Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Secret Valentine (Raffle)

DorianM Topic Starter

Woo! <3 More entrants:

9. Bellerose (played by Winters_Fury)
10. Rivka (played by Juls)
11. Crowley (played by TardisCatTwo)
12. River (played by River_Cipher)
13. Heather Greene (played by Deumeawyn)
14. James Alexander Farrell (played by Abigail_Austin)

Also, Prize Twist! :D

Two additional special prizes, rainbow roses, are added!
Freshly gathered today, folks! :D
DorianM Topic Starter

Rivka wrote:
A book? Why would someone send a goblin a book? Rivka couldn’t read at all, though she still flipped it open, hoping to find pictures inside. She enjoyed those kind. So often the pictures were of rabbits or puppies or small human children. All very delicious things!

Instead, there were various hand drawn hearts, a red rose, plus a note. The skinny shaman’s ears drooped in some dismay as she stared rather helplessly at the indecipherable note.

“Spirits! Protect Rivka!” she whispered nervously. Was it a threat? Had someone just cast some kind of hex on her!? A thorny flower (not even good for eating!) and drawings of internal organs surely could not be meant as a good thing!

Finally, because she's simply adorably hilarious, Rivka gets a special prize! A collectible black rose! Still not good to eat! :D
((
DorianM wrote:
Rivka wrote:
A book? Why would someone send a goblin a book? Rivka couldn’t read at all, though she still flipped it open, hoping to find pictures inside. She enjoyed those kind. So often the pictures were of rabbits or puppies or small human children. All very delicious things!

Instead, there were various hand drawn hearts, a red rose, plus a note. The skinny shaman’s ears drooped in some dismay as she stared rather helplessly at the indecipherable note.

“Spirits! Protect Rivka!” she whispered nervously. Was it a threat? Had someone just cast some kind of hex on her!? A thorny flower (not even good for eating!) and drawings of internal organs surely could not be meant as a good thing!

Finally, because she's simply adorably hilarious, Rivka gets a special prize! A collectible black rose! Still not good to eat! :D

<3 - and yay for more prizes!))
Rivka (played by Juls)

Rivka’s eyes widened at the unexpectedly friendly gesture. "A gift? For Rivka?" The goblin asked, looking like she might tear up any second, taking the offered black rose in her clawed hands as if she might break it if it were handled roughly. Then held it awkwardly, uncertain what to do with it, since it was, indeed, not good for eating. "Rivka keep it ... forever..." she promised.
Evil lord knight Pentre, commonly called Tron the Terrible for his many notorious atrocities and cruel deeds, void of any mercy or humanity of any kind, was known to cause quite a reaction among common folk and nobility, spreading terror and unease among friends and foes alike. From hatred to fear, anyone who crossed his path took quite an impression of the ruthless knight, who was only so by title, nothing more.

Upon arriving to his chamber from the latest torturous execution, Tron Pentre found a discarded bound book, left at the foot of his bed. He picked it up and eyed it suspiciously.

He flipped through the pages quickly, expecting to find a name or other written within, along with a concealed bribery of sorts. Instead a red flower spilled to the ground.

Startled at the discovery, Pentre handed the book to his newly recruited servant, lately having grown a habit of disposing of them rather quickly at the least displeasure

"What is the meaning of this!" demanded the man narrow eyed

Nervous, old, callous, trembling hands took the book and examined it carefully, taking the flower and giving it a thorough look over too.

"My lord, this is a book of romantic poetry, a gift from an unknown benefactor, and this is a red rose, sweetly scented and quite fresh at that. It seems that you have acquired a secret admirer, a mysterious lover of sorts..." noted the butler anxious

Sir Pentre immediately turned around, infuriated at such words, storming over to the man, snatching the rose and tossing it to the ground, stomping on it with his black leather boot to trample the fragranced beauty

original.gif

"A lover?!" Exclaimed Pentre in a ghastly gasp, clearly displeased to hear that "This is preposterous!" scoffed Tron the Terrible disgusted

"What am I to say to this amorous benefactor, should they come forward?" Quizzed the old frail voice that quivered in fear

Pentre leaned low to pick up the squashed flower

"Give it back and tell them... you don't fall for the bad guy, it never ends well. Trying to seduce the devil is a dangerous thing to do, after all, playing with fire gets you burnt" concluded Pentre chucking the poetry book into the fire place, scowling at it in contempt as if the book had wounded the evil lord knight's pride
Lenore (played anonymously)

((Thank you, Dorian!))

Tick, tick, tick, tick.

Lenore would’ve been annoyed by the incessant noise of her inner workings if she wasn’t furiously scribbling her thoughts onto parchment paper that might rip if she wrote any harder.

“It is with this that I argue that life does not need to mean breathing lungs and beating hearts; it does mean the ability to form coherent thoughts or to speak coherent sentences. If that was the case, so many of you must consider your brothers to be equal to rocks. To quote the philosopher Amniphilius:—“

A hard knock came down of the door to Lenore’s room, causing her to leap up, the pen crying out an ugly line down the paper, and her hand instinctively reached for the knife by her pillow. “Who is it?” She called out sweetly, though her muscles were still tensed. If she had a pulse, she was sure it would racing right now.

“Only Madame Combe, dear. There’s a parcel that’s just arrived for you,” the voice outside the door replied. Lenore exhaled and walked towards the door, her normally heavy footfalls muffled by the carpet that was strung out across the hardwood floor. When she opened the door, the innkeeper was gone, and a simple brown-paper package lay at her feet. Taking it back to her desk and unwrapping it with childish excitement, Lenore found an old, weathered book, a pressed rose between its yellowed pages, and a little typed note along with it.

r3mtDwo.png

Hm. Lenore folded the note and discarded it atop a pile of other assorted papers, deciding it was too risky, even if it was truly meant with good intentions. Yet, as she recharged herself that night, she couldn’t quite get that letter out of her thoughts.
Domitus (played by Marie)

Domitus barely knew which way was up or down right now, foggy from a night of partying and a little out of sorts from just waking up. Was it past noon? Probably, but if he didn't look at the clock then he couldn't feel guilty. He stepped towards the door in pajama bottoms, hair an absolute mess that said he shouldn't be seen in public just yet but when had he ever thought he shouldn't do something and then not immediately done that exact thing? Except he didn't step- he tripped, because someone had left a book in front of the door. It went sprawling, flipping open to the page where the rose was pressed.

For a long moment he stared, eyes focusing and unfocusing with the fog of sleep and total confusion. "Well someone had the wrong door," he mused, picking up the book and letting the rose fall to the floor. Except no- right there, inscribed with his name, was a little note. Now, Domitus was a lot of things. Some were better hidden than others. To say he was a hopeless romantic who lost his cool attitude whenever someone did something cheesy was entirely correct, even if he'd never, ever admit that openly. The way his grin curled at the corners of his mouth said it all though. "Someone hit their head," he muttered, and yet he stooped down to pick up the rose and give it a little sniff. Mmm. Well, there was no harm here- no one had seen him get all sappy, which meant he was safe. With a quick glance around, he tucked the rose back into the book, fingers delicate in a way they usually weren't. Back into the apartment he went, closing the door and leaning back against it momentarily to wonder. Who was stupid enough to admire him? Clearly they weren't relationship material if they were making choices like that, but the thought was sweet anyway. Domi'd place the book gently into his dresser- no one could see it and know he kept it, are you crazy?- and go about his day, his mind tugging him back there every so often to remind himself that somewhere out there in the city... There was someone who needed to rethink their life choices, but he appreciated them anyway.
Cassandra (played by Jena)

After having come back from an interesting night, and a successful mission, Cassandra was ready to pass out in her nice, comfy bed.

She was half-way down the hall to her apartment when she noticed something sitting right outside her door. Quirking an eyebrow, the woman closed the distance between herself and her door to find a book half-stuffed underneath her door. Whoever had put it there had obvious (unsucessfully) tried very hard to shove it into the small crack between the door and the floor.

After wrestling with the book, which was wedged tightly into the small gap, she managed to pull it free. The book didn't appear to have a title or author listed on it, clearly a book used for journaling or something of the sort. Flipping it open, she landed on a page containing a single sentence and a rose nestled between the pages.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

The woman held back a laugh, but a snort managed to escape her nose despite her efforts. "How corny." She thought to herself, then flipped through the rest of the pages to see if her secret admirer had left their name anywhere. They didn't. Because of course they wouldn't. She had a feeling she knew who it was from, though.

Sighing, she brought a hand to her forehead to rub at her temples, "Give it up, man." She said under her breath, then pulled a key out of her pocket to unlock her apartment door. She was tired, and just wanted to sleep. The book and rose would likely be forgotten about by the morning.
DorianM Topic Starter

I looooove these Raffle posts! <3

and more entrants:

15. PENTRE lord knight vamp (played by Tusitala2017)
16. Lenore (played by tisonlychaos)
17. Domitus (played by pockets)
18. Gorgona (played by Jena)
Sali Haiano (played by Yori)

Sali looked down at the book that she had found laying on her doorstep, a small snort of laughter emitting from her lips. Oh boy, I wonder what this is. I bet it’s just another prank from the village boys. She picked up the leather bound book, looking down at the inscription of a heart on the cover, now doubting that this was a prank. Who would send me this? Is it a gift from that merchant that I helped the other day? Sali frowned, despite her excitement at a new gift for her. She brought the book inside, setting it down on her wooden table as she shut the door behind her gently. She opened the book, watching as a rose slid out from the pages. A rose? Oh how lovely! She blushed a faint red and smiled, rolling her eyes at the corniness of the moment.

She picked up the rose, careful not to prick her finger on the thorns adorning it. Sniffing it, she inhaled the sweet, earthy scent of the petals, exhaling slowly. She then placed the rose aside, turning to look at the book. Written in the book were a few poems on the first few pages, but after a couple pages, the poems turned into sheet music, notes written neatly on the blank paper. These are for a song. I can play this on a piano! If only I had one...She sighed, placing the rose back in the book, shutting it closed gently, as to not crush the rose. She then walked into her bedroom, placing both the book and the rose on her bedside table, so she could read the sheet music and poems every day when she woke up.
4-8-2 (played by nightmqre)

The girl didn't know much of romance. She had never had much time to learn, to develop those fluttery feelings which most girls her age could get every few weeks. She had been sat on her dirty mat for over an hour, stating at her scarred hands so intensely that she hasn't noticed the book with her numbers engraved into the front.

The numbers were sloppy, as if carved by a wooden knife; not the smartest object to use on leather.

She glared at the book suspiciously, gently picking it up. she examined every inch of the cover being slipping it open, making the rose fall fro! It's torn pages. The object made her jump back. She glared at such a pretty thing on the ground but dared not to pick it up. She cleared her throat before slamming the book shut and looking around the group at all the sleeping children.

Without a second thought, she slammed the book against the wall as hard as she possibly could, making a few of the kids jump.

"Tell me which one of you little shits thought this was funny before I pummel all of you three feet under."
Alistaire (played by Lucretire)

The stoic secretary had just returned to the familiarity of his apartment, only to be greeted with a small, old-fashioned looking parcel in front of his door. Wrapped in heavy parchment and bound with twine, it had a single red rose tied against the paper. The only indication that it was for Alistaire was the gently sloping handwriting on one part of the paper bearing his name. ...No return address, huh?

A careful hand reached for the package, while the free one fished for his keys. Taking his time, he entered his home and settled into his usual spot on his sofa. Turning it around in his hands, the half-demon reminisced on the times when packages similar to this were more common in the mail, instead of the reinforced cardboard boxes that took over the modern day's postal services. A wistful smile creased his lips as he pulled at the packing twine, unwrapping the paper to reveal... A book. A rare one, at that. In fact, Alistaire had his eye on this book, but never had the time or the funds to buy it for himself.

Now who of all people would send me something like this...? The demon mused as he opened the book to explore its contents. A small note slipped from its pages, landing on his lap. "Hm?" Picking it up, he decided to give it a quick read:

"For the most beautiful of men, a gift of my affections.

Sincerely, an admirer."

"An admirer? ...Huh." It was a lovely gift, but something inside him was also worried. They had to have known the secretary well enough to provide such a thing, and in such old-timey packaging too. It was either one of the very few friends he had... Or it was a stalker, and he was hoping it wasn't the latter. After all, if they knew about his desires in books and aesthetics, what else did they know?

Though... Alistaire turned over the book once more to examine it further. If that's the case... Then I guess that's not too bad. ...I suppose, anyway. If it was a stalker, then they had good taste. As long as they didn't delve too deep into his past, Alistaire didn't mind the occasional gift. Besides...

He smiled to himself before he began to read his new acquisition. "...I've never had an admirer before."
DorianM Topic Starter

The final entrants are:

19. Sali Haiano played by Yori
20. 4-8-2 played by staticnightmares
21. Alistaire played by Lucretire

Now, for the prizes, we’ll start with the book.

Because there are 21 entrants, this is going to be fun! I will use 1d20 with a modifier of +1.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18. After the modifier of +1, got 19
DorianM Topic Starter

The book goes to 19. Sali Haiano played by Yori!

Removing Yori from the list, and renumbering the last 2 entrants:

19. 4-8-2 played by staticnightmares
20. Alistaire played by Lucretire

Now I can run 2 dice rolls for the multicolored roses and 3 dice rolls for the red roses at the same time. If the same person wins twice, they get only one rose, and we re-roll.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 5.

Note: Multicolored rose

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7.

Note: Multicolored rose

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 10.

Note: Red rose

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.

DorianM Topic Starter

Woo! Roses go to:

5 and 7 - multicolored rose

5. David Smith (played by MestStrauss)
7. Kaido Richards (played by ELS1526)

3, 10 and 15 - red rose

3. Zamma (played by Dib2435)
10. Rivka (played by Juls)
15. PENTRE lord knight vamp (played by Tusitala2017)

Thank you so much to all who took part! <3
Whooo! <3

Thank you for the fun raffle, Dorian! :)
Thank you Dorian! I am sure this lord knight is well flattered :D
Sali Haiano (played by Yori)

Ahh thanks Dorian! Sali will use the pages well!! ^^
Thanks for making the raffle! I had tons of fun ^^ As well as that, I loved seeing the variety of writings from the others who took part. Amazing skills!
David Smith (played by MestStrauss)

Thanks for making this Dorian. It was fun to read all the stories.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Secret Valentine (Raffle)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus