Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » How's everybody doing?

LakotaSiouxWarrior

Just getting ready for the first snowstorm of the season and taking care of my fiancee German shepherd.
Deumeawyn

I’m home sick today... it’s coming on to Summer and I get a cold.... 🥶
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Novus wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Novus wrote:
Honestly, not too great tonight, but hopefully in time it will all be better. I just have to shove my demons back into their box in preparation for my next attempt to tackle them.

*Hugs hugs hugs*
giphy.gif

Haha <3

SunnyD wrote:
I just made a pasta bake and I think I added too much water :/

Eating a slightly botched meal at home alone on a cold autumn evening is feels, man.

I'm late to this, but *hugs*

This is why I eat out too much. Lol

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
I am doing really good this week. It's my 1st full week not working and I am so relaxed. Getting a lot of the adulting stuff done around the house and with business.

Hoping all is well with you Abigail and everyone! :)

Yay, I'm glad. I'm fine; glad for Thanksgiving.

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
The important thing is how Abigail is doing. You're a such a blessing and a gift to this website. Don't forget to take care of yourself. You're a national treasure to this community.

*blush*

Thanks, Stephanie. I'm fine; glad for Thanksgiving break.

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
Just getting ready for the first snowstorm of the season and taking care of my fiancee German shepherd.

Stay warm

Deumeawyn wrote:

ME TOO. I've got this weird cold that's been going around. But if it's coming on summer where you are, then we're on opposite halves of the world, so it must not be the same cold, obvs. Lol. But I feel your pain. Lol. Hugs for you.
Novus

I've definitely been better. A specific anniversary is coming up on Friday and I just want to forget everything. Tomorrow, the entire family will be over until Friday, too, so I can't just... disappear. :|
Mipps

If i could sum up life right now in an image it would look like this:

awesome+dinosaurs+lasers.jpg

My tickets to go home for the holidays got canceled because my Fiance has to work and I feel terrible being away from him on a holiday while he is stuck at home. In this mess of trying to rebook something for christmas I am mow cooking thanksgiving for for more military peoples who cant go home either. Somehow I will make it all work. I always do! But in the meantime *pew pew pew*

Also been feeling a bit down, isolated friend-lonely.. perhaps a bit jaded and meh about society. In a weird funk while all the pew pew pew

Novus wrote:
I've definitely been better. A specific anniversary is coming up on Friday and I just want to forget everything. Tomorrow, the entire family will be over until Friday, too, so I can't just... disappear. :|

Ah. I see. Hang in there. I've always thought it would be neat to have a remote that could freeze time for everyone but me, so that I could go have as much alone time/down time as I need, and then click start again when I'm ready to be social. But since we don't have the technology :( don't forget that there are lots of good excuses to take a walk or a drive if you just need to get away for a while. <3

Mipps wrote:
If i could sum up life right now in an image it would look like this:

awesome+dinosaurs+lasers.jpg

My tickets to go home for the holidays got canceled because my Fiance has to work and I feel terrible being away from him on a holiday while he is stuck at home. In this mess of trying to rebook something for christmas I am mow cooking thanksgiving for for more military peoples who cant go home either. Somehow I will make it all work. I always do! But in the meantime *pew pew pew*

Also been feeling a bit down, isolated friend-lonely.. perhaps a bit jaded and meh about society. In a weird funk while all the pew pew pew

Good way to make something good out of a bad situation, Mipps. Cooking for the military peeps. Maybe some of those folks will turn into friends, maybe not, but at least you're helping make their day more meaningful than it would be without other people to share it with. I sound like a Hallmark card! Lol. But yeah--you know...it's true.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. <3

I love that picture, by the way. That....is a hilarious visual aid for your point. Lmao. Ah....see, this is why I like you.

*pew pew pew*
Deumeawyn

Abigail_Austin wrote:
Deumeawyn wrote:

ME TOO. I've got this weird cold that's been going around. But if it's coming on summer where you are, then we're on opposite halves of the world, so it must not be the same cold, obvs. Lol. But I feel your pain. Lol. Hugs for you.

Thank you. I took cold medicine yesterday and fell asleep in the afternoon and slept to midnight or so. Now I’m still sniffling but wide awake at 3AM. I need to go to work today too. My body clock is all messed up.

Big hugs to you Mipps! Hoping the pew pew pew gets straight for you! That is a lovely gesture to cook for those who can’t get home. I had thanksgiving explained to me before but I still don’t quite understand the holiday.
Lumaslily

I’m an emotional wreck as per usual, but I watch talking husky videos and that made me feel better.
RimCaster

Ownin my life.
I've been lurking here and there on the OOC parts of RPR, but my ability to actually write and RP has been shot to hell lately and I don't even know why. It's true that I've been busy, but I've been doing better emotionally than I was in past months, and I would think that would get my creativity flowing again. It hasn't, and I'm growing frustrated with myself. I've got a great thread on hold that I really want to get back to, I've got a new character that I haven't even used yet and another whose extensive backstory I want to finish (and then probably prune down into something of a readable length), and I've even got my eye on a new RP group...but I don't have the energy for any of it. I don't quite have the time to join a new RP group at the moment anyway, what with finals and holidays coming up, but I feel like I could handle a thread or two if only I could actually sit down at the keyboard and have ideas happen. I'm still managing to play D&D just fine, so I'm not sure why written RP is so hard for me at the moment.

Venting aside, things have been going okay for me outside of RP. I'm on track to pass my classes assuming I do well on the finals, my mental health is a bit more under control than it was a few months ago, and I've got things I'm looking forward to. For example: My current D&D campaign seems to be getting close to its climactic end, and after that one we're going to play a campaign in a superhero AU of our DM's homebrew setting, using the Palladium Heroes Unlimited system instead of D&D, which I'm excited for because I really like the character I made for it (said character actually ties into my RPR character Cchaaneh, because I'm just like that), and also because I enjoy trying out new tabletop systems. Also, my betrothed and I finally paid off our wedding rings (!!!), though we won't be getting married until after college because it'll affect financial aid. Even so, we have some ideas of how we want to do our wedding, and it's been very exciting to think about. The two of us have also been working on some creative projects of our own, though my contributions to that have been a bit limited because of my creative block. One of these projects is taking the old, old character of mine that I use as an icon here and creating a new, much better story for her, which is exciting and nostalgic for me, but also a bit embarrassing because her original story and characterization were completely bonkers, mostly unfinished or underdeveloped, and more than a little bit cringe-worthy. But I made it all when I was an edgy 12-year-old, so that's my excuse. ;)
ChebaBeesting

I'm doing quite well these days, even though I was down yesterday during my therapy session, but I felt better later. I'm also a bit bothered about the fact that I hadn't written/edited my personal stories. I also left a guild in a game I play today because I've barely made any connections there, but also because I've distanced myself from the guild and have barely done anything for the past couple of months. However, I've let the guildmaster and some people know cause I would have felt bad if I left without a word.

On the bright side, I have some improvements in myself and I managed to keep one connection from the guild. I also started listening to Papa Roach, a rock band that I listened to a lot back in primary school, again and I feel great after listening to their songs! I'm also happy that I managed to make crepes on my own, even though they weren't the best but they were edible, wich is good. :D I'm also happy that I've joined a cool guild about two months ago and have opened up pretty fast! People are really cool there and what's really funny is that we have formed our own "religion" where we worship a duck and I am the priestess. During this year's Halloween event we'd participate in events and "spread our religion" as a form of joking. And another good thing is that I got a plush bird along with candy, it's small but quite adorable, I named him Chonk (which is clearly short for "chonky").

ChebaBeesting wrote:
See Post

I'm doing quite well these days, even though I was down yesterday during my therapy session, but I felt better later. I'm also a bit bothered about the fact that I hadn't written/edited my personal stories. I also left a guild in a game I play today because I've barely made any connections there, but also because I've distanced myself from the guild and have barely done anything for the past couple of months. However, I've let the guildmaster and some people know cause I would have felt bad if I left without a word.

On the bright side, I have some improvements in myself and I managed to keep one connection from the guild. I also started listening to Papa Roach, a rock band that I listened to a lot back in primary school, again and I feel great after listening to their songs! I'm also happy that I managed to make crepes on my own, even though they weren't the best but they were edible, wich is good. :D I'm also happy that I've joined a cool guild about two months ago and have opened up pretty fast! People are really cool there and what's really funny is that we have formed our own "religion" where we worship a duck and I am the priestess. During this year's Halloween event we'd participate in events and "spread our religion" as a form of joking. And another good thing is that I got a plush bird along with candy, it's small but quite adorable, I named him Chonk (which is clearly short for "chonky").

Music is so useful that way. For example, 90s songs always pep me up! I enjoyed reading this. The duck "religion"...lol.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Everybody in this thread have a happy Thanksgiving.

Malachite wrote:

See Post

I've been lurking here and there on the OOC parts of RPR, but my ability to actually write and RP has been shot to hell lately and I don't even know why. It's true that I've been busy, but I've been doing better emotionally than I was in past months, and I would think that would get my creativity flowing again. It hasn't, and I'm growing frustrated with myself. I've got a great thread on hold that I really want to get back to, I've got a new character that I haven't even used yet and another whose extensive backstory I want to finish (and then probably prune down into something of a readable length), and I've even got my eye on a new RP group...but I don't have the energy for any of it. I don't quite have the time to join a new RP group at the moment anyway, what with finals and holidays coming up, but I feel like I could handle a thread or two if only I could actually sit down at the keyboard and have ideas happen. I'm still managing to play D&D just fine, so I'm not sure why written RP is so hard for me at the moment.

Venting aside, things have been going okay for me outside of RP. I'm on track to pass my classes assuming I do well on the finals, my mental health is a bit more under control than it was a few months ago, and I've got things I'm looking forward to. For example: My current D&D campaign seems to be getting close to its climactic end, and after that one we're going to play a campaign in a superhero AU of our DM's homebrew setting, using the Palladium Heroes Unlimited system instead of D&D, which I'm excited for because I really like the character I made for it (said character actually ties into my RPR character Cchaaneh, because I'm just like that), and also because I enjoy trying out new tabletop systems. Also, my betrothed and I finally paid off our wedding rings (!!!), though we won't be getting married until after college because it'll affect financial aid. Even so, we have some ideas of how we want to do our wedding, and it's been very exciting to think about. The two of us have also been working on some creative projects of our own, though my contributions to that have been a bit limited because of my creative block. One of these projects is taking the old, old character of mine that I use as an icon here and creating a new, much better story for her, which is exciting and nostalgic for me, but also a bit embarrassing because her original story and characterization were completely bonkers, mostly unfinished or underdeveloped, and more than a little bit cringe-worthy. But I made it all when I was an edgy 12-year-old, so that's my excuse. ;)

Congrats on all the good stuff and good luck on finals (although you don't need it, because of the smarts). I have that same sort of creative block going on and it only happened after I got busier. I used to think it was burnout but now I think it's also busy-ness more than anything else. Given enough time off, I get ideas again, but when there are a lot of things in real life to do and think about and the stress that goes with them, it's like my brain is like, "nope." DnD doesn't take the emotional energy that writing does, I don't think. Anywho, glad you're doing well!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » How's everybody doing?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus