Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Pix's Place (Open Halloween Party!)

'Arieo' Leonarieo (played by nightmqre)

She rubbed her forehead before she saw Pix beside her and cocked an eyebrow. She was confused and slightly nerrors, but she listened the girl speak to Vincent. Her brow furrowed before she seemed to choke on her own spit, slight panic filling her orbs for a moment.

"E-Excuse me!? Don't offer me up as a sacrIfice!" She squeaked a little, brow furrowing further. "T-That's not fair...I'm not food.." She pouted slightly before she saw another person strolling over. She also noticed the bug lady get up and leave, and didn't get a chance to stop her.

She watched before they spoke, and any other person may have gotten offended. But frankly, she agreed that her own kind were both scary at times and monsters too. She seemed confused at their strange talk before they turned to address her again and she cleared her throat quietly. She flinched a little when he leaned in but didn't pull away. She snickered a little at the comment. "Will do. Would you like anything?"
Darion (played anonymously)

Already slightly intoxicated, the small, slender person made their way into the room, trying their best to be alert. But, alas... When one was already tipsy, it made things a bit more difficult. Ah, no matter...
Their costume was quite the interesting one, somehow looking both masculine and feminine at the same time, long graceful coat-tails, tall tapping black boots, sharp fake fangs protruding from under their soft, plump upper lip, everything about it screamed "vampire".

Making their wobbly way over to the bar, they very quietly nodded to the bartender, and then sat and waited, reading the drink menu.
Pix Feir-Sil (played by Alien_Princess) Topic Starter

Pix rounded the bar on her broom and slowed on front of the group, offering Sarah a sly, coy grin in response to her objection. Of course she never planned to actually sacrifice the girl, it was all in the Halloween spirit. While she found it odd that the one human here didn't seem to enjoy that joke stemming from a human based holiday, she couldn't help to feel amused by it.

Still...the girl seemed popular, and the social awkwardness she held didnt seem to stop her from completing her job effectively. Pix rather liked her, so long as she remembered to take the cash and turn a profit in the process of her popularity. Who knew, maybe her popularity was going to be profitable? Pix documented that thought for later review.

As she moved through the room, accompanied by the lime green spotlight below her, she met eyes with the Navin pumpkin behind the bar, who appeared to be slowing their role as many customers seemed to have drinks at the moment. She glanced back and saw Avi, gawking at her strangely, then turned to fly her little broom off to the Navin.

"Hey!" Pix called out to them, "When you have a moment get those bowls of candy ready and put them on the tables."

The one eye they had fixed on Pix looked down, and closed for a two count before opening to look at her again, a subtle confirmation as if nodding.

She turned then to the half drunk vampire staggering up to the bar and watched them open the menu. With another glance to the more distant Avi to examine her possible stalking activities, she floated her broom over nearby, sitting rather ladylike on the edge of the broom.

Drunk people were her favorite customers, they were easier influenced into buying whatever bridge Pix might decide to sell. Still, she would try to behave herself.

"Hi there!" Pix announced beside Darion, "Something I can get you?"
"Oh, no, was just interested in the floating broom. I... was admittedly tempted to follow in the air, but that probably would have made a mess, even if I don't make that much downwash," the bright-eyed buggy explains cheerfully, "Aaand was going to recommend riding side-saddle. Larger contact surface, lower pressure... that whole thing, but you are now, so that's good. Oh! And I wanted to thank you for putting this event on before I get too into the fun. So thank you! This is basically my perfect kind of place."

She hops slightly in excitement as she gives her thanks to the floating Voldarian. It had been a long time since Avi had gotten the chance to just relax and do something fun, so she was a little excited.
Xa'Taren (played by Riik)

"Oh, I don't drink," Xá said. "I like to keep my head nice, clear, sane and sensible." He struck a dramatic pose.

"Your head is neither of those things," Nil pointed out.

"Nobody asked you!" Xá poked his tongue out at Nil. "Anyway, I'm pretty sure your boss is a voldarian, which is... interesting to say the least from my experience with the species... Imma go and investigate."

"Speaking of wibbly zoobliokts..." Nil said, pointing a leg toward the individual Pix was currently focused on.

"And that..." Xá said pointing in the same direction, his words seemingly now focused back on Sarah. "Is why I don't drink. Ciao." And with that, Xá camply sauntered off in the direction of the hovering voldarian.

"He's a cretin, huh?" Nil muttered to Sarah, gesturing toward Xá in a teasing manner now that the furball was out of earshot, even for his substantially-sized ears.
'Arieo' Leonarieo (played by nightmqre)

She watched the scene unfold with curiosity and confusion. Too many things had happened already and she really didn't know what to make of it all.

She scratched the back of her neck before itching her cheek and pushing her glasses back up onto the bridge of her freckles nose.

She looked at the blob and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not entirely sure what a cretin is, but alright?"

The little witchy creature floating on a broom that addressed Darion, startled them, turning with an exaggerated little squeak, that could have been very easily considered adorable. Darion, did not seem to be quite human, nor male or female, but had traces of both and was undoubtedly, considerably attractive, although it entirely depended on ones tastes in ambiguous individuals. They usually kept to themselves, and wasn't very socially skilled, so being so suddenly and cheerfully spoken to, caused a slight, and mild panic.

"Uh-um..." Darion, struggled with words, it did not help that they were already a bit inebriated.

Pix, who had been sitting with both legs off one side of the broom stick due to the floor length witches dress she was wearing, turned her attention from Darion to Avi as she spoke, a little unsure what the avion insect meant at first. Her attention turned to Darion then, as they let out an estranged groan, apparently unsure of what it was they might want to order.

"Oh, I was talking to this customer," Pix said referencing Darion. She leaned in a little closer and examined their face a moment before pulling away and looking back to Avi, "But I think someone has already had too much."

Humored a little by the seemingly drunk Darion, Pix smiled at Avi, shaking her head slightly at first, "I am not sure what saddle side means honestly, but I am glad to host this party."

'....and to take your money' is what she didn't add. She glanced over, her eyes being caught by the movement of Xa who seemed to be making a clear approach in her, Avi, and Darions direction.

"Hey!" Pix said suddenly, leaning off to the side and flagging one of her passing employees down who stopped and paid her the attention she demanded. "Bring me a drink won't you? Uhh....spiced rum and apple cider," she instructed non aggressively. She looked to Avri again, and the employee followed her gaze as they both turned to consider Avi, "Did you want something as well?"

The Navin, now with four tentacles high overhead clutching four different skull, cobweb, and cat decorated bowls filled with candy made their way across the back of the bar behind Sarah and her group.

"Caaaarrrreeeefuuullll" they claimed as they squeezed by their pumpkin casing and making their way out into the crowd of guests. Hurriedly, they 'walked' over to four tables each in different corners of the room to keep the candy separated and stretched a limb over whoever may be seated in their way to drop the bowl in the center of the tables. Beyond that, they would begin making their way back towards the bar, this time walking closer to where Pix was floating about on her broom.
"Oh! sorry, I, erm... the extra eyes actually kinda work, so I'm a bit distracted," The buggy-birdy admits sheepishly.

She glanced at the inebriated vampire, bemused. They didn't look the most comfortable here... After her little blunder (stupid stretched field of view), Avitra figured that she should try helping out with that. Anyway, until then....

"I'd be open to more drinks," She says, a sly note to her voice, "Tell me, what's fruity and expensive? I'll swing by the bar again, too, but I'm always interested in the owner's choice. Usually either really nice or really exciting."

The small drunken vampire, now feeling overwhelmed, decides they are probably much too intoxicated to remain near such a large group of others. Gracefully slurs a "thank you" to the hostess of the party, and excuses self from the house, walking quietly and unsteadily away, having seen quite a lot, and would be writing much that night about it. If... They didn't pass out in bed first.

Pix returns a smile to Darion as they stand up and stagger their way out of the establishment. She can only suppose she was right about them being too drunk.

"Fruity and expensive?" the bartender replies to Avi, "Oh then what you want....is Pix!"

Pix turns her head from Darion to immediately give the Male server a dirty look. He simply looks back with a goofy smile on his face.

Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click

The noise grabs her attention and her eyes focus on the noise as the Navin walks by, clearly having overheard the comment if their clicking was any indication. Without stopping, they walk to the bars end and climb up and across the wall carefully to return to their serving duties.

She returns her attention to the server who now feels a need to defend himself at her accusing expression.

"Hey I love limes!" he claims in slight desperation, "What about a skolin? It has alcohol from four different planets, but tastes like limes and carrots. It'll really mess ya up!"
"Well, unless you've named a drink after yourself, then.... maybe after closing, if that's a serious offer," Avitra replies with a low chuckle that makes it hard to tell if she's being completely serious, "If you did name something after yourself though, I'd take it now."

"Anyway, I like the sound of the skolin! As long as the booze doesn't overwhelm the flavours too much, that is," she says, jumping back out of her previous almost purring tone to her more normal speech pattern, "I don't really get messed up... heavily atypical physiology, and, while I love to show that off, I do also want to taste what's underneath. If you say it's good, though, I'll take it!"
Bubbles (played by SkinnyCracker)

"Hello? Is anybody here?"
Vincent (played by DazzlingDragon)

At being challenged by the hostess with a finger jabbed in its face, Vincent’s smile fades only briefly until Pix reveals she’s also joking, and then unseriously invites the beast to devour her employees at the end of the night.

At that, it cackles, and turns to follow her with its unseen eyes as she goes on to mingle with the other guests. “You, I like you,” it muses to itself.

Then for a short time, a drunkard captures its attention. When the man, unable to even form a sentence, leaves, Vincent is really tempted to follow him. It even stands and wanders a short ways from the bar, clicking its talons together with anticipation, until that urge crumbles under the slew of more interesting information coming into a party.

Someone lets out a timid, searching cry of “Hello? Is anybody here?” and the creature turns to follow that.

This has it prowling toward the less populated corners of the venue, scanning the room for the source of that specific voice. “There are sssooo many people here,” it sneers at the yet unseen speaker. “What do you mean?”

As Pix listens to Avi's response, her eyes suddenly widen and her mouth almost appears to shrink, tightening her lips together in the clearly unexpected response. The server next to her, on the other hand is clearly more amused by the comment with a large grin on his face and barely controlled spurts of giggling.

"Oh I was not offering anything, he was simply making a bad joke about limes again," Pix said a little uncomfortably with another dirty look at the giggling server. "Go get the drinks!" she instructs the man with an irritated look and tone, leaning slightly at him as she speaks. He doesn't seem strongly phased by this and turns to walk back towards the bar, leaving childish laughter in his wake.

She turns back to look at Avi wish a bit of a sheepish grin. "Lime is just what my people call my color, and he has always seemed overly amused by it. Xaia help me if he ever meets a cherry," she said trying to move along the subject. While a lot of her kind might become offended by such an offer, Pix had been a woman of the universe to know a lot of her own culture didn't serve her well in introductory transactions with new people.

"But....I am sure you could find some kind of companion here," she finishes with a gesture off toward the rest of the room. Her eyes stall a minute at the large creature which nearly caved her roof in. Was that thing in the corner talking to itself??
Ricardo stood in shock and awe seeing all the people walking around the area, creatures he didn't know. Soon some of his forest friends joined him, walking around and flying around the rooms. "Little birdie, come back." He said as he followed, passing some of the guests as he tried to catch up with the scared bird of his. He finally grabbed the bird and wen't away fro, the guests to comfort his friend "It's ok, don't worry, they won't hurt you." He said quietly to bird as he smoothed its feathers and softly began to sing to it. To an outsiders perspective, it would look like he is singing to nothing in his hand.

After the bird finally calmed down, he let the bird go, letting it fly around with his other friends. They were perched atop on the lights as they watched the party.
"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to... I was probably a bit forward, my appologies. Not humour that translates well. I'm more than happy to stick with the drinks and conversation," she appologizes with a friendly tone. She hadn't meant to make Pix uncomfortable, though.... admitedly, it was a little fun. Oh well. She seemed to be taking it... well enough.
Xa'Taren (played by Riik)

"HelloOoOoOoO~" Xá goofily positioned himself near to Pix, stopping short of actually entering physical contact, as much as he was a fairly space-invasive individual. Past encounters with voldarians had taught him that they didn't exactly appreciate his particular extroverted friendliness. "You're the boss, right? Wow, I did not expect to see a voldarian in a place like this. Your people don't strike me as the kind to appreciate parties... or money..." he shrugged to himself. He was aware enough not to judge individuals by stereotypes, but sometimes even a centuries-old being such as himself was caught by surprise. His giddy body language clearly portrayed the excitement of this meeting. "I'm Xá'Taren," he introduced himself politely, holding out a hand uncaring to the fact that he had probably butted in to ongoing conversations. Knowing voldarians, he found it quite probable that the gesture wouldn't be reciprocated, but... the fact that Pix was running this place was clear sign that she was perhaps not an ordinary voldarian. "Space explorer, freelancer and two-times Miss Zyloch IX." The latter-most was perhaps not as defining as the other labels, but given Xá's extensive travels, he had plenty of eccentric stories to tell and loved to pick them at random when it seemed humorous.
Clyde Loewner (played by MangoNekros)

Clyde looked around, his mask hiding his face as he curiously walked around. This place seemed to hold otherworldly creatures, and he didn't want to pick any fights

"Oh it's fine," Pix said, following up her statement with a weak and awkward laugh to herself.

"HelloOoOoOoO~"

Pix's head snapped to see the approach of a drastically under dressed furry little alien with a voice that was maaayyybe girlier than her own even. Pix smiled at him, if for no other reason than to inwardly thank him for his interruption, the timing Xa had could not have been better.

The smile only grew as she heard her racial reputation preceed her, which while usually didn't surprise her, was actually rather shocking it had made it to this location. "Most Voldarians are a little....boring. Trapped in culture and tradition we haven't evolved out of in millennia. Of course.....they do make great customers....if you know what I mean," Pix replied with a sly grin and single raised brow. They were easy for her to rip off because they trusted another Voldarian more than some random alien, and didn't often know the value of the items in trade. Pix was different, fascinated by the concept since her first trade as a girl. 'Every race has their eccentrics,' she had heard from a wise person once, and it seemed most fitting to her.

Pix reached out and took Xa's hand in what seemed to be the more common way grasp handed aliens preferred to greet. She remained with the grasp only a few moments, not seeming disturbed by the contact on the outside.

"Oh, you do sound talented Miss Xa, a couple of those professions I could put to good use even, if a girl like you was interested," Pix responded, pulling her arm up and pressing her palm on her chest afterwards, "I am Pix, business owner, entrepreneur, and a former field researcher for the Empire."

She glanced over towards Avi as their drinks arrived, reaching over and taking her dark copper colored spiked cider with 2 lime slices in it from the still bemused tender. He offered Avi the other drink on the tray, a deep purple steaming rancid looking thing with what appeared to be a mint leaf floating in it.

Exchanging the drink to her other hand, Pix held her free one towards the avion creature. "And this is....actually I don't think you even told me your name."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Pix's Place (Open Halloween Party!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus