Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

He looked at nasr, “are the women beautiful”, he asked

Tobi looked at her, “you do know I blocked the sun. Then you moved away”, she said with a blank face, “dumbass”
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" Of course they are" He replied. " Their dream forms are kitsunes! They are blessed with beauty"

" Sight is not her only sense" She retorted with a glare. " Even if I stayed, this still comes with a risk" The shadows prevented her hair from falling back down when she turned and strode to the middle of the room. Her feet touched the blood and mana from all corners of the castle rushed to her. Shadows cried out like wailing spirits and filled the room.

When all fell still, Kuroi sat in the middle and the blood was missing. Darkness sparked and swirled over body, revealing both the beauty of the night and the haunting beauty of death. " This mana..." She said under her breath.

A distinct growl and laughter hidden in thunder could be heard outside. At best, the castle would become the target so she forced herself back to her feet.

I meant the mermaids. Are they beautiful”, he said

She looked st kuroi, “you’re weird. Even before”

" Mermaids...what are mermaids?" He said while watching the land pass by. " Levias can be pretty or not so much. It is split evenly on their beauty"

" Just admit it, you don't approve of me" A portal was opened and she stepped through to return to the house. She looked around then headed to the icebox only to find it empty. " Aaaand...they ate it all..." She sighed.

" That will be the least of your worries now" Yuyami appeared behind her with his arms crossed.

She turned and scowled at him. " Did you really expect me to sit by as a useless, magicless human!?"

I see. Then let’s see the fox girls”, he said as the X-ray circle appeared in his eyes.

Tobi followed behind her and punched yuyami when she saw him, “he stinks. The smell is bad for children “

" Since we are riding on your dragon...can it sniff them out? Does it know what they smell like?" He said with a smug grin as he reclined.

Yuyami rubbed where she hit but scowled at her. " What is you're problem? Getting punched by two women in..." His voice trailed off as he wandered to the living room. " There's only one guy of your rag tag crew who has a tendency to stink is Nasr. How do I stink? Of too much incense maybe? "

" He's not here right now" Kuroi chuckled then looked at Tobi. " I doubt they can smell anything yet"

" Oh! A mother hen...and Shadow said Averin was one. Looks like Tobi is one too" He flopped onto the sofa and stared at them. " Again, You have bigger problems now. The servants of the sun are going to hunt you and Shinigami with both your careless actions"

And.....kuroi is back in power. Well for now it’s best not to be carefree”, he said

Tobi looked at him, “of sweat. Seriously take a bath. You too”, she said looking st kuroi, “making my tongue feel grossed out. Anyway it’s high time they left”

" Nice way to dodge the question" Nasr chuckled. " Wait back in power...like she is ruling again or something?" While he looked at his friend, silent foxfire appeared above the basket of fish and began stealing them one by one. Little or big, the fish were carried away with ease but the sent on the air made him look up.

A parade of fish, guided by various colors of flames almost resembled a lantern festival. Both beautiful and strange in it's own right. " We found them...kinda. Just follow the fish"

" You're nose is like a Valra's" Yuyami said with a playful pride. " I'm amazed the boy survived having to take multiple baths a day"

" Don't aggravate her" Kuroi grumbled. She looked at her arms and legs, seeing remnants of dust. " I do need another bath. I want to know how your tongue is grossed out" A glance was tossed at Tobi before she headed for the washroom.

" Better yet, we are referring to the light hunters leaving, yes?" He shifted forward and sat with his forearms resting on his knees.

Hey. We will give you the fish if you take us to the most powerful guys you have”, he said taking a fish and roasted it.

Tobi began to follow kuroi, “no I meant it’s high time they start fighting back. Hiding wasnt going to solve much”

Playful giggles rolled across the stream of foxfire. They bobbed about then began to scatter in all directions while more appeared by the basket to take more fish. Some sang an almost eerie yet ghostly tune which put an aetherial haze over the world, fogging the minds of the boys.

A fog rolled in with a darkness which placed a purple and blue glow in the sky. The trees filled with flowers, resembling sakura and half hidden by a sweet smelling fog. Each tree was decorated with various talismans or had wisps and foxfire dancing among the branches. The fog parted just ahead to reveal a clearing in the trees with a Japanese-like shrine in the middle. Here the Varvatra and the foxfire danced to enchanting music. Every one of them hid their faces behind a fox mask.

" Hiding never does" She answered. " But it can give one the time needed to recover and plan" She stopped at the doorway and looked at Tobi. " Are you going to watch? I can here you fine just outside the door"

He looked at the shrine and the people, “I see. Well the fish is all yours. I can get some more for you later. Oh I know a small swamp. Not really a swamp but you get what I mean. The water there is different so it easier for fishes to swim meaning they have less hard muscles and more fat”, he said, “though I need to exchange pointers with their professors how do I do that. And what’s with the masks”, he said to nasr as the basket of fish was dropped on the floor.

She looked at her with a blank face, “I’ve watched my own generation grow so don’t bother. Let’s go in”, she said pushing kuroi inside then looked at yuyami, “stay out. I will personally kill you. Or cripple you whichever she’s in the mood for”

The moment the basket hit the ground, Varvatra surrounded it. Their tails flipped happily as they grabbed the fish and tossed them to those who knew how to clean them. Fish were sorted by size only after they were descaled and gutted.

" How do you...you speak with them, bonehead!" Nasr knocked on Shinigami's head then stepped back and watched the fox people. Young and old, it didn't matter, everyone was pitching in to prepare the fish.

" They wear masks because...it is their culture. Some say it is apart of the illusion others say seeing the face of another is very special. I think only married couples and their kids could look behind the mask but why not ask them?" He gestured towards them with a shrug. " I do know the markings on the mask denote rank and family"

At that point a pair of Varvatra approached them, one male, one female. Their outfits were more extravagant and beautiful that the others, made more so by their graceful strides. " You have our thanks for the food" The male said with a bow. " We hear you know of a special fishing hole?"

It was always amazing how a tiny squirrel had so much power. " What does watching your generation grow have to do with-" A memory flooded back and interrupted her words. Shinigami also had a similar response when he learned Tobi was a woman. A diamond lining to be sure so she prepared the water.

" Me!? Watch my sister bathe!? You must be mad" He laughed but a bitter glare peeked out from the washroom.

" Didn't stop you from returning my blood when you did"

He rubbed husband head then looked at them, “I hear you guys have the best magic when it comes to illusion. I happen to be....instrested in those. What say I make a seal to that spot and you help me. You teach me how to fight illusions and I give you the spot..be careful with them as overfishing them would mean years before they grow back to population..and I give you a technique. Also I brought the fish cause what better way to let me come in. You guys aren’t illusions right?”, he said looking at them

He talks too much”, tobi sighed picking up kuroi and closed the door. She set her in the bath and poured the water on her, “here comes the hard part. Incase you can’t have a chance to let them grow. We might have to freeze them in time”, tobi said adding to the water, “oh forgot your clothes. You mind wearing the one I stole from that dog girl after she put a curse on shinigami”, tobi asked

Both chuckled and it resonated in their foxfire as mischeivious and playful chuckles. " Only the Caprivik are fool enough to overharvest an area" The woman said as she raised her hand to a flame. It took the form of a little fox and curled in her arms. " The first step to learning illusions is identifying them..." She continued while stroking the fox.

" Look around" The male said while motioning to the surreal landscape. " We are no more or less real than this place. Illusion or not you can still learn from us"

" Not going to tell us..." Nasr mumbled as he looked about. " I bet that is how they avoid Solarium"

She parted her hair away from her face after the water was dumped on her. Last time another bathed her like this she was a tiny whelp. She was no longer helpless though and reached for the soap. " Freeze them in time? Wouldn't they still be at risk and...wait...you stole another outfit?" She tipped her head to look at Tobi now. " Knowing you it's clean. Who knows how Shini will react"

He looked at them with open eyes, “let’s change the deal. I will remove your existence from solarium”, he said jumping down. He reached his second form then his normal form. The dragon disappeared and he walked towards them, “I won’t ask about the illusions. Tough I can figure it out. You see I came here with a spell that lets me see through things like clothes and all. You all still look clothed to me. Well some”, he said holding out a hand to shake, “and the technique too”

Oh nothing much. I only crippled her and took her pjs. They looked cute”, she said jolding up a pink white robe, “I made changes to it of course. Now to your hair”, she said discarding the robe and went to washing her hair, “the kids will need to be kept safe. I’ve hidden them from solarium and others. You won’t even be able to tell them about them. But your body won’t stay as quiet”

For those he could see through their clothing, he would notice appalled expressions hidden behind the masks. Though few males existed among the Varvatra, some chuckled while others stood between Shinigami and their girls. It didn't take long for the girls to catch on. Some hid themselves, others got pissy, and what remained giggled or hoped to catch his attention.

" Damn dude! You'd be dead if she were here right now..." Nasr kept his voice low while biting the back of his fingers. A smile stayed hidden behind them.

" Disrespectful" The male Varvatra stated while lifting his head. " However, it's evidence of your skill" His tail flipped about then curled around the woman beside him.

" We worship Lumerin" She ran her fingers through the fur of his tail and shifted it to better hide herself. " Separating us from Solarium will require her death. A task far beyond any mortal and most unwise. How do you plan to keep this promise?"

Kuroi's eyes grew wide at the sight of the pj's. " P-pink!? Even he ha-" Her words cut short when Tobi started washing her hair. If this was how Shinigami was raised she could see how he wouldn't be shy about the body. Who was more spoiled growing up though, him or her?

She did her best not to move her head while she washed her body but it meant limiting herself to her upper body. " If I understand you right, no one will know or see evidence of the children but...I shall still endure whatever comes with being a mother including birthing them when the time comes?"

Thanks. By the way you all look lovely just....not as good. And hopefully that’s enough cause I didn’t want to do more. As for your question, I’m shinigami that’s my answer”, he said with a smile let grin, “by the way I made sure I could see through the guys too in case someone tries to attack me though you guys don’t like doing that. Been wondering why doesn’t your kind engage more. If you did you could shake the raxai. Forget that when can I start”,

Tobi began to rinse her hair, “let me see. There’s the stage of holding a fifteen pound baby in you. Then there holding two. Then theres the pushing towards the lungs and all that pain and then we have the fight against solarium. You can’t do that and be a mother at the same time”, tobi said

Many studied him intently with the mention of his name. The male Varvatra reached out with magic at his fingertips when one of the girls cried out. " What are we not as good as!?"

" Stop whining!" One of the boys piped in. His tail was curled around his waist now. " Did you not hear that he's looking at both genders!?"

While the two continued their argument, the leader sighed and shook his head while touching Shinigami's forehead. The rune of Death became visible then faded when he pulled his hand away. " The mark of the mythical god...So the time of darkness has come"

The woman nodded then focused on Shinigami. The eyes of her mask seemed to be alive. " Shake the Raixi? You know of those who live among the sun spires, no doubt" She turned away and looked at a dark, towering mountain in the distance. " Raixi are wild but they are not foes"

" We have nothing they want. They don't bother us " He straightened his outfit and stance before saying more. " Why must we engage? We live by peace and only attack if there is no other option. Many things need only to be respected"

Every word felt like a weight on her shoulder and she slumped down. While Elena had painted a lovely picture, Tobi only filled in the gaps. Could she handle all the pain for so long? She was right though, it sounded harsh to fight and maintain the pain of her new life. " Then we force her hand. The sooner my mother is sealed the better and I can...learn what it means to be a mother..."

They will come attack anytime. You might be the last ones but...ha would be sad. I see that dude still hasn’t given up. Can we start now”, he said then looked over to the woman, “she’s pregnant isn’t she”, he said pointing to a woman at the back, “one month. And the rowdy one has an infected wound. Nasr let’s go”, he said, “can we start now. My plans already began”

That’s if we can. Remember the goal is for you to be safe. We will freeze the kids if we have to. Don’t worry Elena can do that”, tobi said

The rowdy one crossed their arms and turned their back. " It's not that bad!" Their tail curled to hide the spot. The woman in the back perked her ears up and focused on him though. " How can you tell? I'm not showing yet"

" I would say you smell like it but my buddy's nose isn't that sharp!" Nasr chuckled. The scent lingered in the air all the same, stronger but familiar somehow. Suddenly he started coughing once he recognized it. " I noticed that scent on...it was weak but...oooohhh!" He turned and grabbed Shinigami by the shoulders. " You little devil! You got her real g-"

" Ahem!" The female Varvatra cleared her throat and stepped aside. Both her and the male stretched their hands out to two different gates. " Take your own paths or travel together but choose wisely. Each gate will start your training but one leads to dark illusions of your pains, fears, and more while the other will give you a paradise you may never seek to leave"

The male grabbed his mask and shifted it to reveal a single, bright purple eye. " Break each illusion and a fox will be waiting to give you a talisman and scroll with some of our knowledge. Get through them all and we'll give you the greatest secret we offer to outsiders"

" Right...if he finds out I shall never leave these walls" She chuckled and finished washing up. Once rinsed, she stepped out and grabbed a towel. " Does he care? I mean...I tried to tell him but...nevermind. I must stay safe and i have much to do to ensure that"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus