Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" Controlling fate...is not wise" She looked upwards to a small hole in the ceiling. It was barely large enough for a mouse. "on the other hand controlling the soul is very possible. The game is proof enough for that"

Scrolls floated through the doorway then hovered in place. " Kuroi, why have you severed your worldly ties this time?"

" No need to worry. We are solving a problem. Do give Shinigami what you have gathered" She said dragging the pendant through her own blood. "I could give him immortality...like I did that one boy so long ago. I doubt this is how he wants to obtain it"

Averin layed the scrolls before Shinigami. " I believe the only one with more knowledge on their magic is the High Luminary himself"

Only a single scroll held info on the silver since the boy's knowledge was limited. Besides the locations that it was mined at; it was revealed that it was called Vaikheo. The boy was only aware that not only did it drain magic, but its own magical properties made it highly prized. Known experiments were replacing blood with it and feeding it to grow. Disturbing still was he knew Vaikheo was used for more but his parents always denied him those answers.

A crimson light filled the room for a brief moment. When it faded, Kuroi's body was standing once more. It seemed to absorb the blood that surrounded her. " Give me...A few moments...and I will grab my book on controlling...ones soul"
Shinigami (played by Great7)

Rest up f you want", he said going through the scrolls when an idea piped into his head, "now that's just genius but worth nothing", he sad then began to study their and practiced it, "all normal spells here you were right they have no common spell. His spells seems to be self taught. So meaning the one who made this game most likely wasn't luminary. To come up with this takes someone with high knowledge and a lot of time. Kuroi. But she doesn't play, who else is like kuroi.", he said drawing the last of the circles to form s circle around him, "well let's see this first the spell that tells the soul what to do, then the spell that brings souls put of the body, then the spell that returns a soul back and a it's wrong. They aren't right"

The idea of one other than a Luminary piqued Kuroi's interest. She opened a single eye to observe what was going on. " I would believe another god but I am aware of no siblings" When all the blood had returned, she stretched.

Averin looked over the circle that Shinigami had drawn. His knowledge of such magic left its meaning blurred. " You are the first I have seen who can grasp Kuroi's magic so quickly. Not even the boy who claimed a rare treasure from her could master it"

" Averin..." Walking closer, she pointed to the tiny hole in the ceiling.
" Of course, my lady" The ghost vanished through it.

Kuroi sat down near the circle and rested her head in her hand. " Anyway, what's wrong? The book I am sure will have answers" The sound of pages could be heard overhead. Not looking away from the circle, she raised her hand and caught the book. On its cover was a metal raven sitting on a skull.

It contained magic passed on to the Valra from Lumerin. Most was magic that Nasr never showed to know. Two types of spirit control existed in its pages. Runic magic and music. Should he choose to dig, Shinigami may find that flute gave Nasr more power than expected.

He took the book any began to read, "no not misic but runic let's see what this bad boy has in stored", he said as chaos cleared the circles, " soul barrier magic to detect souls. He said as rage came out and began to draw. Soul outtery magic to like the games to the soul. This two spells combined should be enough to make the game but something feels missing. Magic combination normally takes five spells to make a spell that strong. Wait you had a son"

She sat upright, eyes wide for a moment before resting back on her hand. Her expression fell blank with the exception of an annoyed grin. " Where did you get that idea? No, I don't have a son or any children. The gift Averin is talking about is something else"

" Immortality is what she gifted him. He earned it by-"

A blizzard returned to her gaze when she looked up at Averin. " Irrelevant! I will not hear another word! That was ages ago. Anyway..." Sighing she ran her fingers through her hair, pulling at it some, then sat up. The stoic pride returned once more as she looked over everything. " Something is missing you say? If it's power you need, my castle is a conduit itself. Running magic through it will enhance it's power greatly"

No a platform", he said drawing a thitd magic circle and activated them, "they will need something to stabilize the spell and the, soul control. Five spells, one spell. Can you get me a small animal", he asked as he was too busy hearing about the immortality talk, "also, we do need that power source"

Flipping her hand over, she knocked on the floor before standing. " Would you prefer a small bird or beast?" The markings in the floor lit with magic and were brighter beneath her.

Objects moved about as Averin floated around the room, looking for materials. " The crumbling sections of the castle have stone slabs that would serve as platforms. My lady has many crystals growing that could stabilize the spells. If these sound good then I shall get them for you"

" I suppose I may have a potion or two for that too" A faint yell made her look over her shoulder.

I will take them all", he said floating above the spells checking for mistakes, "no the balancer need to be a spell", he said as darkness formed with pens and began to draw another circle, "one last spell", he said going into stage four, "a combination platform maybe"

"All?" She thought dissapearing into darkness. "My castle may be large but I doubt every creature will fit"

The complexity of the spell left the ghost bewildered and in awe. " The size of this...surely this must be par of why you wanted the others to leave" Castle details pulled and waved to reveal where Averin wandered.

A few minutes would pass before a portal blocked the doorway. Kuroi stepped forth as a kitsune. In her jaws was a rather cute creature, still alive. It resembled a fennec fox with a rather long tail, beautiful fins on its head and back, and a set of horns. It vibrant colors added to its wonder.

It's too beautiful to kill", he said flying over to it and too it from her, "good thing it's not dying", he said putting it in the middle, "let's see what spell they used as the final touch", he said and activated the spell. The ducked began to spin and move in a circle around the creature. As the spells did their work he took his notebook and began to take notes, "the chess board, that's what's missing"

The little creature backed up in a circle, watching the magic, before curling up. The fins and ears were pinned were pinned against its trembling body.

" Having brought the Valra here, you're in luck." Kuroi sat down and watched the distortions. " Averin, see if they will let us use one"

"Of course" He vanished out the door like a gust of wind.

While they waited, Kuroi looked over every detail of the circles. "I see...extra is needed is because he is neither dragon or god...he has the power to be one...then why..." The silver moon gleamed as it turned about in Kuroi's fingers. Time was lost to her thoughts.

Nasr appeared in the appeared in the doorway, his board in hand. " Dang that's a mess...a cool mess but..." Cautiously stepping in, He raised the board. " I hear you need this? Take the blasted thing"

You k thank you, but try watching your language when I'm working", he said appearing before him then took the board then vanished back to the circle, "ok last circle then sourcery." He said as the board began to flow and a he tore a page out his notebook, "looking at this I can make a circle to Connect the whole spell", he said drawing, "kuroi will do the final test", he said finishing the places the paper on the board. Light began to glow from it and the board was surrounded by a circle, "ok, start powering it and if you're weak to light move away now. I'm not giving you time to do it so leave before I finish talking", he said then clapped his hand together, "mix", he said as the spells formed a five sided star around the creature, "and since here luminaries, light please", he said

"Short tempered?" Kuroi thought glancing towards Nasr. He grinned at how the board was taken. " You are teleporting now? I see you have plans to leave us in the dust" Curiosity kept him glued to the spot, taking in the wonder of arcane complexity.

Silver crescent turned crimson once it pierced her thumb. " Then why do you bind your power? Grow as he has but now...move"

Shadows tailed him as he tailed it out, tucking himself just behind the wall. Magic like liquid stars flowed under his feet into the room. Time and death stripped from flesh, a peace and euphoria filled his very being. The sound of a heartbeat stripped it away instantly. Looking at his hands revealed Fear's energy was being drained to somewhere in the castle. " W-what..is?" Another heartbeat and his vision swam, forcing him to stagger. The image of the emerald dragon shrine flashed in his mind. " What are...what were..." Fear's shriek echoed through his head while everything grew dark.

Within the room, Kuroi caught Rage's energy being pulled from Shinigami. "No! Not here, not now! They can't know..." 3 chains moved as lightning from her hand to bind the energy. A burning chain to Shinigami, one of bone to Nasr, and the gold one to someone unseen. The chains severed in the blink of an eye with the pendant's glow masking the event.

"I should have known better with two demons so close to the shrines" To her, nothing happened. The magic of the castle was directed into the spell without any problem. The containment of the demon's energy would prevent any further problems.

Should have known. He fates disturb when I work. I'm kicking his ass when I'm done. Also I used a teleportation spell", he said as a chess piece appeared on the board, " well, we have our game", he said flying down putting the board in front of kuroi, "you can only control it in the barrier and when it goes out so does its piece but when it goes back in the barrier we get another piece even if the last one was destroyed. Plan d, the upgrade to the game can draw then to us", test the game if it world the same then I can make a counter"

" I see, the creature is your testing pawn" She said reaching over the piece. Pausing, she looked over her shoulder towards the doorway. Nasr should have come back in. "I must wake him before..." Her gaze returned to the board and she moved the piece.

At first the creature remained a trembling ball. It wasn't long before it's ears perked up and it's head followed. Curiosity filled the little beast as it sniffed around then stood; wandering towards the right.

With only a single piece, directing the creature would be tricky. She judged how far it moved, looked at their locations, and counted squares. "Perfect." The piece was moved closer to her and set near the edge of the board. The creature eagerly jumped down and ran towards the doorway. As he had said, the piece vanished when it left the barrier. " Let's see if every aspect works then, shall we?"

Last thing Nasr expected to find was a fuzzy critter sniffing his face and nibbling his talons. " Where did you come from?" He glanced up to see the doorway. " Right...from there.." The creature was lifted as he got up and wandered into the room. Unknown to him, the mark that sealed Fear was now giving off energy and even bleeding.

Base you're bleeding In my workroom", he said pointing at the seal, "come on you've been playing with it haven't you", he said appearing in front of Nasr, "Terri please put the furry creature back in the circle also leave while you're there cause your a spirit so you till count. Now Nasr lift off you shirt, let me check on that seal which seems, oh I'm going to beat him up when I'm done here"

" Oh right, sorry to mess up...wait bleeding?" A burning pain was felt when he set the creature down. He looked at the mark as he stood back up. " I was not playing with it...I know you felt the magic..." His voice trailed to a mumble as he wiped some blood off.

The creature was nabbed and placed back where it belong with the piece being restored. Kuroi placed a finger at it's top and wobbled it back and forth. " Did you get to close to the light?"

He hooked the bottom of his shirt with his talons before looking at her. " Let me ask the question this time. What, no who are you?" Mind lost in the cryptic images he saw, he shifted his shirt away from the mark without thought that they were before a girl. " I hope the seal is not weakened" He said returning his attention to the problem.

" A strange question and irrelevant with what we are working on." Her focus remained on the board. " He has grown more powerful in this trial. Your trial is yet to come and I expect to see the same level of growth" Picking up the piece once more, she ran various moves through her mind. The look in her eyes was fierce as though she had done this before. " Shinigami, what is the outcome you seek in this game? The fate you desire for you, your friends, even the one Luminary you are protecting?"

He strengthened the seal and sent some mana attack fear, ,"done", he said the vanished to the board then took it from kuroi the vanished with it to the creature and threw it to Nasr, "I see, he says looking at the board then vanished outside the circle, " ok, everyone else leave now, time for round too. Kuroi of course will stay"

He caught the board and turned to leave, shifting the shirt back in place. Once outside again, he lifted the board and looked at it. What would the price be for modifying one?

"No answers...interesting" She thought as she looked up at Shinigami. " No board? What will you do this time?"

Making a spell break", he said as he looked up to the ceiling, "wall", he said as a wall came from the ground in front of him

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus