Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Today I Learned...

Today I learned...

-What catgut is in the reference to musical instruments (cello and violin), not that I didn’t have an idea beforehand, but I received some clarity today.

- Two year olds are vastly more clever than people give them credit for.

-What it feels like to actually feel “good” again, not sick and sore

Also @LightSide-Lucree swerve is ace, although that cool feeling in your mouth is both weird and yet refreshing all at the same time XD
Today I learned that sometimes I just want to be a cute boy with a pretty hair bow.
Today I learned what a gradient is in calculus, and furthermore, what a directional derivative is and how it relates to the gradient. Hopefully I’ll be able to apply what I learned today in tomorrow’s exam... Either way, thanks, Khan Academy! And no thanks to my physics class that’s using multi-variable calculus concepts despite not having multi-variable calculus as a prerequisite. /end rant
Today I learned Statistics sucks, and that P(A and B)=P(A)*P(B) so that’s something.
Today I learned attempting to type math equations in the chat probably will result in emoticons.
Today I learned that a coworker likes to tell people how great she thinks I am, and it made me happy.
MordosKull

Slide thrust knee smash to the midsection will end a fight in a hurry.
Today I learned that the mosaic I thought was a vortex thingy the mosaic I’ve been looking at for ten maybe twelve years, is actually a face.
Today, I learned that dart frogs aren't naturally poisonous -- they become toxic from consuming plants and insects in their native environment in the rainforest. Bred in captivity, they're completely harmless. And a captured dart frog will actually eventually lose its toxicity over time after being fed a different diet. Thought that was pretty wild.
Today I learnt that power cuts suuuuuck. And so does the aftermath. Soooo many house alarms still going off in the neighbourhood. Going to end up with a headache if this keeps up.
Vultures don't only spread their wings out to get warmth from the sun, but to kill bacteria :o
Today I learned/realized that I am way better at nonfiction writing (which I dislike writing) than I am at fiction writing (which I adore writing).
Lucretire Topic Starter

Today I learned about a new Dragon Quest game coming to the Switch. It looks amazing, and I'm hype for it.
Today I learned that, stocks can be both painfully simple yet complicated at the same time. Far too many people prefer the high-risk, high-reward type of investments, which is what gives ‘playing with stocks’ a bad reputation apparently.
Today I learned that I suck more at math than I thought...
Today I learned that someone did detailed, painterly art... of D&D monster babies.
Zelphyr wrote:
Today I learned that someone did detailed, painterly art... of D&D monster babies

Today I learned Beholders are only cute when they’re babies.
Lucretire Topic Starter

Today I learned that Caprese Salad is still good without the fresh taste of basil. Blasphemous, but really good.
Today I learned that one of the biggest YouTube influencers in the United States is a seven-year-old (Ryan ToysReview).
Malachite wrote:
Today I learned that one of the biggest YouTube influencers in the United States is a seven-year-old (Ryan ToysReview).

Interesting

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Today I Learned...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus