Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

The forest was barely recognizable with the rebirth of the world. The grey and haunting branches where shrouded beneath a canopy of dark purple leaves. Thicker tufts of grass clung for life in the rocky terrain and hid a few traces of bones. In the shadow of the mountain, the mansion was protected and held it's former glory but was home to little more than wind and ghosts now.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

He landed by the mansion and the guardian floated by him the scales turning a deep dark green, "I feel like I know this place"

Whatever warm light once filled the mansion was nowhere to be found, leaving an eerie feeling. A few leaves rolled across the ground towards the half opened doors of the place. Streaks of blood painted the movements of the doors in the breeze.

Stepping inside would reveal a familiar sight, the shrine and the bowl that captured the blood of sacrifices. The golden dish was full, having flowed over to the 'sacrifice' which sat on the floor beneath it. No child, but an adult luminary stared at the entrance with pure terror on its face. Their eyes were plucked out and dark fire burned in the sockets and open mouth. One hand clung to their ribs which had been violently tore open and spread wide while the other sat, palm up, one the ground with veins and arteries draped over it. The heart was missing.

A few feathers sat in the blood pooled around the poor soul but the only footprints visible belonged to a child and a woman. They appeared to circle the formerly elite luminary before fading up the stairs.

Yup they are still here", he said letting a darkness teams of mana flow out with killing intent. He transformed to his second form and went Down the stairs. He removed a dagger from his belt and began to scratch the walls as he went down, "I'm about to burn this place down. So just come out or just burn all together"

His words were met only by the scratching of the blade. The bloody tracks faded shortly after the stairs ended. With the exception of a few items that were left behind, the house remained as it was when they left.

No luck was given to the mana either. A rodent or small, curious beast may have wandered in but living souls were void in this place. Vague traces of mana, though disrupted by the spirits, remained. The most recent remnant was nearly a day old and of darkness. Whatever Inei and Keiran found there, it had led them away.

Well let's search around maybe they kept books on their rituals or stuff", he said as the guardians appeared on possessed by tobi and they began to search around for anything important

Bookshelves could be found in the library upstairs or nearly every bedroom. Most of the books had been brought with the Valra but a few remained lying on the shelves. Even in their haste to leave it seemed they were clever enough to not leave any behind about their magic or rituals.

The library contained various stories and a few books on folktales. A single book was reresting open on a table. Its pages stuck up in every direction and were strewn about. Whatever or whoever anhialated it dug so deep the inner cover was scratched up.

Should they venture into Nasr's old room, they would find shulgir board sitting out. The pieces had been thrown across the room with the exception of one. It was doused in blood, which was dry now, and held a scrap of parchment under it.

He went over to Nasr rooms and looks over the board. He looked at the piece and began to investigate the parchment

It tore a little due to being stuck to the board. The scrap was taken from a book. Though blood made most of it hard to read some words were still clear. Valra...to be trained...our perfect assassins.

Besides a few random, nonsensical dark runes written on the board, nothing seemed too out of place. Darkness wafted off the piece and stirred some mana when it was disturbed. The cruel nature of the mana left powerful imprints of what happened.

A chilling laugh echoed through the room. Its sadistic madness tainted the tone just enough to make it tricky to identify that it was Nasr.
The piece rocked as though someone poked it. "He always said hunts were fun" Keiran's voice said.

Inei's voice quickly followed. "I'm sure he meant beasts. He's hunting Luminaries now. They deserve what he's giving them but...let's go"

Ok I think I know what's going on then", he said walking up the stairs, "Tobi do it", he said the dark guardian walked to the middle and blew up. It scattered what was I the room but the walls were fine. The white guardian followed him up then stood there till he was outside. As soon as he went outside the guardian blew up also scattering the rooms but leaving the building intact. The dragon gaurdain was waiting for him with its foot down like a stairway for him to climb up, , "oh true where would they be now. Nasr is hunting luminaries so the nearest town then", "he said climbing up the dragons back

At the foot of the mountain, beyond the forest was the remnants of the city where the adventure began. Plants already clamored over the fresh ruins making them look older than they really were.

Beyond the former city of fire lie seemingly endless wildernesses which stood between him and the last cities. In the north-eastern mountains resided the city of Lightning and on the south-eastern border resided the larger but more humble city of Soil.

well Nasr hated those lighting assassins soI think I know where to go now", he said, "Tobi the lighting kingdom I mean city please", he said as the dragon moved towards the city the scales turned blue and with gold claws on each feet. It grew two horns and became longer, "well makeover. Kuroi will love it"

The sky grew darker as they drew closer. Day become as dark as night lit by the constant flashes of lightning. Resting between the lethal mountain peaks and the swirling storm was the city glowing like a beacon. Lightning danced over it in jagged ribbons and connected it to the sky.

Getting near the city would reveal its unusual nature with the amount of rose-bronze that crested most of the structures. Setting foot in the streets would feel like a different time entirely. An unusual mix of futures existed here with the appeal of a steampunkish atmosphere. Lights were sparse to display the glow of the Raixi who dominated the population. Areas that housed non glowing races were decorated with fine lamps and 'neon' lights that glowed like LED strips.

Kuroi's statement about Shinigami needing to talk with the Raixi became clear. Machines could be seen everywhere. Most that were visible were simple such as traps or enhancements for entertainment. A collar that could digitize a voice for one example. Through the window of a workshop their inventing genius could be seen as a young apprentice worked with a mechanical beast to calibrate its movements.

The sunstone tower was still standing and elegantly decorated in the rose-bronze. Beneath its fine form Raixi youth ran about tossing a ball of lightning back and forth. Was this city even aware of the eras end? If Nasr was here then they all seemed equally oblivious.

Aww look at that tower standing there all lonely. Let's give it a friend. Oh I used up all the towers I had. Then one more wouldn't kill", he said as the dragon flew to the castle and wrapped around it. He jumped down and landed face down to the ground as the dragon took the tower then disappeared with it. Tobi went back to him with the ring he had given Elena. Silently putting the ring on him Tobi went to his buckle clicking it right

Silence fell over the city as the dragon wrapped around the tower. Every soul stopped and stared with fear and wonder. When it vanished, thunder blasted through the silence as the lightning ball exploded across the area. More bolts tore at the ground where it once stood until the loss of power was balanced by the storm.

Through the disruption a few had seen him hit the ground. Some Raixi prepared to strike while others got in the way. Other races responded in a similar way, creating a small quarrel until an unseen force shoved them apart. A familiar human walked among them and picked out a couple Raixi. They were directed towards Shinigami while the rest were sent back to their duties. He vanished as the two crouched down beside the new comer.

The woman, a green Raixi, shook his shoulder. " Hey human! Trying to land like one of us won't win you respect. It'll get you killed instead"

" Maybe that's what he wants" The red-purple Raixi said as he crossed his arms. " I'm amazed to see a human, beyond our immortal blood, so soon. Weren't they all killed a few days ago?"

Killed by who Travis. You belittle me too much don't you think", he said raising his head from the ground and spat out a rock, "haa. Lighting. Makes the skin alive", he said standing up uninjured and began to dust himself, "seeing how quiet it is I say I can the wrong way. Well the high luminary is gone last I heard so I'm free to go where I want now. No more luminaries to hold me back. Anyway seeing as you both walked up its either you're here to attack me or to you're here to know why a man fell from the sky", he said strentenung his long coat, "which one. Just know I'm busy"

They took a couple steps when they saw he was unharmed. Bewilderment rested on both as they looked him over. It was impossible for a human to be woundless unless...suddenly they chuckled as their wolf teeth showed in an amused grin.

" You should be a Raixi with a comment like that" The green one said tucking her hand under her jaw. " If we wanted you dead, you'd be ashes by now. You can thank your friend for calming the brewing storm. Knowing Travis will open many doors for you here however..."

" Your prank has given you many enemies and struck rivalries in stone" The purple one continued. He motioned with his head towards the place where the tower once stood. The youth who were playing earlier explored the empty area now. " Beyond angering the High Luminary what buissiness has you face planting?"

I'm looking for a very vengeful spirit. Also I saw a tower and decided to take it for myself. Wait the high luminary is dead didn't Travis tell you. He was there. He killed all the humans after being tricked by the luminaries and the light city was destroyed. Well maybe word hasn't reached yet. So yeah what did you say about Travis again. He Aires knows how not to hide doesn't he. Before you ask yes I want to kill him or torture him. Most likely kill him. Nah that's wrong it's most likely both. if you know I'm human then you already understand why", he said looking around

What news didn't reach who? The two looked at one another and passed some silent words before looking back at him. " The city may be destroyed but the High Luminary still lives. He was here two days ago" the purple Raixi crossed his arms again and stared at the empty lot. " There are better hobbies than collecting towers. That was the tallest lighting rod"

The green one glared at Shinigami now. " The vengeful spirit lives in you. Killing Travis is impossible so give up!" She vanished into the city by lightning bolt. Its crack held an aggressive yet sorrowful tone.

The purple one brought his hand to his forehead and sighed. " Knowing Travis will open many doors for you here but wanting to hurt him will get you shunned" His hand was lowered so he could look past it. " She is related to him. One third of this city could say the same now. We all lost good humans here but it doesn't mean we'll hand him over. Humans will return...they always do" Though he began to turn away, he kept his gaze fixed on Shinigami.

Yeah but you see I'm the one who told him to save them. I thought he would save his people. But he's the one who killed them all. Tell Travis whatever he's doing better be worth it if not the devil is coming. I guess I better g get going then. Tell Travis I said him also tell him....nothing. Just nothing. It's all his fault. Let him seat with that", he said as his wings flew out and two others appeared this ones black as his mana, "I might not leave in a cool show of electricity like your friend but I deserve a cool exit. You're not getting that tower back. You don't need them anymore", he said flying out of the spot in a bang to the city border, "she should be here. It's been two days she probably isn't anymore. Too bad then. I wanted to warn her", he said flying upwards to look down on the city

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus