Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.
2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).
3 - Write a potato themed haiku.
4 - Share your most a-peeling potato pun.
5 - Replace a word in a movie title with Potato (example: Jurassic Potato).
6 - Put an emoji of your choice and you’re automatically entered to win!

oil burning hot
sizzling with the potato
a slice of goodness
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 3.
Alright let's see which prompt I get!

Edit: Prompt 5

Men in potato
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5.
Ok let's if i make it

Edit:

I yam always very happy to eat sweet potatoes.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4.
Ok now let's roll!

1 - As one of your characters, write a small paragraph on what their reaction would be if they received a talking potato as a gift.

Gypsy Rose smiled as she took the gift. After placing on the table, she opened the box. Laying inside was a clean potato.
"What an unusual and practical gift! "

She took the potato out of the box to look at for the eyes on the potato was different than what she ever saw.

"Hey, sister! What are you looking at? the potato spoke suddenly as he opened his eyes.

"Oh my goodness gracious me! A talking potato! Docome with me and tell me about yourself." Gypsy Rose spoke.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.
MissPixie Topic Starter

Only a few more days left to enter this!

If you don't see your name on the qualified entrants list, double-check all your posts/entries (especially the first one) to ensure that things are done correctly and according to rules. :)
MasterWinter

After midnight on the 11th of July. Let's see what happens this time.

Curse my ill luck of getting "2" lately, which makes me struggle to pick decently fitting OC's for this. Oh well. Here we go!

Maestro was doing some grocery shopping for his friend Amber and her family, trying to be of help how he could to his friends. There was a list in hand of all the things that he was supposed to get, it seemed to have gone well. And yet he ended up finding that he'd accidentally grabbed one wrong item when going over the items in the grocery bags, after purchasing them, before loading them into his cook's car since Maestro himself didn't have a car. Scanning the grocery list twice at least, Maestro found he didn't have a potato listed on the grocery list.

"Ugh...What am I supposed to do now with this?" The musician grumbled at himself.

Though his attention perked when he spotted someone standing near by and observing him. He found Ruby watching him.

"...Uh, can I help you?" Maestro would ask trying to not be too leery of the fact she just, for the moment, stared at him.

Upong hearing that she happened to need a potato, Maestro smiled in kind and would hand the one he bought over to her.

"Looks like we both won that one." Maestro says before finishing loading up the car, then had his cook drive back to his friend Amber's place.
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2.
Early morning greetings.

There was a Potato named Spud heading to the potato patch one early morning,
On its way, Spud meet another Potato with 3 Spuds on her vines, all were whining
An old Potato who really really STUNK,
A young Potato who was following the ones with Spuds, gobbling the mash trail,
A young Scalloped Potato with beautiful eyes, to which our friend Spud says "Well, well..."

Pq51TjF.jpg
nightmqre

1:03pm on the 11th
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:
In this thread, roll 1 die with 6 sides (1 d6) then follow the prompt below for the number you’ve rolled --
2 - Write a few lines about which one of your characters would give one of my characters a potato and explain why (it doesn’t have to be a deep or meaningful reason, just make it fun).

>:D
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6.
giphy.gif

Ugh...puns...

2wu8dk.jpg
Hades_

Rolling.

A brave little potato.
July 11th entry
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2.
Likewise!
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

Doctor Potato
MasterWinter

After midnight on the 12th of July. Here we go!

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the Potato
I hope i get a 6 lol

Omg! I did

😱
RedPandaFox

Somnom wrote:
giphy.gif

We’re approaching the milestone of me being a member of RPR for one year. I would like to mention that without Kruhee telling me about the site, I wouldn’t have joined. So a huge heap of my gratitude goes to her for convincing me to join RPR! And here we are, a year later. :D

Of course, I’m celebrating this in true Prize Potato style by hosting a giveaway raffle! I really can’t think of another way to show my appreciation to the site and the community for all the friends and connections I’ve made as well as the endless amount of amusement, fun, and laughter I’ve enjoyed in the past year.

How to Enter:

giphy.gif

Rules and Disclaimers:
1. You must do your initial roll for your prompt as your player account (not characters/anonymous chars ) in this thread.
2. You’re allowed to enter this raffle once per calendar day until the entry deadline, BUT you have to complete your previous roll’s prompt correctly before you can do another one or all entries afterwards will be disqualified.
3. If you land on a prompt you’ve previously done, you need to provide a new answer. That means no copy and pasting what you’ve already answered before.
4. Numbers will be assigned to qualified entries in the order they’re received. At the closing of the raffle, a random number generator will be used to select the winners. There is a limit of one prize pack per person, so numbers will be drawn until different people are selected for each bundle.
5. This is not an RPR sponsored raffle. All prizes were purchased by me from the site’s store at some point during the past year.
6. Deadline to enter is July 13th 2020 at 2:43am Pacific Time (my exact sign up date and time)! So, technically, you can have a maximum of 14 qualifying entries into this raffle.
7. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone from entering this raffle if they are rude or mean in any way.

The Prizes:
One (1) Yukon Gold Winner will receive the Grand Potato Prize Pack, which includes:
1 Hourglass of Epicness
1 Dragon’s Tooth
1 Heart Shaped Box of Chocolates
1 Walrus
1 Rainbow Rose
1 Black Rose
1 Yellow Rose

One (1) Russet Runner Up will receive the Super Spud Prize Pack, which includes:
1 Wand of Epicness
1 Dragon’s Tooth
1 Walrus
1 Rainbow Rose
1 Black Rose
1 Red Rose

Three (3) Smol Fry Friends will receive the Mashed Leftover Prize Pack, which is an assortment of limited sale items I’ve hoarded collected throughout my year here, and includes:
1 Maracon in a random color (leftover from the RPR Bake Sale)
1 Autumn Leaf in a random color
1 Rainbow Rose
1 Black Rose
1 Party Grab Bag (2020)

giphy.gif

Oooookay! Good luck, everyone!

<3,
Somnom The Prize Potato

Assigned Numbers For Qualified Entrants

1. Tusitala2017
2. Hadeslicious
3. Winters_Fury
4. Claine
5. Juls
6. Dndmama
7. QueenSerenity
8. Dndmama
9. Tusitala2017
10. Winters_Fury
11. Hadeslicious
12. Juls
13. bones
14. Winters_Fury
15. Dndmama
16. Juls

17. Tusitala2017
18. Hadeslicious
19. Hadeslicious
20. Winters_Fury
21. Juls
22. Dndmama
23. LoupGarou
24. Winters_Fury
25. Hadeslicious
26. staticnightmares
27. Dndmama
28. Juls
29. Tusitala2017
30. Winters_Fury
31. Hadeslicious
32. staticnightmares
33. Dndmama
34. Juls

35. Tusitala2017
36. DorianM
37. Winters_Fury
38. staticnightmares
39. Juls
40. Dndmama
41. Tusitala2017
42. Winters_Fury
43. staticnightmares
44. Dndmama
45. Juls
46. ShiNoTenshi1008
47. Tusitala2017
48. Winters_Fury
49. Hadeslicious
50. staticnightmares

51. DorianM
52. Juls
53. Dndmama
54. ShiNoTenshi1008
55. Winters_Fury
56. staticnightmares
57. Juls
58. Hadeslicious
59. DorianM
60. Dndmama
61. Tusitala2017
62. Tusitala2017
63. TheCreator7
64. TheCreator7
65. JetStorm
66. Winters_Fury
67. Hadeslicious
68. staticnightmares
69. Juls

70. Tusitala2017
71. Darkstitchblade
72. TheCreator7
73. Dndmama
74. Optimusprimal99
75. Optimusprimal99
76. Optimusprimal99
77. Winters_Fury
78. TheCreator7
79. staticnightmares
80. Dndmama
81. Hadeslicious
etc
etc
etc

XD
nightmqre

11:40am on the 14th
Somnom wrote:
How to Enter:

My Potato
Here it goes: let's see what prompt I get this time!!!

Edit: prompt 4 huh? Well uh...
Ok I got one! (Albiet it's not very good but still...)

What do you get when pour mashed potatoes on a cat? A mash catatoe.
giphy.gif

Ralph Breaks the Potato
Final try!

"Another day, another deal. The Merchant seemed as immutable as the rocks that surrounded Zapça, or as the steep stone steps carved in the mountainside towards the Temple. She packed her stall with slow movements - why rush? There was nothing awaiting her home, and her entire life was linked to the Desert Race. Finally, when everything had found its place, she spotted something unusual: a small wrapped parcel had been forgotten by someone on the edge of her stall. She almost didn't see it in the dimming light, but now she was curious enough to retrieve it.

The texture of the wrapping was coarse; probably something bought nearby - a piece of fruit, or a souvenir? She opened slowly. "Finally! I thought I would choke in there! The nerve of some! You don't think of others, do you?" The Merchant raised an eyebrow underneath her hood, but otherwise there was no sign of surprise. She had led a long life and had seen stranger things indeed, than a talking potato. "Stop complaining, or you'll become supper. Better tell me your name, hmmm?"
rolled 1d6 and got a natural 1.
Hades_

Last roll.

Thank you for hosting this spudtacular raffle. ;)

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Somnom's 1 Year Celebration! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus