Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » I've Lost Faith In Humanity

Friday evening I discovered I'm out of a job because in the UK all pubs, restaurants, cafes, etc are being closed to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. Fair enough, I'm all for stopping this pandemic as quickly as possible. But it did leave me feeling very nervous about my income.

Turns out, I can't get the 80% wage payment the government is offering because the owners of the pub only pay for the building insurance which does not cover employees at all, leaving me and the tenants in the pub who run it for them, high and dry with no income.

I've tried getting benefits in the past to support me but I've been told because I live with my mum I'm perfectly fine and don't need financial help, leaving me struggling to pay my bills each month. While I'm going to try again on Monday, my hopes aren't high.

Now I discover over the past month, £91.57 has been stolen out of my account through fraudulent transactions. I am struggling enough as it is, both due to the virus and circumstances before that. My poor mother had to deal with the emotional breakdown I had when I got home because I couldn't handle it anymore, and finding out a lot of money (for me) has been taken right beneath my nose was the last straw.
I am so sorry to hear this! There are a lot of things going in right now, but we sometimes forget about people who can’t get a job in the midsts of this crisis, when we can.

Stealing money is a major crime and I hope you catch them! Hope you can seek solace and peace here at the RPR!
Where do you live? State or country. There might be some programs or services going on to help you. I'd be happy to help you look.
I'm SO SORRY to hear this. *hugs*. I know it dosen't help anything but keep the mood up and try to find a way to get the help you need. There HAS to be something and you DESERVE HELP!!<3<3<3<3
i’m very sorry to hear this; i don’t know if there are any sort of funds or programs you could go to and ask for help? i’ve seen some people make gofundme’s to help them be able to afford rent, food, etc. i hope you figure something out soon to give you rest and a peace of mind

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » I've Lost Faith In Humanity

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus