Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

Another day, another try
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.
2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).
3 - Write a potato themed haiku.
4 - Share your most a-peeling potato pun.
5 - Replace a word in a movie title with Potato (example: Jurassic Potato).
6 - Put an emoji of your choice and you’re automatically entered to win!

The grand open field
where many potatoes grow
let's me feel freedom
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.
First, happy one year anniversary! I hope it was a good year, and that you had a lot of fun writing!

Second, this is very generous of you! (Also, you are quite the hoarder if you bought everything last year! :D)

Third, The Scarlet Potato ...
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5.
MasterWinter

After 1am on the 6th of July. Wow, officially one week till my b-day. Yikes! -dislikes getting old-

Anyways, enough rambling. Let's go dice!

😴
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.
nightmqre

1:37pm on the 6th :D

Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.
2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).

Kekostu stared at the foreign object in their hand. A tiny human had ran up to the alien and given them this potato with no words and no explanation. They had no clue what it was, or what to do with it. It looked like a weirdly-coloured rock, and those were used to throw at people... They shrugged, appreciating the small gift and shoving it into their small satchel tied around their waste. They'd probably find a use for it later, after figuring out what exactly it was.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.
July 6th entry

Elmer Stroud, an older prospector who often worked alone for weeks at a time, made his monthly trip into town with his horse and pack mule. Among his favorite places to stop was the general store to stock up on supplies and to chat with the pretty Lorraine. She was far too young for him, but that did not stop the lonely man from being attracted to her friendliness and finding excuses to linger in her store for an hour or more.

Today, that excuse took a form of an oddly shaped potato.

"Look it what I dug up! Ain't it the darnedest thing? Thought it looked jest like a heart," Elmer said, setting it down on the counter for her. "Thought ya might like it."

No wonder the man has never married. Trying to woo a lady with a potato...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F5c%2F29%2F13%2F5c2913562c4b05a76c2be757002c18b4.jpg
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2.
Po-ta-to!

giphy.gif

Puns....

eaaa28d15da8aa64777630eb9b5cd761.jpg
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4.
Rolling
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift

download.jpg

Roger was a cultured man, an avid reader, with great interest in learning all he could, good and evil alike. Alas! he was a man of poor means and to acquire knowledge, he would need access to it in the first place. He was very mindful that he had to seize opportunities and even create them. At the end of the day, in this world... every man for himself and the Devil take the hindmost rule always seemed to prevail. He would not be the one lagging behind to receive no help, no further learning. He was all too conscious of being idle, after all, the Devil makes work for idle hands to do.

Roger could have spent months and years of his life offering services as a healer or a tutor or a spiritual counsellor but he preferred to be bold brazen and approached Somniatis instead.

v2ZPozY.jpg

The man had a dark aura about him that clearly indicated to this cleric that there was more than meets the eye and much knowledge to be gained from dealing with him directly. If he was mistaken there would be the devil to pay, but he trusted his gut feelings that were drawing him to the wealthy trader, after all... the Devil has all the best tunes. Wealth and status like Somniatis possessed were a certain promise of much knowledge to be had.

He wasn't particularly keen on deceit of course, but sometimes needs must when the Devil drives. Roger took courage and grabbed the sack of potatoes he was carrying and scattered them as he pretended to trip over, dropping his spuds all over the floor and letting Somniatis' security team come to assist and get all busy collecting the pototaes. So absorved they were in this act of kindness and charity, that they oppened a window through which Roger could read the famous businessman.

Roger came over to Somniatis and sat down across from him, having sneaked his way past distracted guards to reach the famous celebrity, picking a potato and show it off to the mysterious man.

Roger looked at Somniatis steady as he left the spud in Somniatis' hand. "Even the most humble ordinary items can serve a greater purpose, my friend. As believe you and I could" assured Roger

"Now... I know that he who sups with the devil should have a long spoon..." started off Roger "alas I am of such poor means that I have no spoon at all... perhaps you could lend me yours... you know... grant me access to books and knowledge that I may quench my thirst for learning. I long for wisdom and knowledge and I am willing to barter with you. The Devil is in the details of course, but I can pay in kind, work for you for a time and give the Devil his due through my hard work." prompted Roger opening the negotiating table

"Now then... play Devil's advocate if you wish or give me reason and a good deal" pressed Roger wincing as the security team had finished gathering the potatoes only to realize it had all been a ruse to get them out of the way.

"Speaking of the Devil... perhaps you ought to have a quiet word with them first..." muttered Roger backing into his seat uncomfortably at the security goons, who were clearly angry and closing in on him and showing the sack cloth that contained the collected potatoes.

(( OOC - I wonder what Somniatis might say? ))
MasterWinter

Seven minutes after midnight, on the 7th of July. Here we go!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Potato
Gypsy Rose Lea (played by TheCreator7)

I'll give this a try. Here goes nothing!
Uhhh.... Now my roll is...

Gypsy Rose Lea came across someone who was tend a rather large kettle over the fire. She limps over to the person (Begonia) with her walking stick, back pack and what looks to be a heavy drawstring bag. Various small bags hung on her belt.

"Smells like you have started a stone soup. I be willing to sit a while and chat if I was invited. I'd even donate a potato or two for some of the soup. We might even get enough people to share in donating a few bits of this or that. It would make a fine stone soup if that was to happen. Who knows, we might even become friends. What do you say?" she spoke hopefully.
nightmqre

2:13 pm on the 7th c:
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift

Potato Universe: The Movie
Me every time Somnom has another give away.

giphy.gif

Did you hear? I heard they're going to release an extended director's cut of-

Back to the Potato!
July 7th entry

One Potato Over the Cuckoo's Nest
ShiNoTenshi1008

Lets do this

Edward Potatohands
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

:O
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.
Ok, let's give it a try.
What do you call a baby potato?
A Tater Tot
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4.
MasterWinter

Almost time for me to drop off to sleep, and I almost forgot to do this. -gives a yawn into shoulder, then rolls the die-

Father Buchanan was walking the streets of New Orleans with a fairly large bag of groceries, bringing it to the local shelter so to do his part by helping the needy with giving them something to eat. As he was heading to his destination, he happened to pass by Scotty while the man was on a break from work. The Father was just passing by, simply glancing his way to Scotty, but the poor Priest had to do a double take at Scotty and make his way back over. Father Buchanan wasn't sure what the heck it was Scotty was eating on his break, but thought the man could do better.

"Ack, laddie! Ye need ta be eatin something better then dat...mystery food ye got there." Father Buchanan says, his Scottish accent clear as day.

The Priest pulled out a potato from the grocery bag, and handed it to Scotty.

"Here laddie, dis be better fer ya in more ways than one."

After which the Father resumed his walk to his destination.
Hades_

New Roll!

Movie Title

I know what you did last potato.
nightmqre

1:38pm on the 8th :D
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

Ryker was definitely confused. He was no stranger to receiving strange birthday presents from his friends; it happened every year. He had to admit though, he was a little taken aback when he was mailed a potato with a note saying, 'Happy Birthday! : )'. He itched his head, a little stuck on what to do. After a moment of debating with himself, he set the potato and the note onto the windowsill, deciding he would properly figure out what to do with it later. For now, the potato could sit on the windowsill and look glorious until that time arrived.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus