Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

With the permission to use Fear, he jumped into the pit before the plan could be ruined by his grin. Nasr looked at his kin when he raised two fingers to the demon's skull. " You heard him....now fight" Green fire was drawn to his fingers as he pulled his away. Arm outstretched now, the fire split into will-o-wisps which found a home in the Valra corpses. The eye on the masks lit up which sent chills down Nasr's spine. They were his to control though and he bid them to rise once more.

The crowd murmured with concern. Some sent their young away while others left with them. A Venatiri slunk forward to get a better look. Behind him was a familiar phoenix, Borealis. " Here you are again with more trouble. Why do we need to fight?" She glared at Shinigami but the answer would not come from him.

Taking advantage of the rubble that he moved, a Valra beast rushed up and struck at her. She jumped back in time for a Valra griffin to leap from the pit. Fighting was not an option with the panic that ensued. Borealis and few others stood their ground while the rest scattered. " VALRA!!" More came from the pit to pursue.
To keep the act going, Kuroi clung to Shinigami as she hid behind him.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

OH don't act like a little scary car kuroi. I'd Nasr wanted to have more fun then why didn't he tell me@, he said to her through the link, "stop the dumb talk, can't you see the real valras trying to protect you from what your people created. Anyone who can fight listen, go for the head, find s priest or holy water. They are undead so fight them live me one", he said a dark sword appeared, "valras form a wall against them and the people"

The shambling corpses continued to crawl from the pit. The Valra were fast respond, taking griffin or wereraven form to create a wall of defense. The timing seemed fitting when Kuroi dropped her act, stepping away to watch the show. "I think the answer is in his bloody hands. How would you respond knowing he played puppet master with the first scare?"

Not everyone heard Shinigami's rally through the panic and retreated to their homes. Those who did hear stopped and turned to witness him create a sword. They found that the Valra were standing guard and fighting which left many questions. Still the threat was real.

A Drakar added to the wall by breathing fire along the ground. It's heat so great that it left a border of magma. Caprivik bolted to the side to flank the undead. In terms of priest, those of Yuuma's kin began praying. A few ran to the temple to fetch their sacred items. Others joined in to fight their own way.

Borealis growled as she turned to blast one with her pale fire, knocking it back into the pit. " You expect me to believe 'my people' did this!? No! What did you and that birdbrain do now?" In her fury, she neglected to watch her back. On of the Valra griffins reached down to crush the mask with his beak.

You rcan ally except Nasr to do this to his own people", he replied to her and walked to the pit, "prepare a berries", he said then jumped into the pit. Soon darkness began to rise from the pit and soon enough there was an explosion. Dark energy moved the rubbles out with the corpses into the surface. He came out flying covered in darkness, "kill any corpse that wants to fight", he said to the valras and looked to kuroi, "well he couldn't hide the flames on his hands an the flames in the corpses. Anywhere he added to my plan, that's what I like in a person", he said to her through the link.

It was a good thing Borealis wasn't a Cotrickal or he would have been killed by her glare. " I bet that prankster would-" gleaming talons danced along her neck. As before Nasr was leaning over shoulder. " Prankster but no traitor. Now shut up and fight" Fading into the shadows, he left small, non lethal cuts on her neck.

A Kerberol was more than happy to join the attack. When the corpses were brought up he sent out a few chains which impaled a few. Flames crawled along the chains to burn them.
Some Grigorvelik turned others to stone with their poisonous tails.
Yuuma's kin returned with their sacred items. Some placed slips with markings along a path to create a barrier. Others seemed to chant as they touched the undead with an ornate staff which caused them to turn into stardust.

Kuroi couldn't help but smile as she watched them slowly gather together. Nasr crushed another mask but she saw a dark fire burning in his eyes. "You two are a good team. I am eager to see how you two devious souls will face the High Luminary"

Well we will give you a good show. Now I need out main cast to make us look good", he said as dark chains moved out and attached the remaining valras and impaled the to the ground, "that's the last of them, I guess the people want answers, just know this, you are all fools to live in the same place as the enemy and not know it"

The statement made some chuckle and drew their attention to the Valra. " Then drive them out! They don't belong here" One civilian piped up.

The five Valra turned to face the residents. Each one was covered in wounds from holding the line yet still standing tall. Their talons and beaks were bloodied from the undead they had struck down. " No, you need to your eyes to what just occured" One said, motioning to the Valra Corpse that Nasr was holding. Between his fingers a white peacock feather could be seen. " The enemy is not us. It's those who are building this so called civilization" Nasr's voice was bitter yet full of pain.

True to what was predicted, one of the elites stepped forward. " Lies! We have brought you our children to spare us from your wrath! We have witnessed the remains you leave from your kills! You are murderers!" fist clenched, the woman got too close and stared Nasr down.

This was too much. He threw the body to the ground and took a deep breath. The lies and arrogance, he had seen this one before. When he no longer felt the need to strike her down, he retaliated. " Look at my kin...they defended you and this city. We have no desire to kill unless someone harms us first. The murders..." He looked for the slip that Glira had given him so long ago. Remembering that Shinigami took it, he half glared at him but more due to the elite. " The murders were demands of the Luminaries and the rest of you elites" The woman found herself face to face with a very angry Valra. " You are not so innocent yourself!" The crowd began to shift about and murmur to each other.

Nasr let me do this for you. It seems she's changing her story. The people believe the valras kidnap their children but she says they give the children to them", he said walking towards, "I can bring up the lost souls and ask them what they think of this. You claim that the valras bring wrait upon you without a sacrifice but you don't see them around much have you and don't say because the elites fight back. You know full well that valras have no Inuit human flesh, it makes them sick. So elite who ran away at the sight of danger, explain to te people why dead valras are attacking the city also why the remains of the children killed by them are kept in your tower. Check if I'm lying, it's true I went down there myself. Thee are bones there infant the explosion spread them all out. The luminaries were once respected as the peace makers but no longer, look at yourself fighting who saved you, I should dump you back on that hole with the children you forced them to kill" he said "kuroi, make a show. I want to finish this before morning", he said to her with the link

Surprised by the fact that her own words bit her this time, the elite looked between the two while stumbling over her words. After a few moments she stood straight and looked down at them. " They do steal our children that is why we started the bringing them to the Valra. With their blood lust satisfied we could live in peace"

A frustrated caw rose from Nasr's throat as he brought his hand up. Talons to head, he hid grin. "Oh nice cover but not enough for the crowd..." Anger, no rage was building like a volcano with the memories of every sacrifice. It was Kuroi's sudden whine that prevented him from claiming the elite's heart. " It was you elites who brought my brother to the Valra! Mother said it was because he was flawed! That isn't the same as safety..." She had managed to dredge up tears for her act. Hopefully this was a good show for Shinigami. Nasr was forced to grab his jaw to prevent himself from laughing. What made her put on that act?

Borealis, unfamiliar with what Kuroi was, ran over to grab the little girl. The phoenix's own upbringing showed as she held Kuroi's mouth shut. " We don't talk about such things." The pot was stirred though. The crowd had grown agitated and aggressive as they talked, even bickered among themselves. " We never needed to sacrifice our children?" An older Levias said.

" What are you talking about? Remember that Unilas soldier? Valra are cruel!"

A younger Unilas looked about and thought of the words spoken. " But what if he's right? What if the Luminaries are forcing us into their talons?"

Another elite, one of Drayce's sisters spoke with a disturbing pride. " The flawed must be culled! There is no room for imperfection and...ugliness. The Valra are perfect for the task"

This seemed to restore the confidence of the first elite. She looked down at Shinigami with an arrogant smile. " The dead Valra are irrelevant. Surely they were raised by some dark magic those wretched beasts hold. They do so love the dead" Looking over the living Valra, she sneered in disgust. " Cast me in the pit but you will be struck down by the others and betrayed by those you guard"

Ok", he said lifting her up the walked her over to the pit, "for one to be perfect one needs to have a flaw but since you do not have one then goodbye, also valras don't deal woth dark arts, they believe in burying the bodies like every other race", he said then threw her in and walked over to the crowed," hey Phoenix o know that you mean well but drop that girl before o cut you. Trying to silence her I see well you follow the people that call you imperfect and kill you. It won't be long for them to think you imperfect and dump you into the pit. Like come on the valras take your kids and they don't send a party to take them back and they even give your kids not theirs to the valras and build towers that have no benefit to you at all and you still follow them. Let's go Nasr, when they get attached again, the valras won't protect them and let the so called guardian elites do it themselves"

The fact that he did toss the elite into the pit left many confused and concerned. For a time, Borealis stared past him, towards the pit. Once his words finally registered, she looked up with fire in her eyes. " A threat after supposedly saving us? This girl will learn nothing but trouble from you two!"

Lifting his head, Nasr touched his neck to remind her of the cuts he gave her. " Trouble? You were always spoiled in the city, blinded by their light...blessed or cursed to be of the day element" He scoffed and turned to follow Shinigami. The evidence of their mark was seen in a few who were slinking closer to the Valra.

" NASR! Wait for me!!" A young voice cried out. He had barely turned before a young boy tackled him, making him stumble. The shock of a kid running up so fearlessly to a Valra stunned everyone including Borealis who loosened her hold on Kuroi. It was the same boy they had brought to the medics, still with a few bandages. Nasr roughed up his hair as the boy looked up, beaming with joy. He looked out to the crowd and lifted his head. " Take this as proof of my friend's words. I alone, a Valra, took care of this magicless boy while you and your prized elite let him starve on the streets!" Not wishing to leave the boy to the fate of the city, he picked him up.

The actions of one and words of another, a permanent scar was left on Nyctoria now. Drayce's sister refused to lose her power though. Shoving others aside, she opened her mouth to spew flames at them. The ground glowed, even melted from the heat. Risking much, Nasr turned his to back to protect the boy as he faded away.

Kuroi, we are leaving", he said to her as darkness erupted from under dryce sister. It raised he up into the sky and brought her down on her head, "trying to hurt your own people", he said then walked to kuroi and picked her up shoving away the protector, "abyway the child is with me, those who lost their kids should take and bury the remains. If you believe the valras hold your loved ones remains go ask for it and we return it. Valras might like bones but they're not savages", he said walking to the gate, "also kuroi, nice show. Good enough to make her lose her stand", he said through the link again

A path was cleared was for cleared for him out of both fear and respect. Elites and their followers glared or looked away as he walked past. Each one refusing to provoke his ire.
Those who knew of the Valra yet now saw them differently, either turned to return home to mourn or looked toward the mountain. Returning for the remains felt daunting with the haunted forest.
The true unrest was seen in those who had believed Valra were just myth and fairy tales. Most were fidgety with their beliefs shattered and some even ran back to their homes.

Kuroi looked towards the mountain before smiling. "I'm glad that it worked. We may not have been able to save every Valra but what you have done here shall reshape the world. You and Nasr will usher in the next era."

New world well someonenhas to make it", he said walking out the gate, "oh yeah if someone tells you something next rime go find out about it and don't just lock yourself out and listen", he said "kuroi, you mind?"

She smiled and looked towards the forest. " I simply played my role as the helpless child" It felt strange to her how short she was as she looked down. " But I will look into more. Now you and Nasr should rest"

Not yet we need to relocate the valras, how's the city?"he asked putting her on his shoulders

" The city is fine...despite the start of a civil war" She said looking back towards city. She could hear quarrels breaking out throughout the place. Looking back ahead, she searched for the path hidden by the fog. " The Valra must be back at their mansion"

A shadow in the fog moved through the trees ahead before vanishing. " You forgot where I live already? I'm heart broken"

I should say I'm sorry but I feel like I didn't forget", he replied, "kuroi the city that fell around your tower, let the valras get ib it please, I will repay you later"

Nasr chuckled as he stepped from the fog. " You do realize I am razzing you, right?" Stopping on the path, he looked towards them. Taking the Valras to the wind city? " What are you planning now?"

Kuroi nodded in response to Shinigami. " Alright. Let's get to them first"

Well I'm planing a safe haven for those to run to. The elite lost their power so they will try to put down the Rebels and when that happens the people will see the truth and come to the valras", he said to them, "it the luminaries will try to attack the valras them the city so we might as well move fast. Kuroi, we need a portal, Nasr, I need your leadership skill,, we leave after setting w trap to slow down some luminaries", he said with a big grin

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus