Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » 1x1 with Lotus

Karang Kandirarak (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

He shrugged at this response. "I can understand that."
The Amphiptere's attention was almost immediately caught by the television and he cocked his head at it like a curious puppy. He had heard of these talking boxes before, but he had never actually seen one in action up until now. How fascinating...
So humans weren't too helpless without magic after all.
Luna Ward (played by Lotus47)

She laughed at Karang's obvious interest in the tv. "It's just the news. I was wondering if anything about whatever happened at dad's work was on."

"Oh." He shifted his wing slightly so he could lean against the arm of the couch, folding the other around him like a multicolored feathery blanket. He frowned, however, when the newscasters said something about the forest he had been in, how there were so many broken branches and things, and how people claimed to have seen something large fall from the sky and there were a few feathers that matched Karang's coloring there at the crash site, as they called it.
"I need to leave," he murmured, his mind racing a mile a minute. If the Dragonslayers hadn't already been on his trail, they certainly would be now.

"Why?" Luna frowned, she gestured at the tv "It's not like anyone's gonna think much about it. There's just gonna be a few conspiracy theories about aliens." she frowned at the uncertain look on his face "right?"

"It's not the theories I'm worried about," was all he said in return as he stared at the tv somewhat vacantly.

"Yep, I have no clue what you're talking about now. Although I can understand why you wouldn't worry about the theories. Nobody pays attention to them." She frowned, his face was pretty scary now. It was kind of vacant. Like he was busy focusing on some seriously important thing and couldn't be bothered to even pretend otherwise. "Any possibility I could get an explanation?"

He took a deep breath and studied her a moment with those oddly beautiful kaleidoscope eyes of his.
"I'm a dragon, right? You've come to grips with that? Well, dragons are generally feared. We're seen as violent, dangerous, all that other crap you might've heard in the storybooks and stuff. That's not the case, you know. About ninety-nine percent of all the dragons out there are like me- peaceful. We mind our own business and try not to meddle in yours because one slip-up and we'll all get killed."

"So thats what happened to your wing." She coughed "A bunch of people who think dragons are all trying to kill everything are trying to kill you. I sorta get that, but how did you end up here?"

"The Dragonslayers, yes. A government group specifically targeting dragons and sometimes other supernatural creatures. I'm on their hit list for some reason so that's why I can't stay in one place for too long, because I'll be found and exterminated. How I got here? When I got shot down, I teleported before I hit the ground. Magic," he explained, "I'm a member of the most magically gifted subspecies of dragons."

"okay. Um, do you think you can fix your wing now?" she ate more cereal. "It sounds like you'll be needing it." She flipped to another news channel.

"I think so. You're handling this surprisingly well," he told her as he closed his eyes to start focusing all his power. "You're an interesting human."

"Thanks, I guess." she said, flipping through all the news channels she could find "Hm, that's odd."

"What?" His wing started straightening itself out as he recited another incantation in his head, feeling the hollow bones snapping back together in their right positions.

"Dad works at the prison, and normally whenever something happens there its on tv. Whatever happened must've been worse than usual, so it should be somewhere." she said "And they suck at keeping things quiet."

"Hmm. Your dad a guard or something?" He winced as the wing finally finished with the bone mending, and he gave it a tentative flap.

"Yeah, he is." she looked over at his wing "That's pretty impressive." It had mended completely, and now he was testing it out. She ran over to shove the thing on shelves away from the outstretched wings.

"It's still sore," he grumbled as he tested the wing out. "I probably shouldn't fly with it for at least another day, maybe two if I want to play it safe."

"Well, if you can't fly then how are you gonna get away from the dragon hunter people? You said they'd find you."

"Oh, I have other ways." With a quirky grin and a loud crack, he had disappeared, having temporarily jumped into another dimension. He was still in the room, but was invisible to the eye. It was like he was seeing things underwater, since everything rippled gently with magical auras, and he crossed to the other side of the room to look out the window of reversed colors.

Luna jumped "what did you just do? Where are you?" Her eyes were wide "how can you do that?" Her voice trembled

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » 1x1 with Lotus

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus