Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Yukina (played by Rinny_Howler)

"Oh, shy I see? I don't bite, and I did escape overprotective siblings by coming here! So, are you enjoying things so far?" She looked to the new arrivals. "Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy your time here." When Yukina heard royal, she had to speak up. "A fellow royal? I am the princess of Nohr. There is no need for formalities, though."
Falcon (played by Kada)

"A traveler, yes," he replied. "Aren't we all? Sooner or later, hopefully much later, our spirits will leave this world and return home. But I may have missed the mark your grace."

Falcon planted his fists on his hips, then placed a few fingers to his brow as he shook his head.

"Unfortunately my recent travels was more stuck in a mudhole than having magnificent adventures."
Bunsai (played by hypxrphxbxx)

Bonsai entered the graceful area, decorated in a graceful yet casual dress of black, white and silver lace. She played with her hair whilst making sure her mask of bandaging- that she had thrown together last minute -stayed put. This was... Quite easier... Being able to hide your history, yourself, and still be around people. She giggled to herself before, as always, trying to hide herself away.
The Nebular Arcana-Ivy Chiffon (played anonymously)

A lone girl seemingly towards the later teen years in age approached the clearing, her pearl white mask conflicting against her long teal hoodie resulting in a somewhat odd visual. Seven wisps floated around her waist in a circling motion, perhaps distracting to anyone unfocused- Ivy slowly stepped forwards, her usual confidence dwindling in the face of a social situation that her upbringing had left her blind to. Perhaps it would be best not to draw too much attention to herself for now, and wait for the rules of the festivities to become more apparent?
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The duchess turns toward Cassia with solemn joy, as if seeing at last a long lost friend. She opens her arms to Cassia, beckoning her in for an embrace with the tips of her white gloved fingers. "My friend!" she thrills. "You made it. I was so worried the wardrobe requirements would dissuade you!" If allowed, she clasps Cassia tightly to herself, though this is indeed the first time they have met. "I promise you will not regret the sacrifices you have had to make to be here," she whispers to her new friend, winking conspiratorially.

Accepting a sample of the cured meat from Sir Robert with a grin of thanks, she presses the savory treat into Cassia's hand instead. "Look, already you are greeted with wonders from afar."
Torie Lucius (played anonymously)

"Yeah, everything looks amazing here...." Torie glanced around again. "I always thought that balls and galas would look amazing, but I didn't realize they could look this good." He said softly, messing with some of his silver hair. He had chosen the Arctic Fox as the animal because he always dressed in white and because Niklin said he was going as a Fox. "I think my friend has much more confidence with these sort of things..." He gave a nervous chuckle.
Elora paused to think for a moment. "That's... hard to say, exactly," she said to the duchess. "But spending some time making some new acquaintances would be a good place to start. I'm a long way from home, after all. I'm Elora Kelward. Pleased to meet you all."

The dark elf turned towards Sir Robert as he bought out a pouch of some red objects and started handing them out to everyone. She reached out to take one of the pieces and started to chew on it. "Interesting," she said after a moment. "It's much spicier than what I'm used to. Surprisingly tasty, though."
Sir Robert sees the Dutchess' motion and turns to face Cassia directly, "An honour madam, I am Sir Robert Hoseason, Captain of The Spirit of Adventure in service to Her Majesty." He bows deeply, touching his hand to his chest.

The duchess laughs with delight, inclining her head deeply to Gustav. "A bold one, I see! Not afraid to announce his name at a masked ball. Perhaps we should take that as an indication that you intend to keep your nose clean, tonight? Or perhaps you don't mind at all who knows when you're naughty?" she teases, throwing a wink to the newly arrived royal. "But come, you must meet some new friends." She beckons pointedly to Bunsai and The Nebular Arcana-Ivy Chiffon, seeming to have some sixth sense for wallflowers. "Have the two of you met Gustav Dirkson, visiting from his kingdom in the east?"
Aspen walked through the forest, invitation in hand. He looked around nervously, as he had never been this far out before. It was worth it, though, because he was heading to a gala. Aspen loved galas. He started jumping around excitedly as he kept moving. Suddenly, he had made it. There were other people in masks, just like him. He looked around and started blushing. His hands turned cold, and a bit of ice shot out of his hand. "GAH!" He leapt back and looked up at the crowd. Hoping no one noticed, Aspen picked up the icicle and stuck it in his sleeve. He then noticed the Duchess and approached her, cautiously.
Yukina (played by Rinny_Howler)

"This has already became a bustling event! I'll be staying for quite a long while." Yukina smiled at each new person here, even the ones that weren't new. "Welcome everyone to the Masquerade!" Being the little positive girl she is, she stayed with the group of people. This will be quite fun! thought the young girl. Her eyes were lit up like a wildfire seeing everyone. The whole event was already going smoothly. "Even us royals joined... That's quite nice!"
Cass's eyes lit up with mirth at this shared joke and she opened her arms wide to accept a warm hug from this woman she already new would become a true friend. "What a wonderful hostess you are. Of course I knew you would be, it's seems to be in your very nature to be so!" She gushed in return before looking down at the small treat the woman had placed in her hand. She grinned and glanced toward the man who'd handed them out, dipping down in light curtesy before slipping the delicacy into her mouth and savory it's full and spice filled flavor. Her eyes widened and she let out an un ladylike "mmm" before she remembered herself and nodded gracefully.

Once she had finished the bite she looked to see Sir Robert and offered a grateful smile. "Well met sir, and thank you for the sample. I am Cassia Loraina Montreif." Her full skirted pastel blue skirt swished softly as she dipped into one more shallow curtesy, the bits of fabric in various shades of blue shaped like leaves and flowers decorated the bodice of her dress. Firey red hair was left mostly down to spill over her bare shoulders but some was tucked back away from her face in a braid. Two curved horns sprouted from the firey ensemble of hair, bedecked with natural looking bark and moss.
Elora felt a slight bit of embarrassment. Wasn't the whole point of a masquerade that you were supposed to keep your identity a secret? To be fair, this was the first masquerade she'd ever actually attended. Still, she hadn't been the first or the last to reveal their name, so perhaps she would get away with it tonight.

She glanced over towards Aspen when he called out in surprise. "Is everything alright over there?" she asked. She hadn't spotted the icicle he'd dropped, but she had the strange sense that there had just been a brief chill in the air. How odd.

"Ah, another brave one!" She grins to Elora as she introduces herself. "I do so love easy wishes to grant. I feel certain we can work that magic of new acquaintances for you, perhaps even new friends. Of course, I am la grande-duchesse de L'hiver -- it is very difficult to keep my own identity hidden at my own party. But you must meet Cassia Loraina!" she introduces Cassia to Elora as if she had not just seconds before learned Cass' name. "And of course Sir Roberts, adventurer for her Majesty."

She turns to Falcon, beckoning him to step closer as well. "How could such misfortune have befallen one as brave as you, my friend?"
Sir Robert offers to take Cassia's hand to kiss "My lady, such a fair complexion as yours should have song and rhyme to carry its fame far and wide".

The duchess tosses a sly glance toward Aspen, but for the first time, does not call out to a newly arrived guest. She seems to be giving him a moment to recover himself before calling any more attention to him. But then Elora is walking toward him, and she wears a knowing smile once more.

((Trying to keep up with all of you, responding pretty out of order now! ;) ))
The Nebular Arcana-Ivy Chiffon (played anonymously)

Ivy was caught slightly off guard by the duchess's acknowledgment of her, as she was still attempting to work out the rules. From the little she'd heard of the conversations so far, she knew to keep her name secret, for some reason- past that, she was mostly in the dark. She hesitantly took a step forwards, assuming Bunsai would be doing the same. "I Can't say that I have, no- he seems very.." She paused for a second before shrugging, lacking a word for his boldness. Hoping not to come across as rude, she made her way over to Gustav and extended her hand. "Hey, I'm- er, hey!" She put her free hand behind her back quietly.
Aspen stopped for a minute and looked around. He then saw some treats and other delicious food by the tables. He had a long journey to take, so he decided to take a treat. He looked over to the Duchess, who appeared to be talking to others. Aspen shrugged it all off after eating his treat. He then took a second attempt at approaching the other guests and nodded. He smiled, as he seemed to be enjoying himself, despite being there for not even five minutes. "I must say...this is a wonderful gala here." He turned to the Duchess and guests and bowed. "I am Aspen Heilsung. It is a pleasure to meet you all." After a second, he took a breath of relief, knowing how nervous he was.
Torie Lucius (played anonymously)

Torie used the fact that everyone was distracted to try and slip back outside, finding that sitting in the moonlight was much better then being inside the place with people he didn't know. He left his mask on, not wanting anyone to know who he was. He undid the braid in his hair, hating the way that Niklin's servants always did his hair, pulling the top part of his hair into a ponytail. He sat on his knees in the grass, smiling contently.

How could an hour have passed already, so quickly? A single petal falls from the glowing rose under the glass dome. 11 remain.

"It is, isn't it?" the Duchess agrees with Aspen. "And it's only going to get better, I promise you that."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus