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Today I learned I'm going to be a bridesmaid one of my little sisters is getting married. She's going to be the maid of honor at mine.🎊🍾🎉☺
I learned that Turmeric Curcumin 95% Curcuminoids Highest Potency 1950mg with Bioperine Black Pepper for Best Absorption, Made in USA, Best Vegan Joint Pain Relief is the real deal and I don't have to be in pain.
Rogue-Scribe

... that Scotch Thistles are better left in the ground and decorated for Christmas as Christmas trees than attempting to pull them up. Even with leather gloves ... ouch!

In the end, I did manage to get them all uprooted. They were nearing blooms an today I learned that a single bloom can distribute 20,000 seeds. Some of these monsters had nearly a dozen branch heads, which each would eventually bloom.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Today I Learned...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus