Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Nasr Varethar

Lumerin, the diamond moon, shone brightly over Carrion Forest, a dying forest which sat at the base of a mountain. No one dared enter due to the gruesome and haunting tails that surrounded it but tonight its residents hoped those very tales would draw guests in. Their lunar god had told them of a celebration from another world, one fit for the Valra, and helped prepare with a blessing to let them use their dream forms. The only warning, many would not be able to handle the nightmares they loved to weave.

A thin, weather worn path snaked through the dense fog which shrouded the forest. One was not promised the path for Lumerin had enchanted the fog to draw many in from across the various worlds. Sharp rocks and sudden drops into cold water was a taste of what waited. Spirits and wisps danced about the forest, whispering secrets and singing eerie tunes. The demon Fear was given permission to bring any guests fears to life, albeit to a restricted degree lest they die of fright.

Dark, purple flames hovered in the branches. Anything in their light became nightmarish but normal light was swallowed. Bones were strewn about, shadows danced, beasts roamed, and the call of ravens filled the air. If one looked up, they would find the trees were packed with the birds.

Whether one found their way or is guided by a wisp, a large, gothic style mansion waited in the heart of Carrion Forest. The doors sat open and swayed in the chilly breeze. Though it appeared abandoned, a spice-like incense poured from within. Moonlight lit an altar which sat just inside the darkened entrance. Two were-ravens, crafted of an eerie black metal, which reached out to eachother. Beneath their arms rested a golden bowl that was overflowing with sweet treats for any who dared see what was in the darkness.

((First time doing one of these events. I'll do my best to respond at a decent pace))
Maddie Angevin (played by RedPandaFox)

Maddie wandered into the forest. She had heard tons of the stories that had been told of the area, and they intrigued her. Drew her in. A smile was stuck on her features, unwavering as she steadily paced forward. She wasn't carrying anything, but behind her trailed floating pieces of candy that she had accumulated throughout the night.

Once she caught sight of the stylish mansion that towered above her, her smile widened. There was a point to this-she hadn't done this for nothing. But of course, it wouldn't be for nothing if she could at least hand out the stories. Maddie looked around. Were there any foxes around here? She wondered. She had always adored foxes.

She approached the mansion and caught a whiff of the smell pouring out of it. It made her happy, she liked houses with a specific smell, her own smelled distinctly like cinnamon. The doors were open, so she wondered if she should come in. Making up her mind, she took a step inside and looked around, wondering if there was anyone home.

"Hello?"
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

Maddie Angevin wrote:
Maddie wandered into the forest. She had heard tons of the stories that had been told of the area, and they intrigued her. Drew her in. A smile was stuck on her features, unwavering as she steadily paced forward. She wasn't carrying anything, but behind her trailed floating pieces of candy that she had accumulated throughout the night.

Once she caught sight of the stylish mansion that towered above her, her smile widened. There was a point to this-she hadn't done this for nothing. But of course, it wouldn't be for nothing if she could at least hand out the stories. Maddie looked around. Were there any foxes around here? She wondered. She had always adored foxes.

She approached the mansion and caught a whiff of the smell pouring out of it. It made her happy, she liked houses with a specific smell, her own smelled distinctly like cinnamon. The doors were open, so she wondered if she should come in. Making up her mind, she took a step inside and looked around, wondering if there was anyone home.

"Hello?"

" Welcome" A voice echoed from within the darkness. Ravens answered behind her. Two flew inside, each stealing a piece of candy from behind her, before dropping them over the altar. For some reason they were caught by an unseen force.

Dark flames appeared along the wall and on every candle in the chandeliers, revealing an equally elegant interior. Bones were incorporated into the design of the place but a massive shadow obstructed the view. The stolen candy was held in the talons of the shadow. The shadow lifted its head to reveal the features of a valravn. His eyes and demonic grin glowed with a purple light. " We hope you enjoy your time here. It is so rare that we have guests"

A symphony of caws and howls filled the air while shadows shook various objects around the house. Should she look behind her, she would find various beasts had gathered at the doorway.

" You will get your treats back" He continued. One hand was raised and the other was lowered towards the alter. The candy floated each hand respectively. " First, a little game"

Maddie whirled around in delight, excited. She didn't much mind the birds taking her candy, she had plenty, and if she wanted she could always try to take it back. As the lights lit up, she took in the decorations. "I love your interior decorating." She said, wondering if the voice would have a conversation with her. "Very nice."

Maddie had never seen a valravn before but she liked the look of it. Very mysterious. "When people come to trick-or-treat, aren't you supposed to give them candy, not take it away?" She asked the question lightly, not actually bothered by the turn of events.

Shooting a glance behind her, she noticed the beasts and wondered if they would let her pet them but didn't try it out, instead taking another step forward and deeper into the house.

The house stretched off into two wings whose halls were filled with elegant doors. A long table, crafted of fine ebony and bone, had been hidden by the Valra. On it, a feast fit for royalty waited to be enjoyed.

Nasr's grin stretched past his eyes with the compliment to his home. " I am glad you approve. Every member of the clan has built this place from the ground up" His head slowly turned as he watched her. The candy fell into his hands which he put in one.

Her question got him thinking about what Lumerin had told him. He scratched at his beak while looking at the bowl below. " I um...well yes, we planned to...w-wait a moment!" Shadows swallowed him only to place him infront of her. " Y-you are taking the scary out of this"

The darkness burst off him to reveal a teen boy with hands like raven feet and feathers in his hair. A nervous grin was on his face. " This celebration is new to me. I thought...well...a treat or more is given for a scare? Extra treats for facing our local demon?" He chuckled and offered her candy back. A chilling shriek filled the air as an icy breeze passed through the house.

"It looks like someone put a lot of work and effort into it. I envy you." Her eyes were filled with wonder as she looked at the beautiful table and the rest of the illuminated house.

As he complained that she was taking all of the scary out of the house, Maddie shot him a giant smile. "I'm sorry-let me try and be scared." She cowered, her eyes darting to all of the corners of the room before laughing. "Pff, sorry it's just not working for me."

Maddie's eyes took in the new appearance of the teenage boy. "Thanks, you're very kind." She accepted only one of the candies however. "You can keep one, I don't need it." The other floated lazily to join her trail of sweets behind her.

"That actually makes sense. Make them fight for the candy." She joked, imagining the new idea. "I should try that next year. Fight to the death, whoever survives gets an Almond Joy?"

Watching Maddie attempt to be scared made him laugh. " Ok, I see your point. Maybe scares are not everything"

He looked down at the piece left in his hand. " I can really keep it? Thanks!" Nasr said with a smile. " We can still play a game for a treat. My clan will take some from the bowl and hide them in the house. You can find as many or as little as you want"

He vanished only to appear on the chandelier above. " Or you can face your fears with the demon. I promise no fight to the death" It chimed gently when he flipped to hang like a bat. Even from here, he could see her wonder. " Maybe just trade tales instead? What is your home like?"
Demini (played by Great7)

He walked through the path till he got to the end, "so it say they have treats. Meaning they have treasures", he said with a grin and clapped his hand, "I know it is wrong but let this one be successful", he said then took a step forward, "wait do I knock or just stand there"

Demini wrote:
He walked through the path till he got to the end, "so it say they have treats. Meaning they have treasures", he said with a grin and clapped his hand, "I know it is wrong but let this one be successful", he said then took a step forward, "wait do I knock or just stand there"

From the trees the ravens watched this new guest. A single caw was soon followed by many as the trees erupted in a flurry of beating wings.

The sudden chaos drew Nasr's attention. " Someone else paid a visit?" He grinned as he pointed to the doors. They were opened by dark claws, revealing the new guest.

" Welcome! Please, come in and join the fun" A few ravens tugged on Demini's hair and jacket, bidding him to enter, while they cackled.

It just had to be... Well I decided to come so might as well", he said letting his hoodie down and went in

Demini wrote:
It just had to be... Well I decided to come so might as well", he said letting his hoodie down and went in

This guy reminded Nasr of a friend somehow but more...distant? Cold? He couldn't quite put his talon on it but it was clear he would not be scared either. He dropped from the chandelier and flew closer, as a raven, to investigate.

Nasr landed before the guy as a 'human'. Something else was familiar about this guy. " Tough crowd...atleast say hi to the lady" He grinned and motioned towards Maddie.

He looked towards mad die with a blank look then gave a grin, "hello. By the way don't trust this guy he looks like someone who would chop off your head if you're not careful", he said speaking about Nasr then looked around, "explains why no one steals from here I mean lovely interior"

"I'd love to play a gam-" Maddie started, and was shocked by the ravens crowing behind her. She ducked, for a moment, before laughing. "I guess I actually was scared for a moment. That means there's someone else? That's nice, I didn't think a lot of people would come back here in the middle of the woods."

As Demini walked in, Maddie watched him with interest. When he directed his attention towards her, her eyes widened. "Oh-I don't trust anyone." She shot him a lovely grin and replied with "We were just going to play a game I believe. Or fight a demon. Your choice."

Fake scowling at Nasr, Maddie said to him "Why didn't you try to scare him? You tried so hard for me, I almost feel bad I didn't fake being terrified." She was joking though, this experience was enough to make her happy. She loved new stories. "Did you want to tell stories about each other? We can do all three, I don't mind or have anything else to do."
Shinigami (played by Great7)

Yeah don't trust a girl who goes around with that attitude in times like this", he said, "I'm just guessing here but you don't get much visitors", he says looking around

(Sorry I changed chars)
Black Was Verry exited This Tradition of Halloween. Ir was foren to her; she would Celibrate Nigh Fall The holiday of hideing in fear from the wrath of angry gods and sprits. So, when she heard of a nightmare house to witch had a bountanus amount of cady She was exited and ready to go. She was dressed as a goast, a pretty easy costume when your dead.

Black had started with the path her fears comeing at. She thought she allredy faced all her fears... Being dead and all, but she was still terrified she started runing away. But after that bit of heart attack. She saw house in the distance and started "spriting" to it.

She Got to the house egarly knocming on the door holding her basket to be filled with treats.

" Well uh..." A sheepish grin was given to Maddie as he rubbed the back of his head. " I did not have time to set up a good...scare. But his intro startled you so he is the sca-" Turning around again, he found a familiar face. " Nice of you show up, buddy. When did you learn how to change shape? Navermind!" He waved his hand and turned back to Maddie.

" I like your idea! Tell stories about eachother. Let them come to life and add a touch a fear to them" The flames writhed as a breath flowed though the house. " You can earn treats by turning the demon's antics into something scarier or funny."

He stopped and tapped his chin. Was it a good game idea? With a shrug Nasr carried on. " Well...you two are right. I rarely see guests so how abou-" Another knock on the door made him pause. " I like this celebration more and more"

The dream form was restored before he flew to doors. As the shadows opened them, he let out a dreadful caw which was cut short when he saw the ghost. " Well hello" His glowing grin stretched past his eyes again. " The dead are always welcome here" He stepped aside and held his shadowy hand to beckon her inside. The gleaming bowl of treats looked to be resting within his demonic talons.

Wow he doesn't get the idea of undercover theifs", he said putting his hoodie on then looked around, "what prescious gems did he hide", he said looking around

" What was that?" Nasr turned his gaze away from ghost. The height of his dream form enabled him to see over the stair railing. " You are all kinds of weird tonight"

Well...look around. We are in a weird place to begin with", he said looking around, "now where do you put your gold. Or do you want me to help you with them", he said with a blank look

" Gold...really dude?" He glanced at the bowl. What was it Lumerin said about the treats? " Help out, please. Tonight is supposed to fun" A few treats were plucked from the bowl and dropped into the ghost's bag.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Nasr Varethar

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus