Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Ivian (played by Ilmarinen)

The Sword chuckled softly upon hearing the duchess's doubt. "'Tis an unusual quest, I know," he said. "And I may find no success here, but I am sure I'll have a lovely night regardless." He finally resigned himself to the fact that his sash was just going to be a little crooked no matter what. "Perhaps I should have aught to drink ..."
Gustav Dirksen (played anonymously)

Gustav began to dance with Torie, feeling his feet sway to the rhythm almost nonchalantly. He was not yet aware of what had happened to him when he began to dance as he was much too busy enjoying himself for the time being, "So, may I know your name, or are you one who wishes to keep his identity secretive for the time being?" he asked curiously.
Suddenly she realized that Elora had been... Singing to her? She turned to the woman who had drifted over to follow her with a question in song form and she laughed as she tilted her head to the side, weighing her options. "Well if I were to do so I'd reveal my face, whatever could be the reason for a swap? But it could be fun." Her nose wrinkled slightly as she considered, her gaze sliding to Alfred for a moment before she nodded decisively. "How about for ten minutes?" She asked.
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

Alfred stared at all that is going on and marvels in yet another mysterious bout of magic. The cloud that was dumping snow on that poor soul was now showering him with wondrous snowflakes and they glittered brilliantly in the blue light. He was lost in it for a moment, while waiting for Cassia's reply, but she snapped his attention back to her when she spoke. He looked down at his wine as she described it and hoped she didn't want him to drink from it right then. It would take some finessing for him to be able to eat and drink, and he would have to find a private corner. He supposed that wouldn't be so weird, seeing that you weren't supposed to show your face.

"I see," Alfred told her and sounded amused. "I suppose I shouldn't have given you my name either." He meant it genuinely, as he didn't think about the secrecy of the masquerade. He didn't know whether what she said next, about her family, was in jest or not, but took it rather seriously. "That's awful," he told her before she gave him her name. "Cass. I shall take it."

And to her inquiry about the cloud, he looked up at it, hesitated, then shook his head. "I'm afraid I don't," he said and hoped she wouldn't press further then that.
Cosmic Spectrolite (played by LunarValravn)

A sigh of relief escaped when he realized no one seemed bothered by his display. Now, find a way to...he stopped mid-turn when he noticed someone approaching. Had he upset someone after all? Head held high once more, he strode towards Ivy only to bow his head once before her. " My deepest apologies for disturbing you with my outburst"
Snow Spirit (played by nightmqre)

Becoming more interested in the nights festivities, they quietly excused themselves from Yukina's presence with a second bow. They then quietly made their way through the room, inspecting the large variety of people attending such a party. The spirit felt wildly out of place despite the array of creatures present, and this made them cower slightly into their cloak. Their brow furrowed beneath their mask, their smile replaced with an uncertain scowl. They stopped, suddenly uncertain on whether to remain at the event.. "Perhaps it was a mistake, coming here." The mutter was more to themselves, looking around. "..Perhaps it is already time to depart."
Torie Lucius (played anonymously)

Torie smiled as Gustav started dancing with him. "I really don't care if someone knows my name, how else am I supposed to be addressed here? I obviously can't just be called fox or white fox." He giggled some. "I'm Torie!" He smiled brightly. "May I ask for your name?"
Aspen noticed the cloud getting bigger and fluffier. He smiled and laughed at this sight. "Awww...maybe you're a cute cloud after all. Perhaps you can enjoy-with me-this fabulous ball. Even if you can't, that's okay. I'll catch you if you fall." Aspen then blushed and looked away. Uh...what did I just say? he thought to himself, nervously. However, the cloud grew fluffier and left a small heaping of snow onto Aspen. He chuckled and brushed it off. He then went inside and cheered loud for all to hear. "Greetings, fellow guests and wonderful Duchess! You don't have to fear." He pointed to the cloud. "This little guy's trying to have some fun around here!"
((Sorry Elora! So many posts I think I lost yours, but I've replied ;)))
Elora gave Cassia a smile. "That should do, it'll be no trouble at all," she sang to her. "I'll be sure to give it back once I'm done." Which hopefully wouldn't be too long- ten minutes probably would be enough. Turning away from the crowd, the dark elf removed her feathered mask and handed it over to Cassia.
The Dragoness (played anonymously)

The Dragoness gave their hostess a smile as well, even though the question of their location hadn't been entirely answered. Her attention then shifted once more to the Sword, curiosity piqued by both his answer and his odd little recital. She thought, perhaps, she could understand his sentiment.

To his lopsided grin she returned a warm smile, inclining her horned head in his direction. "What an interesting quest," she replied. "I wish you luck finding the Sun."

She noted the growing swirl of snow but only watched it, quite used to cold weather. The Sword's comment about drink made her realize she was a little thirsty herself, and with a nod to the little group she stood with she said, "If there are drinks to be had I think I shall have one as well."
She paused a moment, then added to the Duchess, "And thank you, madam, for the festivities. I hope we all have a very enjoyable time."
The Nebular Arcana-Ivy Chiffon (played anonymously)

It would appear the work was once more done for her. "Oh! Don't worry about it, I was just caught a little off guard- you're very pretty, if you don't mind me saying." Perhaps an odd thing to say to someone she'd never met, she tried to think of something else to say to pull attention away from it, but her mind was blanking. "Uh.. What were you even doing, may I ask?" She asked the figure, her sleeves jingling loosely.
Erin Demond (played by Malacath)

Erin couldn't help but look at the invitation as he made his way to the ball. Usually, he was only invited to something like this when it was a business proposition, though this hadn't mentioned anything of the sort. Well, there was no turning back now... With a deep sight, the mafia boss adjusted his tie and put on his mask. Just one night, that's all it had to be. Once he stepped out of his limo, he walked towards the interesting building. "Well this should be fun."
Ivian (played by Ilmarinen)

The Sword bowed curtly to the Dragoness. "Then let me fetch one for you, my lady. It seems that many tastes are catered to here ..." He shot the duchess a wry look, implying her judicious use of magic to create the lovely evening. "... so what would you like?"
Gustav Dirksen (played anonymously)

Gustav nodded with a kindhearted smile, "Agreed, agreed, It's impossible to keep our identities completely secretive isn't it?" he asked, "My name is Gustav, I'm from the kingdom farther east, pleased to meet you Torie" he said, "Where are you from?" he questioned in an attempt to make small talk with him.
Renia (played anonymously)

Renia giggled as she listened to what was going on. She got up and smiled walked around and looking for a new friend. She spins as she feels so free. She starts singing to to herself. “ Winter is cold and yet most beautiful season. It bring us together and brings the holiday spirit with it. Oh how much I love the winter wonderland. “ she looks around and and smiled as she went to find somebody to talk to.
Alfred (played by DoogieMeowser)

Alfred watched as Cassia traded masks with another and the desire to see what lay beneath both of their masks was quickly replaced with nervous curiosity. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" He would ask Cassia if she returned to him, not bothering to hide his caution from the dark elf while he looked back and forth between her and Elora. One didn't generally want something unless they had something to gain from it. He wasn't exactly sure on the how, but this mask exchange gave him a funny feeling. He was also feeling strange at this newfound desire to protect a stranger from harm.
Torie Lucius (played anonymously)

"Nice to meet you Gustav." Torie gave a warm smile. "I'm one of the people who just kinda has an area that I run around and whenever I'm bored I make myself a new home....." He gave a shy smile. He hadn't really had an official home in years, now he just kinda ran the woods and would stay at friends places whenever he needed to. "My friend brought me here..." He glanced around, wondering where Niklin had actually gone.
The Dragoness (played anonymously)

How nice it was to be addressed as "my lady"! It had been quite a while since such a polite term had been used for her.

"Thank you, good sir," she responded, bobbing her head to him in another little half-bow. "I suppose..." What would she like? "...Something light would do. Maybe--something with a fruity sort of taste?"

She felt a bit silly asking it, but it was truly what she'd like just then.
The figure seemed hesitant indeed, and Cass felt that no one at a party should be allowed to be reticent. Holding up a finger to him she dipped in a quick courtesy, "just one moment while... I aide this lovely lady." She was curious for sure, her intruige piqued by the request to exchange masks. Turning away from the others she took Elora's offered mask and pulled off her own, quickly slipping the alternate on in its place. "There! How's that?" She murmured, smiling at the other woman. Turning she regarded Alfred again and tilted her head, her gaze going toward the dance floor before it went to the snow flurry and she'd raise her voice to offer,

"Lights dance under moonlit glade,
I feel it in the air.
Though this magic in time, it will fade,
I catch hold while I can.
Snatch this moment, this time and let it take hold
- a dance under sky, unders stars?
I will accept and enjoy, ere I grow too cold."

She looked shocked after her weak attempt, as it had been sung rather than spoken! The mask she'd traded... Her grin faltered. "Well I hope it helps.." Cass tried to murmur to Alfred, but that too was.. Sung? His words belatedly registered and she felt her face flush as she realized that some sort of magic had slipped over her. But her grin returned quickly enough and she gestured around her. Her singing voice, thankfully, was nothing to to be ashamed of. "It's a beautiful night, and caution, while it has its place, has no place here." She sang as she twirled once, and perhaps the wine was going to her head, but it was nice to not feel so stifled!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Masquerade Topic - Winter 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus