Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Feeling Invisible

Uriel375

I don't understand one thing. I have a few topics out there, I try to make them pretty flexible, but I can't find anyone to RP with me. Not that I don't have anyone, but I wish I had more people.

Please...what I doing wrong? Is it me? Is it the topics I put out there? Please world, give me answers.
Yeah, I get'cha. I mean, I probably don't have as many topics out in the public as much as you, but I get passed by really easily. I just don't know how to do anything that makes something appealing to others.

Perhaps you could try interacting with another person's stuff and build some friendships? The advice I got when I said basically the same thing was to be more active and play some forum games and do smalltalk!

And don't blame yourself for something like this! You're not doing anything wrong. People probably just don't see your stuff 'cause it gets buried or that they just don't have interest in the things you want to do. It's not because they don't like you or that you're bad. It just happens!
Uriel375 Topic Starter

RayneIlStorm wrote:
Yeah, I get'cha. I mean, I probably don't have as many topics out in the public as much as you, but I get passed by really easily. I just don't know how to do anything that makes something appealing to others.

Perhaps you could try interacting with another person's stuff and build some friendships? The advice I got when I said basically the same thing was to be more active and play some forum games and do smalltalk!

And don't blame yourself for something like this! You're not doing anything wrong. People probably just don't see your stuff 'cause it gets buried or that they just don't have interest in the things you want to do. It's not because they don't like you or that you're bad. It just happens!

I guess so. But if I wanted to do the games, where do I start? I'm not sure what to do.

And I only have about three topics, I'd try to make more, but wouldn't that seem like I'm desperate? I just wish people would RP with me.
Uriel375 wrote:
I guess so. But if I wanted to do the games, where do I start? I'm not sure what to do.

And I only have about three topics, I'd try to make more, but wouldn't that seem like I'm desperate? I just wish people would RP with me.

Just start wherever! Wherever you think you would have the most fun! Even if you just interact with one or two games every once in a while is good, too!

And, hey! I have about three topics, too! And sometimes you just have to throw some spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks! People won't really think you're desperate as long as you don't spam the forums with the same idea. To be honest, I don't think people pay attention to who posts what as long as it's interesting!

Also, same about the wanting to RP with someone, but you shouldn't get so sad about not having a partner! You just gotta keep looking! It's like looking for a job: keep sending applications until you find one haha!
It's pretty easy to get bummed out when people don't respond or reply to ads for RP. I don't think it's anything that you did wrong. RPR is such a huge website and people are in a constant flux of coming and going. Plus, given the state of the world right now, I know a lot of my friends and the people I write with tend to have a fickle muse where some days the ability to write or RP or plot is a struggle and just isn't there.

You also might want to look into groups on RPR! I found that joining groups for a genre that you enjoy writing is a great way to connect with people and helps to narrow down the search field for plots and RPs, so to speak...Mainly because you're already starting off on the same page setting wise.

Good luck and keep your head up!
Uriel375 Topic Starter

MissPixie wrote:
It's pretty easy to get bummed out when people don't respond or reply to ads for RP. I don't think it's anything that you did wrong. RPR is such a huge website and people are in a constant flux of coming and going. Plus, given the state of the world right now, I know a lot of my friends and the people I write with tend to have a fickle muse where some days the ability to write or RP or plot is a struggle and just isn't there.

You also might want to look into groups on RPR! I found that joining groups for a genre that you enjoy writing is a great way to connect with people and helps to narrow down the search field for plots and RPs, so to speak...Mainly because you're already starting off on the same page setting wise.

Good luck and keep your head up!

Thank you MissPixie. I'll try to keep my chin up. I have invested into a group. I'm in "Lilac Town". And I'm even curator of the library, but no has posted to that forum either.
DeathandtheMaiden

Try this, have a good read of the group's features. If you're interested then PM either myself or WinterBlackDraoi. We are desperate to have players with male characters.
https://www.rprepository.com/group-site/4258/10358
Uriel375 Topic Starter

There's another thing I don't understand is that no one seems to reply to my PMs. In the last three days I've PM'd at least 8-9 people, and no one has replied to me. It just kind makes me feel like nobody wants to RP with me.
Uriel375 Topic Starter

I'm not saying it as a way to accuse people or to say anything bad about them. I know I should really look at it from their perspective, but it just kinda drags me down when I have trouble getting things started.
Uriel375 wrote:
There's another thing I don't understand is that no one seems to reply to my PMs. In the last three days I've PM'd at least 8-9 people, and no one has replied to me. It just kind makes me feel like nobody wants to RP with me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That used to happen to me a lot as well. Though sometimes it might take some people awhile to get back to you, sometimes they might reply a few days later because they were busy, so remember that. It's good your trying and reaching out, I hope you find more people to talk to!
Helvetica

Uriel375 wrote:

I can understand that you feel frustrated, and abandoned when it comes to other players responding, or not responding to your RP. But from what I've read DeathandtheMaiden seems to have invited you to their game. They have stated they need male characters. Isn't that someone who wants to RP with you? Have you been in contact with them? Even if their game is not what you are looking for, have you informed them? I bet DeathandtheMaiden is feeling exactly as you are now.
Uriel375 Topic Starter

CandleWolf wrote:
Uriel375 wrote:

I can understand that you feel frustrated, and abandoned when it comes to other players responding, or not responding to your RP. But from what I've read DeathandtheMaiden seems to have invited you to their game. They have stated they need male characters. Isn't that someone who wants to RP with you? Have you been in contact with them? Even if their game is not what you are looking for, have you informed them? I bet DeathandtheMaiden is feeling exactly as you are now.

No, I haven't contacted them just yet. You're probably right about that though. I'll try and contact them to see what the RP is like.
It can definitely be hard, especially when you put a lot of energy into one of your characters or posts. I'll say personally while I only have one character up so far im working on getting a few others designed up. My inbox is always open to people so if you ever wanna discuss your characters or plan an rp just hit me up.

Also for not getting pms back yes it can be extra discouraging when you've specifically reached out to a person and they never reply and I'm sorry that has happened to you, but hey there are a ton if people on this site I'm sure it'll work out in the long run. Chin up you got this.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Feeling Invisible

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus