Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Character Race Game (Dice & Raffle)

Hello everyone!

Time for a new game (and more experimenting on my side) :D!

This is open only to characters, linked to their writer profile. I may also post with my characters, but it's purely to animate the game. Their entries would not be taken into account for the prizes!

Game Rules:

1. Post in this thread with a character linked to your writer profile.
2. Roll a 1d12, and this will take you places on the map below.
3. Depending on where your character is now on the map, you have to write a paragraph about how your character will deal with it, in order to be able to roll again a 1d12.
4. If your character reaches the treasure chest, you've won a blue cloak!
5. You can only win once.
6. There are 5 blue cloaks in total and the game ends when all the prizes are gone.

Raffle Rules:

Every writer who participated in the game (except me!) is automatically entered into a Raffle for a Dragon Tooth!
The Raffle will be held either the same day or the day after all the blue cloaks have been won, with no more entrants being allowed after the last winner.

Map:

Pfp8P2a.png

(It's Riddikulus, I knoooow! :D I made this myself out of free to use / noncommercial use images but if you recognize something that should not be free let me know!)

11:15pm EST update: all cloaks are gone, and 12 players have entered the Raffle, which is now closed

1. turntechGodhead
2. Tusitala2017
3. Juls
4. Voldarian_Empire
5. Shadow-Ranger
6. Churchtuary
7. Dndmama
8. Crystaldragon126
9. Winters_Fury
10. Cactus_Jones
11. Jzork
12. JoJoApples
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 7.

Note: Let the Game begin!

Cronus looked forward spotting what seemed to be something in the sand? They go over and looked down and decided to pick the item up which seemed to be an ancient book of some sort, after all it looked to be very old. They of course picked the old book and dusted the sand off of it and decided to might as well open it. The book from a glance on the inside had torn pages and some of the pages were still left with dust. They looked at the pages again to see what it would it lead them to as they glanced over every page hoping for something. Maybe this had to do with something up ahead or maybe since this was an old book It was left by some person who have had happened to write in it and left it on accident but whatever the reason the book was left there was still left clueless to them.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 3.
(( :) Oh gosh yet another genius idea ))

Let's see...
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 2.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn's Quest for the Magical Cloak
Chapter 1 - The Ancient Tome

The wizard had acquired the large book several years ago, where it had been added to his collection and there it sat, collecting dust ever since, nearly forgotten. But tonight, he'd finally pulled it down off the shelf, and settled himself into the oversized comfy chair that he quite liked, along with a cup of hot tea and his slippers... nice things to indulge in after a hard day of learning to control a fire demon.

He flipped through the pages leisurely at first, until he came upon a story of a magical cloak. Along with what seemed to be detailed directions about where to find such a cloak.

"Urir!" he called to his faithful companion. "We have a quest before us! Prepare at once!"

Urir was a short man-ish creature of few words, an overly large hat, and a constantly sour expression. He grumbled something unintelligible in reply. He very much disliked quests. He'd much rather stay in their nice, cozy tower. Plus... Dulirn often made him carry everything.

gl-118629-1567522243.png
((Looks incredibly fun...question though, is there a limit you have to wait after rolling the first d12 and writing the paragraph? Or can you roll again and immediately proceed to write another paragraph?))

Siira snuck quickly into the shuttle with a final glance over her shoulder. Without wasting any time she closed the rear hatch and proceeded to the front of the ship...the cockpit for the small craft. It wasn't hers, and she knew it...but she had to get off this planet and continue searching, not to mention leaving before the locals discovered who she was. Without so much as a glance she plopped behind the controls of the small craft and looked down to engage her takeoff...but to her surprise, the controls were covered by some foreign object.

Books were never something her race had made, but she was familiar with the concept. Regardless in this society it was a shock to see one anywhere but an antiquity shop, even less likely was one to be found sitting on the controls of the shuttle they were about to steal. Still...there was something about it that was curious, and rather than casting it off to the side, Siira slowly opened the book to discover it's contents.

A bookmark was left within, and she turned directly to the page it marked to and discovered something shocking.....it was his writing. As she realized it a look of longing shock took her face, and noticed that there were coordinates left within the book, written in her lost mate's handwriting, and even his native language. Lifting the book quickly yet carefully, she referenced it with a tear forming in her only good eye as she quickly punched in the coordinates to the nav com. This would be an incredibly good time for her escape plan to work, because in her believe, she presumed she now knew where her mate was, or even their daughter....perhaps both of them were waiting for her at these coordinates. The book was something she would be keeping regardless.
DorianM Topic Starter

Siira Feir-Sil wrote:
((Looks incredibly fun...question though, is there a limit you have to wait after rolling the first d12 and writing the paragraph? Or can you roll again and immediately proceed to write another paragraph?))

No waiting, just writing! :D
Yellowbeard (played anonymously)

"Arrr.... I hear rumour there be rum and there be treasure ye say! Gimmee them dice..."

#7 - Royalty: Yellowbeard did not like to deal with royalty. Usually it's because the kings and queens be wantin' to throw him in prison for pirating their ships. But... after a brief sword battle with a couple daft guards, he sent them to meet their maker before he staggered in through a door to where he shouldn't. He ran face to face with a princess...

"Aye, who be you!
"I am Princess Allison, heir to the throne of Spaitugal. The question is who are you and why are you in my room!"

Yellowbeard could hear more guards coming up the stairs, so he shut and bolted the door and scooped up the princess over his shoulder. He was going out the window when he saw a box of jewelry. He paused and grabbed it before climbing out the window.

It was a precarious trek to get down especially with a struggling privileged tart over ye shoulder, but Yellobeard made it to the dock and was away with his prizes.

Note: Stagger stagger roll crawl crawl crawl...

(( Right on, let's do this! ))
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 6.
(Rolled 11; Didn't know what to write but here it is I guess)

After the encounter with the book , they decided to continue on their adventure as they went forward until they spotted something in the distance, Could that be pirate ship? If it was , It seemed to be filled with the brim with pirates and with one standing out in particular , was that the captain of the ship? I mean it must be since they stood out the most of the pirate like group. Without hesitation , Cronus took several steps forward towards the ship and debated further more if they should really do this. But maybe they could help them? So they of course when they were inches away from the ship , they looked up to see they have already been spotted by both the crew and captain themselves. Cronus , not knowing what to do spoke confusingly, "Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with something? I just seemed to be lost or something."

'Yeah , that could do it!' Cronus thought to themselves hoping either the captain of the ship would help them or maybe they shouldn't of done this at all and should of stayed far away from the ship , but it was already too late to go back.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 11.
Rolled 2: got lost

The morning arose like any other aboard the Neptune vessel. Edward Teach, the infamous and deadly captain Blackbeard, had set course to his newly chosen destination.

He was faithfully following his rather rare compass, setting sail to the nearest port. Anyone with modest navigational skills would have understood that the map was being read upside down and they were in fact venturing deeper into the open seas, rather than closer to the shores and ports.

As the hours went by, morning gave way to noon and thereafter the day was decaying and there still was no land on sight.

Of course Blackbeard was not one to listen to reason, he rather listen to rum. He sat by the helm of the ship, broken compass to hand and bottle of rum on the other as he sought the right direction, keeping the crew rowing for lack of favourable wind

Screen_Shot_2017_05_25_at_3.18.09_PM.0.png

"Heave ho, me hearties! We're on the right course!" Urged and encouraged the captain

Many more hours later, well into the night, the crew, tired and worn came to ask for directions

tumblr_likq34R0yH1qdwjb5o1_r1_500.gif

"Right this way... Or that one...." noted Blackbeard pointing from left to right according to the broken needle.

At least he looked at the men and confessed the horrible facts

"We got lost" admitted Blackbeard almost causing a mutiny

"Worry not... We can finally follow the stars, they will surely guide is home" announced Blackbeard proudly

At last, as promise, with the starry sky our sailors and pirates finally found the right path to follow
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 12.
((apparently I can't edit a new dice roll in? next roll!))

To her surprise, and utter delight, the escape happened just as planned. The poor merchant she swiped the shuttle from wouldn't discover it's absence until she was long gone. She flew out of the atmosphere and increased the speed to maximum, now further analyzing the flight plan on the navigation computer system.....it was a long way. Perhaps not for a ship of greater size, but this small shuttle? It was going to take a while.

Siira flopped back in the chair thinking, reminiscing about her family and how she had lost them.....the tear which had retreated within her eye during the escape reformed, and she pulled the book up in front of her to read over the writing again. It was simply coordinates, jotted down in a strange material in what looked like a haste, but it was all she had left of him. She lifted her hand and ran her fingers across the book, inwardly reconnecting herself with him emotionally in the silent hum of the power systems around her.

"You miss him don't you," a voice came from behind her. Siira turned quickly to discover her sister standing there, staring in judgement as she always had. She didn't question her sudden arrival.

"What do you think?" she responded with verbose attitude.

"I think," her sister said as she walked forward, sitting at a nearby console and twisting the chair to look at Siira, "you should give him up..."

"What??"

"They will never stop hunting you, and you'll never survive when they find you....your only chance is to give him up. Tell the Empire where his planet is and maybe they'll still pardon your actions," the green eyed sister said emphatically.

With a tear now streaming strongly down her cheek, Siira shot a glare back at her sister, "I'll never do that..."

"Wake up, Siira," she claimed in response, raising one hand to point at Siira. A moment passed, and Siira merely stared angrily at her sister. Eventually she stood, reaching out for Siira and taking her by the shoulders, shaking her and shouting "I said wake up!"

And that was just what she did.

Shaking in her chair, Siira's eye opened to the shudder of the entire shuttle. Her sister was gone, and her eye had gel on it from her dried tears. Sitting up quickly, the book fell to the floor....and Siira reached out for the controls to discover where she was, and more importantly what had just shaken the shuttle. At some point while reminiscing and reading the book, she had fallen asleep.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8.

"Argh.... so far we has a princess we can sell or use for ransom, and a box if fine jewelry..." Yellowbeard orders the ship to set sail...

Rolls a 6 - another clue...
"Sir, there he a flag on the beach of that there island. Shall I get it?"
"Argh... nay boatswain Moon... it be my hands that will grab it, sail the ship around and set off the dingy... you be comin' wit' me tho... ain't going to be no batrayin'" Yellowbeard retorted, He took with him everyone who he suspected may betray him, to keep his enemies close....

"Argh... a clue to the west of here be treasure.... To the ship men, we got some piratin' to do!"
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 6.

Rolled 12: mermaid

Finding the right course to follow was no certainty of finding home.

The perilous journey that lay ahead of them was fraught with dangers from the oceans.

Rough seas, harsh storms, all threatened the vessel's journey and, much to their delight and dismay so did the mermaids.

Their ethereal beauty combined with the intoxicating sweet voices that sang sweetly, might seem to any man like goddesses calling out to them, their besotted hearts ignoring the danger of drowning and being dragged to Davis Jones locked for any foolish pirate who got too carried away.

The mermaids might have succeeded were it not for the fact that our bold captain was too drunken to even see or hear them well at all.

Yet again rum came to the rescue
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 11.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Dulirn's Quest for the Magical Cloak
Chapter 2 - A Royal Meeting

“Keep up, Urir,” the wizard said, looking back to his sidekick, who was laden with the various equipment that might be needed on their quest… torches, rope, marbles, chalk, a flask of oil, canteens of water, crowbar, snacks, plus, of course, the huge tome that had started this whole mess. Dulirn himself carried only his staff.

He gave a small grunt as the only acknowledgement Dulirn had spoken, continuing on at the same frustratingly slow pace and the wizard sighed in exasperation. "Oh, it's not all doom and gloom, is it?" Dulirn asked. "Look, there's the castle. The instructions state very clearly that we need 3 strands of hair from the head of the princess. Surely, if we explain to the king what we want, he will see the logic in it."

"Don see whut could go wrong..." Urir replied, looking up at the castle that rose before them with several guards armored in full plate standing at the entrances.

(argh blackbeard, ye be drunk and seein' the captain as a mermaid...)

Fair winds and followin' seas....

Rolls 9 - Dragon!
"Aahhhh...." cried out the crewman in the crows nest. 'Thar be dragons 'ere!" he called out before the breath of flames scorched his beard and burnt a sail.
""Hard a port! Hard a port! Yellowbeard screamed. They didn't oave anything, but Yellowbeard would offer the Princess up for ransom if the beast leave them be.

It turned out the beast was sleeping and only sneezed in his slumber, blowing a jet of flame at them. Luckily, they steered clear of waking him.

"I be'n back later fer yer tooth!" Yellowbeard yelled as they sailed far enough away for the dragon not to hear him.
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 9.

Roll 11: meet pirate captain

Just when they thought the worse was over, the loud booming of cannons sounded in the distance, cannon balls fell closer to Neptune vessel, which shook our crew and daring captain awake and somewhat sober

Checking through the spyglass it was clear their foe was not the royal navy as feared, but another pirate vessel

6265662611_28e30a9e47.jpg

Their captain pirate was likely to want to steal their booty and make them walk the plank

The crew scrambled to load the cannons and return fire, swiftly trashing their enemies with a few rounds of their well aimed cannons
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 9.
(Rolled a 12; Going to stick with the story line and say this happened)

The encounter with the pirates and their captain could of have gone better if they tried rolling their persuasion card a bit and luckily it seemed to go well , they get on the boat and the captain obliged them and they set off of land and as they were heading forth , the waves started to fidget a bit more feeling like a storm was coming soon. Of course , still they went forward so did the fog covering most of the ship. Trying to navigate through fog was hard for the crew and soon the ship was going all over the place as they were soon controlling the ship into what seemed to be a rocky area and then that's when something unexpected happened, Cronus was spying over near the ships ledge when suddenly they spot a shadow like figure in the distance sitting on one of the rocks. They of course , debated on whether on to tell the captain but then decided not to as the ship went passed the figure , that figure in the distance now somehow close looked like a mermaid? That's what they saw , a tail which was laid across the rock. That was definitely a mermaid and Cronus would rather avoid them. So they just went over and walked to towards the center of the ship.
((Is there a maximum limit? I know you said 'paragraph' but sometimes I just can't shut off my fingers xD))

Another shuttle? What an odd development....the shuttle was no larger than hers and here they were taking pot shots at her. What were they hoping to accomplish?

After raising the shields and arming the weapons, Siira answered the subsequent hail to see a rather angry looking amphibious creature already halfway through its sentence....

"My RUM how DARE you take MY SHIP! You Voldarians think you can do WHATEVER YOU WANT? "

Siira quickly pressed a button, promptly ending the transmission....he wasn't happy and she didn't think there was going to be any talking her way out of it.

Immediately the firefight began, and with each having essential equality in ship design, it wasn't long before both ships had failing systems and a quick expiration date. Siira activated another transmission to the angry alien.

"Look, you can have your rum...whatever that is, but I'm keeping your ship. It won't be around much longer anyway....if we keep shooting each other we will both die, but if you eject from your ship in an escape pod, you can help me get this one working again....it's that or we shoot each other to death....."

Siira's words didn't seem to please the creature, but the angry face he gave showed he understood their situation was rapidly becoming dire...particularly the individual systems which had received the most damage upon his own ship. "Very well...." he claimed reluctantly
rolled 1d12 and got a natural 4.

The encounter with the dragon was close, but Yellowbeard still magaged to keep the princess on board.

Rolled 12 - Mermaids
" Sir, I see women...there on the rocks..."
Yellowbeard looked in his telescope and he caught sight of a dark-eyes, well tanned brunette sunning herself. He sighed and he kept lookin....
"Have ye ever seen a mermaid lad? Yellowbeard asked his son Dan as he slapped the telescope to his chest. "Have ye a good look boy, but know we can never touch. If we sails yore, they will flee, so enjoy the view as we pass."

Winter Durant (played by Dndmama)

(( I want in on this! Treasure hunt! ))

Winter looks down at the journal the museum curator had given her and frowned. Flipping through the last few pages, she read and reread the entries there. Some of the land marks are vague, certainly vaguer than she'd like. As far as she can tell, there should be some sort of structure within these foothill where the writer of the journal stayed while he was searching for the Azure Cloak of Defenestration. At least that's the closest translation from ancient Elvish she and her curator could agree on before she slammed the door in his face and stalked out of the museum to begin her search. Maybe if she can find this structure, she can find something else that might lead her int the right direction. The island isn't huge, but it's large enough. If she just keeps wandering aimlessly she could be at this for years!

Cresting the top of a hill, a small smirk tugs at the edges of Winter's lips. Pushing a stray lock of blue hair behind her ear, the adventuress races down the slow towards the small, dilapidated hovel nestled in a small valley beside a natural looking spring. The perfect place for a treasure hunter to set up shop! She may just end up making this her base of operation as well. Despite the weather damaged roof and termite damaged walls, it's still safer than sleeping out in the open.

Winter pushes the door open carefully. Each step sends puffs of dust into the air, but she's used to that. Pulling her handkerchief off her head, she wraps it around her mouth and nose. The place has clearly been abandoned for some time, but there's still a few signs of the last inhabitant. Empty food cans that clearly weren't available when the house were first built. Things of that nature. Luckily, a quick sweep of the single room proves fruitful. In a drawer of the desk she finds yet another journal. This one is a bit water damaged, but that's nothing new for an old treasure hunter like Winter Durant.

Stoking a fire in the ancient fireplace, it will take her most of the rest of the evening to translate the old tome, but by the time the sun is peeking over the horizon, Winter knows where she needs to go. The search is on!

Note: Where shall I search for the treasure first?!

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Character Race Game (Dice & Raffle)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus