Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » 1x1 with Lotus

Karang never saw the shot coming.
He had been coasting along, minding his own business, enjoying the cold air ruffling his feathers as the Amphiptere drifted lazily along in the sky above a mountain. It was a nice day out and Karang was taking full advantage of it.
A Dragonslayer had been waiting for him and he only realized it when he felt the shot from the Spitfire blow a chunk out of one of his wings. With a screech and a little bit of Draconic profanity Karang went down, although he had enough sense to utter a spell to carry him away from the hunter below. With a crack he was instantly teleported to another part of the world and down he went, crashing through some trees before finally landing heavily on his side and probably breaking what was left of his wing.
His wing...
The Amphiptere let out a long, pained hiss although he didn't dare extend his wing. It was injured enough already.
Luna Ward (played by Lotus47)

Luna adjusted the backpack strap over her shoulder and ducked under a fallen tree limb. There seemed to be a lot of broken limbs, wherever she was. She was lost, she had to face it. She'd just meant to go for a short walk and now, well it was going to be a long walk. A tree branch caught her cheek on her blind side and she yelped in surprise. Eerie silence followed.

She sighed and got out her cellphone. Quickly she called her dad, voicemail of course, he was still at work. "Hey dad, um well I was going for a walk and now I'm a little bit lost, so don't worry if I'm late, okay? Love you. Bye." She stepped around a thick tree and the phone dropped out of her hand. She screamed.
Karang Kandirarak (played by LuciferBrimstone) Topic Starter

Somewhere in his subconscious Karang heard a girl scream... Fantastic. At least she wasn't a Dragonslayer or he'd be dead by now.
He opened a multicolored, slit-pupiled eye, studying her for a moment. The normally bright gaze was dulled from pain and blood loss, since he hadn't been able to stop the bleeding without practically ripping his wing out of its socket.
He closed his eye again as his vision started to fuzz out, taking a deep breath. This should be fun.

It looked like some kind of dragon, but it couldn't be a dragon. Dragons aren't real, right?

Whatever it was it looked hurt. She stepped closer carefully, trying not to step on any branches. It's eyes were closed and its golden snakelike body was drenched in blood. A bloody mess of feathers stretched out from one side of his body and was mirrored on its other side with a magnificent wing. Luna reached out tentatively and wiped some of the blood away from it's eye. She knelt down next to it and patted lightly. She only hoped it didn't eat her or something. That would be bad.

His eye twitched slightly in a flinch and opened again to study the girl carefully, sizing her up with an intelligent glance to see if she was a threat or not. Probably not. He could probably still kick her butt even in this state, figuratively speaking of course. At the very least he could set her on fire.
He pondered trying to communicate, but he was too tired at the moment for telepathy and he highly doubted she understood Draconic and could speak it in return.

It's eye opened, a kaleidoscope of colors. Luna stood up. She needed to help it. But how? It's wing looked broken. Luna knew she was smart but when it came to broken wings she knew nothing. Except that most birds have hollow bones and when they break they splinter and hardly ever heal.

She moved over to the wing and found the tear in the flesh that was the source of all the blood and pulled a t shirt out of her backpack to try to soak up some of the blood and stop all of the bleeding.

How do you fix a broken wing anyways? Well at least the thing isn't bleeding anymore.

Karang bared his teeth slightly in pain, revealing long and extremely sharp looking fangs that certainly would not be good or healthy if you were on the wrong side of them. He shifted slightly on the spot, folding his other wing slightly and coiling his body a bit in an attempt to get more comfortable, or at least have something to do.

The thing bared its teeth and shifted around. Luna scrambled back a bit, but when it made no further attempt to kill her or set her on fire or whatever she knelt back by the wing and began trying to straighten it out. The way the dragon was laying looked extremely uncomfortable to her, but the. She wasn't a snakey dragon thing.

The Amphiptere hissed a Draconic curse, although it was so fast it sounded just like a hiss. It hurt a lot, and that prevented him from focusing on healing spells or anything that could further help his cause. Too bad, too, because his wing was going to need all the help it got, the poor thing.

It let out a shocking hiss and Luna backed away "okay, I just want to let you know that I'm trying to help. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I am trying to help you" she says "by the way, can you talk?" Oh nice going Luna. Ask the dying snakey dragon thing if he can talk, good for you.

He sighed and focused his energy; he didn't have much of a choice now. Once contact was made it would be easier to keep going with it.
<Yeah, I can talk. I'm not stupid, you know,> he growled in her mind, the voice tinged with something along the lines of a Californian.

It's voice a growling echo Luna manages to reply "we'll you're a snakey dragon thing, it's completely possible that you can't talk. You don't have to be so mad." She pauses "what about your wing? Can you deal with that or..," she trails off. It's not like she could really help it anyways, but for some reason she felt like she ought to help in any way she could.

<Amphiptere,> he corrected with a sigh. <I can try a healing spell later but I need to wait until I have enough energy before I can try that. If I do it now I'll probably end up killing myself or something equally terrible.>

"Healing spell? So you can do magic and stuff?" She doesn't know why she's exited about that but then again she's not really sure of much at the moment. "How long do you think it'll take?"

He nodded his large reptilian head, taking a moment to gauge himself carefully.
<Hard to tell. A day, two at the most. Probably just a day.>

"And you're just gonna lay there bleeding for a day?" She frowns "what if someone finds you? Do you think I could help? Sorry, I don't know why I would ask that. I obiously can't." She took a deep breath "but will you be okay?"

(I'm gonna have to leave soon, what time would you prefer tomorrow?)

(I have absolutely no idea. Idk when I'm going to get on tomorrow, but I'll be on probably after 12 or 1 or 2 or somewhere in that area. Whenever you get on I'll probably be on too)

He sighed, thinking about it. That was a problem if he was found... There was a thing he could try although it would probably jack up his wing even more and completely sap him of energy. He didn't have any better ideas though, and now was not the time to pull any punches.
He hissed another incantation under his breath before snarling in pain as he morphed into a human. He was a tall man with thick, slightly wavy golden hair and still with the same odd eyes, wearing a red t-shirt and blue jeans. He had no shoes, he was going barefoot at the moment.
He lay there, panting hard from exertion and shaking slightly from the pain and exhaustion. Now at least if someone else found him it wouldn't be an Amphiptere they found but a human- an injured, tired human but a human nonetheless.

The amphi-whatever sighed and hisses, then snarled and suddenly it was a human. A guy. It was a dragon thing now it's a person. He laid on the forest floor, panting, obiously in pain. Luna backed up a few steps "what did you just do? How come you're a guy? What just happened?" She took a deep breath "please tell me what's going on."

(Ok, I'll probably just appear sometime tomorrow.)

"Magic," he gasped, his California accent a little more prominent now. "Shape shifting. Yeah, it'll definitely be a day before I can do the healing spell... Ampha Almighty, this is not fun."

Luna frowned uncertainly at him. "So you're just going to lay there for a day? You're still bleeding, you know that right?" she should probably go and try to find her way back home. This guy was probably insane or something. Heck, she was probably insane too.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » 1x1 with Lotus

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus