Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Orphanage For Wayward Youth

Annaliese Beaucourt (played anonymously)

If the other girl's intention was to scare Annaliese into never taking a bath, she was succeeding. Because her eyes widened and she shook her head. "I-I don't want to die!" she exclaimed softly, sapphire eyes tearing up as she went over to her friend and sat down. "I-I'm not taking a bath. No baths for me."
"Its alright, let's play now." Liliath said not really understanding what she just told. "Can you get more blocks then we can build a house." Liliath said as she grabbed some blocks herself, well building she calmly started humming a song.
Edd (played by Pen_Tsunami) Topic Starter

Edd lets out a sigh. This would be tougher then he thought and he didn’t want to come off as mean and scare the children. “At least scrub your face with a wash clothe and change into your pajamas, that’s all I’m asking.” He looked at Liliath building with the few blocks he had. It would be a very small tower since there was only 6 blocks he knew about. He squatted down in front of her. “If you don’t at least wash your face then I’ll have to take away the blocks and toys until you do, it’ll be quick and you can put on your night wear afterwards”
"No you are not going to do that!"Liliath yelled "And I won't wash my face to, I hate this stupid place!" Liliath yelled and then she stormed out the room. She decided to sit in front of the frontdoor, waiting for anybody to get her out off this place. "I am not going to stay here any longer." She spoke to herself.

Anna flinched as Liliath began to yell, covering her ears. Why did she have to yell so much?? And as the other girl stormed out, she just watched her leave, feeling unable to do anything to help. She didn't like this place. There were too many noises and people, and the house hadn't even officially opened yet! "I-I'm going to leave, too..." she murmured, hugging her arms around her stomach.
Ziktia (played anonymously)

Someone was being exceptionally loud out near the front.

Ziktia marked the book she was reading and closed it. Then, she pulled out her book, her special book, and opened it up.

She wished she could have some of the creatures in the book, or, at least, she wished she could have them when she wanted. If people wanted to yell and scream, they might as well have something real to scream at. Unfortunately, she couldn't really do that. Also, she didn't really want anyone to get mad at her. Yelling was bad enough, and people yelling at her was way worse.

Her tail lashed in annoyance. She kinda wanted to go and see what was going on, but it seemed like a good way to get dragged into something, though, which she wanted to avoid. Getting used to the energy of this place seemed like a better way to handle this first day here. She felt a bit sleepy, too. Maybe... maybe she should try and nap. She was pretty sure she wouldn't be seen by anyone on the floor if she stayed up on the shelf.

With a soft sniffle and a shake of her head, Anna was off, too overwhelmed with everything. She didn't know what to do, what to say, but all she knew was that she wanted to be alone. So she did as she always did when things got bad: Annaliese ran. The small child pushed past Edd and darted out of the room, past Liliath and down the stairs. She didn't want to leave the house, since it was dark out and cold, so she just ran until she was out of breath (which admittedly wasn't long) and ducked into a room with large double doors. Once she got inside, her eyes widened.

There. Were. So. Many. Books!

The white-haired girl tilted her head to the side as her fearful sniffles subsided in order to gape at the absolute majesty that was the manor's library. "Woah..." she breathed out, closing the door behind her and started looking around. Though as she got to one shelf, she saw a fluffy white tail hanging down from it. Huh? Curiously, and with no thought that it could be a bad idea, she poked at it, standing on the tips of her toes to reach it. So... soft...
Liliath was still very mad, since nobody came she decided to go back to the room where she was first. "Don't be to happy that I am back, that betrayer isn't picking me up. I don't want a bath and I also don't want to wash my face, I wan't to go home." The child complaint and then the child started crying again. "i want mommy." she cried

Ziktias had been far too wrapped up in her sleepy thoughts of vicious beasties to notice the white-haired girl coming up to her.

When the little hand tickled the sensitive fur, the young vulpine jumped, fur suddenly bristling in surprise as she sproinged into the air. Her landing was less than graceful, but she kept on top of the shelf, though it looked for a moment like she might fall, one leg going over the edge.

Her heart raced as she looked down silently from her perch at Annaliese, eyes wide with surprise and nervousness. Her ears trembled and her nose twitched at the end of her snout while she stared, just in case the girl reacted dangerously. She had no idea what to expect from such a different looking creature.

Anna always had a love of animals, so when she had seen the tail, the child immediately assumed that she was yearning to pet an animal, some sort of fluffy cat or something.

Not another child.

She jolted back when Ziktia jumped, pulling her hand back to her chest, staring right back at the silverfur kitsune. She looked... afraid. What was she supposed to do when an animal felt threatened? Though this creature looked more intelligent than a normal fox or dog or whatever she was, she must still have instincts, right? So, slowly so she didn't startle her, Anna sat on the ground, legs crossed and hands lightly resting in her lap. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't... mean to scare you... Your tail was just really fluffy..."

Ziktia trembled worriedly as she watched the girl. Slowly, though, she put her book back in her bag, put it on, and hopped down to the floor to sit down in front of Annaliese.

Then, she curled her tail around in front of herself and scooched closer, offering the fluff for petting. It was a lot less stressful than talking, even though she knew how protective she should be of her tail. The other girl had pretty hair and seemed nice, though, so it seemed like a safe thing to do.

She glanced down and to the side, not really confident enough to keep eye contact. For all of her internal bravado, she really didn't have any idea how to deal with things like this.

Anna was worried that she made the wrong choice and that the creature was going to run away or attack, though she wouldn't hurt them back, even if she could. Why would she? The other did nothing wrong.

But as Ziktia hopped down and came closer, Anna offered her a kind smile, the first one she had made in a long while. It felt odd to smile, so she dropped it quickly. When the tail was moved closer to her, offered out, she reached for it and began gently petting it, not wanting to pull any of the silver fur out. She wanted to be as gentle as possible.

Her own eyes rose from the tail to the fox's face, and seeing as they were looking away, she focused back on the floof in her lap. "I-I'm Annaliese... Thank you for l-letting me pet.. your tail... Its very soft..."

The brush of pure-white fur twitched slightly under Anna's fingers, another sign of the lingering nervousness.

Eventually, quietly, Ziktia got herself to look up at her and say, "thank you. I-I think your hair is pretty, and you're really gentle with my tail."

She had that shy, happy look, shoulders raised and brought in tight, head slightly lowered, a bit tense and breathing a bit quickly, but with eyes full of joy and the start of comfort.

Another dozen or so seconds pass before she quietly adds, "My name is Ziktia."

Annaliese could feel the twich in anxiety, and she understood that this stranger was just as nervous about her company as Maxy was her's.

Her sappire eyes widened as the kitsune spoke. Ah, so she was right. This stranger was basically like her! But with ears and a tail! "You're w-welcome... Though I think your f-fur is nicer... Very soft.."

She gave the tail another long, gentle stroke, brushing it smooth and untangled, though it hardly was before. The petite girl looked up as her new friend spoke again. "Zi.. tia..." she started, finding the name hard to say. "Ziktie...a?" No, that wasn't quite right. "Zik..? Can I u-um... can I call you Zik..?"

Liliath wrote:
Liliath was still very mad, since nobody came she decided to go back to the room where she was first. "Don't be to happy that I am back, that betrayer isn't picking me up. I don't want a bath and I also don't want to wash my face, I wan't to go home." The child complaint and then the child started crying again. "i want mommy." she cried

Edd pauses. All this because she didn’t want to wash her face for 20 seconds at best? He knelt beside Liliath and hugged her gently. “I’m sorry I’m not your mom but I’m kinda trying my best here... I never really had any siblings either-“ he smiles gently at you. Tho it is true he always wanted a normal family, he wanted the children here to feel comfortable, even if they hated his guts he would still care for them. He cleaned your face with a warm and moist wash cloth and smiled. “See? Only took 10 seconds, now go get on your pajamas and I can play with you if you want-“ before he could finish his sentence he counted to heads in the room. Someone was missing. He knows exactly who it was to. He stood up and looked at Liliath and the others with a kind smile. “I’ll go get Anna real quick and then we can all do something nice together-“ he left the room in a hurry tho, checking the rooms around it. He didn’t call out for her since he was scared it would startle her more so he quietly searched until he came across the library where he opened the door slightly. “Oh, there you are I was worried!” He let out a sigh of relief and then he noticed the little one next to you. “Who’s this?” He walks up to you two and kneels down smiling gently. “Are you the thing the owner of this house was so scared about in the library? Are you lost little one?”
"I did had a sibling, Bella but they don't really know where she is currently. Otherwise she would have been here too, maybe she will come here soon too." Liliath giggeld when he washed her face "yup only 10 seconds." She laughed "Ok!" She got in her pyamas and sat down waiting for Anna to come back.

After a while she got bored and decided to play hide and seek on her own. She decided to hid in the laundry basket and coverd herself with a pile of clothes.

Ziktia giggles a little bit before replying, "Tia works. Zik sounds too sharp, I think. Your name is so smooth and nice, though. Did... did you want to read with me?"

With the continued petting, the tension in her tail and body overall began to fade, the gentle touch just feeling right somehow. Safe. Good. Even the whispering in her head was quiet for now, which was nice no matter how helpful it was sometimes. Either way, she liked this enough that she was willing to call Annaliese a friend, and she liked the idea of reading with friends. Also, she kinda wanted to get a chance to touch the girl's hair. It looked soft, too. Maybe not as soft as her fur, but it still looked really nice.

Unfortunately, that was when someone else came in and immediately came up to her, putting her on the defensive. She unfolded her legs and leapt back from sitting in a surprisingly quick motion, landing a few meters back, a hand reaching into her bag as if ready to draw a weapon. Which... in a way she was. Sometimes if she was in danger, her book did cool things and protected her with its magic, like when she got here and the nasty gliding thing had tried to attack her. Was that the owner? It had disappeared, so it might have told on her....

"I-I got here f-four hours ago, and I know I need to be here! If you're going to try and throw me out for that bitey thing, I'll.... I'll...." She began to threaten, still no louder than before, before realizing that she actually had no idea just what she would do. Wait....

The whispers had started up again, and what to do was obvious now that they'd explained it. All she needed to do to make a threat was say what she wanted to do, not always what she could, as long as it looked like she might be able to.

"I'll feed you to a shoggoth!" she decided. The one time she'd seen a shoggoth, when she found the way to get from where she had been to where she was now, everyone was afraid of it, even though she liked it a lot. All of those mouths and eyes looked funny, and the things it said made a lot of sense and were very nice to her. If even the gun people were afraid of a little five-meter diameter ball of ooze, this guy might be afraid of the idea of it, and maybe he wouldn't take her away from the books.

((Sorry! missed the other post while I was writing. About to go edit that reaction in!))

(( hey guys, it’ll take me some time to respond since I’m in my classes and we only are allowed on our phones when we have literally nothing to do- sorry guys :,3 ))
Jason Alitt (played by ALTY_Heave)

Jason was simply standing in the playroom by himself. He didn't what to do, so he played with his tail. "Is it my turn?" he muttered, looking around. "What if I do it wrong? Mr. Edd is gonna be mad.." He sighed, sitting on the ground. "I gotta wait for him..." He sat on the floor and huffed. "Why am I always the one alone? That's so- weird!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Orphanage For Wayward Youth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus