Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

He activated the circle as mana flowed everywhere showing the true form of things, “excalty”

Mana pulled up the meats and they were arranged in the icebox, “did you cut the fat off the big game”
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

Everything became as grey, swirling clouds. The girls, now as mist, danced around them and giggled before fading away. Sorrow filled Nasr's eyes as the meat drifted away but the memories returned. " That was a sweet dream..."

The third fox trotted from the clouds and approached Shinigami with its scroll. " Magic is good to counter many illusions, begginer and standard ones to be exact. Mind the stronger casters or the illusion will become your grave" The woman said.

" The large game is still hanging" She said as the icebox was closed. " It will be cut up tomorrow when the meat is tender. If it doesn't hang long enough, the meat will be tough and nasty"

She returned to the kitchen and grabbed the bags. There had to be a better place to work on her craft. A glance around revealed no upstairs but she was sure she had seen a spare room.

He took the scroll and sighed, “you guys really know your stuff. Even memories”, he said opening the scroll, “hey nasr open yours...wait aren’t you supposed to be naked”

Tobi followed behind her, “get all the fat out except some. He hates the fat. Really does he won’t stop complaining”

" No I am not supposed to be naked!" Nasr said while pointing at him with the scroll. His height grew until he towered over his friend as a wereraven though the scroll was tiny in his talons now. " Ha! Now it will not matter. My feathers clothe me"

A satisfied grin stretched from behind his beak as he looked at his own scroll. Just as his talons touched it, ready to open it, the clouds swirled and pulled apart to reveal another gate. " I will wait to open it when we are finished" He strode past to the gate, looking at it as if it held some hold over his mind.

" Yet...he enjoys lamb?" She paused and tipped her head, thinking of the contradiction that held. He didn't gripe before or maybe he was being polite? Perhaps Tobi was trying to trick her...then again, she wasn't Elena. After shaking her head, she continued into another room. " Very well. I shall leave some fat on a few pieces for my own enjoyment. It adds a delightful flavor"

A large desk was tucked it the far left corner of this spare room. Light filtered through the window to touch its glossy wood surface. The only thing on it were candles. She set the bags near it and began unpacking her alchemical and magical materials.

For whatever reason, the room was empty with a few bookshelves lining the walls and places to store scrolls. Ingredients, potions, and her notes soon filled the shelves with room to add more.

Wait. I meant her not you”, he said pointing at the fox, “hold on what’s in your scroll”

You don’t get it”, tobi said following , “large chunks that don’t melt in the fire”

He looked at the fox with a blank expression. It's fur covered every inch of it's hide. " You are crazy. That fox is as naked as an animal gets!" The beast laughed as it turned and ran off, vanishing into the clouds.

" Guess that means time to go" Nasr turned back around and looked at the gate again, holding his scroll tight. It towered over them in a menacing way yet seemed peaceful too. " I said I will open it when we are done"

" Oh, that's a given. How little you think of me..." Her voice was distant as she returned to the table and spread various notes across it. A pain built in her gut over the fact a mortal thought so little of her yet it didn't show as she continued to look over the notes. On the contrary, it was easy to skill since the spirit only cared about herself and the devil she wanted to create so badly.

Hey. Now”, he said looking at his

Tobi poked her, “seems like your temper is on par with his”

" What?" Nasr jided and glanced over his shoulder.

She glanced over at her for a moment. " Really? The children shall be terrifying to others I would think" A grin showed and she returned to her notes. Ages of dodging and fighting her sister and mother couldn't have been for nothing. Their fighting style, tricks, blood and more held a key they needed but what?

Let’s see what the scrolls have to offer”, he said opening his, “make things easier”

Tobi looked at the notes, “wrong. Solarium isn’t a fighter. She shouts around and all but even sonne caries a weapon. She doesn’t”

The scroll Shinigami got from the first trial was detailed info on rookie level illusions. While talismans weren't used, simple incense might be used to induce the illusion. Breaking these rookie illusions could be done in a myriad of ways. From simply not playing along to just having greater intelligence or will.

The one he obtained from the illusion they just broke, held some info about intermediate illusions. Incense and talismans could be used to craft a more believable illusion and might be scattered throughout. Death was a risk of challenging the caster but not a sure thing. One could no longer refuse to play along to break it, however. Despite all the info, there was nothing about the incorporation of the senses and erasing of memories nor how to counter the effect.

As he read, Nasr turned back to the gate and stepped through it, taking him to the next illusion. What he didn't expect was how well this one was thought out.

" Reading minds are we?" Her voice was a flat tone. " My mother does fight...when she wants to. Mortals aren't worth that kind of energy to her. Sonne holds a weapon not to fight with but to torture. Yes, she can fight with it if she desires but a weapon doesn't determine if one can fight or not"

A few notes were shifted and set aside, sorting useful from redundant and extra knowledge. From there, they were sorted by individual and style. " There are many ways to fight and most don't include the use of a weapon. Magic, strength, stealth, defense, trickery, and more. I for one never used a weapon until I learned the human shape"

Silence fell as she pondered over her own words. Magic was in her hands once more but her body was temporarily sealed in the human shape. Such close range abilities would guarantee Tobi dragging her away but she did have more to consider now. Suddenly, she whirled around and started grabbing things from the shelves. Among those items was a silver bowl and a handful of blood rubies. " I need Nasr for this"

He followed behind nasr, “you were right”

No. It does. It shows who fights and who doesn’t not who can and who doesn’t. Nasr and shinigami are training right now. Don’t bother you won’t find them unless they let you”, tobi ssid watching her and grew larger, “to beat you mom is to beat an army. Something you’re not ready to do”

" Right about what?" Nasr said as he turned around. The scroll was no longer in his hand and Inei stood behind him.

This illusion stripped all sense of reality away and filled in memories so everything made sense. Behind the two valra stretched a massive field fit for building a home, a village even. One could see Kuroi's castle in the sky, just above the distant mountains.

" I'll get there!" She snapped. " That's part of why I need Nasr. I can't change right now but he can..." The stuff was set on the table and organized now. Bowls and utensils in the middle, ingredients to the left, and gems and liquid mana to the right.

He looked around. This isn’t real. Because I never planned what to do after the war was over”, he said looking at the, “it never ended to me”

Tobi tapped her and changed her into her fox form, “you kids always try to do things yourself. I’m right here and you still don’t ask for my help”

" We are planning! Nothing is here" Nasr said as he looked over the field. " Why has it not ended for you? Well...sure Solarium is bound but we have time to relax"

" Give him some leeway, Nasr" Inei punched his shoulder then began walking to the castle. " He has a point. That devil is roaming free now at the price of the goddess' life. The war never did end for him..." She stopped and stared at the castle. It's empty halls held everything they needed yet it felt like it was destined to fade away.

" Right...none of us saw that coming..." He stood with his head down, in silence for a few minutes before looking at Shinigami. " Upside is you can chase girls without worry...right?"

The forced change tore every genetic and magical lock on her, staining her fur in blood as it grew. Her eyes grew wide in an instant and her body, deathly still for a few seconds before collapsing to the ground. Her nose and mouth had a steady trickle of blood which pooled.

" I...didn't ask...to change for...a reason..." Fear and concern showed in her eyes as she looked up at Tobi, vision blurred from the disruption of her genes. " I fear...they may be...dead now...Vaulkar...showed me in the Shapeshifter's...Book...we lose the...ability to change...w-when..." A long sigh and her head hit the ground hard. One might think she was dead with how still she was and perhaps she was close. Sleep alone couldn't hide the pain she was in.

He looked at them, “so she’s dead. Lies”, he said as surges of mana began to explode from him

You really think I would change you without thinking if that. What do ou think I am”, she said as a red magic circle appeared around her, “I’m on par with a god. A god changed you I can change you back. Now wake up”, tobi said as kuroi reverted back to her original form and was woken, “I agree with your brother I won’t bring back your whole power but you can access shape shifting. I bent the rules to help you here so I better get some thanks”

Both raised their arms as the mana hit them, shoving them a good distance away. The grass rippled like water under its force but the illusion wasn't disturbed.

" Must I show you?" Inei said as she broke the mana washing over her. Shadows swirled around her, devouring whatever remained. " Sonne sacrificed her while you fought Solarium! Pavol, the High Luminary, bled Sonne after until the gates opened"

It didn't take much to wake with the lingering pain. She sat up with care and rubbed her body until the pain faded. For her to be on par with a god though...that was impossible since creation was denied the ability to reach such skill and power. It made sense why her mother would destroy them if this was the case but to challenge Tobi was a fool's choice now. Still, this raised more questions.

She returned to her notes to look for something else; now that she could change form despite expecting yet some advantages could be found. " Thank you" She said without looking away from the notes.

A few pages were set aside. Each one contained what little info they had on Solarium's army. The impossible hybrids, the mechanical unread, and base followers. Something about the experiments bothered her so she focused on those.

The mana stopped and he fell down, “I didn’t think that far”, he said as the horns began to dissolve the illusion

Tobi poked her, “hey. I just did what would takes you ages to do and a simple thank you. You didn’t even look at me. Hey. I see you don’t want you full body back. Oh by the way your wound is:...let’s save that for later but seriously that’s all I get. Oh no save him from a whole army thank you tobi ha not. It’s all this and that but no thanks. Bring me a roast lamb”

The illusion healed itself as fast as he dissolved it and harmful mana danced around his horns like lightning. It reached into his mind, striking hard but was restrained to prevent his death. At worst he might pass out.

Clouds showed through the tiny holes which danced about. Something was glowing on the other side of one, fading in and out of view as the illusion was torn and healed. This caught Nasr's attention and he kneeled on the ground, waiting for it to show again.

" Or you buried the pain" Inei said as she approached Shinigami. " Sonne still lives, Pavol made sure of that. Take your anger out on her"

The glowing object appeared through a gap once more and Nasr reached in to snatch it up. He had barely registered what he was holding when a shock ran through his head and his nose started to bleed. The object was tossed to the ground when he recoiled. " Ow!"

It was a talisman, one of great power. While the illusion still healed, without that talisman in place it had a harder time healing in their immediate area.

" I see why he's so stubborn with you" Her gaze finally left her notes when Tobi poked her. " You demand to be worshiped when you decide to help" A note was scribbled on an empty piece of paper before she turned away with a chuckle. " I am grateful which is why I returned to my work and don't assume I don't want my body restored. Improve until you grant permission. There's no pleasing you is there?"

Still her mind wandered about her power and obsession with creating a devil as she opened a portal. She stepped inside for a few minutes before returning. " The lamb shall be ready soon"

After returning to her desk, she sighed and rubbed her temples. The wound was cast from her mind as she thought of how Tobi expected her to act. It felt like she had to before her for the kindness or she needed to be extremely emotional. Perhaps she was simply irritated that Tobi held a blatant disrespect for the rules woven into creation? Whatever it was, she cast it from her thoughts and looked at Tobi. " Yes, I have a better advantage so thank you"

A slash of mana broke through the talisman and he stood back up, “inei always tried to punch me in the face when she sees me. And when nasr said I should find other women she wouldn’t have looked away from that”, he said tapping the fake inei shoulder as a jolt of mana ran through her veins, “nice acting though. If you chose someone that chirpier than her it would have worked. Now where’s the source”

Tobi sighed, “it’s like I’m the enemy now. Your womb surroundings was injured because you believed I didn’t think before changing you. Don’t worry I fixed it. It’s back in place and the womb wasnt hurt. By the way did you know you had two”

She pulled away with a jerk and grabbed her arm when the mana ran through her. A harsh gaze was on her face now. " You're not bound to a dead woman" She hissed. "

" True but..." Nasr looked up at the two as he stood. " He has a point. Inei would have chewed me out for suggesting it" A grin showed as he looked to his friend. " I don't recall her attacking you every time showed up"

Her glare shifted between both of them now. " Now neither of you believe me!? And what is this source he's talking about?" She said pointing to Shinigami.

Nasr shrugged and shook his head. " Source of...a dream? An illusion? This is not reality"

" You two are a bunch of morons!" She roared.

Perhaps she was the enemy? Certainly not one like Solarium or Kuroi had simply become too suspicious with how many trusted ones had 'betrayed' them. Her thoughts didn't get far though as Tobi continued. She looked up, almost shocked but certainly blushed. " T-two!? Averin mentioned two souls...b-but I never..."

Her blush deepened as she looked down. Thoughts swirled about in a chaotic mess, unable to sort through it all yet focused on a single subject. The children. Too many thoughts there but one rang clear, how would he take to two?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus