Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Orphanage For Wayward Youth

Edd (played by Pen_Tsunami) Topic Starter

Edd couldn’t help but giggle like a girl. Yes. It was immature for a 19 year old to be laughing. He patted your head softly smiling gently to rye and not scare you. “You have a nice imagination, did you use to live here? Sorry for the noise, I have a lot of little ones running around who can’t afford homes, would you like a room and a bed? It must be cold in here.” He looks at Anne and pats her head. “Lets get you a bath before you get into your pajamas, and you can wait for your own with Jason in the waiting room, but I won’t force you to come with me if you want to stay here.” Edd stood up and took Anna’s hand. “We shouldn’t keep the others waiting as well.”
Ziktia (played anonymously)

Ziktia's reaction to having her head pat was not pleasant; a vicious electrical shock surged from her body. It was nothing that would cause serious harm, but enough to be painful. Following that, she quickly brought out her book. It was fairly large, ornately bound with rich inscription along its spine, and bore wooden covers engraved with a strange image of some kind of slithering entity creeping around the edges, small semiprecious gems set into the eyes which adorned its aberrant form.

She brought her other hand over to grab the cover, ready to open it, and the book.... pulsed. It didn't move, it didn't glow, it didn't even make a sound, but it definitely changed for a moment in a way that books definitely should not.

She glared at Edd before growling in her little voice, "Don't touch me."

When Edd got shocked he sent another shock in defence, it was just his mind and body reacting to being attacked. It deflected most of its power but still made Edd flinch a little bit. He let out a cough as he wiped a strange green substance from his eyes. "I'm sorry, did I offend you? I won't do it anymore but would you like a room still?" He licked his fingers and straightened his bangs that got a bit fizzy. He didn't like that he left the other children alone for 7 minutes now, Jason was probably still waiting to take a bath. "I'm very sorry but we can't really stand here long since I need to prepare a few baths... You can have a room next to Anna's if you would like." He still smiled softly even tho his hair was kinda sticking up a little bit due to the shock.

The counter-current rushing back at her coursed across her body. Harmless, sure, her subspecies was evolved to channel electricity in all kinds of ways, and some of it would even convert into mana (though she couldn't do anything with it yet), but it was noticeable.

And terrifying.

Ziktia backs away, not even listening to what he's saying at all. Maybe if she'd gotten the chance to train her body more, or if she'd been one of the ones who picked up magic easily she'd be less scared, felt more able to protect herself from a scary person she couldn't hurt back so easily, but she hadn't and she wasn't. All she felt good about doing was getting as lost as she could among the shelves and making sure her special book could defend her if she needed it. The small, already frayed rational part of her brain knew she was fine, that he was probably harmless, but it was far too quiet compared to her noise of her fear.

As she ran, she manages a quick "I'm fine alone" before she's out of sight, again lurking among the books.

She'd have to keep an eye on him...

Edd watches as the girl disappears. He clenched his hand looking at it, he wasn’t used to that before actually. He didn’t blame the child from running away, it was very rude on what he did, especially to a child. He sighed and looked at Anna, taking her hand gently in his. “Lets get you a bath and you can play with her tomorrow if you would like.” He smiles as he left the library with Anna to the play room. He’ll come back to the library later, after everyone’s asleep when it’s quiet to hopefully apologize. He took Anna to the bath and after everyone got a bath and went into there Pajamas Edd told them they have an hour left before they have to go to bed. But he stayed behind to keep his promise on playing with Liliath and eventually found her in the clothes bin. He played with everyone for awhile, playing a few rounds of hide and seek, before he let them have 20 minutes to play with each other.
He left the hall where there bedrooms were located to get some dough he had to preserve for later and made some cute shapes out of it. 10 minutes later he was back at the library with the basket of fresh bunny shaped bread and he started a fire to warm up the room since the shut doors blocked out the heat from the house. He was careful to not burn himself, and let the bunny bread spread its scent around the whole library.
Jason Alitt (played by ALTY_Heave)

Jason was simply sitting in his room on his bed, smiling as he digged through his bags. "It's in here somewhere...Uncle made it special for me..I can't forget about it..." He soon took out a knife, making sure nobody would see him as he played around with it. He sighed. "I'm not tired.." He stared at his bruised and scarred arms with a frown. "I can't sleep..." He shivered, looking around. "I'm alone..I d-don't wanna be alone! Not again.."

(( now I wish I can clone myself, but Edd can’t do that ;v; ))

((It's fineee, I'm fine with just roleplaying with myself sometimes. I completely understand lol, Edd has his hands busy ;>))

A sound begins to permeate the library as Edd returns: ritualistic chanting from unnatural mouths in a language that shouldn't be speakable.

Ziktia had hidden herself away in a back corner, and was kneeling silently in front of her book. It always made her feel better to just.... be near it and listen to it. She eventually caught the scent of warm grain, but wasn't interested. She'd taken some food from home before she left, and the dried meats were much tastier than grains. Also, she wasn't very hungry. It did tell her that someone was probably trying to lure her out. Very suspicious.

Edd left a note on the basket before leaving. The note just had a room key and instructions on where to go to find it. He left the bread near the fire so it could stay warm, he couldn’t really stay here much longer since the children’s 20 minutes were up and he needed to make sure they were asleep. He let out a sigh, maybe he was pushing her too much and she just needed to know he meant no harm, it was just a reaction shock since his body automatically does it when he gets attacked. After saying goodnight to Anna and the twins he had to read Liliath a bedtime story since she wouldn’t fall asleep. Soon he opened the door to Jason’s room and let out a nervous gasp when he had a knife. “Ah-! I’m don’t play with that!” He grabbed it from Jason before letting out a sigh. “You could harm yourself... I wouldn’t like that...” He saw the knife was a custom one, it was different then the kitchen knife so he sat it on the table. “How about I read you a bedtime story? I read Liliath one and I thought you would like one to. He sat next to you on your bed and pulled out a thick big book of fairytales and sighed dusting the dust off of it.
The twins had watched the little boy in ther and then watched him leave, but they didn't know what to do. In Bale's home, they weren't allowed in Bale's office, since he said he had dangerous machinery and a lot of boring things from managing his little store, so they stayed clear of that, as 10 year olds did when they didn't want to get hurt or bored. It also didn't help it was locked most of the time. They had gone in a couple of times though, looking for him. He never yelled at them about it, but he looked funny wearing reading glasses as he called them. He only used them for reading, but the image wouldn't go away.

Mickey decided he wasn't going to stay the nice kid and started prancing around the room, quite literally, and knocking things over and making a mess here and there, Millie trying to get him to stop, while Mickey insisted that the place was too big, and that if it was a mess it would seem smaller, to which Millie didn't... have anything to say back to, so she just sat down on one of the couches and looked at her brother, slightly amused and having a slight smile on her pink lips, deciding that now would be a good a time as any to fix her hair, getting up to try and find a mirror only to stop because she wasn't leaving without her twin, sitting back down into the cushions with a huff and fluff from her dress, which was really pretty in her opinion, propper, and nice, Mickey not really caring what he was wearing, just a white shirt that seemed a little big on him, and some pants that also seemed a little big on him, a thick boot string tying the materiak around his waist/hips since he didn't really care. He'd tied it hazardously since, again, didn't really care and he honestly thought clothes were clothes, that as long as he wasn't prancing around nacked then he should be fine.
Liliath was still awake and very bored at this point she had made a huge mess off her room and decided now to leave her room. She then decided to walk a bit around, well she was walking she started making things float with her powers. She quite liked it.

"This is way more fun then sleeping." Liliath said to herself excited.
((Is there another pair of twins I should be aware of??))
((No I am sorry, this is my fault))
((edited my message))
((Kk))

Mikey saw somethings floating, and smiled, wanting to grab it and see why it was capable of floating, jumping multiple times but most likely not reaching it.

Millie fixed her bow, with begrudging help from Mickey, and they both started following the floaty things, talking amongst themselves and theorizing as much as 10 year olds could, about why they were floating. They both though the idea that there were faries trapped inside made sence, so they redoubled their efforts into trying to catch the elusive things.

((Sorry, guys, I was at school djdjfjejd I'm trying to be on as much as possible))

Jason stared at Edd as he took the knife. He frowned. "I-" He crossed his arms. "F-Fine! Whatever..a story would be good- I guess." He stared at the knife and sighed. "Can I please hold the knife?" he said as politely as possible, though there was a slight edge in his voice. His uncle was the only person who treated him right, and the knife just made him happy.

Edd sighed and put a plastic wrap over the knife so Jason wouldn’t hurt himself and read a few story’s to him. After Jason fell asleep Edd was aware that things in the hall started to float and a few shattered glass pieces. He didn’t have much table decorations so only a few things were on the ground but he still found it suspicious. He would want to grab them using his own powers he drew back his hand. His power was gathering too much energy after all those years of being stored and he was afraid it might increase the gravity in the whole mansion instead. He let out a worried sigh as he followed the floating objects. At least the things that were floating were mostly stuffed animals and a... vase. Ok that wasn’t very safe. Edd climbed a chair and got the vase down from the air. He used a bit of his own powers to make it stop floating as he placed it back down on the table. He continued following the objects in a separate hall from the twins until he found Liliath. “That’s a nice talent you got there, but can you put the things down?” He smiles at you patting your head. “But I’m surprised a little one like you can hold this many objects up with there powers without getting tired.”

Jason couldn't sleep as he heard the shatterring. He groaned. "Stupid, sensitive ears!" He pulled at his own ears and sat in bed quietly, picking the knife up. "Maybe I can- get the plastic wrap off.." He looked down at his nails, which were sharper than usual since he was part cat. "I'm sure Mr. Edd is busy..he won't notice until he's done taking care of everyone else." He giggled, beginning to tear the plastic, slowly but surely.

Alone again. Good. Ziktia didn't like the person who had come again, probably leaving food laced with sedatives or something, but she did like Annaliese. She was nice, and much more gentle. The whispering said that she might even Understand! But... well... Ziktia wouldn't be able to find her without exploring this big mansion more. If she was very lucky, these creatures were mostly diurnal and would sleep soon with the night. All there was to do now was wait....

Okay, and at least see what the person had brought.

She moved across the tops of the shelves, and eventually got close enough to see the basket: A weird shaped loaf, a note, and a key. Weird. Well, it wasn't going to do anything right now. She left it and got ready to take a nap in a spot under a desk. In a couple hours, it would be exploring time.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Orphanage For Wayward Youth

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus