Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

Once he regained his footing, Nasr lept to a nearby branch. It should have broken under his weight but it held strong. " The ones I would watch are the Luminaries. How did you put it....they think their so good!" He tore at the tree with his talons. " Hypocrites! Tonight you will..."
" NASR!! THAT'S ENOUGH!!" The tension was thick between those two. " You know those are forbidden secrets, son. I can't lose you too" The griffin's ears drooped as he sighed. Shadows danced around him until he too, was like a human.

This man had seen battle many times with the number of scars he had. The pride he held was countered by the sorrow in his face. His hair fell into his face a bit but he didn't seem to care. Bones seemed to craft most of his outfit.

He turned to face the stranger once more. " Forgive my son. He can be brash at times." He glanced over to Nasr briefly before saying more. "As long as you do not betray or harm us then you are safe here. Now I don't think we know your name"
Shinigami (played by Great7)

“Its shinigami, don’t ask what it means”, he said then looked over to Nasr, “he is Nasr and he is your son. And from what I can collect you’re planing to attack the luminaries tonight. Well don’t, you’ll die”

He looked at Shinigami and nodded before walking away. " Indeed. Do you think you could survive?" Many of the ravens shifted restlessly in the trees now.

Nasr watched the both of them intently. He had a feeling there was more to this new guy than he perceived but playing a political game would win no allies or friends. Suddenly he swung his arm out and a cold presence fell over the forest. The ravens scattered instantly. Nasr held a new dominance now. " Let him make his choice to challenge them AFTER he has seen both sides and secrets." He then looked over to Shinigami. He would surely have his own thoughts.

“I’m saying no, I’m not helping one side kill another. If I help you guys then they will find someone like me to fight you. Then things will get messy. Why do you think my existence has been hidden”, he said looking over to nasr’s father, “listen, theres a reason they refuse to acknowledge you all. If we can control their reasonings then their new generations will accept while the old one die away”

Nasr's father clenched his teeth as he looked at both of the youth. In a way the two boys were similar. Finally he pointed at Nasr. " You know very well what is at stake! As the next in line to lead this family I expect you to do what's best for us"

Nasr lifted his head in a challenge. " Then let me handle it my way." He then waved his hand to dismiss his father before looking at Shinigami once more. He didn't expect him to share his tale yet but he wondered why his kind hid themselves away.

He sat down on the floor and sighed, “I guess I’m the peacemaker. I’m going to hate this.”, he said then looked up, “see, there’s darkness and then there’s light”, he said showing his hand and dark energy was on his left and white on his right, “my kind are loved by energy and have easy access to them. We are like cheats and people will try to control us. My parents were like me but I’ve been on my own for a while.”, after saying all this he looked up, “it’s your turn to share. What’s was your plan”

Nasr's eyes shifted to the light that he held. How could one wield both light and dark? " So....that's how you controlled the Unilas' attacks" He folded his hands before his face as he pondered over what he was told.

" Control. That is what anyone does when they find power" He closed his eyes and listened to the breeze as he thought. The trees creaked and groaned their own tale until Nasr opened his eyes once more. " I was not always like this. I was only four when I fell ill with a mysterious disease. It was....killing me" He rested a hand on his stomach as he remembered the pain. " Then the Luminaries appeared and attacked my clan. Once they saw me they quit and told my parents they could cure me only if we swore to serve them" He locked eyes to show a deep hatred that burned within. " If you want to understand that price then return here at night. We are not planning an attack. The truth is.....much worse"

“Ok, then. But remember what I said”, he said then gather the feather up, “and they lied, they can’t cure you. They don’t even know what it is. I’m sure you know that already. Thanks for the feathers by the way”

He nodded as a small grin appeared. " I hope they help both you and that robin" He reached back and pulled out a tin whistle that was attached to his belt. Shinigami's words rang through his head. "They can't cure you" Was he still dying then?

He brought the flute to his lips and started to play. A sweet yet haunting melody betrayed his thoughts and sorrow. Though he faded away his song remained.

He began to walk then gather some darkness to his legs again and took to the air. He wasn’t going to use the feathers. He had seen the robin’s nest and knew reliazed then that the robin didn’t return the hoodie because the chicks were to hatch and it didn’t have time to change nests, “guess I will just keep then”

The night brought with it dread and a foreboding presence. Nasr stood before a mirror in his were-raven form adjusting his ceremonial armor. The metal absorbed the light around it. Once the armor was secure he grabbed the ceremonial cloak and put it on over the armor. Only his beak showed once the hood was up.

He would need to meet Shinigami in the forest to guide him to the mansion. He could only hope chaos would stay it's hand.

Shinoyami arrived at the forest and went to the spot he was before. He had gotten a hooded robe and looked around for Nasr.

He grabbed a small pendant with dark fire sealed within before vanishing into the shadows. Once in the forest he looked around but it was the scent that gave away Shinigami's location. The cloak and armor made him look more like a cultist than a beast. He held out the pendant as he approached. " My kind can smell quite well. You will want to hide your scent"

“Wait so you guys have been sniffing me all this time”, he said with a spotless look and took the pendant, “ that is not so something to be doing. So you’re sure you’re not attacking them”

Nasr brought his hand to his forehead with a raspy sigh. " We have not been..... It is more like when you pass by a bakery and smell the bread"

He started to walk back towards the mansion but stayed off the main path for a reason. " I know we are not attacking but...." He looked off to side. lights began to wander through the fog. " Just stay hidden and understand that I despise what I must do tonight"

Then tell me what you have to do tonight so you don’t have to do it”, he said wearing the necklace, “I still dont understand much of what was going on”, he said following

He stretched his wings and shifted them a few times. " A sacrifice is being brought tonight and by a Luminary of all people" He stepped to the edge of stone that overlooked the path. Below Valra in ceremonial garb lined both sides of the path. A few held otherworldly flames of purple and blue that cast a hellish glow over the place.

He traced the path of the trail with his talon until he pointed to a vague shadow in the fog. " She is here and with the sacrifice no doubt." He looked at Shinigami with a disturbing distance in his eyes. " I must tear the heart from that child tonight. I have been requested....by name....for whatever task the Luminary has for me"

“Wait they are requesting you to tear the heart of that child, why so”, he asked looking over to see the child

" I only have half of that answer" He said as he turned away. " The child is imperfect and so has no right to live. Valra need hearts....it is our duty to kill them" The way he bounded across the rocks made him seem weightless but his legs seemed ridged.
The lights of the mansion were visible through the fog now. An eerie ambiance surrounded this place along with the faint scent of death.

“Incomplete, please explain to me more, I know you won’t be wasting their time. Why do you do this for them if they disrespect you so much”, he asked in confusion.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus