Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

"Hm?" The ghost looked over at them while the last book he held was returned to the shelves. " Actually it was I who taught her how to read them" He said and floated over to them.

Left, right, upside down, it was all random and tough to make sense of. Averin circled overhead for a bit before grabbing a tablet to rearrange them. " How is the circle incomplete?"

" That's stupid that they would put an incomplete circle in the stones" Pavol stated as he crossed his arms. " What's the point?"

" Maybe something happened to prevent them from finishing or it's related to the secrets these stones hold" Yuuma turned a stone to help Averin put the writing together. He looked up at Elena with curiosity. " Do you know why?"
Shinigami (played by Great7)

We aren't dumb enough to leave powerful circle there for some random magician to use and learn. Where does shinigami put his spells and what did he say he would do if you look at it", she said bringing out her notebook, "well if the spells has a purpose then it won't be incomplete but if it's a once in a while use for sure they removed a piece for those who really need it to study and complete it"

" We don't need silly circles!" Pavol said with a grin. Light flowed from one hand to the other then solidified into a beautiful sword. He swung it a few times before placing its tip in one of the grooves. " Best not to write it down if you don't want others to learn your secrets"

The last tablet was slid into place, making the fragments of the circle frame the words and images. " Remember Pavol, this was before our time. They all use circles" Yuuma seemed distance as he looked over the words. Some he had managed to translate through the night but it was still a mystery to him. He shook his head and sighed. " I guess Shinigami keeps his spells in his room or that black book of his. He writes everything in that book though"

" Yeah, he says bad things will happen if we touch his book" The boy crossed his arms and scowled at the tablets, though he wasn't really paying attention. An image in one of the corners changed that and his eyes grew wide. " Why is that human getting eaten by shadows? And that one over there has a strange creature inside it"

Averin had been reading the whole time when he pointed them out. He looked over the various images then nodded. " It appears this was written during the fall of the gods. Not sure if the circle and this info was written in desperation or in a prophetic sense but they knew their power was gone forever" He pointed to the various images scattered about only to pause by the one with the creature inside the human. " These are the fates placed on humanity should they attempt to reclaim their power. Another curse of Solarium. This one here shows one of her demons living in a human. This isn't possession but a unification of existence"

" Huh? I saw that image somewhere before...I wonder..." Yuuma glanced over them before digging into the book the gods had written. It took many minutes to locate the page with how large it was but he eventually found what he was looking for. " Here it is! Let's see...The fool truly believes I don't know what he's up too. Purity of blood to restore his wretched kind? Pah! I only allowed him by my side because he can help speed up my goals. I presented him to Greed with the hope of strengthening my hold on this world. To my delight, he took the 'innocent' offer and set an ancient spell in motion. Every human that exists at the end of each era shall suffer for betraying my mother. Her demons are now the passion and drive in life for the strong. If any do get magic, every Nyctoran will beg for my protection from their tyranny and I will oblige. The weak humans will die of the most agonizing and amusing diseases"

More was on the page but Yuuma shuddered at what he had just read. Reluctantly he scanned further down the page. "The horror that showed in his eyes when he realized what Greed didn't tell him about the deal. I told him the human race would avoid their fate if he killed every single one before the next era. New, pure humans would be born and live full lives until the end again. What delicious misery that tears at his soul now. What he doesn't know is their blood and souls will be used to strengthen mother and build our perfect world"

Bad things. Yep you can call them that. Speaking from experience it's easier to kill the person that saw your noted than erase their memories. So this book Sounds like solarium alright. That's what you get for making a deal with demons. They use you and throw you out", she said kneeling by the tablet, "maybe this tablet isn't about my kind but the humans. To document them or to warn about their curse. Say who was the top seer then that could foresee this. And also move away from the tablet my kind like setting traps when it comes to their info"

" He would kill us over a silly book!?" The sword shattered into fragments of light as Pavol scrambled back and fell off the table. He was quick to get to his feet and brush off the dust. " That's mean!"

" That's why he always moves the book or closes it if someone tries to peek. He's not mean" Yuuma stated while closing the book. His attention returned to the tablets. Something didn't add up. If they were rigged with a trap then why was the one who studied them before still safe? Beyond that, if it was a warning then why trap something of great importance? He ran his hand over the writing as he thought. Tiny remnants of power tingled in his fingers but were barely noticeable. " The passages that I read were written by Sonne. It's been a few ages since the deal was made"

Just before he floated away, Averin noted small markings that appeared to be apart of the broken circle. A name perhaps? " If you're going to risk getting hurt, Yuuma, check the corner. It may hold the answer to her question"

" I'm fine really but..." His eyes fell on the markings that the ghost had found. These were written in a more modern script than the rest, allowing it to blend into the circle well. It's familiarity sent chills through the young dragon's spine but piqued his curiosity more. " A name...it translates to one very close to mine...Esperaul...Celestria Esperaul. I'm an Esperaunce...do you think...?" He shook his head at the absurd thought of any relation. " The way it's signed, I guess they didn't want to be known easily"

Oh you're a seer. Time travel. Maybe reincarnation. Either way it is a bringer coincidence. Anyway Tobi should find the answer but he won't leave shinigamis side. Oh be careful Tobi is known for cutting the heads of of people who attacked weakened shinigami", she said bringing out the book and began to copy down the tablet, "also I'm taking that. Unless you can understand its use"

" Time travel is a bit of a stretch don't you think? And reincarnation...um...what is that?" He said with a nervous chuckle. Pavol reached up, grabbed his horns, and pulled Yuuma's head down to his height. " He's not even human. It's impossible!"

" H-hey! We're all descendants of humans! Now...let go please" The kid giggled before releasing Yuuma's horns. He rubbed his head as he sat back up. " I'll lose my head to the luminary long before I lose it to Tobi. Shinigami helped me. I have no reason to attack him"

More books were removed from the table and carried away to the shelves. The movement drew Yuuma's attention back to the tablets. " I might...know what to do with these after more study. What will you do with them?"

Well if they show the future then we need to prepare. All we've been through are just the beginning", she said closing the book as a portal appeared beside her, "study it. Also careful not to use mana around it", she said then walked through the the portal then it disappeared

His gaze returned to the tablets after she vanished through the portal. In all reality aid may still be needed to figure out the tablets secrets but he refused to quit so soon. " Just the beginning? Pavol, it sounds like we have our hands full and four are still missing from what I hear..."

" Gives us a headstart on training!" The boy said with a massive grin.

Yuuma smiled and shook his head at him. " If Shinigami hears you, he'll put through the wringer"

The rest of the day would place more weight on the word 'missing'. No news was heard from Inei and Keiran about Nasr's whereabouts or how they fared.
With everything cleaned up and prepared for the elders of Shinigami's kin, Averin stared out a window hoping for the safe return of them and Kuroi.

He stayed alert for any requests despite his concerns though. Should they need him, or worse, Sonne or one of her followers appear then he needed to be ready to move. "...She has been weakened..." Surely that sun goddess had found some way to recover by now.

Shinigami woke up the next morning. Elena was beside him writing in her book and Lisa was laid there sitting in the floor head on the bed, "so I passé out", shinigami asked standing up

Yep. You almost died", Elena said closing the book and putting it away,"how's your body"

Fine", he said standing up as Lisa woke up. He walked to his window and strectged , "I need to go hunt sonne and capture her again"

The same trick might not work. You need to cut her off from her mother", Elena replied

Oh that's smart. I just have to make a few changes to the antimagic circle for that. Well thanks for not removing my clothes", he said jumping down the window and landed out side, "averin",

We did take off his clothes. We only left his pants", Lisa said

Let him find out

The ghost's head twitched in the direction that he heard his name just before he fazed through the wall. It was good thing Shinigami was still at the castle or he would not be able to reach him. " You're awake. Feeling well or...a bit focused? You'll freeze standing in my lady's storms like that"

He looked down to find himself shirtless, "of course Lisa took my clothes off. If not her then mom was trying some experiment again.", he said as Tobi floated over with a white shirt and deep blue long jacket with golden bottoms and a hood, "what am I now an assassin prince0, he says wearing the clothes, "white hair too. You really like your styles. Anyway I need to find sonne. Then capture her. So where's Nasr I plan on leaving now"

" Dare I ask what kind of experiments she would perform on you?" Averin said as he watched Tobi bring the clothes. He smiled for a moment at the situation. " I'm afraid Nasr's whereabouts are still unknown. Inei and the last human boy are lost now too"

Silently he floated to the edge of the castle and peered below. " You have beaten Sonne a few times now. Surely she has wised up on how to avoid you"

His eyes became green as he transformed to his forth form, "you would think so but she right here", he said as a portal opened needed him and he draged sonne out, "say hello to sonne. The one who forced me to reach higher. Glad to see your body is healing", he said grabbing her by the throat and pulled her soul out, "I told you we are connected. I just need a little mana to see where you are and grab you. We are connected after all. Now averin what did you say about those three", he said shattering what remained of sonne in anger

The one he grabbed was Borealis for Sonne had fused her soul within the Solxienix's. Such an action resulted in him removing both from her body. " How is it...we're connected...fool? You track and that's all. I still win this round" Her cruel grin showed through Borealis' visage moments before they were shattered. Most disturbing was a third scream heard from below.

To see a Nyctoran shattered under his anger made Averin cringe. His nerves were frayed more with what she said and the scream that rose from the land. " Her soul feels...different"

He sighed and looked over at him. " You heard me. None of them have returned"

He's still trying to kill solarium", he said dumping what remains of the body away from his hands and began walking as blue energy began to disperse from him, "I guess we are both living a lie since we both think we are winning. It's high time I became a god don't you think. I have nothing else to do do I. Might as well become something solarium can't beat. Well forget being a god maybe a devil. More like it, kuroi is already a god so me being a devil should do the trick. Averin, tell the crowd that wants to see me that I'm not here. Well now bye also if my mom asks tell her I'm still looking for sonne0, he said as the dragon guardian appeared and he jumped ontop. The dragon began to make its way out, "sonne no time for games. Follow me"

" A devil!? Have you gone mad?" He exclaimed. He was terrifying enough already when angered. What would life endure if he succeeded?

The light from Sonne's soul fragment dispersed into the plants as she laughed at the situation. They glowed like the sun for a few moments then grew into incredible forms and sizes. " I find it perfect. As a devil he will destroy this wretched world for me. And follow? What an idiot. I only follow MY designs" Borealis' spirit was left drained and dull. It stood their in silence then scattered into the sky. All traces of Sonne's spirit vanished alongside it.

Averin shook his head and stepped back. She had just Proven more insane than Shinigami. Kuroi had used the magic before but he stopped her for good reason. " This is beyond all of our control now. Let her fade away. Focus on restoring your clan but...I shall let them know"

I will find her later", he daid as he turned back and the dragon kept moving on, "averin. Bye for now. Also where did they go. Inei I mean"

" Their search began at the Varethar mansion in Carrion Forest" He blurted out. " Perhaps you will find their trail there. May you return swiftly and with success" Averin waved his farewell then vanished back into the castle.

Ok. Then we go there. Wait why would he go there", he blurted out as the dragon went it's way there

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus